• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I think doubles only wouldn't take up enough time, aka last one only took around an hour (but then it was only 7 competitors), plus I feel it'd attract less of a crowd due to those who like singles more, I think doubles works better as an after event.

Oh and I might be able to get some friends to come, just to prove I have normal friends unlike Josh

Vlade

Social Outcast
^ That's very kind of you, lol.

I'd agree with you about doubles. To be honest, if I had a full day for a tournament I would probably start with doubles, then finish with an epic singles finals.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
cbf going. soz vlade. maybe next time. If swordsaints go i'll definite come to your future tournies. since i gehss he is not coming to this one. and when i come that's an extra TV to. soz peeps.
enjoy:
www.youtube.com/

check out my snake brawl vid. sub , commetn and rate. say whiyou are from smashboards too

@marteh : josh as in vlade's friend. ROFL. marteh. I'm looking forward to using my IC against you in a tourney game.

Alzi

Smash Master
That is a bad bad combo video lol.

Doubles only tourney sounds awsome then at the end we could have like crew battles or just some friendlies in singles?

I don't mind either way tourney is a tourney and it's going to be awsome.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
cbf going. soz vlade. maybe next time. If swordsaints go i'll definite come to your future tournies. since i gehss he is not coming to this one. and when i come that's an extra TV to. soz peeps.
enjoy:
www.youtube.com/

check out my snake brawl vid. sub , commetn and rate. say whiyou are from smashboards too

@marteh : josh as in vlade's friend. ROFL. marteh. I'm looking forward to using my IC against you in a tourney game.
Honestly you talk alot of smack for someone who cant be bothered (oh im sorry 'f.ucked' in your words) coming to a tourney to not only compete in, but actively participate in the perth smash scene.. Not only that i have seen you irl and am pretty sure that that mouth wil get you into bigger trouble if it expands beyond the comforts of your computer chair.. Your arrogance is starting to bore me as well as your videos.. And yet you ask people to make positive comments on your skills /sigh.. Personally im glad your not coming to Vlades tournament..

Vlade doubles would be great but i completely understand the time frame.. If there becomes a chance to run doubles, i would suggest it as an opener followed by singles as this tends to loosen up people alot more and get them better prepared for the battles ahead.. Also who can deny the epicness of doubles..?! Still would love to see a 31 person crew battle.. Might be worth switching the doubles thing up with crew battles every now and then.. Just an afterthought..

BLAH..!

Vlade

Social Outcast
Haha, a 31 person crew battle sounds wicked. If we have 5 TV's and like 20 people, then there's a chance of doubles I suppose. We'll have to see the number of people that come because there's a chance that there won't be many due to school/exams coming up, etc.

And yes, bob is completely right. We don't care if you 'cbf' coming to my tournament, just say you don't want to come - no need to be so arrogant about it. If you placed top 4 then maybe I'd respect you a little more for the smack you're talking. And no I'm not angry because you aren't coming to my tournament, I'm just annoyed about the fact that you talk yourself up, then say you cbf going to my tourney - way to back your words.

I stopped watching the vid as soon as I saw the quality... eww :/

Alright, I have 2 offers I'd like to propose for my tournament, A & B.

A: Brawl Singles, with the possibility of doubles
B: Brawl doubles + crew battles.

Personally I prefer A, but anyway - let me hear your preferences.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
@Vlade

Personally I prefer A, but I have an odd feeling that B will have a good fan following, and hey majority rules right, either way...Meh lol

Edit:
@People, if anyone knows any good texture sites apart from Kitty Corp and Stack Smash, letting me know would be peachy ^_^ lol

Richard7

Smash Ace
For the characters who suffer from it it makes it virtually impossible to beat Dedede and sucks the fun out of it, and really the only reason we all play this game is for fun.
Alister, Sam and I play to win. :laugh: Dunno about everyone else.

Well I could play better if I REALLY wanted to win, by learning MK/Snake/Falco or something or by playing in a lame way, but yeah.

Vlade

Social Outcast
^ Yep. I play for fun, but I enjoy winning A LOT. Even if it means using Metaknight (who is a fun character to me anyway).

I guess I don't take it to the extremes though (planking). But I can and will play gay if I have to.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Honestly you talk alot of smack for someone who cant be bothered (oh im sorry 'f.ucked' in your words) coming to a tourney to not only compete in, but actively participate in the perth smash scene.. Not only that i have seen you irl and am pretty sure that that mouth wil get you into bigger trouble if it expands beyond the comforts of your computer chair.. Your arrogance is starting to bore me as well as your videos.. And yet you ask people to make positive comments on your skills /sigh.. Personally im glad your not coming to Vlades tournament..

Vlade doubles would be great but i completely understand the time frame.. If there becomes a chance to run doubles, i would suggest it as an opener followed by singles as this tends to loosen up people alot more and get them better prepared for the battles ahead.. Also who can deny the epicness of doubles..?! Still would love to see a 31 person crew battle.. Might be worth switching the doubles thing up with crew battles every now and then.. Just an afterthought..

BLAH..!
U just ripped his *** off! But true, Elton, personally, I dont like you. You cant spell properly, you dont know what a full stop is and when or where to use it and you constantly talk yourself up everywhere even though your smash game is very spammy. You could at least give a direct link to your video. And seriously, how do you know that you cbf coming to Vlades tourney when its like a month away.

EDITSKE: I prefer doubles a.k.a B to you Alister but right now I am announcing my resignation from competitive smash. Ill still come to all the tournies I can except I wont be playing to win. Ill be playing to have fun.. with captain falcon.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Marteh I'm not updated to 4.0 thankfully, it says I have Version 3.3E (I don't know if the E has any relevance) Is that all you need to know? Also I'm buying a SD card this weekend, what type does it have to be for the Wii? Once again thanks for the help you're a legend. :)

In regards to Elton if he doesn;t want to come thats his problemm the only upside to him coming would be us taking money off him. I haven't talked to you irl but you seem like a real ********. Tone it down and grow up.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Marteh I'm not updated to 4.0 thankfully, it says I have Version 3.3E (I don't know if the E has any relevance) Is that all you need to know? Also I'm buying a SD card this weekend, what type does it have to be for the Wii? Once again thanks for the help you're a legend. :)
The E only means what region your wii is, aka Europe. As for the SD card just make sure you have a standard sized SD card which doesn't exceed 2gb or the Wii won't read it, and make sure it's not SDHC, a SanDisk one works fine (Product placement =D).

Alzi

Smash Master
I find texture hacks very :/ during actual tourney matches i don't mind them in friendlies though. Since i get really confused and the awsome the texture hack i look at it too much and it affects my play lol.

Guys i think we are being to harsh to elton he might post weird on forums but in real life he looked like a nice person. I didn't really talk to him at the tourney but he did call me to play some ffa's.

I think i need to talk to more people at the tourney i was too quite lol. I didn't talk to no one only richard talked to be for a bit riot just introduced himself before jono and i even entered the tourney room which was nice of him to do. =D Maybe if i come to more tourneys i'll be able to communicate more with you people.

As i randomlly scroll up and see richards post i look at his location:

I'm coming to your house to play some brawl lol.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
I play to win too: ric and sam. mywii.com.au play to win. Jono! stop rage quitting. i lost when you and alzi was on 2 lifes sometimes ( don't ask why or else...) i didn't no contest. I jsut sat back and play my key board... ( :

Hey jupz. It's alright if you didn't post it yet.
I may come to the tourney after talking to alzi and ric on msn.

soz about the cbf part. Just feeling bored of brawl sometimes, then it comes fun, then boring, then fun etc.
I'd prob just come with noob! possibly others.

@Marteh - tell him to download winrar incase! cause i spent so much ********************* time. I 'm not goign to explain... Was very annoying

@jono! again and alzi- looking forward for some 2 on 2s you two verse me and NOOB!. Show us some "COMBO TIME" love that.

I shall town it down and grow up. ,,!!, online personality here. Talk to me on www.my.... nvm lolz

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I find texture hacks very :/ during actual tourney matches i don't mind them in friendlies though. Since i get really confused and the awsome the texture hack i look at it too much and it affects my play lol.

Well the more you play and get used to it...though I'm removing that FD texture, while cool it is a bit distracting. (Maybe I should get that Sparta FD texture instead...lol ;))

I'll grab those two Bowser.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
MIc! plz get the sparta one. i would love to test it if thats alright with you if i go to vlade's tourney. cheers.

edit: but on FD? there is no hole... ganondorf fight ff? anyone? on this stage 4 way.

Jupz

Smash Master
The second bowser one is too good, i've seen ninjalink use it on youtube. as for the DDD thing - ehh i don't really care i won't complain either way but if Lord Bowser is brave enough to stick bowser against a DDD i won't do the infinite :p

Wait im not coming to the tourney :( sad face :(

I was only playing for fun though I did choose MK against richard :p I guess I got a little desperate there.... But he was MK as well and MK dittos are fun so eh :) I had to switch to the dark side, right when Dedede needed me :( although i must admit the first match DDD vs ur ROB was so intense. nice stage spike to end it :p I wish it got recorded.

I might try Andre's tactic of listening to music in the later stages of the tourney :) ill see if it helps :p

it was nice going to a smaller tourney for a change. everyone was very nice and friendly there, i had heaps of fun and it was very relaxing. your a great tourney host Bob :)

Vlade

Social Outcast
Listening to music can help some, but can hinder others.

For example, Andre just finds it a lot easier to concentrate on one thing when he has music pulsing into his head. It's just how his brain works.

I, on the other hand, finds that music distracts me from my current task even though I'm a bit of a music junkie (not as much as andre though) - I don't listen to it when I'm studying/doing homework, etc. I also rely on in-game sounds for my way of thinking when I play the game.

So yeah, try it out and see if it works. Like I said, it will work for some and it won't work for others.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Yeah I tried listening to music in a friendly and it didn't work for me, I focus way to much on the sounds of the game to play as well, hearing is seeing for me.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
me and glenn coming, i can bring a tv and wii.....what time should i get there, normal time or should i come earlier cos of the tv and wii?

g0tmilK?

Smash Rookie
Honestly you talk alot of smack for someone who cant be bothered (oh im sorry 'f.ucked' in your words) coming to a tourney to not only compete in, but actively participate in the perth smash scene.. Not only that i have seen you irl and am pretty sure that that mouth wil get you into bigger trouble if it expands beyond the comforts of your computer chair.. Your arrogance is starting to bore me as well as your videos.. And yet you ask people to make positive comments on your skills /sigh.. Personally im glad your not coming to Vlades tournament.
Anyone who can c-walk like him should not be talked to like that! I viewed his youtube vids, lol, his got some pretty good moves.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I tried listening to music in a friendly and it didn't work for me, I focus way to much on the sounds of the game to play as well, hearing is seeing for me.
When you play Pit.

Listen to "I believe I can fly" It may help or not help as Vlade said.:chuckle::lick:

EDIT: I don't get bothered HERE ( :

C-walk battle anyone?

Muzga

Smash Ace
It's different to what it sounds like at first. Listening to music doesn't enhance my playstyle or change the way i play the game. For me the music just drowns out my surroundings, it helps me pay attention to the game instead of the generalnoise level of the tournament. you could say by drowning everything out it effectively gets rid of all of my distractions and allows me to focus on one thing

Edit: I feel like some more singles action. I'd rather not hinder vlade:p He plays to win

Alzi

Smash Master
While i play my brawls from now on i think about somthing thats special too me atm and it works really well. It's my little secret hehehe.

Mic i don't really care about the textures really just find it annoying how i look at them too much and forget about the brawl lol. As i said i don't mind if you still keep them since i don't really care if i win or loose. But in Doubles thats a diffrent story since i'm playing with a team mate and have to have his motivation.

Vlade

Social Outcast
me and glenn coming, i can bring a tv and wii.....what time should i get there, normal time or should i come earlier cos of the tv and wii?
Just come normal time.

It's fantastic you can bring a wii + tv setup, I really appreciate it. We so far have 4 TVs - let's aim higher if possible.

EDIT:

Bob, is Graham coming? And are you bringing a wii?

Recording equipment would also be good, because I am hiring 2 main TV's this time and I'll be bringing mine.

EDIT2:

Be sure to check my new stagelist. I have gotten rid of Luigi's Mansion and some other stages as well.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Bleh looks like I might not be able to go with friends cause they might have a yugioh tourney...As for me, screw that Im brawling! lol See what happens though.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Sweet, I'll add you to the list.

@ Marteh: Never knew that people still played yugioh...?
Tell me about it dude, you should see me when Josh starts talking about it, the trick is to say "Ah okay" every 30 seconds and he wont notice lol. But yeah apparently its still popular.

YOU WALKED RIGHT INTO MY TRAP CARD!

Vlade

Social Outcast
Haha, I have a lot of friends who talk about stuff I'm not particularly interested in - so I have gotten used to the 'ah okay every 30 seconds' procedure :p It gets tiring after a while though lol

Top Bottom