• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was actually planning on holding something this weekend, but the derby makes it difficult I realise (house being occupied by foreign sport fanatics and such.)

We'll save it for another time.

IN OTHER NEWS: I have a week off next week, so if someone wants, we can organise a little smash shindig during the week (assuming other people are free too).

Question: Has anyone here seen the movie 'Drunken Boxing'? I'm thinking that can be our movie next smashfest.

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
I was actually planning on holding something this weekend, but the derby makes it difficult I realise (house being occupied by foreign sport fanatics and such.)

We'll save it for another time.

IN OTHER NEWS: I have a week off next week, so if someone wants, we can organise a little smash shindig during the week (assuming other people are free too).

Question: Has anyone here seen the movie 'Drunken Boxing'? I'm thinking that can be our movie next smashfest.
I have Mondays off... but I might have to go to the dentist. My teeth decided to start hurting for no apparent reason. >_< Plus it would depend on how many people could rock up. =/

I've never heard of that movie. Sounds like we're starting a trend... =)

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love my martial arts movies, so that's probably why I know of movies you guys haven't watched before =P

Drunken boxing it is! If you've played Soul Calibur, keep an eye out for moves that Voldo uses ^_^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The one where he jumps on them then grinds their face into the ground?

**** Dirty Dockers

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
The Eagles played an absolute shocker. Glad I didn't go.

I'm hoping Freo has already bet all their chips trying to get this far. I'm guessing they will be knocked out first round, again.

shdw_strkr

Smash Cadet
Wtf

Yes there was definantly something up yesterday.

I'm hoping Freo has already bet all their chips trying to get this far. I'm guessing they will be knocked out first round, again.
the rate they're going that won't be possible, unfortunantly.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
drunken boxing is a great movie :)

sounds like you guys have fun.

tas scene will get there one day, >.>

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm afraid I can't do one this weekend, sorry.

There'll be one the weekend after though!

Next smash: Sunday 10th September

Btw, BakaGuy, the info is all on the first page of this thread.

EDIT: Mic, get them to hurry up and give me my avatar back x_x

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You can resize thing in paint ;) Send me the original, I'll shrink it for ya.

Hope everyone's had a good fathers day btw.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
zomg i like mentioned trying to fly over to see WA for myself and like... no one goes on the boards anymorezorz.
i know you guys (perth) in general don't really need to care but i was hoping to see Bringer before the end of the year is out, you talked up perth so much in Sydney i have to see it XD
and meet the fabled swatter of Nazi bees

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's little motivation to look in that thread anymore Jaz lol. I read up on it a couple of times a week, but usually it doesn't relate to me. Sorry for the late reply.

At any rate, if you come over anytime, we'll make time for you.

... Although, mid-late november is end of semester, so that time I'd probably avoid >_>

Awesome Matt. I'll see you here on Sunday then ^_^

jazblack009

Smash Ace
thats cool i'm back in qld round that time...
well any time you say? well i wanna try verse as many smashers as i can, the sale ends today so i'll try get a date a little bit before the weekend
i wanna try verse:
mic
cubed
quetz
kewl nevin (i saw the name :p)
anyone that can

it'll probably be soon after 17th of october

jazblack009

Smash Ace
i have some dates:
i arrive on a saturday night... gay i know but its all thats left:
28th of october at 23:15
flying back i have some choices...
and i can leave on a sunday or mondy night
the 5th or 6th of november so bringer if you like have **** to do on a monday... i might aswell leave that night or the monday night if people can smash on a sunday... up to youzorz

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dates confirmed! Jaz will be here 28th october - 6th november. During that time, my house will be fair game for smashfests and stuff, as Jaz will be camping there on the days I go to uni.

Let's try organise some shiz for him to do while he's here shall we? ^__^

jazblack009

Smash Ace
lol so they're WC fans down there....
or across there? your not exactly up there :p
all right cao XD i'll hold you to it i hope to have the best shizzle that ever shizzled
but i don't think you guys can convert me to a war craft person... i've never liked it XD

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I spent half of Saturday studying and half of it helping my dad uninstall air conditioners. Wasn't really that interesting.

Thanks for coming on Sunday guys, it was fun ^_^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
<3 for the smash today, Bringer. Shame more people didn't turn up. We played 1v1 for 4 hours before mic and tim arrived. o_O
Wasn't my fault, stupid parents recarpeting rooms and wanting me to help...grumble...next time they try a job-grab, I'll have to wavedash outta there faster.

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
ATTN: PERTH!

Possible smashfest at my house this Saturday. (16th Sep) I live in Mandurah. I'm sure you guys can organise some sort of car pool. How many of you think you can come? I want to get an idea of numbers.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Whoo! Roadtrip! I'm in on this.

Note to self: Get CD player installed

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
It's official! SMASHFEST AT MY HOUSE! =)

Date: Saturday 16th September
Time: 12pm
Address: 4 Leeton Close Halls Head, Mandurah
Contact number: 0433 402 448
You need to bring: Controller

Snacks will be provided. Pizza will be for dinner, and unless we have unexpectedly high numbers arriving, you won't have to pay for it. Hope to see you there!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Currently:

Josh can't come because he's babysitting. I don't have Kenton's number, so that'll be Mat's job if he wakes up. Rob and co and Timmy and Mic I can organise myself.

EDIT:

More currently: Rob and co can't come because Rob has badminton tonight, so me Mic and Timmy will be trekking it down there in about 20 minutes. If Josh happens to somehow miraculously become free by the time you wake up Mat, and Kenton is free too, you're still welcome to come down. We can DS roadtrip it up on the way back if that's the case.

Top Bottom