• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Thanks for the help Elton but I think most of us will be bunking with Proxxy if he allows it :)

Bob good idea but some people might be deterred knowing they won't get anything in return if they aren't going to SQUAT, if people don't like it perhaps make it half to airfares half to winners?

As some of you may know there's a guy called Technodeath that will be coming to this tournament, he however lives somewhere north/south (I forgot sue me!) of Perth, him and his friend are able to make their own way down to Perth via bus. the problem they have is not having a place to stay while they're down there. He has asked me if i could help or knew someone who could and as you guys know i don't have my own place, but if any of you have room for an extra two i ask you to extend your generosity to these guys.

Alzi

Smash Master
Sam you are missing two awesome texture hacks for toon link:

Outset Toon link: This is seriously epic i like the version with the wooden sword and shield and you should put that on your wii.

Tetra Toon Link: I saw this on one of the wii's last tourney and i saw god while looking at how cool the texture hack was.

Lord Bowser the pot for N64 tourney should be $2 and winner should take all unless we have alot of people wanting to enter then it depends if you want to increase the money or still keep it the same with winner taking all.

Tickets will increase during holidays so it's better to start buying tickets after these holidays me thinks.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I LOVE YOU BOB!!! But who said Samuel will be winning this tournament? :D

@ Trav: Not to be boastful, but my family is pretty wealthy and we'd definitely have room for them, although I'm not sure if they'd be comfortable with the idea of strangers staying over. Kane hope you can house them :p If not I'll talk to my parents seriously about it

Jupz

Smash Master
Omg techno is a DDD mainer I see him on the DDD boards all the time! but he also mains ganon.

ill see if i can house him saturday night but probably not cause its at my mums house

biweeklies are good

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
I know this great place down the street from me. ITS CALLED A CARDBOARD BOX LOLOL0l)Lll0l0l0l0l0l h4h4hh44h4h

Alzi

Smash Master
What are these power rankings popping up all of a sudden. We should have one to make Perth look just as cooler as the other states.

Would be cool having you at the tourney Technodeath. Since i've come to one i've never missed one as they are really fun.

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh i thought the power rankings just showed the top players in order and the thing we had were just like updates on tourneys and how we went.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Power Rankings are meant to take 'facts' and apply humanity to it.

The rankings that are based by points is not necessarily an effective list of whos the best in that order -
someone could miss a tournament, have a bad day, etc etc

it's about consistancy, who beats who, etc etc

So if your crux is Sam, always winning, then the person who is second may get a bit harder, you may have two players who often place second; the person who comes out on top should be the one who has the best match record between eachother or other 'potential PRanked players'.

i.e.
Sam always comes first
Vlade and Richard generally come second;
Richard has more victories over Vlade though (let's say 4-2). However Richard has a bad record against randomPRplayer1 and random2, whilst Vlade always beats these players and consistantly gets top 3 (oops recent :O).
yeah.

ITS A TIER LIST OF PLAYERS: just because meta knight didnt show up to a tournament or two, doesnt mean he isnt the best in the game :p

Muzga

Smash Ace
oh is that right. try again on me young one. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
Okay seriously, youre failing english arent you?
stop killing everyones brain cells with these horribly twisted, mangled, pathetic excuses for passes at the english language.

enough with the 4s, its an eyesore.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Turns out I will be at the tourney at some time between 12:30 and 1:30. I MAY be able to play singles right Vlade? Give me a first round bye and if I'm even later forfeit my first game :D:D:D:D Please pretty please???? Much love Vlade <3

But yeah I will definitely still be there for all the 64 stuff.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
i can stay at my grandparents place.. which is just a small bit north of Bullsbrook. they dont have any proper forms of electricity there and i really want to get in some practice before the tournament. i could stay at my grandparents on friday if i come down then, if on saturday i'd like to go around someones place to brawl it up before the tournament, but if i cant i'll just go to the grannie's place.

so i dont actually have to have anyone house me and my friend. i'd just prefer it if we did.

as bad as that might've been, i only just recently remembered i had grandparents in that area (literally like 10 minutes ago lol)

Jupz

Smash Master
Lol!

Btw I might be bringing out all my secondaries this tourney :p

I'll be home 5:30 pm sat from bball so come over for the night if you want
:)

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
oh no. hacked my wii yesterday... today it isn't reading wii disks though i've played with textures earlier today with the freezing after 4-44 minutes.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Thrashr mains Marth....I DEMAND A MATCH!

And XD and the slumber party, remember to talk about lots of boys and play truth of dare with the pretty ones <3

Muzga

Smash Ace
So yeah, another obligatory ad. If youre not busy tomorrow night you should come down to the village cafe in northbridge tomorrow night at 8 pm. im gonna be playing a mad set, i pity those of you who miss this performance.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Oh yeah Vlade i can bring a copy of melee ;)

Anyone want to update me about Technodeaths situation_? I may be able to help but need more info_

Also wanted to see what info people have about flight prices etc_ Babbs and I have been looking into it so we will have some prices on sunday_ Babbs suggested that if anyone needs parent approval for QLD then we could make up an info pamphlet describing possible flight costs, conditions and how many people will be going_ It will look even better if we can suggest flying as a group and possibly having group accommodation (if Proxy pulls through)

Basically if we can prove we have all the facts, details and a large group of us going and staying together, then parents will be more likely to look kindly towards your requests_ If anyone needs me to speak to their parents in person or on phone then let me know on sunday and we can arrange something_

Technodeath

Smash Champion
as for my situation, i think i'm all sorted out for where im staying and whatnot. the only thing i've yet to do is get my bus tickets. once i've done that im all set for the weekend ahead

EDIT: looks like im all set as far as tickets go, if me and my mate thrashr cant stay at Jupz's place on saturday since it isn't a concrete plan yet we'll just probably stay at my grandparents. but in preference if someone can house us on saturday we can do some brawling :D

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Well if Jupz doesn't pull through we have a spare bed and couch free on sat night if you don't mind making the trip down to Rockingham_ I could use the extra practice too heh_ Let me know_

Top Bottom