• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

jazblack009

Smash Ace
i assume it would be the more the merrier in any smash meet
although i could be completely wrong

don't say i didn't say don't say when i said don't say i didn't warn you

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
That was awesome. Deffinately worth the drive up. I would have stayed longer but my brother has school tomorrow. (I have every monday off at TAFE)

I did alot better than I expected. I thought I was going to be 3 or 4 stocked in every match. <_<

Does anyone have any tips for me or my brother for next time? >_>

666angelus

Smash Cadet
Name: Josh
Main: Sheik, Falco and Marth (Mostly Sheik)

Hey guys I would be intrested in coming along to the next Smash meet I am relativly knew to Smash been playing the last year or so any details yet?. Also Mic_128 do you know if the guy to the left of mario in the second picture's name is Sumner(I think thats his last name) if not he looks a lot like a guy I used to know.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
My only tip, niven, is that you had very good technical skill and look like you've practiced a lot, but because you have the tech skill you're always trying the more technical option. Try easier options, play a little slower and think your way through matches. That and come to more smashmeets. Best way to improve ^_^

I've added you to the list on the front page Josh. As far as the next smash meet, it will probably be 2 weeks Sunday. I'll confirm it later in the week. ^_^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
666angelus said:
Also Mic_128 do you know if the guy to the left of mario in the second picture's name is Sumner(I think thats his last name) if not he looks a lot like a guy I used to know.
Just call me Mic. ;) And nope, according to Nintendo the 2 on the left are Robert and Michael

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
rmusgrave said:
My only tip, niven, is that you had very good technical skill and look like you've practiced a lot, but because you have the tech skill you're always trying the more technical option. Try easier options, play a little slower and think your way through matches. That and come to more smashmeets. Best way to improve ^_^
I'm used to using more tech skill than mind games because of HRC and only being able to play my brother. I think that would be the reason why the space animals seemed to be my best characters yesterday.

NG7

Smash Lord
Hi-ho from Queensland!

Cool to see every state has an active smash scene.

And Ryan is awesome! That's is all.

peace

NG7

Smash Lord
Huh? What's the problem?

You're actively smashing lvl 9s aren't you? LOL

>.<

666angelus

Smash Cadet
Mic_128 said:
Just call me Mic. ;) And nope, according to Nintendo the 2 on the left are Robert and Michael
That's right his name is Michael **** that's weird seeing him on smashboards. Can't wait for the next smash meet.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Incidently, did any of you guys have DS's? Forgot to ask on Sunday.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Good luck for tomorow Bringer! Show them what Dota-Smashers can do. ;)

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Next smashfest. This sunday. August 13th.

In other news.

Shaz leaves for the US soon. Everyone wish him luck, and hope that he loses to Cao ^_^.

And yesterday's Dota tournament ended up with our team (Me, Josh, Paco, Jason and '910mm') coming 3rd. Only people we lost to were the people who placed 1st and 2nd. Overall we did pretty good considering we only just got together on the day.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol @ 'I would win anyway'. I'm not the only smasher at my level in Perth.

We've done them before. I just lack the motivation to hold one XD.

As I said (or think I said >_>) I'll hold one next break in school/uni semesters.

Edit: .. Wow, this forum update is cool. I only have one beef.

WHERE IS MY CUSTOM AVATAR?????

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
GO TO SLEEP! >_>

Me and my brother might rock up about the same time as the last smashfest. (I forgot what time that was... >_<)

I really should start some homework now... ~_~

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The forums got an update and quite a few people lost avatars. We've still got them, just fixing forum bugs are a bit higher on the list than people's avatars. They'll be fixed though. :p

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks everyone who came on Sunday. It was awesome.

Tim is now the official champion of Pictochat-Pictionary.

I think we'll be playing a lot more Pictionary in the future XD

Sloth

Smash Ace
Stop talking weird talk Bringer, anything to do with DS is about 2v2 Metroid Prime hunters.

We can't let those 3 stars beat us!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hear hear! God smashfest bringer, though looks like I should have brought drinks instead of chips ;)

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's ok. I'm implementing a strategy atm to prevent my sister from embezzling my drinks in between meets.

And the movie did actually have a storyline... I just got it on the 2nd time of watching the movie x_x. First time I responded the same way you guys did XD

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Needlessly to say, Eagles ftw.

Bringer: Gotten a lock on the fridge? ;)

Top Bottom