• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Vlade

Social Outcast
Here's a poster for advertising purposes:

All credits go to Vyse for making it - I only editted a few bits and pieces. It would be great if we could show this to people at the connection tour and put this up in video game stores etc.

Alzi

Smash Master
Nice Poster.

That is a good idea of advertising it at places and so on. Just theres only one thing wrong with that poster and that is that toon link needs to be more visible lol.
Once we have a date that should go on that poster aswell.

Also Vlade you are right on how i play the game properly online Jono plays it properly aswell online while others spam alittle and it's hard to get past it all. Although i'm probally more use to online then offline since all i ever do is play online in my spare time.

Also Jupz i can have a few games online now if you'd like?

Meanwhile i will be making two new avatars one for Richard since i feel as i could make him a better one and one for me because it looks like i am in love with toon link.

Jupz

Smash Master
Alzi, not now but later tonight if you'd like :)

Also, where is the Dedede in that picture? A dedede will obviously attract more viewers eyes to the pictures therefore more people joining the scene :p plus, we get to look at a dedede while handing them out :)

Lol, its a cool pic man, I love it. The characters on the outside look sweet. Thanks vyse and vlade :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
No problemo Perthites!

This poster is like the 3rd version of it lol. It's influence is spreading around Australia!

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Hey guys just got back from Coral Bay ALIVE and had a quick read through of the last 4 days events_

Vlade_ Thank you for your positive comments about me, it's always nice to be appreciated_ To answer your question, i won the toblerone ;) _

In regards to the upcoming Smashfest i have proposed_ I won't be able to organize anything until after July6th as i start my course then_ I would love to still hold a Smashfest rather than a tournament to allow people time to practice, play friendlies and experience everyone else in the scene as tournaments can be fairly limited_

Also by that stage i should have my shiny new macbook ready to record matches alongside Vlade, so recordings should become a reality once again in future events_

I have no worries about an increased entry fee, but believe it should be altered to become more appropriate after we gain access to a permanent venue (preferably in Perth)_ I have no qualms with getting anywhere early to get things prepared and organized_

As for the leader boards, i would like to start it officially at our next July tournament on the hopes that more people will be able to attend or are drawn to the scene with the upcoming Smashfest_ At the moment, posting tournament results has sufficed, but our scene and location has been too unstable to offically create a ranking list for the Perth scene_ With a more appropriate location and stable tournament dates it should prove much more viable to create_

NOTE: Printing out some posters for the Rockingham game stores_ Everyone who can, should get this poster distributed in their locations_ Big thanks to Vyse for creating this and Vlade for posting it_

Alzi

Smash Master
Sorry Jupz i just had a shower and i don't brawl after i have a shower. :p I will vs you maybe saturday.

Oh and bad news i probally won't be able to make it to the tourney since my dad flys to sydney during the holidays somewhere on the 14th i think and Jono is going away on holiday aswell and i can't make it to joondalup.

Jupz

Smash Master
You could always catch the train Alzi :p

I can't wifi on the weekends due to my USB connector not working at my dads vista CPU :(

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
One thing missing from the poster
"- Get owned by Sam"

So yeah I was originally going to get some of those posters up in Rocko but seems Bob has beaten me to it, oh well my bro sells games at caning vale markets so I'll get him to put a few up on his stall, and I do agree once our next venue/date is confirmed then we should add it to the poster. I'll also see if I can get a few up around cockburn, and freo area since I'm around there alot.

Vlade

Social Outcast
One thing missing from the poster
"- Get owned by Sam"
I was thinking about putting this in but decided that it would scare away newcomers :D

Alzi it isn't hard to get public transport but then again it gets dark at about 6 - I always try and avoid taking public transport in the dark. Can't your mum take you?

Anyway it's great to hear that people have already planned where to put up these posters - the more we can expand the perth scene, the better.

EDIT: I was thinking about having Objection! 3 on the 5th July. Is that cool with everyone? I know Supanova is on that weekend but it goes for 3 days, which means you can just go on friday/saturday and then come to the tournament :)

If it's not cool with everyone then I'll check out my calendar and find another day (probably the sunday before).

EDIT2: Woot! Halfway from becoming a Smash Master! (2500 posts)

Richard7

Smash Ace
EDIT: I was thinking about having Objection! 3 on the 5th July. Is that cool with everyone? I know Supanova is on that weekend but it goes for 3 days, which means you can just go on friday/saturday and then come to the tournament :)

If it's not cool with everyone then I'll check out my calendar and find another day (probably the sunday before).
The connection tour is also on the 4th and 6th lol. So many events, so little time. :psycho:

Vlade

Social Outcast
^ completely forgot that the connection tour was on the same week.

But I just realised I don't have a soccer match on the 12th July, which means A FULL DAY for the tournament/friendlies/other games. If I had it on the 5th we would've only got half a day.

What do you guys think?

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Vlade you know i'm always up for full day tournaments_ Lately, having half day tournaments has really put a thorn in my side because we lose out on having some great side events (always voting for crew battles and doubles)_

If anyone has any issues traveling on the train after dark then let me know and i can travel with you on the train line_ I understand that for some people their ages give them fairly limited time frames and travel options so being the father figure of our scene (lol *tears*) i'm more than happy to chat to anyones parents and/ or keep them safe on our beloved public transport system_ Just keep in mind i will always be at any tournament/ event from start till finish_

Jupz

Smash Master
WOOT!!! I can make it if its on 5th july!!!! w00t this is so awesome!!! :D w00t
lol i thought i wouldnt be able to make it cause im going on the 6th :p
now i can enter the rankings ;)

Alzi

Smash Master
My dad flys to sydney on the 14th of July it think so 12th of July sounds good although 5th there is the connection tour which i will be going to since it's based on wii sports resort not pokemon.

And my Mum can't drive Vlade :p

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
i might come to vlade's tourney. but i'll be alone... therefor i am not coming. My bro might want to come again anyways therefor i will come.

@alzi I'm willing to make MMs with you. up to 50$

Jupz

Smash Master
wat?????????? oh wait i didn't read that part :(

my hopes were raised and dashed in an instant :(
i guess if everyone wants to have an extra few hours itll be on the 12th lol :( but if no-one really cares, hopefully vlade could keep it on the 5th :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
But if I do it on the 12th we can have a full day of brawling - On the 5th we'll have about 6 hours or something plus there's the connection tour and supanova on that day :/

Muzga

Smash Ace
But if I do it on the 12th we can have a full day of brawling - On the 5th we'll have about 6 hours or something plus there's the connection tour and supanova on that day :/
Full day is optimal. ill see if i can get a few of my friends to come. theres this guy ive been playing against now and then. hes still relatively inexperienced but hes pretty cool. ill see if i can bring him along

Vlade

Social Outcast
Sounds good.

I plan the schedule to be something like this:

9:00am - Freeplay and registration
10:00am - Doubles
12:00pm - Lunch break, if we finish doubles before this just play friendlies. You may also play in this lunch break if you do not wish to eat >_>
12:30pm - Singles
5:00pm? - Finish Singles and play friendlies and other games :)
6:00 or 6:30 - gtfo

Of course this is all subject to change depending on how many people are attending - is the start time too early for people coming down from rockingham?

Synnic

Smash Rookie
Mmmm looooong time since I last checked these forums, bookmarked at page 89, now it's all the way up to 231. My disappearance aside, since it's finally uni holidays and all, I figured I'd check out how the Perth smash scene is going; much to my delight I see Vlade hosting a potential Sunday tournament?

One of the main reasons why I had disappeared was because I had to work on Saturday nights (and some other reasons...) so I could never make them. In any case, regardless of 5th or 12th, I may drop in again for some fun matches and the chance to catch up with some of the old and meet some of the new Perth smash people.

If no one remembers me (wouldn't be surprised) it's Eric here. :laugh:

Jupz

Smash Master
Hi, I don't know you but I recently joined the scene :p Hopefully see you at the next tourney

Lol im going on holiday on the 6th. guess i cant make it lol

Muzga

Smash Ace
Mmmm looooong time since I last checked these forums, bookmarked at page 89, now it's all the way up to 231. My disappearance aside, since it's finally uni holidays and all, I figured I'd check out how the Perth smash scene is going; much to my delight I see Vlade hosting a potential Sunday tournament?

One of the main reasons why I had disappeared was because I had to work on Saturday nights (and some other reasons...) so I could never make them. In any case, regardless of 5th or 12th, I may drop in again for some fun matches and the chance to catch up with some of the old and meet some of the new Perth smash people.

If no one remembers me (wouldn't be surprised) it's Eric here. :laugh:
Sweet as! Missed having you on the scene eric!
Good to see you back on here

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
@Vlade - Well I live in Kwinana, and I can make it by 9, I don't think there's any real issues unless people come from Mandurah or something.
@Andre - If you want a MM with him try using big letters

Oh and Sundays ftw, I can get Dean down and wont have to team with Josh *jumps in the air and poses*

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Andre if you want a MM from him try typing "liek dis" no grammar seems to be his native tongue.

The full day tournament sounds like greast fun Vlade :)

And hi Eric I'm Travis, hope to see you at Vlades tournament.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Eric good to see you alive and well_ It would be great to see some old faces back on the scene along with our fresh ones_

Vlade time is nothing for me so 9 is perfect_ Ideally don't have a 'lunch break' as such because people will probably be buying food in between matches etc_ Wastes time better spent on brawling_ I propose a crew battle as a tournament finale, given time and active participants_ Hopefully should have some more people from south of the river then_

Handing out posters and mini pamphlets on the weekend to all the active gaming stores in the Rockingham locale_ Already sparked an interest in someone i was talking to earlier today, who was unaware about an active Perth smash scene_ So if you haven't already, start getting those posters out A.S.A.P to build participation for the next upcoming tournament_

Hoping that once i begin my course i may be able to access a more suitable Perth location for upcoming tournaments/ smashfests_

Were does Elton get all his money from anyways_

Top Bottom