• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Jupz

Smash Master
Woah nice Bob. I'll try to get some out myself.
Also, next tourney I go to I'd like to MM elton again. any amount of money up to 50 bucks lol

Vlade

Social Outcast
I think you're right, screw the lunch break.

I suggest that the top 10 placers in brawl singles participate in a 5v5 crew battle at the end (1st and 2nd place are captains, team 1 is 1,3,5,7,9... you get the picture).

But we'll only do crews if we finish brawl singles with 1.5 hours left otherwise we won't get it finished in time.

Alzi

Smash Master
Vlade that is a good idea about the crew battles. Although i won't have a doubles partner at the tourney so i'll just play friendlies during that time or watch if people need to use the T.V for their matches.

I will also spread the word around at mywii and a-n about this tourney so more people come.

Alzi

Smash Master
If your a real man Money Match sam while using Captain Falcon. Then we will how good your moves really are.

Alzi

Smash Master
I think we can get 31 + Vlade if we advertise it on other forums. This tourney isn't going to be as good for me since my main doubles partner will not be here and we have everything planned out and know what to do. :(

Jupz

Smash Master
Lol don't worry Vlade. :( I just love seeing the results :)

Maybe I should start hosting tourneys of my own :p My dad said it might be alright. Problem is we have a tiny house. Anyway, its something not to think about until the end of my trip :p

Hopefully Randomness_FTW comes to the tourney so you guys can meet him. I'll pm him sometime if you want.

Also Alzi as talented as you are I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a partner :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you're free and Niv's not there, I'll team with ya. Dual giant fire breathing lizards! How can we not lose?

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Trav I'm really not sure, I'm not sure who out of my friends are attending this one. Personally if I had the choice of you and Josh, I'd be passing him onto some other poor sap ^_^, but I think Dean is coming to the next one and wants to try partnering. Guess once I get confirmation from him I'll know.

Edit: Read Trav's post and seems it's all sorted yay

Jupz

Smash Master
Dam, I miss meeting all the new people.

Turns out I have a party starting at 5pm sunday 5th so even if it was then I'd have to leave before crew battles.

Yeah trav ill hopefully be able to make it to the next tourney so we can partner again :( i miss our team. i loved how we'd go bowser and dedede then on their counterpick EG norfair which is teribble for those two we'd rip out MK and G&W lol which are good at that stage :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
i loved how we'd go bowser and dedede then on their counterpick EG norfair which is teribble for those two we'd rip out MK and G&W lol which are good at that stage :p
Wait was that against me and Josh? I seem to remember to versing you and Trav on Norfair when you were using Bowser and DDD, and Josh suicides as Lucas *sighs* lol

Jikko

Smash Rookie
I had heaps of fun at Bob's last tourney but i won't be able to make it to the tourney this holidays, hopwfully i can come with Jupz to atourney next holidays

Richard7

Smash Ace
Inconsistent comptuer usage ftl, I'm posting this from our PS3 lol, having no computer really sucks lol.

Well i got a thrashing from Sam recently with further makes me want to only focus on trying to come 2nd in tournaments like I have been focusing on for the past 2 or 3 tournaments or so. I haven't been the best these days so I might not even go to the next tournament. I know I've been saying that for months, but I've been so pissed off at so many things recently.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah, I remember trying to inhale your fully charged shieldbreaker when it was just me and you left on smashville as I was falling off the edge lol. I decided it was worth a risk because i was on like 140 and you were on like 10 lol, and some wierd stuff can happen with inhale :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
Bob just realised that you're going to have to log into Riot_Fires every time you want to edit the OP of the Perth Tourney Listings thread >_>

EDIT: Okay, I've put up the official post, Mic feel free to delete the post for Objection 2

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
HECK YEAH NEW TOURNEY!
Anyway I'll get there early to help setup, I'll also see if I can bring a tv, depends how Im getting there though. Not really fond of carrying one on a train :p But I'll have my Wii and awful copy of brawl ^_^;

So far me, Josh and Dean will be going, I'll try to get more if possible.

Vlade tournament rules said:
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
Yay Ness is usable =D

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Cool, count me and 2 mates in, I'll be there at 9 to help setting up.

Marty can you bring your stuff to set up homebrew again pleeeease, and i hope we dont have to spend 15 mins with your brawl disc like last time :laugh:

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Marty can you bring your stuff to set up homebrew again pleeeease, and i hope we dont have to spend 15 mins with your brawl disc like last time :laugh:
Better not last second cancel homebrew plans again :p. But nah this time we know how to load it, or Ill just get Josh/Dean to bring their

Richard7

Smash Ace
Hey Marteh, I think I just figured out why it takes so long to read brawl. It must be your Wii's laser. I'm pretty sure the reason why it takes so long to read a disc is because brawl is a dual layered disc. That must be why it doesn't happen with any other game. Get your Wii's laser repaired. :chuckle:

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
It was funny how we finally got it to load and then the power cut out like 10 seconds after it started working. Crushingly heartbreaking but funny.

My mates are Fish and E-man, Oh and I'll be bringing a Wii+Brawl of course.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
It's actually weird Ric. Alot of people did suggest that, but when I first got Brawl it worked fine. And any other copy of Brawl works fine. But my copy just hates loading, like the part of the disc that loads it is majorly corrupt, everything else works fine. *shrugs*

Top Bottom