• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

NOALink

Smash Rookie
Smashers in Spokane?

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the state, just interested to see if anyone in Spokane would be up for some Melee. I'm a pretty serious player, but not quite up to EGGZ/KA and co (don't dismiss me for my lack of postings, though). Still, I play well and am pretty creative with some of the mid-tier fighters. I'm in grad school so time isn't always readily available, but I can always find time somewhere for Smash.

Let me know, my AIM screen name is NOALink if you want to drop me a line.

Greg

NINTENDO OF AMERICA?!?!?! YARr

i r aftermaff

[WIKI="johns"]edit: eggz on silent wolf's account thinking that he is on aftermath's account pretending to be aftermath[/WIKI]

Jem.

Smash Master
Well, Jamie quit smash, since it's the reason him and his ex-fiance arent even together anymore, so it pretty much ruined his life. And since Jamie quit, that coincides with me quitting. Which means PR spot open. So good ****ing **** I guess Ademisk. If I come sometime I'll just beat the people in my old spot / below me like usual.

Jem.

Smash Master
Cause he had to see tricia yesterday to give her her W2 form since it got mailed to my house. And he was always gone and stuff and people wanted to go OOS and shiz nearly every weekend. Was like, 4 months, but still, just got to him I guess and he figures smash will ruin whatever he wants again.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I think I deserve Jems spot.....Also, that REALLY sucks for Jamie. I don't think it is ruining his life he just needs to learn how to balance. He also shouldn't take people to OoS thing's if he doesn't want too. Tell him this Jem. Also, tell him that he has like two of my blankets haha :)

Jem.

Smash Master
Lol you can't be on WA PR, you're from Oregon =p.
I'd say Jamie deserves my spot, but seems he's done too XD.

Add me on myspace peach masta guy.
And he really has trouble saying no, so when people ask him he just punches himself and says yeah basically.

Rare chances I'll just show up occasionally, but, dont count on me to come to this GC, but maybe next one if im bored or something, who knows.

GL guys : )

Deva

Smash Lord
Otto, I finally realized why you and Nate think Falco sucks so bad. Aside from a recovery that even Falcon has a chance at beating, you can DI out of everything he has. If he hits you with an aerial, DI and the shine won't hit. If he hits your Shield with and aerial, DI and his shine won't hit. If he hits you with the shine, DI and he can't continue the combo. The only redeeming quality he has is his lazers and after you start power shielding them or just avoiding them, he's pretty much helpless. Link sucks too, but just because I can now beat Falco with Link says Falco must suck pretty bad. SInce Otto's insane with Falco though, it'll be a different story. I'll accept the mm regardless though. I want money too >_>.

Oh yeah, Nate. Falco is Link's hardest matchup if you don't know how to play against falco. Once you learn all the matchups, Fox is by far the most difficult. Then prolly Sheik, Falcon, Marth, and Falco, though Falco falls under slight advantage if anything.

It's gonna be really hard to to get work off this week. If you guys could hold off the PR pool one more month I'd really appreciate it. Let me know though if you absolutely must do it this GC and I'll see if I can do anything.

Deva

Smash Lord
lol, prolly not considering you use the joy stick to short hop and miss your fast falls and l-cancels half the time. Also, honestly I didn't know how to play Falco back then. It's been like 4-5 months since I've played you since you weren't even at the last GC I attended.

Doesn't really matter since you quite though, right? Or are you just pretending to quit like before, lol.

Jem.

Smash Master
You still don't know how to play Falco. And that combo video is really bad, cause chip isnt teching as fox at all when you're mass down smashing. Only the edge guards are decent.

And you still don't know how to play my Falco. Cause I don't play like anyone else.
I think next time we see each other, we're in demand of a recorded MM if you think you're such hot **** and think I'm so bad.

And I'm not really quit, just, I dunno, Mike status I guess? Except showing up more than once every 4 months and getting to stay on PR XD.

I should be at next GC, especially if you want to try and beat me,

Chip.

you know what to do
My falco would still beat your link btw. Don't get cocky.
actually no

You still don't know how to play Falco. And that combo video is really bad, cause chip isnt teching as fox at all when you're mass down smashing. Only the edge guards are decent.
He does know how to play Falco better now; considering you wouldn't know since you haven't played him anytime recently. And what on earth does the irrelevency of his combo video and your opinion no one cares about come up in this discussion?

And you still don't know how to play my Falco. Cause I don't play like anyone else.
I think next time we see each other, we're in demand of a recorded MM if you think you're such hot **** and think I'm so bad.
You don't "play" like everyone else in the fact that you, Jem, are honestly one of the worst shufflers I've ever seen lol; not to say that makes you bad at the game, you just suck at fast-falling, L-canceling, shuffling in general, etc. lol. I'm not sure if you have improved your technical skill in that aspect whatsoever, but it's a demanding weakness of your's and I pray you improve it. Is that what you meant by playing like nobody else? lmao

Deva never was saying that you were bad, which leaves me thinking how poor your reading comprehension must be. Deva said he'll probably beat you, which I think he probably will, and that you are bad at shuffling.

And I'm not really quit, just, I dunno, Mike status I guess? Except showing up more than once every 4 months and getting to stay on PR XD.
Quit entering your fickle and moody/emo state about 'quiting' and 'not quiting'. If you quit, you don't play the game anymore >_> that means you have stopped your commitment to playing the game competitevly and that you can move on to something else in your spare time. How hard is that to grasp?

Lol, get some friggin' money first and then please MM us. I highly suggest graduating from high school like a normal human being and find a real job or something since your like 19 >_> seriously find money lol :)

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
So Deva, you and chip aren't gonna be able to make it this weekend? T_t. poopers

Well next time we play, I'd like to have a Falco Link MM too. Cuz I think I remember doing that match-up with you before, and it was way hard even back then for me, so I wanna see your new tricks n' stuff.

on another note...why is this thread so bad lol

Deva

Smash Lord
actually no

He does know how to play Falco better now; considering you wouldn't know since you haven't played him anytime recently. And what on earth does the irrelevency of his combo video and your opinion no one cares about come up in this discussion?

You don't "play" like everyone else in the fact that you, Jem, are honestly one of the worst shufflers I've ever seen lol; not to say that makes you bad at the game, you just suck at fast-falling, L-canceling, shuffling in general, etc. lol. I'm not sure if you have improved your technical skill in that aspect whatsoever, but it's a demanding weakness of your's and I pray you improve it. Is that what you meant by playing like nobody else? lmao

Deva never was saying that you were bad, which leaves me thinking how poor your reading comprehension must be. Deva said he'll probably beat you, which I think he probably will, and that you are bad at shuffling.

Quit entering your fickle and moody/emo state about 'quiting' and 'not quiting'. If you quit, you don't play the game anymore >_> that means you have stopped your commitment to playing the game competitevly and that you can move on to something else in your spare time. How hard is that to grasp?

Lol, get some friggin' money first and then please MM us. I highly suggest graduating from high school like a normal human being and find a real job or something since your like 19 >_> seriously find money lol :)
Lol, ownage. Sorry, I couldn't stop laughing over chip's post. Too good. ANyways. I'm sorry Jem. Didn't mean to start a flame war. You're Falco is actually pretty good, considering the people you have to be compared to like PC, Da Shiz Wiz, and Others. It's just annoying that you're always like "I have close matches with Deva....but he'll never beat me.".....? I mean WTF. I never bashed on you before but you've always been a **** to us. Like Chip said, it's not that you're tech skill sucked, it's that you used the joy stick to short hop and it caused you to miss fast falls and l-cancels more often than most. Luckily, it doesn't matter against Link cuz his grab sucks so bad that he still can't shield grab you. Anyways, I'm sure you've gotten way better at tech skill since then so I don't think you suck. It's just that I think back on our old matches and matches I had against other Falcos. Other Falco's would **** me. Our matches were always close cuz you had trouble with certain technical aspects and I thought, "hey, why is Jem's falco the only one that doesn't **** me?" Since then, learned certain strategies of DI and spacing that have helped a lot in the match up so based on how you played before, I would win. However, I'm sure you've improved your tech skill so Im sure you have a good chance of winning as well. I guess you could ask Shane. We only did a few friendlies but my Link did a lot better against his Falco.

Anyways, Yeah, maybe not $20, but lets definately do a recorded mm.

It looks like Chip won't make this but I might be able to. Again, someone let me know if the pools will be this month or next.

We should probably just do PR pools next month, since that's the last SSBM only tourney that will be at GC. Also it would let everyone know ahead of time, and Chip would make it I would assume. Sound good everyone?

Jem.

Smash Master
I haven't been compared to shiz wiz.. I dont even deserve to, not nearly as good as him.
And I haven't been compared to PC either. But I sense the sarcasm detector yelling @ me since I'm not nearly as good as either of them

I was rly bad pre-champ combo and up until the last month.

Deva

Smash Lord
ROFL, no.

I'm sorry, I meant As a Falco player There are such good players like PC and Shiz Wiz that it's hard for you to be considered as a good Falco. I wasn't comparing you. That was pretty funny though.

So anyways, I guess you got a lot better in the last month too so hopefully this will be a good mm.

artifice

Smash Ace
eh it was cool that pools wernt this month, i didnt wanna drive over this friday, would have been dan2/fingerbang/GC back to back to back, so yay i get a weekend off. see peeps at the next one.

Top Bottom