• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
see- this is why i tell you guys to let me know what date works
If you just say "oh, any date will do."
then i will pick a date and it may not work for the few people still interested who check these forums.
So when are you people available?
It's going to be near impossible to get everyone free on the same day. Frustrating as it is, when people say "any day will do" they're still making plans with other people at the same time. With work alone I've swapped shifts with people about 5 times in the last week...

I.E. Choose a day that suits you, and you try get as many people as you can. If you can't get enough people to satisfy what you want to accomplish, pick a different date.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Bats are overpowered in EVERY game. Brawl. Touhou. Arcana Heart.

Just live with.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
So guys there's this character in the game, and he's the best and I believe because of it that he should be banned, despite in every tournament I've played in the MK main doesn't win..

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
I also wanted to start a discussion on why Meta Knight should be banned

Thoughts?
Nope. Dumb.
For what shreds of a scene we have left it would serve no purpose. Perth players (with the exception of samuel, but the fact he chose mk never made a difference to his perth placings anyway) aren't even utilising metaknight in such a way that remotely utilises mk's potential.
If you're asking about our opinion of banning MK in the U.S scene,
a) We lack the experience the top american players have and most of us likely aren't following the current U.S trends, and even if we were, we dont have the same scene the US has. I would argue that in the case of the US we have a limited context and can't really speak for them because we dont have the full picture.
b) Herp derp silly

In conclusion i beleive i am the only person in perth who would be truly disadvantaged by an mk ban, aside from that i would predict little to no difference in the tournament placings for members in our scene.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Brawl scene has kind of died has it? Apologies for not helping, but it never really impressed me as a game.

If the melee scene ever comes back I'll be raring to go. I even busted it out the other day, deleted some old GC data so I could save my progress and had some fun. Reminded me of the good ol' days.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
The Brawl scene has kind of died has it? Apologies for not helping, but it never really impressed me as a game.

If the melee scene ever comes back I'll be raring to go. I even busted it out the other day, deleted some old GC data so I could save my progress and had some fun. Reminded me of the good ol' days.
Revive the perth scene bringer, i want to see you and quetz

MTGod

Smash Champion
And while you're at it, check your FB events Bringer - Mic invited you to an event.

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice

I can play melee with you =)

:phone:

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'm up for melee meets as well after my semester 1 exams which will end in 5 weeks time. Would be good to play with you again Bringer, how long has it been since you've logged onto smashboards? :p

MTGod

Smash Champion
What's that Rick? I'm sorry, it seems like your words are bailing out last minute :p

Technodeath

Smash Champion
yeah.. well an unexpected $412 centrelink bill sort of ****ed me over.

was from a loan I got earlier this year and then I switched plan thingo so now I gotta pay the rest of what I hadn't paid back. fml

I knew I had to pay it back, just didn';t know when

MTGod

Smash Champion
So given that after Tuesday I will be free of many an obligation, I've been hankering for some smash. Anyone up for some late next week for nostalgic purpose?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hype got, Caldawg! When you get a date set let us know so we can show you round both our streets :p

And Splice, I'm so holding you to that bud :D I may be going to Melbourne at the end of the year for a social trip, and if I do I'm definitely gonna catch up with you guys whether you like it or not muahahahaha

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Similar boat, when I don't have uni I've got work for the next few weeks.

Top Bottom