• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If there's gonna be magic, there should be other card games too! Munchkin, Bang, Poker, Pokemon...

MTGod

Smash Champion
Oh man, Pokermon? A straight is like Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard and a flush is like all of the same type of pokemon? I'd totally be down for that. But yeah, I constantly have Sundays off so Sundays great for me.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Who are you? Weren't you that guy who picked pete up from a tournament once? I can't remember.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I swear to god if he name searches and starts posting his crap here I'll ban you shadow :mad088::mad088::mad088::mad088::mad088:

In good news though, holy cow, ghost Trick is amazing. Phoenix Wright amazing. Possibly (dare I say it) better?

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
Cool chops, well I'll keep you all posted on whats going down.. I'm thinking brawl, magic, mario party 2 (on virtual coonsole now), random anime and fighters.. Mariokart too maybeh?

Vlade

Social Outcast
I swear to god if he name searches and starts posting his crap here I'll ban you shadow :mad088::mad088::mad088::mad088::mad088:

In good news though, holy cow, ghost Trick is amazing. Phoenix Wright amazing. Possibly (dare I say it) better?
I've been meaning to play it for a while, is it really that good? :)

I want to play 999 as well... I've got so many games to play heh.

Marteh I do NOT want Toon Link to return, hate that character :S

@Braddles: When is your meet?

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
Is anyone going to Wai-Con? They are only allowing the Gamecube controller :/ The gaming organized was being an *** to me on Facebook when I asked if I can bring my own Wii Remote + CC ...that's not the first time Wai-Con organizers have been rude to me...do you guys agree with Gamecube Controllers only?

Sorry I havn't posted for a long time, been busy with competitive Pokemon and Goldeneye 007. Do you guys still hold tournaments?

Btw, hate me all you want but I WILL be using Toon Link :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
Is anyone going to Wai-Con? They are only allowing the Gamecube controller :/ The gaming organized was being an *** to me on Facebook when I asked if I can bring my own Wii Remote + CC ...that's not the first time Wai-Con organizers have been rude to me...do you guys agree with Gamecube Controllers only?

Sorry I havn't posted for a long time, been busy with competitive Pokemon and Goldeneye 007. Do you guys still hold tournaments?

Btw, hate me all you want but I WILL be using Toon Link :p
I certainly don't agree. You should be allowed to use whatever controller you want but since it's a tournament that's being run by people who don't know anything about the game or how to run tournaments for the game you can't really expect much :p

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
We are not affiliated in any way with the Wai-Con Brawl organisers, a lot of us go to compete in it the fun but we do not make rules with them or even agree with their rulesets. So if they;ve been mean to you, it's not us, we're the cool guys :) And yeah we don't agree with it, all control types are allowd at ours.

Tournaments still get held though they've been less frequent lately due to the holiday season, their will be one this month or early next that we hope you can attend.

Do you play on Pokemon Online or on Wifi? A few of us play competitively in Gen V.

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
They allow Arcade sticks and people to bring their own controllers for SSFIV but not Brawl...it just annoys me. I'll be at a disadvantage because I'm crap with the Gamecube controller. probs because I don't have one lol. I'll try my best though. That guy, I've had issues with before though and if I see him there ...

I'm keeping away from Gen V until the Australian release, I want everything to be fresh and new to me. I do fortnightly "meet up's" for Gen 4, with a leaderboard system. I could get on PO for Gen 4 battles?

MTGod

Smash Champion
I wouldn't read too much into the Waicon tournament - it's FFA with items, strategy all you need :D

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't read too much into the Waicon tournament - it's FFA with items, strategy all you need :D
Yeah I know, it's just that it's my first competitive game since Supernova lol. I'd much prefer 1v1 no items, stock 3 and no time limit :)

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
Black Ops (yes Black Ops is on Wii) is like 50x better than Goldeneye. Seriously Goldeneye is just a complete mess. Sell Goldeneye and buy Black Ops. Do it, now.
Woah. I totally disagree. Have a look at Activision Assist on Facebook, notice how many issues Black Ops has for online, which is for all systems. I own both and prefer Goldeneye. There is only one fault with Goldeneye and that's the host quits, that's it.

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
lol

someone teach this man how to play brawl.
I know how to play Brawl, I'm confident I could beat you :p What's wrong with no time limit? Okay, it makes sense in a tournament, but with mates and stuff I just like having stock.

Richard7

Smash Ace
I know how to play Brawl, I'm confident I could beat you :p What's wrong with no time limit? Okay, it makes sense in a tournament, but with mates and stuff I just like having stock.
Just so you know Attila, this guy does't play brawl competetivly and I've never seen him, so you'd almost certainly whoop is *** (inb4 you whooped Perth's ***).

Woah. I totally disagree. Have a look at Activision Assist on Facebook, notice how many issues Black Ops has for online, which is for all systems. I own both and prefer Goldeneye. There is only one fault with Goldeneye and that's the host quits, that's it.
Yes Black Ops has some issues, but after the next Wii patch I don't think there'll be many more problems at all. Goldeneye has far more issues than you just mentioned. To name a few

• Can't do 1 on 1s with friends
  • HORRIBLE framerates
  • Can't see ping
  • (Not the game's fault but yeah) Can never find matches with region set to on
  • Can't create your own custom button layout
  • Can't set the dead zones to 0

The bad framerates is one the main problems, its literally like 20 frames, its just unplayable, especially for a FPS. 60 frames should be the standard for FPS, but it just isn't because developers would rather satisfy all the graphics w h o r e s. Black Ops runs at about 30ish, which is bareable, but would be a lot better if it was 60.

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
Yes Black Ops has some issues, but after the next Wii patch I don't think there'll be many more problems at all. Goldeneye has far more issues than you just mentioned. To name a few

• Can't do 1 on 1s with friends
  • HORRIBLE framerates
  • Can't see ping
  • (Not the game's fault but yeah) Can never find matches with region set to on
  • Can't create your own custom button layout
  • Can't set the dead zones to 0

The bad framerates is one the main problems, its literally like 20 frames, its just unplayable, especially for a FPS. 60 frames should be the standard for FPS, but they aren't because developers would rather satisfy all the graphics *****s. Black Ops runs at about 30ish, which is bareable, but would be a lot better if it was 60.
Are you judging the frame rate by online or single player? I find that when I host a game, online is smooth and seamless. I never get lag. I guess Activision figured they'd make more money with Black Ops because of the COD name so they invested in actual servers instead of relying on players to host on Goldeneye. You get used to it, the actual online gameplay is addictive and satisfying, at least for me.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Are you judging the frame rate by online or single player? I find that when I host a game, online is smooth and seamless. I never get lag. I guess Activision figured they'd make more money with Black Ops because of the COD name so they invested in actual servers instead of relying on players to host on Goldeneye. You get used to it, the actual online gameplay is addictive and satisfying, at least for me.
Oh god, just typed out a kinda big post then lost the page cus of dumb stuff, oh well, here we go again.

No I'm talking about the multiplayer frame rates in Goldeneye. It make ssne for it to be smooth when you're host (with the exception of Black Ops, but that's getting fixed next patch) but the fact that you have to rely on whether or not you're host for the game to be smooth is a bit stupid don't you think?

Black Ops (for Wii and the other consoles) uses the p2p system (hosts) just like Goldeneye does. I doubt Activision would of made the decision about whether or not the game uses p2p or server since they're just the publisher for the game.

Yes its definitely just for you, because after playing Black Ops, Goldeneye is pathetic for me.

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
If someone with a good connection is hosting than the game is great too, but it's flawless when I host. Well the hosting system is different because Goldeneye gets host quits :/

It's not just me, thousands if not hundreds of thousands play Goldeneye daily :p But each to their own, there is no modern "best FPS game", it's what ever appeals to you.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zPMhGvCyVg

this is how the game is played.

Just so you know Attila, this guy does't play brawl competetivly and I've never seen him, so you'd almost certainly whoop is *** (inb4 you whooped Perth's ***).
yeah i know, although i'm not sure what the 'almost' is doing there <3

Richard7

Smash Ace
If someone with a good connection is hosting than the game is great too, but it's flawless when I host. Well the hosting system is different because Goldeneye gets host quits :/

It's not just me, thousands if not hundreds of thousands play Goldeneye daily :p But each to their own, there is no modern "best FPS game", it's what ever appeals to you.
Getting a good connection (which is basically dependent on how close the host lives to you, Australian host playing with American player = horrible connection for the American player no matter how good both people's internet is.) is like I said, pretty much impossible. Either not many people in Australia play, or not many people select the region option. I think if everyone from Australia that played Goldeneye, set the region option to on, then you should be able to find games, but yeah like I said above.

Hosts still quit in Black Ops, it just goes back to the lobby menu and selects a new host (although it won't always because its a bit buggy) So it still uses the same system of hosting, it just migrates host when the host leaves.

You're right in saying that there isn't a best FPS, because everything is open to opinion. However, to my gaming standards and opinions, Goldeneye is rubbish.

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the late post
@Vlade Probably be soonish, im still moving stuff around the house etc. but as it nears I'll get a date thats suits everyone and hold it then =)

Everyone shhh =)

Top Bottom