• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

Mr. Grey

Smash Cadet
This is my first time going to one of these, would someone care to explain how the stage selection works at the E-spot. Will it be random pick, then vote to ban- or vote to ban then random pick? I'm not sure how it works and since I use G&W a lot i don't wanna screw myself over with gay stages.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
This is my first time going to one of these, would someone care to explain how the stage selection works at the E-spot. Will it be random pick, then vote to ban- or vote to ban then random pick? I'm not sure how it works and since I use G&W a lot i don't wanna screw myself over with gay stages.
after picking characters, you choose what stage you want to ban and what stage you want to stage strike. Stage strike is when you block off a stage from coming up on random within the first round of the time, but if it comes up again, you would have to play that stage). (ex: I stage strike FD. the random Picks FD, but we exit and radom again. It's a different stage that hasn't been stage striked nor banned. we play that stage for first round)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Yeah let's make sure these rules are 100% what we are using because I'm printing them out for day of, because I have a feeling some ppl are not gonna know what's going on and I mostly mean locals.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
So...I'm just going to mention again that we need TV's!

• I believe Doom is bringing two.
  • Alex may be bringing one...possibly (?)
  • Pope is bringing one? I think?

PLEASE CONFIRMMMMMMMMMMMM and if anyone else is bringing one PLEASE POST!

And of course Wii's/Brawl...please post. JKDALJFLKSA

I know I am bringing one Wii

And if anyone has component cables please bring. I need to keep track so please post up :)

*note* I pray I'm getting my Melee disk back on this day but I hope someone can bring a copy and a memory card. Like I said I'm trying to designate at least one tv for Melee. WHOOOOSH!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
So...I'm just going to mention again that we need TV's!

• I believe Doom is bringing two.
  • Alex may be bringing one...possibly (?)
  • Pope is bringing one? I think?

PLEASE CONFIRMMMMMMMMMMMM and if anyone else is bringing one PLEASE POST!

And of course Wii's/Brawl...please post. JKDALJFLKSA

I know I am bringing one Wii

And if anyone has component cables please bring. I need to keep track so please post up :)

*note* I pray I'm getting my Melee disk back on this day but I hope someone can bring a copy and a memory card. Like I said I'm trying to designate at least one tv for Melee. WHOOOOSH!
I should be bringing my Wii, Melee & Brawl Discs, GCN Memory Card, Extra component cables for my Gamebridge that'll be hooked up to my laptop, and all the Melee practice you could ask for. I, in fact, doubt I'll play that much Brawl.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I don't think there's gonna be any room for smash 64 until maybe the VERY end of the tourny...maybe.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
There is always room for 64...

Or atleast there should always be...

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Maybe at a smash 64 tourny lol jking

Seriously though I promised a Melee set up and that's gonna happen. I didn't promise a smash 64 set up, if there's extra space at the end, then yes.

Mrs.BlackWaltzX

Smash Journeyman
I have a mini TV that may be used for this tournament in case an extra one is still needed. But I'm missing the AC/DC Adaptor cable that is needed. :\ I could try to find one online before tournament day so that Waltz may bring it with him there. He will also bring Pikachu!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I have a mini TV that may be used for this tournament in case an extra one is still needed. But I'm missing the AC/DC Adaptor cable that is needed. :\ I could try to find one online before tournament day so that Waltz may bring it with him there. He will also bring Pikachu!

what kind of adapter is it if i see a pic i might know to get one

Mrs.BlackWaltzX

Smash Journeyman
It's not an AC/DC Adapter.. stupid me. It says AC/DC Input. It has 5 pegs sticking out. 2 on the left side, and 3 on the right. I'm trying to look for a picture of what the plug may look like, but I'm not having any luck.

--
EDIT::

I'm guessing that it's going to look something like this

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
hey ref are we crashing this room from now on lol
What?

Anyway...

I don't know if I'm even going to enter the tourney or just sit there and play smash 64...

I will be coming though.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Ref, honestly if you're not going to be entering you shouldn't come. I can't promise you smash 64 at all, you should just go to Sensei's smash 64 tourny if that's all you're going to do. There's no need to take up extra space at the venue.

Cia

das kwl
LOL, yeah, sensei's tournament is melee/ smash 64 (i've never seen anything more anti-brawl.. hahaha)

teco - we should play brawl for like.. an hour. just so we can top 3 :laugh:

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
P.C Chris and other melee players scare me at times.... I would go to sensei's but I'll be the guy sitting in the corner at both because I'm so bad at melee... Then I'll just play smash 64 then get combod by some pikachu and lose. Plus I'll know like nobody there....

If I go to sensei's I might as well end up following my plan to quit brawl and get my melee skills back and play 64.

and who wants to talk to some kid who gets 4 stocked in melee, but is pretty decent if not good at 64...

In this I get to be the guy watching all the matches telling people not to do stuff and what to do.

Plus I'll pay venue fee at this, and I might enter...

I'm also driving bum and blackanese to this.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
It's not an AC/DC Adapter.. stupid me. It says AC/DC Input. It has 5 pegs sticking out. 2 on the left side, and 3 on the right. I'm trying to look for a picture of what the plug may look like, but I'm not having any luck.

--
EDIT::

I'm guessing that it's going to look something like this
wow havent seen those in a while since my editing days at forhdam

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Alex, King Dedede's walking and standing chaingrabs are banned right?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
P.C Chris and other melee players scare me at times.... I would go to sensei's but I'll be the guy sitting in the corner at both because I'm so bad at melee... Then I'll just play smash 64 then get combod by some pikachu and lose. Plus I'll know like nobody there....

If I go to sensei's I might as well end up following my plan to quit brawl and get my melee skills back and play 64.

and who wants to talk to some kid who gets 4 stocked in melee, but is pretty decent if not good at 64...

In this I get to be the guy watching all the matches telling people not to do stuff and what to do.

Plus I'll pay venue fee at this, and I might enter...

I'm also driving bum and blackanese to this.
Whether you're good or not shouldn't be an issue, you should play for the love of the game and for the interest of getting better. But like I said pushing Smash 64 and not coming to enter is something I'm not in favor of, especially when there's a Smash 64 event running the same day as this =P if you don't know anyone then you should get to know them.

Either way, the venue isn't the biggest place in the world and I'd rather have ppl entering there and using all potential tv's.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I still need to bring Bum and blackanese to this so why drive back and forth... Plus I'm trying to support Alex' tourney... Smash 64 is a bonus and I like take it to almost every tourney...

I like P.C Chris but he is scary either way.

I like everyone but they are scary too.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I still need to bring Bum and blackanese to this so why drive back and forth... Plus I'm trying to support Alex' tourney... Smash 64 is a bonus and I like take it to almost every tourney...

I like P.C Chris but he is scary either way.

I like everyone but they are scary too.
chris is cool peeps u kidding me..

Top Bottom