• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VSA Tampa: schedule for tomorow

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
u wanna just do a 1 dollar mm for one of the games (ill decide once i actually get to play brawl+ and get used to the new codeset)
$1 mm is nuthing...come food for food or $5 a buck is nuthing cuz u wont play serious u say u will but we all no u wont...even when we played at ur place u was jokein around alot...im doin this for the best of u...

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
How does VSA think they're gonna do brawl and melee in one day when they could barely do melee in one day at winterfest.
Just put faith in them, they're pretty young at hosting large scale tournaments. They're just going through the trials and errors of being TOs, no one starts out perfect.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
$1 mm is nuthing...come food for food or $5 a buck is nuthing cuz u wont play serious u say u will but we all no u wont...even when we played at ur place u was jokein around alot...im doin this for the best of u...
when any moneys involved i play serious end of story in fact the only reason i wasnt playing serious @ my house last week is because no-one else was

otherwise i dont really sandbag much in general

also im not confident in my skill enough yet to do $5 MM's

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Like i asked a few days ago, what is going on with this vanpool ride? im highly interested. Someone let me know something

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
i know what you mean but i dont want to risk 5 when i could be playing the same amount of time for 1
but who is gonna mm u for a $1???? no 1 is gonna take it serious or even accept it...even in friendlies no plays them serious at all...like u say all the time "i took 2 stock off of boogerbox.....but he was sandbaging" every1 sandbags friendlies wit a $5 mm u can play some1 about the bizzness...trust me...ask polmex how he got started and who was his teacher

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
READ PLEASE

If you read anything that I post it says that I incourage you to pre-register. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PRE-REGISTER! Its your choice. If you do, your door fee is $10. If you dont, its $15. Simple as that. Nothing more. For those of you who do not like to read.

And SFIV will be xbox only.

Now Van Pool info:
Call 407 770 7393 for details and to reserve your seat

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Thats my jiggly strat. Kyon next time we meet up I gotta try my jiggly against your peach... I gotta hunch.

And I gotta show you this combo with peach you may or may not know about. I think it combos fox and sheik right into death. :(
Alright. Just be Carefull. Most peach players think jigglypuff is there easiest match up. My bair is **** and turnips aren't fun

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
READ PLEASE

If you read anything that I post it says that I incourage you to pre-register. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PRE-REGISTER! Its your choice. If you do, your door fee is $10. If you dont, its $15. Simple as that. Nothing more. For those of you who do not like to read.

And SFIV will be xbox only.

Now Van Pool info:
Call 407 770 7393 for details and to reserve your seat
if i bring a set up how much i pay at the door??? i am not pre.reg...

beefy:the reason y i want to mm u is cuz u have skill some where im jus tryin to show u it....i jus said a 5 mm so u can see that ur better than u think and if i would have won i wasnt gonna take ur money i was jus tryin to teach u how to get focus cuz thats all u lack...u no that match ups pretty good...and if u would have won i would have gave u 5 bucks....

Ballistics

Smash Champion
if i bring a set up how much i pay at the door??? i am not pre.reg...

beefy:the reason y i want to mm u is cuz u have skill some where im jus tryin to show u it....i jus said a 5 mm so u can see that ur better than u think and if i would have won i wasnt gonna take ur money i was jus tryin to teach u how to get focus cuz thats all u lack...u no that match ups pretty good...and if u would have won i would have gave u 5 bucks....
Livestreaming this tournament? Wait I should really be asking Pharaoh.Pch

-!-

Smash Lord
make it snake vs olimar and its a match

just keep in mind i dont really play brawl anymore
wtf Olimar lol i have had bad experiences with them but sure man its a deal :) I gotta learn the match up and Up tilt at like 50% lol if I get close to you that is >_>

-!-

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
Olimar in full

1) Run away from opponent
2) Sacrifice more minions

That's about it

snake jab kills lachers there goes number 2..and snake nades can keep u contained...

olimar is better vs snake at low damage

combo vs snake never fails..

d-throw 2 f-smash 2 d-throw 2 u-smash..always works...

beefy how bout this then we do 5 mm each 1 for a dollar..2 out 3...2 melee 2 brawl 1 brawl plus..thats the king of all MMs

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
snake jab kills lachers there goes number 2..and snake nades can keep u contained...

olimar is better vs snake at low damage

combo vs snake never fails..

d-throw 2 f-smash 2 d-throw 2 u-smash..always works...

beefy how bout this then we do 5 mm each 1 for a dollar..2 out 3...2 melee 2 brawl 1 brawl plus..thats the king of all MMs
1 brawl and 2 brawl+ and its a deal also we have to use a different character for every MM deal?

scidadle 1$ mm melee your fox vs my (still unsure which character) but youll know @ least a day or 2 before

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so, i fi go to this, imma need housing for friday night

because id be coming with the vanpool

anyone interested in housing me friday night?

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Beefy, if you're going to main falcon play him right. When you read them you gotta know what to do, it's not just flailing your **** around and hoping you kill them (falcon punching). You gotta do it right. If you want my opinion play a character like... shiek or someone who has easy fundamentals and THEN main falcon. Falcon is a hard 1st main because he's an advanced character.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
so, i fi go to this, imma need housing for friday night

because id be coming with the vanpool

anyone interested in housing me friday night?
Actually, I think I may need housing for Friday, too. My birthday is on the day after this tourney, so I'd like to come back home Saturday night if possible.

:069:

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
Beefy, if you're going to main falcon play him right. When you read them you gotta know what to do, it's not just flailing your **** around and hoping you kill them (falcon punching). You gotta do it right. If you want my opinion play a character like... shiek or someone who has easy fundamentals and THEN main falcon. Falcon is a hard 1st main because he's an advanced character.
he needs to stick wit falcon in that match vs u...ok sheik is e-z to play wit but he cant play her better than he can wit falcon..even if he reads sh.it about sheik what is that gonna help???he alrdy read everthing bout falcon and he dont no how to string stuff together ..it will be like when u 1st picked up fox i was rapein u than u started to learn fox's strongg points in that match up...

Actually, I think I may need housing for Friday, too. My birthday is on the day after this tourney, so I'd like to come back home Saturday night if possible.

beefys house

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Oh I know gabe.

But I'm just sayin

And I never read anything on fox. I just learned spacing better got my tech skill down a lil bit more and got smarter and more mindgamey

(Also it took me like 2 weeks and it's taken beefy.... too long lol. Falcon is a really hard character to play)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i dont feel right with someone else telling me to stay at beefys house. id rather him say it

Scidadle

Smash Champion
LOL.

Gdx don't worry. Beefy's mad cool, he's seriously nice to everyone. And so is his mom

I get where you're coming from though.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
anyone want to $50 mm in melee?
lets do this. An oh dont worry money will be there (week before actually atleast almost by this Ill have all of it paid)

lol dont accept the MM buddy, ill just get an easy fitty back

TO BEEFY:

Your mind must mature first to be a Falcon. Gotta feel an see it.

You see it now. Pro falcs all about mindgames/punishing with a small window of oppurtunity, takin that an making it into a combo (which is all about reads)

Then once with damage baiting or being patient, or going darkrain. Or Jeff on amarda on final D.

Controlling momentum an not being controlled.

Speed = power. Speed on screen an speed in the mind...Thats the key.

Get the tech to perfection, an in all honesty captain is technically difficult due to the need to be precise an consistent in very pressure filled situations with tight windows of escape.

Once tech is down, the mind will come with it.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
lol i only do that when everyones foolin around or if jiggs misses a rest

also i think ive gotten quite a bit better since my fest i actually have a few training partners (my brother and chris) who play samus and mario respectively also my brothers samus is getting better and were both beating eachother now (since hes been into melee i used to be 3 stocking him or something hes learned FAST!!!!)

also i consider myself a TRUE falcon main only since winterfest and before winterfest i havent really taken any time whatsoever to practice any technical skill, comboes, or anything of the sort i just played falcon because he seemed fun so i consider myself 1 1/2 months to learn to play falcon properly

thanks for putting that into perspective mike reading that even though i feel like im getting the picture alot better now did tell me something

and GDX if u need it ill gladly house you

1 more thing I STILL SUCK VS SPACIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scidadle

Smash Champion
God beefy.

You shouldn't lose to him.

****IT BEEFY

(You just suck vs my spacies. they're sexy. except my falco. so that's just my fox then)

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
God beefy.

You shouldn't lose to him.

****IT BEEFY
hey hes gettin good were both learning from eachother also

and i do truely suck vs spacies my friend chris also plays falco

i got u polt

Top Bottom