• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs jiggs

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
If a Jigglypuff you're facing is good at resting you out of knee, jump at her to bait the rest then airdodge through her at point blank range. That's not spammable, obviously.

Hax

Smash Champion
battlefield is the best stage vs jiggs, it gives the most room for you to move out of any stage while not being too big for jiggs to live forever

if she's planking either punch the opponent in the mouth or ledgecancel bair to bair and slide onto her ledge. hence planking doesn't really work in this game imo

G~low

Smash Apprentice
battlefield is the best stage vs jiggs, it gives the most room for you to move out of any stage while not being too big for jiggs to live forever

if she's planking either punch the opponent in the mouth or ledgecancel bair to bair and slide onto her ledge. hence planking doesn't really work in this game imo
Agreed. I always do great there vs. Puff,
Wavelands everywhere to run and some room to combo.

And planking isn't to much of a problem I just tend to be alittle more cautious and try and space bairs perfectly.

D

Deleted member

if you are afraid of doing down-throw knee cuz of rest do a back-air instead (unless they do some weird DI)

The W

Smash Rookie
This is kind of a doc strategy, but it applies well to falcon in this match.

DON'T DOUBLE JUMP ON STAGE UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET HIT.

Jiggs gimps falcon extremely easily, and the last thing you want to do is make it easy for Jiggs. You really should try to avoid being hit in the air in general, but thats hard to do with such an aerial oriented character.

I like that D-Throw->Fakeout->Falcon Punch trick. I'll make sure to try it at my next tourney.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I think you can weak knee -> grab at 0% and stomp-> grab at 0 as well.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
This is some advice I got from Elen and Trees (the Falcons from Too Manly for Brawl): D-throw knee if you can, but if you're unsure, go for d-throw up-air. Depending on the DI they do for the up-air, you can probably either up-air again or go for a knee, depending. Never d-air out of d-throw, but instead try to d-air her while she's in the air and tech-chase her from there.

Most things are very DI dependent in this matchup, so I do everything almost everything on reaction. A Puff player brought this up to me when I kept changing things up after the d-throw, as apparently it's something Falcons rarely do (apparently he's only met three Falcons who do it, including me, which I found odd). I also don't have a ton of experience in the Puff matchup, so I take what I say with a grain of salt.

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs can rest you outta d-throw uair if u follow her with it try to retreat with the uair dnt run in, it's good to d-throw n FJ in the same spot to uair/knee dnt follow her or she can rest you.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
This is some advice I got from Elen and Trees (the Falcons from Too Manly for Brawl): D-throw knee if you can, but if you're unsure, go for d-throw up-air. Depending on the DI they do for the up-air, you can probably either up-air again or go for a knee, depending. Never d-air out of d-throw, but instead try to d-air her while she's in the air and tech-chase her from there.

Most things are very DI dependent in this matchup, so I do everything almost everything on reaction. A Puff player brought this up to me when I kept changing things up after the d-throw, as apparently it's something Falcons rarely do (apparently he's only met three Falcons who do it, including me, which I found odd). I also don't have a ton of experience in the Puff matchup, so I take what I say with a grain of salt.
Dude, what are you saying? Do you have any experience in the matchup? I'm going to have to take what you said with a grain of salt, or maybe two.

concaib

Smash Rookie
Can anyone suggest the correct DI to use if jiggz is going for the uthrow > rest? (or is it dthrow?) I use the PAL version if its any different (dont think it is for this specific thing though :/) Thanks ^^

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
jiggs doesnt have a guaranteed u-throw rest on falcon i believe u-throw>uair>rest MIGHT work but dont put $ on it considering the falcon has to b @ 0 for that to be even possible to work

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
U-throw u-air rest works at more than just 0, but they can DI out of it. Alot of time I think it catches falcon off guard though.

concaib

Smash Rookie
jiggs doesnt have a guaranteed u-throw rest on falcon i believe u-throw>uair>rest MIGHT work but dont put $ on it considering the falcon has to b @ 0 for that to be even possible to work
U-throw u-air rest works at more than just 0, but they can DI out of it. Alot of time I think it catches falcon off guard though.
Ah ok thanks very much guys ^^

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
<3 u-air
When i play jiggz
Playing aggressive screws me over. falcon's amazing speed allows you to space easy, although jiggz air game is pretty ****. I use Falcon's faster moves like u-air and b-air to rack up %. combo with Two aerials can be common, but going for the third one is usually hard for me. since her d-air is pretty fugly I like to keep my jiggz in the air while staying right beneath, u-airing when the time is right. Throwing out random smashes can sometimes lead to a lucky kill at low % since they didnt expect to DI.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
hey i just saw a month old post from hax saying bf gave the most room to move around without being so big she lives forever so its the best, but isnt stadium bigger on the platform and smaller on the walls/ceiling therefore better?

thats the one i always like to take jiggs to, ive seen a lot of jiggs take me and other falcons to bf when they arent using brinstar or w/e. i know sliq and hbox at least used to do it

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
i remember someone pointed out jiggs camping under the left or right platform what was it again lol?

also if a jiggs di's a dthrow up at killing%, what kind of knee will hit them? i have trouble with landing that decisive knee with that kind of DI

Tyson651

Smash Lord
also if a jiggs di's a dthrow up at killing%, what kind of knee will hit them? i have trouble with landing that decisive knee with that kind of DI
none.

ull just get rested out of knee.

just kidding. though u should be warey of it. if u feel like u cant space the knee properly after the dthrow, go for uair. its safe.

i think full jump knee would do it though. but DI backwards a bit to "tipper" the knee so u dont get rested.

Sliq

Smash Master
hey i just saw a month old post from hax saying bf gave the most room to move around without being so big she lives forever so its the best, but isnt stadium bigger on the platform and smaller on the walls/ceiling therefore better?

thats the one i always like to take jiggs to, ive seen a lot of jiggs take me and other falcons to bf when they arent using brinstar or w/e. i know sliq and hbox at least used to do it
Battlefield is generally my neutral of choice. I like that stage, it's fun.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i really enjoy playing jiggs on BF. The platforms set up for a lot of openings that you normally don't have. Like drop through Bair ***** jiggs that like to CC under plats.

D

Deleted member

conservative:

down-throw --> up-air

not a pu$sy:

down-throw --> b-air (running b-air works and comes out faster than knee 99% of the time)

risky if you aren't fast:

down-throw --> knee

Top Bottom