• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Mafia - X1-12 lynched! Town wins! X1-12, Indie survivor, wins a bit less!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Gord: I know I just don't want him hiding behind his role. Like someone claiming miller and riding it to endgame. Not that he's done that so far. My gut tells me he's probably telling the truth though. So I most certainly don't want to lynch him based on his role.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Oh wow MK that seems dumb.

Also FOS: Rajam Xsyven for ignoring my questions

@Zen stop skimming the OP please

@Mod: Request Vote Count
I'm skimming my phone at work!

I've played a bunch in the BRoom and other places. I've never actually completed a game in here though. :d

I'll post a real post when I get home, y'all.

M.K

Level 55
I mean, I get what you are saying, and i'm frustrated too because it basically removes me from any sort of power position, ability to pressure, or anything remotely considered beneficial to town. It's set the air that I'm useless, and I'm an asset to scum >_> Very, very annoying.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I think I'm comfortable with MK's claim. Maybe if like, sometime before lylo we don't have any good lynches and MK's done nothing, then yeah, we can lynch him, but for now I feel comfortable enough with the way things have played out that I don't think he's the play toDay or anytime soon.

As for MK not revealing it right away, I don't think it means much. In Sonic mafia, I did not initially reveal my suspicion that there was a mafia recruiting role until someone pushed me on it, and I was town. Yeah, that's not exactly the same (and I was wrong lol), but it shows that town doesn't always necessarily reveal information they think town should know right away (although they probably should lololol).

@X1 where you at

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Vander - I don't think the fact that meta kirby waited an extra 2 hours into the game to reveal his post restrition is a scum tell .I feel it to be a null tell, scum if they were to fake such a claim isn't any more or less likely to do it immediately or wait 2 hours. Doesn't make a difference

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Making up this claim is definitely something that would benefit what I've come to know as MKs scum play- cruising like hell. And I agree that it's odd that MK happened to have this restriction after you pressuring him Vand. Especially since in his post before he said that he would vote if the argument was good enough.

The thing is, we can test if his claim is legit simply by having him vote.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Ok I guess we all agree then :rolleyes:

@Zen: Yes I agree. The role restriction seems to fit in with MK's playstyle lol.

Also to clarify Zen you said earlier "Gord and MK into Day 2"

What about Gord are you fine with so far/or makes you think he's town/whatever you meant by that statement

@MK: Remember you can still FoS people. You should treat a FoS like a regular vote.

So we're just waiting on X1 now?

Mad at no one taking my 1st/2nd post bait. You're all too cautious :p.

@Rajam: Can you tell me any of your completed games here in Dgames? And what alignment you were there?

M.K

Level 55
I'd like to FoS : Dangr for bringing up something that's happening as another game as reason to lynch someone here. Even if inactivity spans multiple games, the situations are different.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
OK... I lack quote ability but the jump from #29 to the claim of a post restriction in #34 is pretty huge. MK why did you give off the vibe that you would be able to vote if you wanted to?

In your post after that you say that you CANT vote while your post 29 clearly implies that you could at will. Hmm??

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
and by have you vote I mean have you do the command and then request a vote count. If your vote shows then you are lying about the restriction, and if it doesn't then you are not. Simple right?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I know an easy way to prevent MK from coasting. MK should proceed as if he can vote, but instead of typing Vote just type "Psuedo Vote" And we all know it's not your real vote, but it's who you would have vote if not for the restriction. In addition OS can't penalize you for "Psuedo voting".

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Meta Kirby does your restriction say that you "can not vote unless being voted" or does it say "your vote will not count unless you are being voted"

Also EP/X1 when you get here, give me your thoughts on Gord so far.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Zen he already said he gets penalized for voting despite his restriction. it says it in the rules as well, and Gordito boy pointed it out. Basically its been said 3 times, catch up on the reading.

M.K

Level 55
OK... I lack quote ability but the jump from #29 to the claim of a post restriction in #34 is pretty huge. MK why did you give off the vibe that you would be able to vote if you wanted to?

In your post after that you say that you CANT vote while your post 29 clearly implies that you could at will. Hmm??
Vand asks me about my voting TENDENCIES throughout games. I tend not to use my vote very often
You forget I have the ability to vote, it's just the fact that I need to vote someone who's on my wagon. My tendency not to vote unless I have a strong suspicion stays. That happens when I have my voice and my vote. I don't have my vote, but I still have my voice.

and by have you vote I mean have you do the command and then request a vote count. If your vote shows then you are lying about the restriction, and if it doesn't then you are not. Simple right?
Again, I CAN vote somebody else. I could vote you right now, I would just come under a punishment for not obeying my restriction. I don't think I'm willing to do that to prove a point.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@Van- I like the confidence in his posts and I get a general town vibe from him. If he's scum, he's super pro at it.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
In another OS game, "hidden penalities" sometimes consisted of a "hidden vote" meaning it could potentially do bad things like put someone at N-1 to lynch, where N is normally the number of votes to lynch. He's got some pretty rough penalties. One time I posted in the night phase and the penalty was to give mafia a bonus safe claim, when he didn't ever have one in the first place. Basically OS penalties can be rough for town I wouldn't risk it for town.

My thoughts on Gordito? His play is decent for the first few hours of the game. He's addressing many players and many topics. I like that he's vocal on different issues rather than tunneling into one or two topics. Hope he continues that play through the game.

M.K

Level 55
Meta Kirby does your restriction say that you "can not vote unless being voted" or does it say "your vote will not count unless you are being voted"

Also EP/X1 when you get here, give me your thoughts on Gord so far.
My vote says I can only vote for someone who is already voting for me. If I do otherwise, I face a punishment. If I were to vote someone and they unvote me, I may keep my vote on them.

The restriction is called "Pride".

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
EP I realize that lol. I'm just saying that if MK starts playing scummy we could just have him vote and see if it shows and have him take the penalty if it's legit.

Rajam

Smash Champion
@Rajam: Can you tell me any of your completed games here in Dgames? And what alignment you were there?
Chrono Trigger (modded by OS): town <- 1st game ever
Tales of Symphonia (modded by Gheb): mafia <- 4th game

Currently playing Mario Kart, modded by marshy <- 5th game

This is my 6th mafia game.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
EP I realize that lol. I'm just saying that if MK starts playing scummy we could just have him vote and see if it shows and have him take the penalty if it's legit.
Yeah but if he IS town, the penalty could be to town as a whole, it's not necessarily a penalty just to him. Like I said, if he gets penalized, it can even be something like giving mafia a safe claim. This doesn't just penalize MK, it penalizes the entire town.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd like to FoS : Dangr for bringing up something that's happening as another game as reason to lynch someone here. Even if inactivity spans multiple games, the situations are different.
Allow me, DanGR, to assuage your concerns. :)

I wasn't honestly pursuing a lynch. I know I said "in all seriousness." That was meant to get J to post quickly to defend himself. I'll be honest: I watched Cello in that game play pretty balls-to-the-wall in terms of D1 pressure, particularly on myself and J, and it got a lot of information out there to town and got us a scumlynch d1. I thought I'd jump in aggressive toDay and see what happened.

Who's DanGR? I can't remember. But he's real. He was playing League of Legends last night with my brothers and Scamp and DMG.

@MK it seems awfully anti-town of a role you have there. I'm assuming that OS balanced that out with some sort of power to make it make sense. Feedback?

@Edreeses You could have let that penalty issues slide without bringing up how serious the penalty would be, if you were scum. Pro-town behavior is pro-town. Which bring me to:

@Zen, I'm getting a scum read on you for the opposite reason as Edreese. You seem all too eager to embrace a town punishment just for the sake of clearing what is probably a benign townie.
Unvote
FOS: Zen

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Alright, so this whole restriction thing? Very lame.

I'm jumping a little far in the future here, but assuming it boils down to 3 town (one of them being MK), and 2 scum. A no lynch will be forced because scum know not to vote for him, and one of us will be lynched. Scum wins.

He's 100% dead weight. Scum can simply not vote for him, and that's one less vote for them to worry about. I'm hoping he's got an amazing role to back up his daytime uselessness, but that's something only time and results can tell.

I don't think he's scum, but I'm very suspicious of him being an indie. He set up a situation where neither faction wants to vote for him, and he doesn't even have to participate in the game to get far. I definitely agree with EP's Pseudo-vote idea, so we make sure his head is in the game, and in a town mindset. I don't see him as an immediate threat for now-- maybe as a throw-away lynch later.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Unvote Vote: Dastrn

I wasn't honestly pursuing a lynch. I know I said "in all seriousness." That was meant to get J to post quickly to defend himself. I'll be honest: I watched Cello in that game play pretty balls-to-the-wall in terms of D1 pressure, particularly on myself and J, and it got a lot of information out there to town and got us a scumlynch d1. I thought I'd jump in aggressive toDay and see what happened.
Sorry, but if you weren't pursuing a lynch then what was the point of your #75? To pressure someone? How can you pressure that which is not there? You also didn't pursue anyone else apart from J. Voting someone like J is the safest vote in the book. It's so easy for scum to just push inactive lynches, because they can't be blamed if they flip town.

Ironically, saw J viewing this thread earlier tonight:

Last Activity: Today 07:47 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread Villains Mafia - Day 1 begins!

Last Activity: Today 08:18 PM

Which is about 2 hours ago. J, if you're town and don't intend to post, I suggest you request replacement. Or we'll have to lynch you.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unvote Vote: Dastrn

Sorry, but if you weren't pursuing a lynch then what was the point of your #75? To pressure someone? How can you pressure that which is not there? You also didn't pursue anyone else apart from J. Voting someone like J is the safest vote in the book. It's so easy for scum to just push inactive lynches, because they can't be blamed if they flip town.

Ironically, saw J viewing this thread earlier tonight:

Last Activity: Today 07:47 PM

Last Activity: Today 08:18 PM

Which is about 2 hours ago. J, if you're town and don't intend to post, I suggest you request replacement. Or we'll have to lynch you.
derpdaderp
Anyone else notice the irony?

X1-12

Smash Champion
@ Whoever asked: Gord is just Gord

@MK: if each player Voted you then unvoted straight away, would you then be able to vote for anyone?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yeah but if he IS town, the penalty could be to town as a whole, it's not necessarily a penalty just to him. Like I said, if he gets penalized, it can even be something like giving mafia a safe claim. This doesn't just penalize MK, it penalizes the entire town.
True.

Who's DanGR? I can't remember. But he's real. He was playing League of Legends last night with my brothers and Scamp and DMG.

@MK it seems awfully anti-town of a role you have there. I'm assuming that OS balanced that out with some sort of power to make it make sense. Feedback?

@Edreeses You could have let that penalty issues slide without bringing up how serious the penalty would be, if you were scum. Pro-town behavior is pro-town. Which bring me to:

@Zen, I'm getting a scum read on you for the opposite reason as Edreese. You seem all too eager to embrace a town punishment just for the sake of clearing what is probably a benign townie.
Unvote
FOS: Zen
This is bad dude. I'm not sure if it's a scum tell or if you just break under pressure so easily. If you wanted to pressure J into being active than do so. Obviously no one is going to be lynched this early so why are you taking a u-turn just because of one FoS and completely contradicting your seriousness in wanting to pressure J? Have your own mind. If you believed that J should be pressured to stay active then you should do so, don't let a couple of other opinions dissuade you from what you feel is right (notice there is a difference between being dissuaded and being convinced of another view).

The thing that makes me lean more toward this being scummy is the fact that you unvoted and placed an FoS on me. Unvote to a FoS shows that you're being overly cautious of where your vote is. Why are you being so wish washy with your vote?

And in defense of your FoS, I never proposed that MK should attempt to vote. I was stating that the reason I was fine with him was because we could test it if we were in a situation where we needed to. As for the punishment thing that's just a difference in our play. I would be willing for MK to risk the punishment. That's just me. I'm not saying that we should however. If I were proposing that M-K do such a thing at this point in time, that would be anti-town. Me simply believing that it would be worth the risk in the right situation is not anti-town, it's simply my opinion.

Also what was contradicting about Vand's post specifically?

X1 it's not that difficult to understand. The answer is no. Is that all you have to say?

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, and I'm pretty sure I have an idea what my punishment would be at this point, because I DO have a power. It's probably a huge mistake at this point but I'd like to know whether or not town values my power or my ability to vote. I'm ASSUMING that my ability to use my power is revoked when I vote someone who is not voting for me. I still don't know the consequence, but it makes the most sense based on my flavor.

I don't really care if this is a bad idea. Either I die because I'm dead weight or I die because I'm an easy scum target to kill. You might as well know the extent of my circumstance and have something to consider before scum uses me as an asset. Personally I just feel ****ed over for this game.

@Xsyven, for what purpose would telling you this information serve if I was an indie? Scum knows they could keep my around forever, town knows I'm useless and expendable, so if I were indie, why would I explicitly state all this information for you all to utilize and comprehend before a more detrimental situation arises?

Food for thought.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
MK you aren't useless, you can draw information and cause scum to slip up. This is more useful than the actual vote is at least during Day 1. Use the psuedo vote to pressure. I don't like that you are suggesting that this vote block is an excuse for you to act any less useful than anyone else; it doesn't.

Vander I posted my thoughts on Gordito in post #101. Getting a slightly favorable town read on him right now, it's decent/good activity.

M.K

Level 55
I understand that I'm not entirely useless, but it frustrates me because I feel my psuedo-vote won't do anything because the pressured person knows I can't do anything that threatens their position in the game.

I never said I was giving up O_o
But I DEFINITELY don't like Dastrn even more now lol. MY PSUEDO-VOTE STAYS :D

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@MK

At least bold your psuedo vote please :p. It'll help me when you decide to switch your vote.

And your psuedo vote means as much as a regular vote, pressure wise. Sure, it doesn't count as a vote, but if you psuedo vote, apply a case, and make viable pressure, only an idiot wouldn't respond. We as a town WILL treat your vote as a legit vote.

But just remember: there will be a time where you NEED to be lynched, like before a lylo situation. Sucks, but bring it up with OS :p.

@X1

Contribute? What's "Gord" in your opinion? And to just quickly answer your question: If I vote MK, he can vote me. If I unvote, and he unvotes, then he CAN'T vote me, unless I get back on his wagon.

@Van and Zen

I guess it's cause I'm in Oddworld with both of em, but I don't mind Dastrn's pressure toward J. Although I feel that it was stupid to throw away the pressure, J is an inactive a** kid. Personally, if he keeps up the same inactivity (JUST enough activity to avoid a prod), I want him dead. Dead weight is dead weight.

But WHY, @Dastrn, would you just dump all pressure? I'm probably as cool as you when it comes to getting J to contribute, but to just throw it away? Whatever, he'll probably be inactive sooner or later. Town's gonna see it, and get annoyed.

Top Bottom