• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Mafia - X1-12 lynched! Town wins! X1-12, Indie survivor, wins a bit less!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You can very much pressure with fake votes if you get a good point across. You may have no voting power, but we sure do!

MK said:
@Xsyven, for what purpose would telling you this information serve if I was an indie? Scum knows they could keep my around forever, town knows I'm useless and expendable, so if I were indie, why would I explicitly state all this information for you all to utilize and comprehend before a more detrimental situation arises?
Town is literally going to ignore your involvement in this game if they buy your claim. Something about you is suspicious, but I don't think it's scumspicious. Too early to tell anything yet-- just keep playing, and make sure to contribute and let us know who you WOULD be voting for.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Gorditoboy69: Someone, I think Vanderzant, asked me what I thought of 'Gord' (you), insinuating that you may be considered scummy, I said you are just you, its the way you have always started games in my eyes, i.e not scummy (null)

@Gordito: Will you ride with me on this Wagon? lets get it started!

Vote: Gorditoboy89

lol j/k

Unvote
Vote:J

Letsa go!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Vote: J

Hi, I'm going to be less lenient on your acitivty this game than I was in oddworld. Please post soon and post on recent developments. Specifically what do think of Dastrn's push and then backing away from you? Scum or null tell?

@vander well now that I've answered, what are your thoughts on Gordito?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sigh.
I understand what everyone is saying about me backing off. I thought I was communicating clearly that my vote was about 80% serious. With that said, i'm aware that we were in JVS when I made that post, and that it was too early to make serious votes, unless they were pseudo-serious and based on meta. I almost ALWAYS make a pseudo-serious vote early in JVS to get things going. It's just what I do. I didn't expect anyone to not understand that. I felt diplomatically addressing the concern and moving on to a FOS was a fair way of demonstrating that I understood the concept and that others understood my pressure.

With all of that said, no, I'm not afraid of a little pressure. The quickness with which people jump to scumreads in games like this is always a little surprising to me, but I suppose that's the whole point of mafia, right?

In Oddworld mafia, the bandwagon was on J d1 for cruising, and I got a scum read on Joanbud, and so I led the discussion off of J and onto a much better lynch candidate, and we nailed scum D1. kudos to me. The reason I backed off J and FOS'ed Zen is because I will always vote for active scummy behavior before I vote for passive anti-town behavior. Scan me in Oddworld if you think I'm lying.

The point of JVS is to get reactions and analyze. I got a rise out of Zen for my behavior, and analyzing his response to me, and (more importantly) his response to the MK situation made me feel like something's not right with him. Hence, my FOS.

I'm not uncomfortable with playing the JVS differently than is standard practice. I think I referenced this before, but Swiss fakeclaimed N0 Cop in Oddworld, claimed he got a guilty read on me, and that whole discussion cleared me as town in most people's eyes, and he admitted he was just lying to see how I'd react. That play surprised me, since it was so bold, and I saw how forgivable a quick trick or two can be in JVS. I learned from that and planned to do something unorthodox in my next game (this one) to try to get information.

The information I'm getting is that something is shady with Zen for being so willing to explore bringing down a punishment on town, combined with his reactions to my swings so far.

vote: zen

@MK - You are indie. Stop trying to sound as harmless to both sides as possible. You're lying about your "i can't hurt anyone and it makes me sad" bit.

@ Edreeses I hope we are on the same faction often in mafia games. I like your style. [/asskiss]
@UTDZac you've been pretty quiet. What are your thoughts on MK's claim and his general mood about his claim? Believable to you?

X1-12

Smash Champion

@MK - You are indie. Stop trying to sound as harmless to both sides as possible. You're lying about your "i can't hurt anyone and it makes me sad" bit.

@ Edreeses I hope we are on the same faction often in mafia games. I like your style. [/asskiss]
@UTDZac you've been pretty quiet. What are your thoughts on MK's claim and his general mood about his claim? Believable to you?
Firstly I Think you mean RVS - Random voting stage?

Also, in bold: stop trying to act like you're cello or something ¬¬

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Let's run through my whole emotion through the post, X1 :p.

@Gorditoboy69: Someone, I think Vanderzant, asked me what I thought of 'Gord' (you), insinuating that you may be considered scummy, I said you are just you, its the way you have always started games in my eyes, i.e not scummy (null)
I'm naturally scummy? Lol, didn't realize. I guess that's why OS was comparing me to SSBF in Community xD.

@Gordito: Will you ride with me on this Wagon? lets get it started!

Vote: Gorditoboy89

lol j/k

Unvote
Vote:J

Letsa go!
I literally lol'd. Gorditoboy89?

But in all seriousness, I agree with the J pressure. Maybe not THIS early, but if he doesn't say anything by the end of the night, I'm for sure putting that vote up.

@Van, how do you feel about pressuring inactives? About LYNCHING inactives?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Let's run through my whole emotion through the post, X1 :p.

I'm naturally scummy? Lol, didn't realize. I guess that's why OS was comparing me to SSBF in Community xD.

I literally lol'd. Gorditoboy89?

But in all seriousness, I agree with the J pressure. Maybe not THIS early, but if he doesn't say anything by the end of the night, I'm for sure putting that vote up.

apologies about the 89 thing

in terms of being naturally scummy, well your opening posts tend to be a bit fluffy but meh not quite scummy in my book.

anyway

wagon him

Pretend I'm Swiss asking you to do this

Here I'm the N0 cop and got guilty on him

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vote Count:
Sir Bedevere (1) - GorditoBoy69
Zen (1) - J
Xsyven (1) - Sir Bedevere
Dastrn (2) - Xsyven, Vanderzant
X1-12 (2) - Zen, UTDZac
EdreesesPieces (1) - Rajam
J (2) - X1-12, EdreesesPieces

Not Voting:
Dastrn, Meta-Kirby

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, Oct. 6th, at 3:00 p.m. EST

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
vote: xsyven
as payback for ruining my indie play in a Broom game and getting grumpy about it.

#HBC | Gorf

@X1

Yea, well, too bad ur not, and don't worry. J's gonna end up being inactive, and he's gonna get my vote fast.

Here I'm the N0 cop and got guilty on him
Duh... I'm Gordito and I'm gonna believe you :p.

@Mod Dastrn has his vote on Zen, even with that Xsyven vote, since he didn't unvote.

Oh, and

unvote

Since it was RVS. Like that, OS :p?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Dastrn: Ok. Sounds reasonable.

What was ironic about Vanders post?

What did you not like about my responce, hm?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Unvote

/RVS

@Dastrn: Is it possible for you not to use orange color text? It's hard for me to read with my SWF skin. And to answer your question I'm fine with believing MK's claim as of now. His restriction isn't a threat to town's ability to vote/lynch, at least not yet. Once we get to lylo, however, it will cause some problems (As pointed out by others earlier). What concerns me is what his other ability my be. Why give a role such an annoying restriction if you aren't going to give him an even weirder ability. Idk, and I won't think much into it, OS game after all ;)

@J's wagon: his/her last post was less than 24hrs ago. I don't understand why that counts as "inactivity." J might just extremely busy with whatever, not having a good size chunk of time to read up on the fast moving discussion so far. Because of this, I feel a bit suspicious towards X1-12 and Edreeses. However, I haven't played many DG mafia games so I don't know if this is the norm (this being: inactive for less than 24hrs --> start wagon).

#HBC | Gorf

@UTD

Read Oddworld Mafia, currently playing.

Summary of why the wagon is starting: EVERYONE on it is in Oddworld. EVERYONE on it is annoyed to no end by J's terrible activity in Oddworld, and don't want to sit through this game letting the inactivity happen. It's not necessarily a wagon YET. More of a way to get J to post some. Especially with his activity elsewhere in SWF.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Mod note:

Games that are ongoing do not exist. Don't discuss ongoing games.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Gordito why are you using ":p" so much?

Vander what were you trying to bait with your first two posts
lol? There's like a zillion DC villains btw so I'm not sure how that post will benefit in the future.

Notes:
Sir Bed is totally invisible so far.

Rajam hasn't posted anything serious unless being asked a question directly.

EP seems like a pretty cool guy.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dastrn: Ok. Sounds reasonable.

What was ironic about Vanders post?

What did you not like about my responce, hm?
The irony is that I was crapping on J for inactivity, and then vanders didn't like it and thought it scummy of me, but his next paragraph was "be active or we'll lynch you."

Sorry for forgetting to unvote. Forgot.

UTD, sorry bro, but I'll probably keep posting in orange. I've been using Orange for like 5 years. Particularly in mafia games, I think it's important. I want to see my own posts quickly. I honestly wish every player would claim a font color each game, so they would easily jump out.

What trouble are you having in particular with the font color? Are you on an unusual device like a cell phone or something?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mod note:

Games that are ongoing do not exist. Don't discuss ongoing games.
What's the scope of that instruction? I can't help but reference recent mafia game activity from time to time, and a few of these players only know me from oddworld mafia (gordito, J, and x1). Should we 100% pretend that game doesn't exist until it's over, or should we just be careful not to reveal anything here?

You know what? I suppose it could be viewed as me giving information to other players in that game ... i get it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I have a white background. Maybe using a darker orange or bolding all of your text... shouldn't be that obnoxious really but it would help me out a lot. I'd post a screenshot but I think those aren't allowed lol.

M.K

Level 55
But just remember: there will be a time where you NEED to be lynched, like before a lylo situation. Sucks, but bring it up with OS
Yeah I don't like this, for obvious reasons.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
derpdaderp
Anyone else notice the irony?
Derp derp why don't you respond to what I said?

Out of the other 11 players in the game, you chose to vote and pressure J. Partially based on reasons from another game, partially based on inactivity (when X1 hadn't even posted by then) which is silly because it was 2 hours into the game.

How did that pressure on J work out with you? Did you get a good read on J's alignment yet? Did J scum slip? Oh wait... that's right!!!! J hasn't even posted yet. What a success!

You know, you might of not even voted J at all. I mean, seriously, you could of been pressuring someone who would respond to your pressure, but you chose someone who you already knew was incredibly inactive.

What's ironic about that?

@Van and Zen

I guess it's cause I'm in Oddworld with both of em, but I don't mind Dastrn's pressure toward J. Although I feel that it was stupid to throw away the pressure, J is an inactive a** kid. Personally, if he keeps up the same inactivity (JUST enough activity to avoid a prod), I want him dead. Dead weight is dead weight.

But WHY, @Dastrn, would you just dump all pressure? I'm probably as cool as you when it comes to getting J to contribute, but to just throw it away? Whatever, he'll probably be inactive sooner or later. Town's gonna see it, and get annoyed.
See the above. Voting and pressuring a player who isn't there is basically not voting at all. it's a good way to look like you're doing something... when you're actually not.

@vander well now that I've answered, what are your thoughts on Gordito?

You see, Gord is pretty hyper active in terms of posting, but he plays (from what I've seen) pretty darn bit reactive. He hasn't been starting too many things, digging for info, pressuring people, etc. I've seen this as a scummy play style before (e.g. Swiss when he's scum, he just asks a lot of questions that he doesn't follow up, or small one liner posts like "K, vander what do you say about this?").

I asked you and X1 because you've played with him before, so as long as this sits with his town play, I'm fine with him. And it's still Day 1 after all.

I don't actually believe you CAN pressure inactives.

You just have to lynch them, or wait for them to be replaced.

If J continues like this, we lynch him. Simple as that. I don't need to waste my breath trying to talk to a ghost.

Vander what were you trying to bait with your first two posts
lol? There's like a zillion DC villains btw so I'm not sure how that post will benefit in the future.

Notes:
Sir Bed is totally invisible so far.

Rajam hasn't posted anything serious unless being asked a question directly.

EP seems like a pretty cool guy.
LOL I just wanted to see if anyone would try and challenge me, like say "omg why you roleclaiming, obvscum." It wasn't actually a breadcrumb or anything (or was it? muhuhahahaha)

And my other bait was when I said something like "I'm happy because I'm not town very often" because obviously scum can say that just as easily XD. But no one wanted to tell me that :(

Agree with those notes too.

@Whoever is on J's wagon: Is there no one else in the games you have a legit suspicion on so far? If not, why aren't you trying to find scum? Why just sheep your vote on J when it will lead... nowhere?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Also to steal frozen's line

wtfamireading.jpg

FoS: Whoever is saying that we have to lynch MK before LYLO, but at the same time think he's town.

WHY WOULD WE WASTE A LYNCH ON SOMEONE WHO WE THINK IS A TOWNIE, WHEN WE CAN BE LYNCHING SCUM INSTEAD???

I'd much rather try and hit scum then have the mentality "oh no, MK can't vote, we can't have him alive!!!"

That is incredibly dumb. I mean, sure if we think he's scum we should lynch him, but until then we treat him like everyone else.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
/Sorry for triple post

Sigh.
I understand what everyone is saying about me backing off. I thought I was communicating clearly that my vote was about 80% serious. With that said, i'm aware that we were in JVS when I made that post, and that it was too early to make serious votes, unless they were pseudo-serious and based on meta. I almost ALWAYS make a pseudo-serious vote early in JVS to get things going. It's just what I do. I didn't expect anyone to not understand that. I felt diplomatically addressing the concern and moving on to a FOS was a fair way of demonstrating that I understood the concept and that others understood my pressure.

That's fine and all. I'm all for using your vote to pressure people. Even if you don't think they should be lynched, making them think that is an important tool.

It's that you picked J... of all people, which makes me a bit suspect.

With all of that said, no, I'm not afraid of a little pressure. The quickness with which people jump to scumreads in games like this is always a little surprising to me, but I suppose that's the whole point of mafia, right?

In Oddworld mafia, the bandwagon was on J d1 for cruising, and I got a scum read on Joanbud, and so I led the discussion off of J and onto a much better lynch candidate, and we nailed scum D1. kudos to me. The reason I backed off J and FOS'ed Zen is because I will always vote for active scummy behavior before I vote for passive anti-town behavior. Scan me in Oddworld if you think I'm lying.

The point of JVS is to get reactions and analyze. I got a rise out of Zen for my behavior, and analyzing his response to me, and (more importantly) his response to the MK situation made me feel like something's not right with him. Hence, my FOS.

I'm not uncomfortable with playing the JVS differently than is standard practice. I think I referenced this before, but Swiss fakeclaimed N0 Cop in Oddworld, claimed he got a guilty read on me, and that whole discussion cleared me as town in most people's eyes, and he admitted he was just lying to see how I'd react. That play surprised me, since it was so bold, and I saw how forgivable a quick trick or two can be in JVS. I learned from that and planned to do something unorthodox in my next game (this one) to try to get information.

The information I'm getting is that something is shady with Zen for being so willing to explore bringing down a punishment on town, combined with his reactions to my swings so far.

vote: zen

That's cool. If you think Zen is scum you should definitely pursue it.

Do you believe MK is telling the truth about his role? Or do you think he's a different kind of indy, but is trying a gambit that seemingly makes town want to lynch him?

M.K

Level 55
Nobody has answered me the logical reason I would have for warning the town of my restriction and telling them all this information if I was indie.

All these "U r indie" claims you're just pulling out of your ***.

#HBC | Gorf

Ur not indie, MK -_-. No indie would get a restriction like that. That'd be too weighted against you.

What I said came out wrong. And now that I think about it, there really IS no reason to just vote you off. I mean, in a lylo situation town's screwed, but if we're good enough, we won't even need to get to that.

@Zen

Gordito why are you using ";p" so much?
Force of habit.

@Van

I don't know. I'm more of a reactive rather than proactive personality. I'm working on it, but meh, it'll hopefully get better in time. I KNOW I can be really good at this game, but idk how to approach it. AND NO, I'M NOT PULLING THE NOOB CARD lol. I should hopefully start to get the ball rolling soon.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
guys i am incredible sorry but I was at a Hockey game today from when i gor off school till now and i have to go to sleep. I would post a pic as on me being there but i dont think thats allowed =x

i do wanna comment on a few things when i do, especially to the problems with my "inactivity"

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ur not indie, MK -_-. No indie would get a restriction like that. That'd be too weighted against you.
Posting in bold to see if that helps UTD at all.

Gordito, you're missing the point. I'm saying he's indie and that he DOESN'T have that restriction. I think he is PRETENDING to have the restriction so that by D2 we've all forgotten about him since he's powerless.

(My caps are for emphasis, not for sarcasm or anger. I'd use bold, but well...

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Van

I don't know. I'm more of a reactive rather than proactive personality. I'm working on it, but meh, it'll hopefully get better in time. I KNOW I can be really good at this game, but idk how to approach it. AND NO, I'M NOT PULLING THE NOOB CARD lol. I should hopefully start to get the ball rolling soon.
Yeah I know, it's ok. I know I had a hard time being proactive when I first started. The tell I'm talking about has more weight in experienced players for sure. That's why I wanted to ask people to see if it fits in with your meta.

You're no where near being a lynch candidate for me toDay. Just try and scum hunt. I know you're active enough that if you are scum, I'm confident I'll be able to get that read on you (or someone else will).

guys i am incredible sorry but I was at a Hockey game today from when i gor off school till now and i have to go to sleep. I would post a pic as on me being there but i dont think thats allowed =x

i do wanna comment on a few things when i do, especially to the problems with my "inactivity"
I don't think there is a rule about posting pictures lol.

M.K

Level 55
Posting in bold to see if that helps UTD at all.

Gordito, you're missing the point. I'm saying he's indie and that he DOESN'T have that restriction. I think he is PRETENDING to have the restriction so that by D2 we've all forgotten about him since he's powerless.

(My caps are for emphasis, not for sarcasm or anger. I'd use bold, but well...
Why would people forget about me? >_> Your acting like I can just sit back the rest of the game, which I cannot. Multiple people already express interest in my lynch before LYLO, and although stupid, proves that people are keeping me in mind.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Inactive players are a problem, but they're Overswarm's problem to begin with. If they're not going to play at all, I'd rather they were replaced than killed off. If they're posting barely enough to get past the prod limit, and not contributing witht their few and far between posts, THAT'S when we have a problem. The game is still too young to be *****ing about inactives yet, y'all.

MK, you think your claim protects us from thinking you're an indie, yet we son't know if your posting restriction is even legit yet. If you're indie, you want us to think you can't be indie, and that's where we are now. As I've said before, time and results are the only things that speak truth in this game, so I'm waiting for somethin (or nothing) to happen with you before I persue anything.

If any of this post is fuvkedup, its because I'm typing on my phone between cues at work.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
MK, you think your claim protects us from thinking you're an indie, yet we son't know if your posting restriction is even legit yet. If you're indie, you want us to think you can't be indie, and that's where we are now. As I've said before, time and results are the only things that speak truth in this game, so I'm waiting for somethin (or nothing) to happen with you before I persue anything.

If any of this post is fuvkedup, its because I'm typing on my phone between cues at work.
Both of you, why do you think MK is indy specifically? Why could he not just be regular scum? How did you make that differentiation?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Dastrn pick up your game man and stop playing so scummy. Why are you still "JVing"?? Going from a vote on me to an unofficial vote on xsy, what's that about? And why are you not answering what you didn't like about my responce?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Dastrn - Thanks, but if your scum, I'm onto you for trying to get on my good side ;)

Vander - I like those observations on Gordito's reactive vs active play. Don't think scum would point something like that out.

Rajam - You said I'm all nice when I play scum. I hope you keep this in mind and call me out when I'm too nice in this game, otherwise I might consider that you said this just to try to make yourself look like you are pro town and are pointing random things about meta out. ie, i hope you had real purpose in saying that and follow through with it. Yeah?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
J there is no need to post pics. Pictures are easily photoshopped, or it can be a pic from 3 years ago for all we know. Don't worry about posting it, don't waste your time.

When you do get here I'd still like an answer for post #123.

X1-12

Smash Champion
lol, there goes my wagon

@Vand; pressuring inactives does have its place. For example if when J posted just then he was at L-2 then he would be much more inclined to post some content straight away, this also may lead to him being panicked and slipping up, always good.

wrt to MK and LYLO, if it gets to 2 townies and MK vs 2 scum, scum win. i'm not saying he's our lynch for today, nor am I saying I 100% beleive him but just be aware of this.

Unvote
Vote: Zen

Your #136 is rolefishing and I don't like it

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Also @Xsyven your last post that I quoted is textbook WIFOM.
That's the point I was trying to get across, MK's whole situation is textbook WIFOM. I've already said twice that I'm suspicious of him, but not interested in taking action until we have more results to make a better judgement.

So basically, he's on my radar, but moreso for Day 2 than today, since all we have today is speculation. If he's this useless for town during the day (can't vote for scum if they don't vote for him), I'm guessing he has something pretty special he can do at night. If we don't see anything glaringly apparent happen at night, that's when we ask him to vote for someone who isn't voting for him. What happens after that is how we continue to play the game.

vanderzant said:
Both of you, why do you think MK is indy specifically? Why could he not just be regular scum? How did you make that differentiation?
Just an offhand speculation. The guy is too useless for the town for me to believe he has a town role. Still gonna wait on it, but that's how I'm feeling at the moment.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zen, I think I already covered your question, but I'll try again.

I didn't like in general how you responded to MK's claim. You seemed comfortable with him violating a game rule for information. I think a better response to MK's claim is to assume that something fishy is going on since it's unusual. The "something fishy" that I picked up is that MK wants to appear harmless to both town and scum. So he designed himself a restriction that would let him play like an indie and have an excuse that he admitted to at the very beginning of the game.

With all of that said, I DON'T think we should be considering a MK lynch yet. We need to scumhunt before we can indie-hunt. That's why I FOS'ed you instead of MK. Cause I think your flippant attitude towards the posting restriction and the consequences of breaking it are scummy.

My unvote -> FOS was already explained in my post regarding my intent to be unorthodox in the joke vote stage. I intend to get a rise out of people and see what happens. My switch to xsyven fits with that. yes, it was a joke vote, but it was mad LATE for a joke vote. I wanted to see how he, you, and others would respond to it.

I'm going to stop explaining every little thing I do now. It detracts from the whole point of getting twitch reactions out of people. I guess you can either like it or not.

Top Bottom