• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
I just want to say a big THANK YOU to those of you who could make it, and you should pass the message on to those of you who exist outside the realms of these forums.

I'm pretty happy with how i went tonight. the crowd seemed to enjoy my set for the most part, i got into it and i felt really good about it.

However I did not get to become a full member of The Community yet. This is conclusive. There are issues in the music i produce in the drums and how i present my sets, my work needs to be tighter and less clumsy.

Considering that i have only been producing music for about 3 months i kinda get that it was really ambitious of me to be accepted so quickly. Most of the guys in the community have won wami awards and/or have been producing for at least 1 and a half years, they are guys who really know their stuff.

I'm disappointed this is the case but i have been told that they definitely want me to come back for more gigs, They are going to invite me back to play routinely and attempt to monitor my progress.

So i might not be a member yet but this means i'll get there eventually.
Thank you for your support everyone:)

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
@Andre_ Dude you did great last night but i can kind of see where they might be coming from production value wise although your choice in musical style will definitely be your strong point_ It's a shame you haven't been accepted as yet but i did see some awsome reactions from Community members so it's great that you will be getting frequent gigs which can only help you improve and keep motivated_

I really enjoyed watching you play and felt it was one of the stronger points early last night_ I really hope that more people will come along and support you dude since the night was a good break from all the hecticness of life_ Hey at least you got to play to the sex scene in "Afro Samurai"_ Too smooth_

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I know a guy who preordered (via the internets, obviously) it when it was announced. He's been waiting a long time, poor guy.
There was no way to preorder it, or anything else online 12 years ago.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Us members of the Esoteric Order of Dagon don't really care too much. Pirates exist so that Cthulhu can have a snack upon his awakening.

Ia, Dagon!
Ia, Cthulhu!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
To celebrate talk like a pirate day I will burn myself a copy of Metroid.

get it? hur hur

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Pastafarians
You get points from me_ Pastafarians unite_ Although any form of Lovecraft worship is enticing_ Oh the dilemma_!!

FYI Pete, i'll be looking at shooting an adaptation of 'The Hound' for my final uni project_ Looking at trying to get funding ($20,00 - $40,00 fingers crossed) to make it real_ Won't be until mid next year though :@_

Until then i think it's pirate talking, pasta cup and metroid_

Pete278

Smash Lord
I've always wondered why there's never been a large, Hollywood adaptation of Call of Cthulhu, or The Shadow Over Innsmouth, or one of the other more mainstream Lovecraft short stories. I mean, it'd be terrible, but why doesn't it exist anyway?

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
You do know that Guillermo Del Toro is adapting "At the mountains of madness" right_? It's only jus begun and I feel more would come if people knew how to adapt the stories correctly_

My issue is keeping the intensity and time period of the stories to give it that bizarre and thrilling feeling you get while reading them_ trying to adapt it for the modern world would be fail_

Also I'm pretty sure "Dagon" is a movie and so is "Re-Animator"_

Hater

Smash Ace
Dagon is also an awesome item for lina

@Bob do you want $20-$40 or $2,000($2000) ? even when your dealing with 4 digits you don't need a comma

Commerce Nazi ^^

playa271

Smash Rookie
Hey man, I guess I should re-introduce myself again.

Been playing smash since it even became popular and later competitive. on the 64 my main was Samus and Kirby. Later onto the NGC it was still the same except now Marth was my 3rd pick and up until Brawl Samus has been kind of dropped off my mains which are now Marth and Kirby.

Though that being said, I always try and play as much with other characters.

During the time before melee started getting competitive - I was thriving to look for competition, yet to no avail knew no one apart from vsing my younger bro and friends.

After the game died down, and I decided to move on I started to meet people about the competitive seen here in W.A - surprisingly at a Nintendo connection tour, here I saw the infamous yoshi player (bringer), mic and co.

Which led me to this site/forum. Then attending my first gaming sesh at bringer's house. Assuming my skills were pretty good, realizing later on I was getting pwnd like a noob. I believe the wave dashing and all these new techniques that I didn't quite find out/mastered kind of put me off. But it'd be a cop out if it was just that, I believe being extremely busy at the time too didn't help.

But since brawl (if you could say) reset the playing field i.e no wave dashing etc... it has given me the incentive to get back onto the scene.

I am also very competitive in the pokemon scene too. Myself and another individual have been working on pushing the scene as strong as it can be.

I like to consider myself a hardcore gamer. I have every single console and hand-held. I love all genres, even the ****tiest of games I don't mind as long as they're not atrociously bad. On computer side of things, I like both PC and MAC, doesn't bother me, though MACs seriously cost too much for what they're worth. probably because I'm poor :/

Big fan of gaming parties, nothing better than pizza, beer and an epic gaming night with mates.

So yeh that's about it, hope to get to know you guys more. Even if I have already met a few of you already.

:)

MTGod

Smash Champion
Howdy - if you've been here before you may be on the mailing list, but if not give me your e-mail and I'll chuck it on there for you. That's probably the easiest way to find out about upcoming tournaments short of checking the forums everyday ;)

Welcome back as well!!!

MTGod

Smash Champion
Yo guys, need to get some mad practice before Robocop, so -please- let me know if you're up for some brawl! I'm free every Sunday, and should be free every Tues Wed and Fri during the days.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I like to consider myself a hardcore gamer. I have every single console and hand-held.
FM Town Marty
Atari Jaguar
Phillips CD:I
Sega Nomad
Sony PSX (No it's not the PS1, it's a PS2 with a hdd, japan only)
Nintendo SNES Sattelaview?
Nintendo 64dd

Just to name a few, do you really have them all?

Anyway after that's out the way, welcome and all that other stuff.
I assume competitive pokemon is done through Shoddy or are you a real gamer and use actual cartridges with hours of breeding for one with correct EV's and nature?
The latter makes you more of a man, just so you know.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Heya Playa! I dont know if we ever met but me (Sam) and my two bros (Rob/Ric) went to a few of Bringers meets back when melee was still around. If we didnt meet then hi :p

Also theres a tournament coming up next sunday (19th September) and unlike that robeson guy (who magically vanished into thin air) I hope to see you there :D

Richard7

Smash Ace
heyz people, finally got to play the Wii on wed nite at the WACA, It rocked, its so smooth the intuitive controls and the remote is a lot smaller and lighter than i expected, i met renzokuken and his bro there too, funny enough that i found out he knows u guys aswell.

ps. Twighlight princess is awesome, even wii sports and wii play are so simple yet deep, i think we should do tourneys on that **** ;)
Quote from like 4 years ago, looks like Rob and Sam met you at one point.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Also theres a tournament coming up next sunday (19th September) and unlike that robeson guy (who magically vanished into thin air) I hope to see you there :D
He didn't vanish into thin air - he just got annoyed with the Real Brawlers MSN conversation :p

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
You're so bad, just minimise the conversation window and unless you've got ****ed up msn settings the only thing that'll happen is it'll flash, and if you're watching movies it full screens so you can't see it anyway.

Vlade

Social Outcast
FM Town Marty
Atari Jaguar
Phillips CD:I
Sega Nomad
Sony PSX (No it's not the PS1, it's a PS2 with a hdd, japan only)
Nintendo SNES Sattelaview?
Nintendo 64dd

Just to name a few, do you really have them all?

Anyway after that's out the way, welcome and all that other stuff.
I assume competitive pokemon is done through Shoddy or are you a real gamer and use actual cartridges with hours of breeding for one with correct EV's and nature?
The latter makes you more of a man, just so you know.
I do both :D

I'm going to the city on saturday, who wants to come? :)

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Depends whats for and what time, since Ill have to leave about 3.

Also, sadfacing since I wont be able to hold a fest these holidays, pretty much I work everyday, then robocop, then back to working everyday...**** holidays D:

Top Bottom