• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Mafia - X1-12 lynched! Town wins! X1-12, Indie survivor, wins a bit less!

M.K

Level 55
@MK: Uh I really don't know if you should elaborate any more on whatever restrictions you claim to have... I can't see this being pro town... but not being able to vote is a posting restriction? What kind of messed up game have I signed up for?!!!
It's not entirely no voting. Certain conditions have to happen >____> FAWK YHU OS.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@Van

I say in the middle, like 36 hours per prod personally. It's more fair than 24, but less leniant than 48, especially since we have J :p.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I think MK should elaborate lol. Might
as well get rid of you now if that's the case.

Van true, but this is OS we are talking about.

#HBC | Gorf

@Rajam

Cool.

Claim: Sc... uh... Town.

Like that?

I don't wanna look into MK's restriction until necessary, i.e when it's time to lynch and MK isn't voting.

M.K

Level 55
Might as well claim it now so people don't get mad at me later for it.

I can only vote somebody who has their vote on me. If that person unvotes after I vote them, I'm allowed to keep it on.

So yeah, basically got stuck with the dumbest restriction ever.

Rajam

Smash Champion
@vanderzant: I played Chrono Trigger and Tales of Symphonia. Despite I did great at those games, somehow I still lost :mad088:. I'm also playing Mario Kart now

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
You guys are all screwed, I got MK LOL.

To answer your question, this is like the 5th game I've played.

vOTE: x1-12

copy cat

Rajam

Smash Champion
ok this game is super slow so, let's lynch inactives

vote: EdreesesPieces

Zac, what advises did your partners give you for this game?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
This is my 7th mafia game.

Vanderzant: Hi. I think meta is useful in addition to reads. you look at your first on someone based on their play first, then, if you are 'unsure" you can apply meta to tip the balance. Meta can be useful or dangerous, just make sure you got your meta straight before using it to make major choices.

Meta kirby - what happens if you try to vote for someone else that your not allowed to, do you get penalized or does it simply not count?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
All joke-voting aside, I'm seriously voting J.
vote: J

He's been super inactive in oddworld mafia, and completely distracting. We're stuck talking about his inactivity instead of scumhunting. That whole game was pissed when they saw him actively signing up for games while ignoring the one he was in.

M.K

Level 55
This is my 7th mafia game.

Vanderzant: Hi. I think meta is useful in addition to reads. you look at your first on someone based on their play first, then, if you are 'unsure" you can apply meta to tip the balance. Meta can be useful or dangerous, just make sure you got your meta straight before using it to make major choices.

Meta kirby - what happens if you try to vote for someone else that your not allowed to, do you get penalized or does it simply not count?
I get penalized. Not sure what that penalty is, however. Seems its at OS's discretion looking at the Special Rules.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
All joke-voting aside, I'm seriously voting J.
vote: J

He's been super inactive in oddworld mafia, and completely distracting. We're stuck talking about his inactivity instead of scumhunting. That whole game was pissed when they saw him actively signing up for games while ignoring the one he was in.
Pushing on inactives with a vengeance already? I agree with the mentality, but there is a time and place. And right now we're about 2 hours into the game...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vote Count:
Sir Bedevere (1) - GorditoBoy69
Zen (1) - J
Xsyven (1) - Sir Bedevere
Dastrn (1) - Xsyven
Rajam (1) - Vanderzant
X1-12 (2) - Zen, UTDZac
EdreesesPieces (1) - Rajam
J (1) - Dastrn

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, Oct. 6th, at 3:00 p.m. EST

@mod: were roles randomly selected?
Yes, as stated in the main post.

Rajam

Smash Champion
No I mean like how Meta Kirby acted with regards to his restriction. What do you think about that?
Null read mostly, but I don't see anything scummy about it

Also, about your question:

"@Rajam: Hi. Are there any players in this game who you've played with enough to get a good feel of their alignment? What do you think of meta in general?"

I've played with UTDZac, EdreesesPieces, X1-12, Zen, and M-K. I've played one game with them except for Edreeses and Zac with which I've played twice. Meta is an acceptable strategy to check, read and pressure players, but just that: something barely acceptable and not the main focus. For example, Edreeses as scum tends to agree with everything and look very friendly, post a bunch of nice words with no real effect or anything, so I'd be wary about that.

#HBC | Gorf

@Van

I agree, but when J decides to go into his la la land inactive world, you'll get pissed too. Don't worry.

@Dastrn

I agree with wanting to pressure J into voting, but let's wait till he goes inactive (don't worry, it's inevitable).

#HBC | Gorf

EBWOP:

pressure J into POSTING, not voting.

@Van

I think it's really safe for MK to say that (giving him an easy OMGUS, and ALMOST not allowing him to vote at all), but I'm not gonna think about it too much at this point.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Ninja'd

@Rajam: thanks for the answers.

@Gord: If J starts to blatantly prod dodge, yes we can lynch him. But I don't like the idea of metaing someone based on another ongoing game (on activity of all things) where J hasn't flipped in either, especially when his alignment could be different.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@mod: I voted for X1, is it a mistake that it is not shown?
Didn't see it.

@all

To help me keep my sanity, please don't hide your votes in a paragraph. It makes it easier for me to see them when they are separate ^_^

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I hear you on not pushing for a quick lynch or anything. But it's irritating to put up with inactivity. that's why I always vote for Ignatius during JVS for inactivity. Because then when he ends up inactive, I can quote my Joke vote and say "see....." every time.

I wouldn't advocate a quick lynch, for the record. I've actually been the one slowing town down from quick lynching J in Oddworld. I just want him to feel pressure to be active right away. Cause if he's inactive in two games at the same time, I'll vote for him in both just so we can play the game again.

@gordito You're scum in Oddworld. So you must be scum here, right? haha just kidding. fresh slate for you, buddy.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Ok I'm slightly annoyed no one really got the same thoughts as I did with respect to MK. Either that or I've made a mistake somewhere. I guess not everyone else is here yet but I don't feel like waiting.

MK basically claimed a posting restriction in his 3rd post, with no pressure other than me saying "why aren't you voting?" to which he probably could of just responded "I don't like voting for no reason" or something along those lines.

Firstly, claiming something like a restriction probably isn't that useful for town to begin with (especially since I get the feeling that MK really WANTED to reveal it). Like, I can see that this particular case is probably something worth revealing… but still, :S. Why not immediately do it? It's as if MK was waiting for an opportunity to reveal it.

Secondly (and this is sort of reaching/bordering WIFOM) but it
1. Makes players less hesitant to vote him,
2. Stops MK from participating in ANY wagons unless the player is voting MK ((On this note, MK what happens if you are voting someone legitimately and they remove their vote on you you?). Also, why would someone vote MK if they are think they are getting wagoned?

Thus MK has basically claimed voteless townie, taking into account that no one would vote MK because it directly interferes with them potentially being lynched.

Though I'll outright say that I don't really see a voteless mafia goon or whatever being a role… unless MK's making this up. But essentially, if he's scum, he can't vote anyway (and if he does we catch him in the lie). Not trying to meta OS, but voteless goon doesn't make sense in theory (to me anyway) but I guess it could be a safeclaim. Who knows?

So @MK tell us why you claimed when you did. Did my "pressure" influence your decision?

M.K

Level 55
No because I don't want people yelling at me when the time comes and not knowing why I am unable to vote. Telling you this upfront so you can prepare for the situation and not waste your time analyzing me at some point in the game when there are more important issues instead of now.
I mean vand, you are talking like the difference between 2 and 4 posts into the game and you're asking me why I should've claimed earlier? It's kinda moot since nothing has happened yet anyways.

If I am voting somebody legitimately (player A votes for me, I vote for Player A), and they unvote, I am allowed to keep my vote.

#HBC | Gorf

@gordito You're scum in Oddworld. So you must be scum here, right? haha just kidding. fresh slate for you, buddy.
Funny man :p. I don't think we can talk too much detail about other games currently playing. But still. Dastrn's gots jokes.

#HBC | Gorf

@Vand

MK is moreorless useless to town, in the sense that he basically can't vote. But he can still be a very avid player, applying pressure (not with votes though), asking questions, making cases. Stuff that town should be doing anyway. If he's not doing that, at least he can't fling his vote around to ATTEMPT being useful, and we can pressure him into doing something beneficial.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
No because I don't want people yelling at me when the time comes and not knowing why I am unable to vote. Telling you this upfront so you can prepare for the situation and not waste your time analyzing me at some point in the game when there are more important issues instead of now.
I mean vand, you are talking like the difference between 2 and 4 posts into the game and you're asking me why I should've claimed earlier? It's kinda moot since nothing has happened yet anyways.

If I am voting somebody legitimately (player A votes for me, I vote for Player A), and they unvote, I am allowed to keep my vote.
Again I'm kind of reaching with this, but there was a good period of almost 12 hours between the confirmation phase and the start of the game, so you had plenty of time to think about it. If you didn't want people yelling at you down the track, from my P.O.V claiming would of been the very first thing I did. But you didn't seem like you'd mention it until I just happened to be asking you why you weren't voting?

I'm kind of fine with you being around for now though. If you're scum you basically don't have a voice. I could see your role being a liability in late game though.

Top Bottom