• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

pandacheck

Smash Ace
well the smash scene here is pretty small plus the GC guy charges to much for small tourneys, plus u have to deal with 2 really fast foxes SW / Eggz, so yea i dont blame peeps for not wanting to lose there money

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
im not gonna lie

having oregon on the rankings would be gay because of gage, who shane is going to want to rank higher than me/vish even though he doesn't enter singles events. and PR is supposed to be based on 1v1 performance right?

and juce, who shane is convinced is better than me/vish because... idk... because shane's an oregon*** lol

idk since i'm leaving i guess it's not a big deal but if you guys leave me on the PR (which is fine by me) you better not shaft me ;D especially since i don't even get a shot to play those guys in any important tourney events

juce placing higher than vish/andy at the dan 3 doesn't mean **** either, juce went through the really easy side of the bracket and didn't beat anyone special while me, vish and andy had to eliminate each other

JUST SAYIN

i hope juce doesn't read this and take it the wrong way btw, you're too good and playing you is hella fun and i can only WISH i had your fox in teams ... bUTTTTTT... i think i could take you in singles <3

edit: and I somehow get this feeling that vish is going to get shafted on the PR for not wanting to drive to oregon, and shane/otto will be like "vish is going down on the PR because he doesn't want to go to oregon tourneys." vish has already explained to me his reasoning for not wanting to go to oregon... top 3 placings in oregon are identical to top 3 placings in washington. every time vish has gone down there he's cleaned out oregon's players and ends up just fighting eggz, which he can do without driving 3 hours... (AND convincing his parents to let him drive their car for that long. which isn't easy afaik)

so you can't really blame him unless Vish really wants to go down for a challenge in doubles, which isn't really Vish's thing.

I feel the same way, btw.

maybe if aftermath still played, I'd want to go down to oregon and team with him again for old times sake ... <3 my first regular teams partner ever haha.

WHATEVER. tl;dr me and vish for #4-#5

PhongP

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I think that's a good point Toph. While it'd be good that there's more competition in the PR, I think it'd be stupid on both ends to get "shafted" for not driving to oregon or for them not driving up here.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Never actually thought about that Toph.

I think you are probably right, that would put more pressure on Vish or somebody to have to drive and enter tournaments in OR. Which would be kinda cool, but actually really stupid.

Also I remember saying along time ago that our top half of PR was better than OR in general and a bunch of ppl disagreed, yet now Vish is cleaning them *****es out lol.

But either way, I feel it toph.

@Phong-are you a late nighter or an early riser?

PhongP

Smash Cadet
Haha. I'm just pulling an all nighter to study for my last two finals today. Doesn't oregon have any really good players? Not hatin on them FYI! Just wondering since i don't know anything about the oregon scene

shane was the first person i talked to about it and he said jesse and gage would be below you and vish for sure, toph. its not like shane himself gets to decide whos on the pr anyways. and its not that big of a deal, even if we dont go down to oregon, they come up here. there was 3 or 4 carpools up here last time, and we had 2 down there last time. id say we get enough of each other to be able to make it happen. theres no way wed put them over you if they didnt outplace you or anything, idk why you think that.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
haha im just going off of a recent time when shane said to me and vish that juce and gage were better

ALTHOUGH I should've realized he was just using aggravation tactics to get us to go down to portland XD

PhongP

Smash Cadet
Still, i think it'd be hard to do the rankings if some people never get the chance to play each other right? Like the people here who don't go to oregon will never get to play against the people there who don't come to washington.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
aight well yeah I like the idea I guess o.o it's true, we would get to play each other at least once a month (more than that if we make efforts to go down there) so yeah... I guess OR is equally valid with EWA, it's an equal (shorter?) distance anyway

AND it would make our pr more legit haha

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Oregon comes to every GC and recently we've been going to everything (see Jems tournament and The Dan 3) haha. It shouldn't be hard for WA to come to our like maybe 1 tournament every 2 months. Also, it's not like WA has to compete with all of Oregon. The Oregon that doesn't go up to GC shouldn't REALLY be counted for PR anyway. Although I guess saying that could go the same way for people who don't come to OR.

Obviously Jesse shouldn't be higher than Toph or Vish until he get's results. Regardless of being better or not. I would say I shouldn't even be on the PR until I enter singles. Maybe like an honorable mention at the bottom haha.

Oregon is MUCH closer and a much better drive than EWA. The problem you had with EWA was they never went to your guys' melee tournaments. It was just Chip winning random EWA melee shindigs.

Oregon I would say has a larger melee scene than WA. So I would assume that should be more of an incentive to come down.

tldr: Nothing would be bad in having a NW ranking

Also, this made me laugh
having oregon on the rankings would be gay because of gage

i dont think it should be a northwest ranking, but rather a western wa and oregon ranking. unless ewa goes to tourneys over here or in oregon they cant be a part of it. were not going back over there, not worth it.

edit: wtf we havent updated this in a minute

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
well when I was saying NW I really just meant OR and WWA haha. I mean if EWA wanted to come to the tournaments. I would say they should be ranked. They haven' though and I don't think their feelings are hurt that they wouldn't be on the pr

Eggz

Smash Hero
OR definitely has a stronger melee scene, especially since they're willing to travel and play just for the experience lol
If you're playing for 3rd youll never improve. Vish and Toph have both come close to beating me, why dont you just do it and get 1st or 2nd lol
Anyway, OR is coming to GC (as per every tournament ever) so see you guys saturday. Also if its koo i'll see if they want to go to toph's on friday, but someone better buy me ramen

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
either youre really dumb or youre really bad at jokes. lets go with both.

good night
**** off lil *****. I hope you slept like ****.

Either way, it actually makes more sense to include EaWa. If they dont come to Wwa then they just dont get ranked. Its pretty easy to just say GC will be our official tournament location and whoever is there is eligible for PR if they live within the confines of WA/OR.

There just isnt a reason to say our PR is half of of WA and OR. It might as well be WA and OR. According to the Regional board rules we wouldn't be eligible for separate PR threads anyway. (they prob use aib but still)

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Sure, we can include EaWA, but they havent even been to a tournament over here in ages so they wouldnt be on anyway lol

also keep in mind theres GC Portland and GC Lynwood and both should count
-eggz

**** off lil *****. I hope you slept like ****.

Either way, it actually makes more sense to include EaWa. If they dont come to Wwa then they just dont get ranked. Its pretty easy to just say GC will be our official tournament location and whoever is there is eligible for PR if they live within the confines of WA/OR.

There just isnt a reason to say our PR is half of of WA and OR. It might as well be WA and OR. According to the Regional board rules we wouldn't be eligible for separate PR threads anyway. (they prob use aib but still)
im not saying they cant be on if they go to tournaments, im saying making it a top 15 and adding them right now would be dumb, which is what your post was suggesting we should do. either that or it was a bad joke, like i said. i guess you proved my point

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
im not saying they cant be on if they go to tournaments, im saying making it a top 15 and adding them right now would be dumb, which is what your post was suggesting we should do. either that or it was a bad joke, like i said. i guess you proved my point
We dont have to do it, and I didnt think it was that great of an idea, but it was a suggestion. EaWA does have smashers who play melee, and are as far as we know competitive towards the bottom of the current PR list. There isnt an actual solidified problem so there isnt a 100% correct solution. You seem to lash out and name call when I dont agree with your solution. mmm shane maybe lol. You could have just disagreed.

Its kinda like what toph was saying about vish not wanting to go to OR. We dont want to go to EaWa but we ***** at them for not wanting to come over here. They didnt completely stop having melee, just neither WWa or EaWa has made strides to connect.

You need Black Jesus- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPCbK8skyFE

We dont have to do it, and I didnt think it was that great of an idea, but it was a suggestion. EaWA does have smashers who play melee, and are as far as we know competitive towards the bottom of the current PR list. There isnt an actual solidified problem so there isnt a 100% correct solution. You seem to lash out and name call when I dont agree with your solution. mmm shane maybe lol. You could have just disagreed.

Its kinda like what toph was saying about vish not wanting to go to OR. We dont want to go to EaWa but we ***** at them for not wanting to come over here. They didnt completely stop having melee, just neither WWa or EaWa has made strides to connect.

You need Black Jesus- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPCbK8skyFE
Notice I never denied them the ability to be on the PR as long as they go to tournaments

i dont think it should be a northwest ranking, but rather a western wa and oregon ranking. unless ewa goes to tourneys over here or in oregon they cant be a part of it. were not going back over there, not worth it.
im not lashing out because you disagree with me, im "lashing" out because youre idea was dumb enough to be a bad joke.

since when do we ***** at them for not coming over here? as far as i know we could care less. quit acting like you know anything about the wa tourney scene when you dont go to them. we did make a stirde to go there, and went there. all of them showed up, turned out to be smaller than gc, thus not worth it at all. so whats the point of connecting any further than that, so we can go through the trouble of extending our PR for bad players when our pr sucks as it is?

black jesus is the dumbest thing ive ever heard of.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Its not really that big a deal. I really dont care. Im only saying, if you disagree just say you disagree.

A bad idea is a bad idea, but no need to name call.

i did say i disagree, just not in the form of "i disagree". you yourself said it was dumb, so calling you dumb was pretty much necessary lol.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
**** otto, them fightin' words

I wouldnt mind merging regions but (like everyones been saying already) it'll start turning in to how often one group goes to to the other group - or - why people aren't able to go to the tournies. In either case it's going create a lot of useless talk that won't go anywhere which will ruin how legit a tourney becomes because someones going say "oh well X guys didnt come so it shouldnt have a lot of significance on pr" etc. Not trying to be pessimistic, just more realistic.

**** otto, them fightin' words

I wouldnt mind merging regions but (like everyones been saying already) it'll start turning in to how often one group goes to to the other group - or - why people aren't able to go to the tournies. In either case it's going create a lot of useless talk that won't go anywhere which will ruin how legit a tourney becomes because someones going say "oh well X guys didnt come so it shouldnt have a lot of significance on pr" etc. Not trying to be pessimistic, just more realistic.
X guys showing up doesn't alter the legitimacy of tourney matches that have nothing to do with them. People not showing up doesn't hurt other people, it just hurts themselves. With more people we'll probably be able to update the rankings more often too. The reason it hasn't been updated in months is because no one goes to tourneys and we don't know where to rank 10 people. Oregon goes to more WA tourneys than more than half of WA. By Oregon I mean those eligible for PR spots (always) as well as a few others (usually)

Top Bottom