• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Latest news -

Tim can come, but he has to leave early. Therefore, everyone who wants to say goodbye to Tim needs to turn up before he leaves. My current estimate would be him leaving my place about 4:30, but that's just an estimate.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
aaallll righty! perth here i freaking come
work has been like... well you guys all know that story
look forward to being outright demolished by you perthinians
mic, we'll have to have a few sydney eagles games... or perhaps bird themed matches :p
who knows what wonders we can come up with

can't wait to see perth... the windy city!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Party on dudes! *Guitar solo*

Note: If you haven't already, take a gander at the upcoming events at the bottom of the main SWF page :p

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Upcoming Events for the Next 3 Day(s)
Calendar
GIGABITS Weekly Smashfest: 10-26-2006
Jazblack009 visits Perth!: 10-28-2006 to 11-06-2006
King of the Couch - Featuring King of the Costumes!: 10-28-2006
NCT2: The Big One: 10-28-2006

^_^

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
*Bumpage*

Another awesome smashfest, Bringer. There are so many people that I still haven't played yet. Hopefully next weekend though. =) If we get that many people next week, we could possibly have a small tournament, if everyone gives it the okay.

Much <3 to Jaz for coming to Perth. Hope you enjoy the stay.

At least this time I was competitive with Josh, last time I played him a few months ago, I had trouble hitting him. <_<

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Is it Sunday again? Because I have baseball down in Mandurah in the morning and I won't finish until 12:30-1pm. So I would only be able to make it late. *Requests Saturday* That is, of course, if it doesn't conflict with anyone else. ^_^

playa271

Smash Rookie
next smashfest/gamesesh

heyz everyone,
just wonderin' when u guys havin another smashfest, unfortunately missed the last one u guys held, due to stupid assignments to be due...plus i heard theres some really good competition, which i need to see....whos better..hehe

thanks

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Are you the guy I met at that pokemon thing? If so Hi! There's one this weekend, not sure what day yet though.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Latest news!

Come my place Saturday. That's my smashfest.

Go to Quetz's place on Sunday. You'll have to get there in the afternoon, probably about 1:30 to be safe. This is cos Quetz can't come on Saturday.

Officially -

4th November @ 12pm to late, Bringer's house, details first page.

5th November @ 1:30pm, Quetz's house.
Address: 2 elizabeth street east cannington

See you guys on the Saturday at least!

jazblack009

Smash Ace
i'm lucky i'm at bringers cuz he can drive >.>
anywhooooz hope everyone can turn up again for more 1 v 1's :p i'm only here one more weekend and if i had my way i would have been here two days before last weekend started to adjust to teh timezorz, i'm hopeless at it honestly.
but, no johns. last week i got creamed, this week i hope to do better
muuuuuuuuuch better (evil laugh) no sleeping i promise lol
well maybe a little sleeping....

aquarium FTW

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks for coming Jaz, it was awesome to see you again. I hope you enjoyed your stay and it was worth the flight cost.

I'm not gonna smash until exams are over, sorry everyone. Just a couple of weeks and then we'll game it up.

Quetz was saying that he might be able to host weekly game meets after exams, we'll see what happens with that.

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Jaz rocks. It's great to meet out of state smashers. Hopefully we can get some more matches at Melbourne. I think we were pretty even. =)

Many thanks to Quetz and Bringer for hosting on the weekend. Plus we saw a new face. =D

Bringer, hopefully I will catch up with you and whoever else was going to the Wii demo tomorrow. *searches for details*

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Thanks for coming to perth jaz, its always nice to have visitors in perth. I'm sure we'll meet again at a brawl tournament.

Like ryan said I'm thinking of having a games night every say, saturday night at my house with games like:

-Monopoly
-Trivial Pursuit (team)
-Taboo (team)
-Pictionary (team)
-Alphabetix
-Balderdash
-Clue

I know kenton owns taboo and clue.

The deal is that you bring a drink or junk food to share with everyone so that my supplies don't get pooned every time everyone comes over.

more game suggestions are welcome :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey, awsomeness. I'll go through what games we've got, see if there's anything decent.

Jaz = teh awsomeness. Hope the flight back was good, and hope to see you again at some point. Your Kirby is truely awsomeness.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
aaaah guys!
sorry for pro longing a shout out, banner related ;)

firstly thank you to Ryan, for his hospitality, scrubs, smash fatalities, dart board, car, abundent supply of animations and vids, worms and scrubs. I'd never been to perth before, and it was an awesome experience, because it was well planned by ryan.
Also, your family ryan, tell them that i said thanks to them also, for casserol with over the hedge, right directions that i followed wrong and an offer to see a space satelite, thankyou to the musgraves :p

Then in alphabetical order:
Quetz: you are a mew2,monopoly king and warcraft educator, mark has a serious contendor for the title of best mew2 in oz, and that zelda is insane. so when you weren't bsuy stitch face comboing me, you had plenty of other characters to kill kirby with :D thanks for the matches and the hospitality ^_^ the food was great ;) pass that on to whichever chef you like lol.

Kewl Niven: Home run champion, and the second to whoop my a$s when i got to perth, hope that cough goes away or i might not even get a word in next time, i felt sorry for you having to share pizza with me both weekends lol but thats the roll of the dice i guess.
Thanks for bothering to verse me ;)

Cubed: could of sworn you were a drummer :p sorry for talking up boost juice and letting you down XD, but atleast you know where to get someone killed now ^_^. didn't verse you much smashwise (if at all?) but kung pow was top tier, and lifes not all about smash. we nearly found millenium, so close >.>
thanks for the effort and the humour

Kenton and Bryce, can't believe you went through a whole character challenge, crazy b@stards, bryce owned the first game of monopoly and the scrabble board. i still don't know what the crap a diiv is... maybe a scrabble typo who knows :p if i ever come again, i'll try harder to get some matches in aye?

teh new guy! good to see new interest, if you stick with smash, you might see yourself travelling over to sydney for a change :p enjoy your bazillion games and keep up the awesome art!

and finally to Mic, the closer of threads and follower of wrong directions. we didn't have much of a chance in the character challenege, hopefully i'll get past bowser next time o.O
the worms games were awesome, and thanks for the lift back to the airport, i was quite happy to get a lift in a bathtub with saws for wheels but the car did the job :p

all in all perth was an awesome place and i'd recommend it to anyone looking for an escape from thier ordinary life and a chance to get your head pawned in smash. as thanks i'm offering the state of warcraft, smash banners, with warcraft as a theme. i here you dun really like warcraft niven so i guess i could make you a home run king one :p

but yeah if you guys want a warcaft smash banner that looks something like this:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Jazblack009/PerthBannerBringercopy.jpg
don't hesitate to ask ^_^

thanks for the experience guys it was awesome

- Jaz

p.s boobies

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
and finally to Mic, the closer of threads and follower of wrong directions. we didn't have much of a chance in the character challenege, hopefully i'll get past bowser next time o.O
Oh man did we get screwed in that >.<
I didn't even get to Yoshi that time :(

thanks for the lift back to the airport, i was quite happy to get a lift in a bathtub with saws for wheels but the car did the job :p
First I was all "Hey, my car isn't that bad" Then I remembered GMod :p Wish we could have had more time and you guys could have gotten a shot. That thing is awsome.

Unless of course you are dissing my car.... :(
heh heh heh. At least it's got a better CD player than Bringers ;)

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Jaz. We need to get some friendly matches in Melbourne. ;) I don't think I kicked your *** much, I thought we were pretty even. :) I also second Mic's statement on your awesome Kirby. My flu is clearing up now, at last. <,< A home-run contest banner sounds awesome. =D My SWF account is lacking a sig... >_>

jazblack009

Smash Ace
rofl never diss the Gman-mobile right?
the banner is coming along i woke up at like 12:00 sydney time so i'm still adjusting >.<

lol niven yeah towards the end we got pretty even didn't we, good to hear about the cold to :p
btw you still got that tape? i have like no vids of my kirby lol would love to get them, i'll get on your banner as soon as i get the warcraft banners done...
speaking of...
Josh what character do you want in yours? Zelda? or peach?

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I have the tape. I just rewound it then. You 3 stocked my Falcon with Kirby in the first match, then I 3 stocked your Kirby with Fox the match after. =) I think those are the only 2 matches of your Kirby that I have. There are also matches of your Link, Falcon and Fox or Falco.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
XD yep both of those would be awesome ^_^ so i can learn how to vs fox's aswell
if you have room the others would be nice aswell.... the only one of me i have is against forblaze and he wasn't playing well :(
gloth lost the ones where shaz whooped me

Edit: thanks DJ ^_^

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Yeah, I sucked bad that day. T_T Was hardcore out of form.

Mic, you haven't responded to my proposal(/gay sounding) in the Comrades thread yet. >_<

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There was a proposal? *Runs to thread*

It better not be on bent knee.

playa271

Smash Rookie
heyz people, finally got to play the Wii on wed nite at the WACA, It rocked, its so smooth the intuitive controls and the remote is a lot smaller and lighter than i expected, i met renzokuken and his bro there too, funny enough that i found out he knows u guys aswell.

ps. Twighlight princess is awesome, even wii sports and wii play are so simple yet deep, i think we should do tourneys on that **** ;)

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
Wii Is Kicking Rad Man

WII IS WICKED STICK LIKE OMG

Ok, me and bryce have just come back from carousel after playing the wii and well..wow.
It was as a bit of a shamble to begin with, they didnt have anywhere to set up, but they got a spot in myer at the games section. Only a few people were there, so it was good.

The demo was twilight princess and like it freakin rocked. The controls are really comfortable and feel great. I did some fishing and was the only one who could land a fish (obviously due to my experience in the area) but man it was great. lawl at fewl before me who was poor at it, like losing all his fish. Graphically the game is of gamecube quality(as you would expect) but still looked beautiful.

Bryce then played the dungeon and did pretty well.
He says "the wii was omg so freakin cool, i played the dungeon and got to wave the controls and own some enemies. I used the bow + arrow and hookshot, which was hard to aim cos we were so close to the screen(like 0 space in myer). But im completely convinced and cant wait to get one"

Lucky we went to the myer one cos the the one in eb was packed, like the store was full with people.

So like Wii is amazing, like OMG IT IS SO FREAKIN COOL. didnt see anyone else there, thought i saw rob, but wasnt sure if it was him. LIKE OMG SO COOL. even my dad thinks its pretty cool.

So yeah, looks like we'll be getting ours first day. Really looking forward to red steel and wii sports too, especially multi.

PLAYING = BELIEVING YES I CAN SAY THAT NOW

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Jaz is awsome.

Also, can't make it this time Josh, sorry.

Hmm...seems cut offa little. I'll fiddle around with that later.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I can't resize mine without cutting too much of either the top or bottom :( The ma size is 125x550. Width isn't an issue, just the hight. Anything you can do Jaz?

jazblack009

Smash Ace
ok.. well if we leave everything in preportion... it won't be as long.....
i could crop it height wise a little then minimize it... for all of them
so bringer, mic and quetz, i'll edit this post and put resized versions of your banners

Done:
Bringer:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Jazblack009/PerthBannerBringerresize.jpg
Mic:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Jazblack009/PerthBannerMic128resize.jpg
Quetz:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Jazblack009/PerthBannerQuetzalcoatlresize.jpg

that was a pain in the a$s lol

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, Mic is level 128 and has 400 hp.

Your character has the worst strength per level ratio ever!

... But then, your damage would be super high, being an intel hero with that much int.

Scary >_<

Top Bottom