• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Tell me about it, I do it to my older sis all the time. I just feel like telling them to get screwed lol

Oh and the other thing about yugioh, he always won it with dark magician..A card with 2500 atk...Wtf lol

Muzga

Smash Ace
if you dont mind me asking, why the changes in the stages available vlade?
I dont have any *problem* with the change, but what sorts of problems did those stages have? what made it a necessity to remove them?

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
I have 2 yu-gi-oh decks. good one has heaps good cards (As everyone says). only will mention two: 5 headed dragon x 2

hope it won't look to nerdy. but more funny hopefully. Anyone want to yu-go-oh mm? at vlade's haha? If that's alright?

Edit: when we play. I will not allow filming haha. Only will play old school yu-gi-oh rules with no card banning. NOOB! also has cards. 2 on2 anyone?

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Vlade, can't come.
I'm leaving for America on the 10th and won't be back til 25th. :(
Ah well. Hopefully Bob will have one soon after.
I'm determined to actually give your Falco a challange so look out. :p
Sheik training has commenced.
I'm gonna be in that 3rd place spot soon.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Sorry Vlade, can't come.
I'm leaving for America on the 10th and won't be back til 25th. :(
Ah well. Hopefully Bob will have one soon after.
I'm determined to actually give your Falco a challange so look out. :p
Sheik training has commenced.
I'm gonna be in that 3rd place spot soon.
America hey? Be careful while you're there, its not a nice place (no offense to anyone that is American).

Getting 3rd place with Sheik is gonna be pretty hard, he's a pretty bad character. :lick:

Vlade

Social Outcast
I made the changes because I feel that the stages I removed were very unfair (Luigi's Mansion - camping, got rid of a lot of stages that DDD can easily 0-death on, etc). Other stages that I deem unfair would also include Port Town Aero Drive, Onett (Insanely easy wall infinites here), and others.

I only DDD banned 2 stages, Castle Siege and Green Greens. It's so easy to get a wall infinite on Green Greens it's not funny (but it's a good counterpick for some characters that aren't DDD) and its very possible to chaingrab them off the screen on Siege. Pictochat, PS1, Delfino and RC are not DDD banned because it is more difficult to get the wall infinite/off-screen chaingrab.

If you have a problem with a stage, just ban it. But remember to use your ban wisely.

Alzi

Smash Master
Vlade i'm coming and you said there will be recording right?

I hope i can get some of my matches recorded. Oh now i see why Ghnasch is going America for. He's going there to train his brawl skills then when he comes back he will be pack louded with mind games. He might pay a visit to Ninja Link and he will teach him how to become a more powerful diddy player.

If 31 people come again recording might be hard though o_o it was like packed with people.

Yup thats how i see it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I love how in the show he is about to lose and needs this one specific card and somehow everytime with wishful thinking he managesto get it.
It's not wishful thinking, it's THE HEART OF THE CARDS!

though speaking of card games, I miss playing the pokemon TCG :urg:

Jupz

Smash Master
hmm... imo castle seige shouldnt be banned. its impossible to force someone to come down from the platforms with DDD.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Vlade i can bring a wii definately and a tv possibly.. Graham should be coming ill double check with him once i finish moving house..

Personally i dislike the change to luigis mansion as not too many people played it OR used it for campy reasons.. As a counterpick its fine.. Same deal with green green and castle siege being counterpicks as they are fine.. If you have any issues with DDD then place a DDD ban on green green and consider Castle Siege.. I just feel its pretty unneccesary to ban 2 perfectly fine and hardly used stages which can easily be stage banned by someone who is concerned.. I dont feel people in the Perth scene are playing like desperate cheats and if they do i will mock them accordingly..!

Elton thanks for your post.. I apologise if i came across too harshly as my mind is elsewhere and between moving houses, work and life my mind has lost itself a little.. Its good your actually coming to Vlades so put your money where your mouth is ;)

Alzi i kinda agree with you about the textures.. Character textures i dont mind but stage textures kinda do my head in.. Laugh all you want but its true and i guess some peopole just cant concentrate as hard or as easily with stage textures.. Either way i wont be recommending Mic remove any of them or his wii not be used cause things can be worked around and i wouldnt like it if someone told me how to setup my wii.. Besides who dosnt love captain ronald mcdonald..

BLAH..!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
captain ronald mcdonald.
That reminds me I need to get him back in. Last tournament I messed up and either Captain Batman or Captain Obama replaced it by accident.

Which reminds me, I've really got space for only one of those, which do you guys think should stay?

I agree though with stages being banned without really being used badly. Luigi's Mantion's been used a few times actually by people (I think me and Andre used it in teams?) and it wasn't used to camp. It's not anywhere as bad as Hyrule *shudder*

Castle Siege (has anyone actually used it?) was up for debate about being a starter stage, so I really can't see anything banworthy about it.

Alzi

Smash Master
I never realised any stage textures at the tourney. 0_0

I only noticed the characters. Mic do you have fierce diety toon link as a texture on your wii? If you do what colour do i need to choose to be it.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Alzi I'll probably only record finals or something.

Anyway as for Castle Siege and Green Greens, they were always CP stages and DDD banned, so don't worry ;)

Vlade

Social Outcast
So does everyone want luigi's mansion back?

I think bob is being bias as an olimar player ;) But I'll put it back in because I feel bad about taking olimar to Frigate Orpheon as Metaknight :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I agree with whats seeing said about texture hacks during tournaments. Character textures are fine, but stage textures can be confusing.
I've gotten one or two more stage textures to show off, but I'll bring my laptop along so I can remove them. They shouldn't be as distracting as FD was, but still...

Mic do you have fierce diety toon link as a texture on your wii? If you do what colour do i need to choose to be it.
Just downloaded it now, not sure what colour I'll put it as yet. Incidentally, you'll love the red costume for TL ;)

Bowser, I've gotten the grey bowser, but I can't get the blue one, it's hosted on fileFactory and it's servers seem to be constantly full :/

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
hey Mic. My friend NOOB! played ranga lucas Aka Claus on your wii and he had black clothes and glasses. Keep that plz!! i want to save a replay playing on your wii. cheers!

Vlade

Social Outcast
^ If you save a replay then try to watch it on your wii, you won't see the texture.

@ Lord Bowser: Cbf making a 100x100 avatar lol. I'll get round to it someday ;)

Alzi

Smash Master
I love the outset island toon link texture. It's so good.
If you get that i won't mind at all about textures anymore. :laugh:

The only toon link that didn't have a texture on your wii Mic was the toon link colour that i use which was the NES version. So suprise me at the tourney.

The zelda texture hack that looked like a shiek that confused me so much while i was vsing bacon lol. I kept thinking it was going to throw needles at me. Oh vlade i'll make you a avatar! you don't have to give credit though since your awsome.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
^ If you save a replay then try to watch it on your wii, you won't see the texture.
At best. I think if you try and watch a textured replay on a non-textured Wii it crashes. Might be wrong though.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
Rabbit

At best. I think if you try and watch a textured replay on a non-textured Wii it crashes. Might be wrong though.
i'll try it. really i want some kool pics for my ranga lucas aKa claus vid. the body guard suit texture was awsome. NOOB! got to use it. do pics still have the texture?:confused:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Snapshots are just picture files, so if you take a snapshot with textures, remove the textures they still stay.

And Agent J lucas'll be there still.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
On the topic of texture's I reqeust Jack (Harvest Moon) Ness texture, if worse comes to worse I can send you the file because Im to lazy to find the link again.

As for all the counter picks and that, meh doesn't bother me. But I say unban weegee's mansion.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Spoke with the guy who owns the Gaametraders in the city about a posible sponcership for making a large state wide tourney and he was really into it, even offering prizes or posters and stuff. Seemed rather pleased that we even had a potential venue (I told him we did one at Joondalup arena) He said if we can work out the details of what and where and when, let him know and we can get some advertisments up in-store and such.

Alzi

Smash Master
This is good Mic. I saw gametraders whitfords have a mini street fighter 4 tourney before. They don't really seem intrested in brawl but the city is a good place since it will be even amount of time for all of us to get there no one will be far or close.

Also vlade we having singles or doubles tourney?

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Alan just in case you smashed it up too hard last night that is bad lol. @Vlade: I DEMAND DOUBLES

Vlade

Social Outcast
Spoke with the guy who owns the Gaametraders in the city about a posible sponcership for making a large state wide tourney and he was really into it, even offering prizes or posters and stuff. Seemed rather pleased that we even had a potential venue (I told him we did one at Joondalup arena) He said if we can work out the details of what and where and when, let him know and we can get some advertisments up in-store and such.
Sounds excellent. The more people the better. If you need me to do anything just ask ;)

But yeah, bigger prizes and advertising would definitely attract more people, and would perhaps encourage people from the East to attend.

Top Bottom