• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Yeah guys i did post the link through GoogleDocs but i would prefer a jpeg so people who are lazy can just see the image in the thread_ "Always remember to act as if your audience is impatient", best thing i ever learnt in film school cause it applies to oh-so much_

Alzi

Smash Master
Bob do you want to change the image of that file to a jpeg?

Also:

Why has no one got this epic wind waker ganondorf in the wii yet :D. I am drawing him btw should be done soon.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
So ideally I want to book the venue end of this week, anyone got the details for the church? Jupz did they charge you full price for the captains club or did you wrestle a discount out of them?

I was going to hold it on the Sunday (18th) but will change to Saturday if it accommodates more people so let me know which is better or if both are fine.

Jupz

Smash Master
I won't be able to come so doesn't matter what day.

Yeah trav ask for the winners club because its cheaper, on the morning when I got there they told me I was moving to captains. But I got it for the same price.

Talk to rob or ric about the church. Rob gave me a phone number but I didn't write it down.

Alzi

Smash Master
I've got the posters still with me so if you do book it at the church i can edit in the writing with ease.

We will just use that same layout i have for printing and i will send kane or who ever the actualy A4 size so it prints better. These days you need hell high tec computers so your finished product on photoshop / indesign / illustrator come out as they should be coming out.

If it's at the Church i will also come. Because i was talking to richard few days ago and i told him maybe next year i won't come to tourneys as much and he told me that you can atleast spare one day. He was right.

I would seriously play ganondorf in the tourney with that texture hack lol. I really hope the next smash bros has the following characters:

Toon Link
Toon Ganon
Tetra

If any person from wind waker gets in i will main them if they don't have toon link in the next smash bros i won't be getting the game. >: | lol.

Have a new avatar and sig. Got bored so i made them. I really do want a wind waker sound track all sealed.

And more news from me, EB games has another pre-order bonus! When you pre-order new super mario bros from them you get a mario CAP!. I think they should re-name themselfs EB Hats man they would make alot more money imo. No one will get bored of those rooster hats or diddy kong caps.

As i said next smash bros game if they have 3 characters from wind waker i will main all 3 and use them in tourneys to counter pick with them. The only reason i have no other mains in brawl is because i hate all the other characters. Well they are all good since they come from nintendo except for snake and sonic but still needs more toon.

Nice to see diffrent people holding tourneys. City tourneys would be ok i guess if you win a few extra $ then go to game traders there they have nice imports.

Rob is really smart and knows what he is doing so if we do host a big Australian tourney imo we will get more people then rocky and squat.

ergoproxy

Smash Rookie
hey Trav none of us (Roman, Trill and myself) will be able to make it if its on a saturday.

Alzi

Smash Master
I will be able to come on a Sunday.

Sunday's are good days for the city anyhow.

Oh and no school on Monday so i will definatley be able to watch live stream if they put up live stream!.

Edit: If anyone has any boxed zelda games or good collectable merchandise that want to sell to me tell me. If anyone buys me some certain things online from play asia i will most likley pay them extra money so you gain some profit of some sort.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
me and glenn cant come on saturdays but can sundays. Marteh r u going to the city anytime soon, maybe could met you in there and give u wires?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
toon zelda/shiek were planned for brawl but were dropped somewhere along the way, some of their game data is on the brawl disc.

MTGod

Smash Champion
"Always remember to act as if your audience is impatient", best thing i ever learnt in film school cause it applies to oh-so much_
I tried to think of a counter argument to that logic... but it's futile T.T So, here's something that might work (after this, all out of ideas :p):::

Highlight all the necessary cells in Excel you want, CTRL+C it, then CTRL+V it into Paint/Paint.NET on an adequately sized canvas... So simple, it just might work??? Good luck

I was going to hold it on the Sunday (18th) but will change to Saturday if it accommodates more people so let me know which is better or if both are fine.
Working on Saturday :( + would the church have enough power points???

EB games has another pre-order bonus!
Smite EB and their apparent bargains!!! Support the small businesses!!! (What's that??? There aren't any left??? That was fast...)

Seriously though, EB's good and all but I wouldn't buy anything other than brand new (+unopened!) games from them - I don't mean to slander them, but I (and my friends) haven't had very good experiences with their peripherals/pre-owned stuff... Then again, if they did sell merchandise outside of pre-order too (as long as it wasn't electronic/mechanical) I would shop there ^^ But I guess every shop has it's own pros and cons (**** you JBHiFi for breaking all my CD cases!!!! ARGH!!!!)

wind waker
*sigh* I miss Wind Waker T.T Maybe I'll go search for it again after exams :D

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
toon zelda/shiek were planned for brawl but were dropped somewhere along the way, some of their game data is on the brawl disc.
Not to forget, Roy, Minun and Plushie.I think mewtwo as well.

It's funny how many people don't know that :p

Edit: At the moment Alex I have no plans to be in perth in the near future :p Eh if the next tourney isnt to far I should be able to hold off lol.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Sunday definitely

If you want me to host then that's fine, but it would be another lot of work for me XD

I'm back on Sunday, so only 2 days left :S

True Romance

Smash Ace
I will be hosting a tourney connected with game traders in the next month or two, will be sorting out details tonight, stay tuned.

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah i heard about that. Along with some other characters.

Next smash bros game is going to be so dam huge.

I have exams this term again but i'll only be studying on the maths, english ones since i'm not doing sciene or a sae next year.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Pretty sure samuel is on his plane to melbourne right now.
I think you should all know that trav and i have a 10$ bet going
My 10$ says samuel wins rocky

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Just making it clear I'd love for Samuel to win and I think he'll place well, but the odds are on my side here :)

Alright Sunday the 18th it is, I'll start writing up the tournament post now. Still don't have the church details so for right now assume it's at the Arena.

PLEASE BRING TV'S, WII'S AND BRAWL!!!

Alzi

Smash Master
Sam will win Rocky. No one at rocky is at Sam's level yet.

They are all next to Vlades and Richards level imo. I made a bet in some thread that if anyone beats sam in a tourney macth best out of 3 i would give them $100.

Why ofcourse if all else goes wrong i have Elton here ;)

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I can bring a wii..But cant bring the cords haha

And umm yeah...Go Sam...But I'm sorry man $10 resides on you losing :p SO LOSE AWAY!
Heck I've even given Edgegames a pep talk about it lol.

Jupz

Smash Master
What are you gonna call it trav? Lol that was my favourite part, making up a name :p

Anyway probs won't be able to come so I won't be able to bring my 3 TVs and a wii :(

Also go sam to win rocky.

just saw the name lol. lol at 1 - corneria

also even though im not coming glad you kept PS2 as a counterpick - its a good stage. i knew you woulda got rid of green greens and YI melee :p port town will be interesting.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Haha nice one Marty I was waiting for someone to do that. Should've used posh Wolf

But Jupz you need time to wind down after studying so hard, this is a release so you can be fully energised and put your whole heart and soul into studying and doing well, if you only study it will become mundane and a chore and you'll retain less information!...would your dad buy that?

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Trav I was thinking can we have these 2 side events
2 Teams of 4 in a speed run on lylat wars. Team Fox vs Team Wolf.

And also "Play Super Mario Bros 3 world 8-1 while we play unfitting music"

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
We don't need their Rocky, we'll have our own tournament, with alcohol, and hookers...in fact forget the tournament!
This is more sounding like "THE PERTH SMASH COMMUNITY PRESENTS: A MARTY, TRAV AND ANDRE' STYLE TOURNAMENT"

In other news was wondering, if Trav's cool with it could anyone bring a stereo, it'd be nice to have some music going. Im sick of the brawl music...

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I trust that'll be held after Rocky anyway to commemorate the triumphant returns of Mic and Sam

Yeah I'm totally cool with that you know i love my karaoke :p But during tournament some people might find it annoying in which case it'll have to be turned off.

Alzi

Smash Master
I am so staying up all of sunday just to see what sam came and if he ***** the following people:

tedeth
swordsaint
Shaya

and some others. :p

Top Bottom