• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i have some dates:
i arrive on a saturday night... gay i know but its all thats left:
28th of october at 23:15
flying back i have some choices...
and i can leave on a sunday or mondy night
the 5th or 6th of november so bringer if you like have **** to do on a monday... i might aswell leave that night or the monday night if people can smash on a sunday... up to youzorz
Tada .

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Yo, Niven, when are you uploading some of those videos??? I want people talking about how crap my Marth is again!
How about if we record some matches of your Marth at the next smashfest? I didn't get many from Sunday. There has also been demand for me to vs your Yoshi on tape. =/

So when will the next smashfest be? Do you guys have holidays now? Or exams or somthing?

jazblack009

Smash Ace
thanks mic ^_^ you must have broadband or un laziness to go back for that.
don't know if i'll be very welcome in perth, turns out the swans are gonna woop the eagles again ;)
same grand final, same results
go the swannies

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
thanks mic ^_^ you must have broadband or un laziness to go back for that.
It was just one page back, first post.

don't know if i'll be very welcome in perth, turns out the swans are gonna woop the eagles again ;)
same grand final, same results
go the swannies
Oh ho, o rly?

I'll get McFox to fix that Bringer.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
"It's ****en awesome." Anyone else see that after the game? I thought it was funny. =P

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Rofl that's hilarious. Jaz you could probably change that now if you wanted to.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I won't be able to make Saturday. :(

Though, this'll cheer you up a bit.

GO3 Electronic Entertainment Expo 2007 is set to be held in Perth on Friday the 30th of March through to Sunday the 1st of April. Whilst the event is still 6 months away, PALGN has managed to secure some information from the organisers and it sounds like the expo is shaping up to be pretty **** impressive.

During a recent trip to Japan, GO3 management put together a collaborative agreement with GSTAR and the Tokyo Game Show, to “share ideas and resources to maximize the exposure of each expo throughout the Australasian region”. GO3 will be exhibiting at the GSTAR event in Korea next month to secure more interest in the expo.

On the presentation front, Rod Fergusson (Epic - Gears of War producer) will be attending, along with Goichi (Killer7). Also present will be Chris Williams (LucasArts), Harvey Smith (Midway) and Roy Taylor (Nvidia). GO3 is currently in talks with Peter Molyneux (Lion Head – Fable designer), but his attendance is yet to be confirmed.

The convention will sport a 600+ person LAN, as well as an eSport Universal Challenge with a $10,000 cash prize. Some of the big sponsors already confirmed to be supporting the event include QANTAS (possibly providing cheap airfares for those of us from the east coast), Microsoft, Nvidia, Game Traders and Pandemic Studios.

While there are currently the eGames and Game1 expos planned for Melbourne and Sydney in the next couple of months, it is clear that GO3 it attempting to position itself in a more industry focused role, particularly in the wake of E3.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay!!!

NEXT SMASHFEST - SUNDAY 29th OCTOBER

This smashfest is a farewell to Timmy before he goes to Japan, and a welcome to Jaz as he flies in late on the 28th. I want this one to be big, so tell your friends! Tell your friends to tell their friends!

^_^ See you there!

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
ARGHWTF>_<!!!

Baseball on Sunday. ;_; BASEBALL OUT AT FREAKING CHIDLOW! >_<

Wait a sec, my game starts at 9:15am, finishes about 11:15-11:30, I could possibly make it late. That is of course if you don't mind me rocking up all sweaty. ^_^ Now all I need is directions and an approximate time of travel... >_>

And happy birthday for 2 days ago, Ryan. ^_^

Now, I found out that Chidlow is about 20-30kms east of your place. Word is that a bus is taking us to the game on that Sunday, but I'll still end up driving. >_> I doubt my brother will want to come, since he will have to get up before 6 or something, then sit around fora few hours. At least I can bring the manly stench of 2 people after playing baseball. ^_^

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
At chidlow lol. That is surprisingly convenient, as that's basically east of my place.

Way to go from Chidlow back to here -

-Take Great Eastern Highway up to Midland.
-Turn right at Roe highway.
-Keep going down Roe highway until you get to West Swan Road. Turn left there.
-Turn right at Benara Road.
-Turn left at my street.

All good? Awesome.

If you want to have a shower (and if you smell bad enough, you WILL be having a shower xD), bring a change of clothes and you can use ours. Its all good.

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the directions. =) I better write them down now and put them in my car because I left the directions to my last baseball game at home and I don't want to be stuck out at freaking Chidlow with no clue how to get home. >_<

Also, I think a shower would be a good idea. >_>

I'll also try not to stay too late this time, your family doesn't seem to like me hanging around so late. Well, it is usually 12 or 1 when I leave. <_< I guess you have to stop keeping me entertained so long. =/

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm coming (needless to say), and I spoke with Timmy, he said that he might not be able to come, but he's going to try and rearrange things so he can come. Huzzah!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I remember your name. It's Fox....Fox-guy.....Foxini.....
or Matt

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
=)

I haven't seen you in a while, Mic. Last time it was only Ryan, my brother and me. =/ I don't think there has been a smashfest for a few months where we have needed to set up at least 2 cubes. <_<

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, it's usually been you and your bro, Ryan, me and Timmy.

Good to see the CAnningtons are coming, hopefully we'll whip them into shape :)

Top Bottom