• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you want to host something, give us a date you're free on, and a maximum limit of people that can come. It's possible for us to bring TVs and stuff if you don't think you have enough to cater for a certain group size or whatever.

And by 'its not exactly my house' do you mean it's your parents house or that you're renting? If it's your parents you'd obviously have to get their permission and stuff first. There's no pressure to get this organised soon or even at all if you can't. We're just throwing the idea out there ^_^

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure on the maximum amount of people. It's a small house. How many would typically turn up?

Well we've got 2 Cubes (one of them is prone to freezing, that's why I got a new one) and 5 TVs, 3 are 32cms or so and another is ~60cms and we have a 76cm widescreen. 2 of the small TVs are really old though. >_>

I meant it was my mum's house. If it does go ahead it would probably a weekend or some time in the holidays when she goes away.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Awesome. Keep us posted then ^_^

Oh, and for the biweeklies, if you didn't know, I have made the offer to many people to turn up at the Bassendean train station (Midland line) and I'll pick them up from there. I'm extending this offer to you as well, if you can make it by train. =)

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
I unfortunately was unable to make it =( how about a smashfest at my house this sunday to make up for it? Would this be convenient for dave and his friends and rob and his friends? All the usuals will be invited of course. I live in east cannington about 2-3 mins drive from cannington train station. Also I dont think I have rob in my msn somehow, whats your hotmail again? Dave's hotmail would help out too.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
LOL when we were in Japan, Shaka was driving his car on 3 days no sleep WHILE chatting to Cella and I on his DS he's a lunatic!

Josh cool to see you're active again in smash. Hope you're doing well and lifes treating you decently :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow, a smashfest at Josh's place? How retro. I'm in, Bringer can't of course, seeing as the one on sunday was his warmup for Sydney. I'll try and dig up MSN for Rob and Dave, should have it somewhere....

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bump.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, we will be gaming downstairs on Sunday, and the area with the piano/upstairs will be off limits for part of the day. The seating arrangements, however, might actually be better than last time ^_^

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
I still have to finish my 25 hours for my log book, pass my test, get a car and then I should be able to come. =/

Hopefully there will be some decent cars in this weeks papers.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yo Bringer, I don't think I'll be able to make this coming one, got family coming over for lunch. Might be able to rock up later in the afternoon though.

King Kong

Smash Lord
I looked at my tax thingy a couple of days ago and wondered what to spend my newfound money on.

So instead of the usuals i thought a trip to Perth might be nice. If someone can host me for a couple days i was thinking of coming over sometime during this semester as I want to go back to Cairns next holidays.

Of course if everyone is busy with work and uni and stuff i'll leave it to some other time.

peace out

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I won't be able to go this weekend. It might take a while to get a car. =/ Plus I still have over 4 hours to do for my log book. Unless I can borrow my mum's car, I doubt I can go. =(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That sucks. :( Still it's not that much, so you miss one, but get the rest. :)

And great idea KKong!

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm 100% out now. My dad got me tickets to the Freo match on Sunday. Hells yeah.
I'm an Eagles fan but a footy match is a footy match. =D

This makes me wonder... who does everyone else support? If you follow AFL, that is.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I had to support someone, it would be the Eagles. However, I've always found the idea of one-eyed support a bit stupid with the whole player trading and new people joining and suchlike. *Shrug*

Ok, this Sunday is off. Not because of you niven, but I just need to give it a bit of a break after attending both of the Nintendo DS Connection Tour things on Friday and Saturday.

Next time is TBA. Maybe next Saturday, because I have plans for the Sunday.

phantom_hornet

Smash Rookie
I second that ... the connection tour was just glee ... pity they didnt have another cube set up with SSBM - between that and strikers anyone that didn't already have a cube would go out and get one

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, strikers was a great game, really suprised how good it was.

I assume you heard about here via the tour? ;)

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to go to the tour. =( I couldn't get there since I didn't have a car plus I was busy with other things. I should be getting a car today, I looked at a 94 Excel sedan yesterday and it looks like I'll be getting that if I don't get the car I'm looking at today.

>_< @ next Saturday. I have hockey at 1:30. =(

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shirt power!!! Long live the shirt, the paper and a long line!

Next smashfest will be on Sunday 30th. I realised my plan for this Sunday is actually the Sunday after. Updating first page now.

Hope to see you guys there!

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
=o SUNDAAAAAY! =D

I'm going (should be). I just don't want too much of a hangover from Saturday. >_>

I finally start TAFE tomorrow. =)

Plus I got a car. 1991 Lancer. =D

I think my details need an update:

Name: Matt (everyone calls me niv or niven anyway)
Mains: Fox/Falco/Marth/Falcon/Doc/Jiggly/Peach... yeah it keeps going ^_^

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oops.

Sorry, forgot to reply to your post King Kong.

I'll happily host you, and I know we'll have room for you at my place. Just gimme a shout if your plan comes to fruition and we'll try and organise some stuff to co-incide with your visit.

Top Bottom