• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
How dare Magic not be so magical... :p

SO WEDNESDAY GUYS LET'S GET **** HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who's in?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Just confirming with everyone, I've sorted out the strategy genre - It's going to be INSECTRON. (For those who know) we're not going to be using Staggies or Itsahorses because they're broken as ****, but the "Ring Out" element will still be kept through the Flutterbug. There's 10-11 insectors to make up your team of 5, and people can choose the same insectors.

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
im thinking of heading south of the river on wednesday to pay for my party speakers, so if theres something on its convenient for me

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Watched Bringer play some the other day. Looks good, though hard as.

MTGod

Smash Champion
So is anyone free on Sunday for some Smash? Tournament is only a week away and I'm determined not to SD ;)

Vlade

Social Outcast
Been reading the Perth Thread back in the old days from when I was hosting tournaments... those days were a blast! Didn't have to worry too much about my grades or anything and just lived life quite carefree. This year was kinda stupid for me, I didn't do too well at school (2 A's and 4 C's) compared to last year and it sorta feels like I've been fooling around too much. Last year I didn't really go out except for tournaments and smashfests and stuff but this year I've been getting out a lot more. I guess it's made life more fun but maybe TOO fun. The fact that Marvel vs Capcom 3 is coming out next year when I'm in year 12 is SO lame because to me it's going to be like brawl all over again in the sense that I'm learning a new game from it's beginning, and I really want to be able to practise it religiously :(

Let's hope I can live a more balanced life next year and not have too much fun hey. Heh you guys are probably reading this and thinking 'wtf is alister on, typing this all of a sudden?'

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh yes life Alister, the things you'll learn.. Personally, I place importance on life smarts, happiness, not academics or how much your making a year.. Its all very well that society wants us to commit in school and university to gain temporary knowledge, and use it to determine our place in the hierarchy of an annual salary, purchase a house, have kids and die. I think we all just blaze through life doing what we're taught to do, and we don't get to think for ourselves.. But balance is a hard thing to find, trying to maintain a string of A's whilst living is pretty hard.. Today my uni results were released, and it was the first time that I thought, wow, my life isn't actually determined by this, and I looked, and i got all distinctions somehow '?' I work my *** off first semester, achieve mediocrity and thats it.. But you'll find out what makes you happy! =0

Oh and J-dog, I may be very free on Sundee, I'll keep you posted

EDIT: Where will we be practicing on sunday?

11:11

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah I found my purpose in life just recently. Its to unlock and complete the hardest difficulty in Resonance of Fate.
Decide on a Uni course already >_<

Yeah I totally agree with you there Braddles, sometimes it's hard to not think that life is determined by money, which is a product of education in a sense. I want to study law in university mainly because a career in law is what brings home the money and I think it'd be more interesting than engineering/medicine and all that. I haven't found something I'm truly passionate about that will keep me going in the future. I envy someone like Andre who's found something he truly loves and can keep going with that and turn it into a career, that being music.

I'll be there at your house tomorrow Jesse provided my parents aren't lame :)

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
Yeh, he is a master musician indeed, just like the man himself, matthew bellamy! But if you can find something you truly love doing whilst earning the money it's definately a bonus..

I'm rly hanging out for some brawl time, and my Effing magic cards still haven't arrived either!

MTGod

Smash Champion
BY THE WAY PEOPLE: if anyone's going into the city or other shopping centres/areas frequented by gamers please get in contact with me so I can give you the poster to chuck up. I'm gonna chuck up some posters online as well to try and get people in, so if anyone has any suggestions of sites let me know ;)

Pete278

Smash Lord
Its easy enough to make money via stock and housing investments with a little starting capital regardless of your career, so you shouldn't really worry about the money from your career.

Plus, if you get enough from dividends later on, you can just quit your job and live off that.

MTGod

Smash Champion
If you arrange a time to get to Bull Creek Stn with the other train people, then I can pick you all up at once. Otherwise, people be walking from Canning Bridge ;) [seriously guys, it's like a kilometre...]

Top Bottom