• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Vlade

Social Outcast
Is that 2 in total or just 1?

EDIT: Done away with the DDD rule entirely. Castle Siege is still in the counterpick stage list but I have gotten rid of Green Greens.

Jupz

Smash Master
GG's alzi! Those were fun :) Did you have any tips for me?
Yay for the DDD rule :) lolz noone can ban all the stages DDD has walkoffs on now :p

Also naw green greens... it was worth the sacrifice tho

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
If it were me Jupz you could still have your Green Greens seeing i've never seen anyone pick it anyways, let alone have any qualms_ Also i'd like to comment about how impressive your latest DDD endevours are on the character forums_ Always great to see user feedback in positive ways, wish the Shiek forums where similar -_- All i can say is shame on you for trying to work around Olimar ;)

Looking forward to seeing Eric again_

Jupz

Smash Master
Thanks Bob lol, the thread started when I desperately needed help but I wanted to make a whole thread just about tornado... I decided to discuss all sorts of moves after seeing the Pit boards topic :p

Go here for a truly amazing topic ;)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237492

Also yeah I hate olimar :( It just seems so hopeless lol, thats why I wanted to verse yours :)

Also, the shiek boards have an amazing guide ;) Second best on the site IMO (after Pikachu one).

I'm in the process of writing up parts of a DDD guide, I'll probably get started fully when I get back from holiday :)

Can't wait for the results of Vlade's tourney, and I can't wait until I get to go to another one :)

Alzi

Smash Master
GG's alzi! Those were fun :) Did you have any tips for me?
Yay for the DDD rule :) lolz noone can ban all the stages DDD has walkoffs on now :p

Also naw green greens... it was worth the sacrifice tho
Sorry i had to go and do this work safe certificate thing. Anyway yeah good games. I don't know how you can imrpove since i am not a expert or anything but i coudn't tell either way as it was lagging at some points.

My other online matches are less laggy. But nice shielding and nice samus.

Jupz

Smash Master
Thanks lol ;)
Yeah most of the time it wasn't lagging but sometimes it would lag horribly for a min or two...

Lolz I think Samus gets nerfed a lot less then other characters online, I can barely touch my friends with Samus but I decided to give her a try online :p
Your toon link is amazing...

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Just telling you guys I got myself a burnt pal version of Brawl through completely 'legal' methods, I'm thinking if we don't have a spare copy of brawl we can use that instead of my copy. It's unedited in anyway and saves alot of issues with loading.

Edit: Oh since it's not on the list I am bringing my wii/brawl and can bring an extension cable/powerboard if needed.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Not me, I could of got in last year for free but still didn't

By the way I was looking at bus times, all people going to the tournament via the train. The busses don't run to the joondalup arena at that time, so get ready for a good 2km train. I'll try and add up directions there via a map shortly.

Oh and I'll be catching the train that arrives at the station at 8:54, if there's anyone cautious about travelling alone and will be there around that time let me know and we'll head there together.

Edit:

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
I was writing up a D3 guide like ages ago except i accidentaly closed it down or somewhat, i raged.

Jupz

Smash Master
Hmm nice guide trav... although you missed a important function of his game, the Bthrow.

I main Dthrow Dedede, and I counterpick the Bthrow Dedede on characters I can't chaingrab.

Heres a better guide to Dedede, made by Gates ;)

Vlade

Social Outcast
If it's not too much of an ask, could anyone that has the ability to drive perhaps pick up Marty and other people catching the train from Joondalup station?

It would save them a lot of hassle and I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Who can drive? *Looks at Bob* :p

EDIT:

I MIGHT be going to Supanova with Andre, Samuel, Richard and Robert this Friday. I might have something on though.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to supanova on the 4th. 4!!!! is every where 4 4

I already have my ticket ( :

edit: FYI BoB: pikman< TO MY ****************** MK

Vlade

Social Outcast
Booyah 32 entrants so far, with 7 TVs.

This is gonna be an epic tournament, I haven't even asked the year 12 gamers from my school lol so there's going to be heaps of people :)

Synnic

Smash Rookie
Mmm friday supernova aye? Last time I spoke to Rob, I think I convinced him to go Saturday, isn't friday just some evening opening event anyway? Either way, hope to see some familiar faces for those that will be going to Supernova on Saturday.

And just out of curiosity, have there been any other people maining fox at all these past tournaments I've been missing?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Nope haven't seen any foxes. also Vlade Ali and Sami are brothers so they'll only be bringing one Wii+Brawl not one each.

This tournament looks like it's going to be really big, 32 already :)

Ryan_wa

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody! I'm new to this forum and I think this is a brilliant idea!! Is anyone interested in having a battle night or day of all 3 smash bros games? I've got a couple of friends who are also smash bros fans and we're looking for other people to play to make things more competitive, send me a message if interested...

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
edit: FYI BoB: pikman< TO MY ****************** MK
Congratulations on discovering MetaKnight_ I hope this ability will prove your uber skills for many years to come_

Ryan welcome to the scene and woot to my posters actually getting some recognition in Rocko_ Hopefully you and your mates are able to make it to our next tournament and FYI i'm also in the Rockingham area if you ever want to indulge in some friendlies_

Vlade i won't be driving to your tournament and rarely ever now i'm a student_ My ride comes with 2 wheels (and pedals)_

Mic are you able to get hold of the BBrawl you were mentioning in your 'Balanced Brawl' thread so i can give it a test_ Had a look over it and it seems more what i want from a Brawl hack than Brawl+ is currently offering, so i won't mind playing around with it for some kicks_

Swordsaint i know we are slightly late to the scene but now we've started kicking off i think it's just the beginning of bigger things to come for W.A_

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
So true we are awesome. Welcome Ryan I'm Trav, you coming to Vlades tournament? Also you mentioned all 3 smash bros games I'm a SSB64 fanboy, join me in rallying for it to be a side tournament at one of the next tourneys.

Alzi

Smash Master
We should have wind waker on one of the wii's since it is just too awesome. Also these school holidays i plan to eat alot and work out heaps. So my brawl practise will decrease and i won't play it as much not until the last 2-3 days until the tourney.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Soon we'll become the Australian Capital of Smash :)

Keep those signups coming, the more the merrier. And try to make an effort to get those posters up this weekend!

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Well bob your poster do stand out quite well =D

And welcome Ryan, still a day or night of all generations of smash sounds awesome..Despite I'd get owned =D

Edit: I'll be heading into Freo this weekend most likely so name me some good places to advertise.

Jupz

Smash Master
dayum, perths biggest tournament ever and i can't make it

someone PM that randomness_FTW guy and see if he can come

Top Bottom