• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

After brawl comes out prolly.
hopefully there wont be a separate forum for pacific west and brawl, so we can keep this thread and use it.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
theres still 2 ppl that i can name off the top of my head not on PR but above you (no offence) fear, and miserable. Plus you lost to my brother in the tournament.... no johns.

EDIT: not trying to be rude, im just saying dont get your hopes up, look at the competition, and you will improve.

Jem.

Smash Master
Yeah those two should move up. I still think Dan is good, but I think Teddy should take his spot. And Mike should either be removed, or Andrew 9th imo, and if Mike is removed, me 7th him 8th. That's just my bias opinion though, but I've never lost to Andrew in tournament. Or anyone below me rather.

Chip - idk if I'm going to that, doubt I am. I have to start scrimming MLG in this open thing with 3000+ teams, Top 128 teams get free flights/hotel rooms/ect to an MLG event, since Gilbert Arenas of the NBA paid for it. So far I have almost 2 free MLG event paying gone for, which no money leaving my pocket, pretty sweet.

If I do make a rare appearance, we can play a serious set, but I don't have much money to put into MM's. I do wanna play competitively still when Brawl comes out, if it's actually gonna be March 9th..

Eggz

Smash Hero
theres still 2 ppl that i can name off the top of my head not on PR but above you (no offence) fear, and miserable. Plus you lost to my brother in the tournament.... no johns.

EDIT: not trying to be rude, im just saying dont get your hopes up, look at the competition, and you will improve.
Pretty sure Jamie is better than you, those you mentioned in that post, and ademisk.

Let's do another PR pools for Everyone under Jem at this GC. Or if Jem wants to join in too lol. Who's been placing higher and doing better out of you and Andrew Jeremy?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Let's do another PR pools for Everyone under Jem at this GC. Or if Jem wants to join in too lol. Who's been placing higher and doing better out of you and Andrew Jeremy?

agree

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
yes i have improved. i'd say anyways. not that canada is a biggie but got 5th in BC at SFU3 after beating there PR rank 5 guy, but stupididly got myself from 2nd seed at the dan2 to not at all seeded lol.

and um, i never tried in those PR pools cuz i was so freakin tired after the tourney, but this PR pool round i'll save some energy or do something i guess. i wont john this time lol.

Jem.

Smash Master
I'd rather sit out. I had to do PR Pools twice, and cleanly swept it 16-0 last time.

Umm, I didnt do singles at Dan, so.. Last tournament Andrew and I were both at, dunno. I usually have to play Teddy and Ammon right at the start, so I never get a chance.

It usually goes

Ammon first round
random
guy on pr lower than me
Teddy in a kind of close set? It's been awhile.

The last GC I went to, I believe I lost to Eric and Dan, and beat Robbie.

Yeah word. Also Link will prolly go to GC or something and make it harder lol.
PR pools it is, Jeremy doesn't have to compete. I could tell you were still at least as good as you were before.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I think I'll be going to the next GC, but I don't want to do PR pools either, and I'm not sure if I'll be entering, so looks like the spot that'll probably be taken by Rohins will clear up.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That's the first time I've seen James post in ... forever. Because, you know, "forever" is longer than a month.

Deva

Smash Lord
Jem should enter pools, I want his spot, lol. It'd be harder to beat someone above him anyways.

BTW, sorry we haven't been to any tourneys in a while, snow kinda 4stocked us. Parents don't really approve of going over the pass in this weather so I can't take Chip and I would feel bad leaving him behind.

Deva

Smash Lord
True, but it's been a while since I've played you. I've picked up quite a few Link vs Falco tricks since then. Plus, if you've never lost, what's the risk, you should be guaranteed. Why not amuse those below you.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
the first couple people from the results of the pr pool should play jem

not having him do it at all doesn't give much insentive for the others to try

just sayin

Deva

Smash Lord
Actually, that's a pretty good idea Gimpy. How about Each Player on the rankings, including the top 5 as well, do pools of five with the 3-5 players below them. That way it gives everyone a chance to move up and makes it so the better players don't have to play too many matches. For everyone who wants to join the PR, they can do pools with maybe the last three spots on the PR or something. Just an idea, but whatevs.

edit: also, gonna be really hard to get work off for this GC since I'm going to fingerbang. There's a chance I won't make it, so if at all possible, I'd appreciate it if you guys could postpone the pools till next GC. I know you shouldn't have to postpone anything for just 1-2 people, but the snow should definately be clearing up by then and I'll have time to request off for work.

You guys should really come to FB. If you don't, I'll make sure to take first. Representin Wa is what its all about Yeahhhyuzzz.

BTW, I made a combo vid, check it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNnUs-I8lBI

Top Bottom