• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Oh yeah I totally forgot about the 3rd place toblerone, what ever happened to that? Talking of it where'd that Dan guy disappear to, he played a Pink Falcon from memory.
Edit: Oh yeah I also remember being very unsocial as for the day prior me and my best friend fell out lol. >>;
Second Edit: And someone (Sam maybe) played Melodies of Life from FF9 on keyboard.

Wow memories lol

Still Mario Kart DS , Luigi + Egg1. I really feel with all this Mario Kart talk next tourney we at least need to get people to bring their DS'.

Alzi

Smash Master
I only joined because you encouraged me vlade :p. I remeber before i was like i'll go but i'll only vs people in friendlys lol.

I also still remeber Jonathon. He had a very good pit and hopefully when the next smash bros comes he will return again.

Good times that were short were good.

I also find it funny how some mods have changed their avatar simmiler to Mic's with the glass eye and the hat. Hylian's one is lol.

Edit: Marteh good idea about the ds.. I have mario kart on DS i use dry bones on the bomber but i haven't played it in awhile.

Jupz

Smash Master
Lol I'll bring mine if anyone wants, but we may as well play online :p

Nice summary Vlade, I'd write one but I'm like the latest person to join and I've only been here for a few months so it would be pretty pointless. :p

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Sif not mention me Vlade. :p

Anyway, I'm itching for the next tourney. School holidays are so soon and nothing has been proposed yet. Also I've decided to drop Diddy as a main. I played him after getting back from America and he just wasn't any fun. That might have just been because my new TV lags brawl (which angers me more than anything has before ><). So I'm picking up Ness/Sheik/Luigi. Hopefully the next tourney wil help me decide a sloid main.

My smash story is very short if anything. It all started with SB64 and I was the best at it out of all of my friends that lived on the street that used to come over and play all the time. When SSBM came out I played it without end, becoming the best out of everyone I knew at that. When SSBB came out, I met someone at school that was better than me, so Pete told me about SWF and I began my competitive smash "career". I wanted to be the very best. Like no one ever was. I won a tourney at RFLAN and that was a rush that I will remember forever. 1 stock left on me, 3 stocks left on my grand finals opponent, making a miraculous comeback (leaving out the fact there were items >_>).

tl;dr When's the next tourney? I love brawl.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Let me reminisce about my origin of brawl. Ah, it was a fine day at school one summer morning. My good and sexual man friend Alan and my other asscosciate Nathan were talking about how good brawl is. After a few weeks i got it AND WAS LIKE BAM. I was just playing against cpus but it was the tops. Then after a while Alan introduced me to this forum and i was like qwtfX! And yeh i was just smashing it up. Ive never played to win because i dont like playing cheaply in order to win. Im happy with comin 4th at tourneys.

Passes on Trilogies of the Perth Smash to Alzinat0r

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
But Jupz online it's not as fun since you can't rub it in people's faces when you beat them....Ehhh I mean, graciously shake their hand after a good match *cough*

Jupz

Smash Master
Lol, assuming they get beat ;)

I really hope I can make it to the next tourney although I'm going on a school ski trip to new zealand during the holidays :(

Alzi

Smash Master
You guys can see how i introduced a noob to brawl ;) lol. Kidding.

Yeah my friend nathan and I heard brawl was coming out and by then it was hell epic like we had to vs each other to see who would **** who.

Personally i never knew about competitive smash bros until i came on here. I will do a massive post soon of how i got into nintendo.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I only discovered the competitive scene after seeing Ken vids and realising there is a competitive Smash scene to be found.

And I got into Nintendo simply because my brother liked Sega =D

Jupz

Smash Master
Well. I helped randomness_FTW find his way here after seeing him wandernig lost around smashboards. he hasnt posted back since tho :(

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Well even though I'm a big newbie to the scene I can tell you that you'll be hard-pressed to get rid of me now, I plan on being around for a long time to come. We're lucky to have such a great community.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Guys just remember that it's pretty much impossible for me to host another tournament for at least a very long time due to **** happening with parents.

I'd be happy to host if someone else books the venue for me, because my parents chucked a huge psycho when a bill came in the mail the other day to pay for the venue >_> Of course I'll tell you exactly what to do to book - but I'm not sure if I'm ready to host another tournament yet.

Parents suck.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Ah, mario kart. I always thought dry bones was the quickest character.
Oh yer, Nasch since your using sheik and stuff. Does that mean you don't use diddy anymore? And it looks like i can finally get back to playing some brawl, coz the exams are over :) Also does anyone know when condiut (?) that wii FPS is going to get realesed?

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Ah, mario kart. I always thought dry bones was the quickest character.
Oh yer, Nasch since your using sheik and stuff. Does that mean you don't use diddy anymore? And it looks like i can finally get back to playing some brawl, coz the exams are over :) Also does anyone know when condiut (?) that wii FPS is going to get realesed?
Yup. No more diddy. I'm probably just put off by him now that hes high tier. I picked him up back when he was mid-ish still below DK.

Conduit is coming out July 16th. Stil deciding whether I want to get to it.
http://au.gamespot.com/wii/action/theconduit/index.html?tag=result;title;0

Jupz

Smash Master
I've been using Samus recently, I might pull her out in a few tournaments time. I have to get confident with using Diddy and possible Falco or Marth in tournaments before I use Samus :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I thought you used Marth and Ness Marteh? :p
Heh well yeah I do but Marth I'm having real trouble finding anything more to learn, and Ness is so easily chain grabbed I'm starting to see it a waste to practice him, thus I'm starting to learn a few lower tier (well mid) characters to pass the time. I recall you had the same difficulty with DDD a month ago about not knowing what to build on? How'd you get around it?

Jupz

Smash Master
I haven't really played for the past month except against the occasional CPU, and I haven't gotten that much better due to having no human opponents except my friends, and we dont play smash very much anyway. But I just learned more about DDD from the forums, and one thing I learnt, watch the opponent not your own character :p I suppose just getting more knowledgeable about the game helps. As vlade said, watch what your opponents patterns are :p
I know it wasn't much help, I'm still searching for a full answer myself but thats just what I've learnt :p

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, I still haven't decided who to main yet, lol.
But i think ill main lucario, marth and falco.
And i hope conduit isn't a big let down.
Just played RES4 (resident evil 4) and i gotta say its one of the best games i've played on wii so far.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I absolutley love RE4 it's an awesome game. Also i like to play a bit of everyone, might be hardcore and go random next tourney for "teh lulz" we should have a random tourney, that would be fun.

Vlade

Social Outcast
It's fun watching the look of your opponent's face when chaingrabbing with ice climbers :) They're equal mains with my falco now and I suppose I'll use metaknight/DDD every now and then.

And yeah, everything's cool with my parents now , so you guys can expect a tournament coming up - I'll dish out some details when my exams are over this thursday. It'll probably all be exactly the same, but eventually we'll probably have to look for a venue in the city or something because I know it's a pain for bob and other south-of-the-river folks to get down to joondalup.

I plan to run this on a sunday this time, and it will preferably be an almost-all-day event, so long as bob and co. can get down for 10 oclockish - this way we'll have plenty of time for singles, doubles, AND side events like low-tier tournies or TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!! :)

Speaking of which, I suggest that Mic set up a poll titled, 'what side event should I include in my tournies?'

Start nominating ideas NOW!!!

Also, I'm going to have to increase the entry fee unless we get over 30 people. Last tournament I lost quite a bit of money ($40-$70) so therefore I'm going to have to make the entry fee $10 because I can't afford to keep losing so much money.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Good to hear everything's worked out Vlade, also will be good to see the scene starting again (suffering from tournament deprivation). I don't know about most people but I'm fine with an entry fee rise.
As for side events, my vote is on
Low Tier Tournament
Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Could also do Mario Kart since that's been a big topic lately

Jupz

Smash Master
10 bucks is fine, also I vote for the who can beat sam competition :p

Also crew battles would be cool. And a MKWii tourney would be awesome :D

Muzga

Smash Ace
I have a few suggestions
soul calibur 2/pokemon/f zero GX/ speedrun competitions
I dunno, just throwing it out there:)

Vlade

Social Outcast
I like the idea of pokemon as usual Andre :)

For SSB64 it would be convenient if people had it installed on their wii via homebrew - I could probably do that at my next tournament as long as you guys all have homebrew channel installed.

Oh, and at least one wii needs to have GeckoOS to run Tatsunoko vs Capcom (since my copy is from japan). I really want all of you guys to at least give it a try - it's a traditional fighter so anyone who likes SF, MvC and all those games MUST play this.

Hmm so a list of side-event suggestions we've had so far:

Mario Kart Wii
SSB64
Low-Tier Brawl Tournaments (or Random brawl tournaments :))
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Sould Calibur 2
Pokemon
F-zero GX
Speed-run competitions :p

Oh, and would you guys prefer the side-event to be free or for money? Does it have to be a tournament or just a play/muck around sort of thing? I suppose that depends on which game(s) we end up doing and how many set-ups we have.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Yay, vlade can hold a tournament:) Hopefully during the school holidays.
Hmmm, yer i wouldn't if the side events were free or not, but im liking the sound of a tatsunoko vs capcom mini tournament.

Also is sould calibur 2 even on the wii?

Alzi

Smash Master
Awesome news Vlade.

As for Tatsunoko vs Capcom it has been confirmed for the US and Europe lets hope it comes down to Australia so we can actually have the game and play it. Though 5 players are being replaced with others and online has been confirmed for the US and Europe release.

Side event i don't mind it being a lets beat sam tourney lol. Or we could have a captain falcon tourney this will show who the true man actually is.

Mario Kart wii tourney sounds nice :). We can also run crew battles from mario kart wii on battle mode with teams on.

Ravener it is on gamecube.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Vlade said:
For SSB64 it would be convenient if people had it installed on their wii via homebrew - I could probably do that at my next tournament as long as you guys all have homebrew channel installed.
Does anyone have a N64? I have one and 2 controllers and I'm used to playing with my N64 controller :)

Top Bottom