• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Mafia - X1-12 lynched! Town wins! X1-12, Indie survivor, wins a bit less!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Allow me to interpret this:

Cop: I'll tell you who to investigate so you don't hit me or my scumbuddies.
Doc: Be predictable. It makes nightkilling easier.

Vig: Kill someone random. I might even throw a scumbuddy on the list, so if you hit him, It'll semi-clear me.

X1, I have my eye on you.
How does that make him any different than me and Van?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Tandora has a point...

@Vanderzant

IS there any particular reason you wanted to hammer? You don't even have to disclose information about your role. Just asking if there's a motive behind your desire to hammer.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Zen: What do you think of J just viewing this thread for ages but not posting anything?

I also hope Gord is anxious town waiting on the flip like you and I are :/.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
If Tanny flips scum

Edreeses: Likely bussed him. His #276 just gives me the impression that he voted him to put Xsy at a place where he can role claim. Even though he sort of ignored Xsy when I was pushing on him, and was pushing Gord instead.

X1: Is probably town. I don't see why he'd continue to push so hard (or even bus xsyven in the first place) after the role claim. Also forcing zen to vote Xsyven if he's scum would be too weird.

Gord: Is probably town too. Even if he makes no sense, I'd expect low level scum to take their vote off Xsy after the claim.

Rajam/UTD:
I'd like to say are possibly town too. Out of all of the things to comment on after she had supposedly read the game, she chose these two players. I don't think Tanny scum would draw attention to her scumbuddies, even considering the WIFOM nature that this trail would leave. She'd want us to think "tanny said zac is town so he's scum" and "Tanny said rajam is scum so she's mindgaming us! wifom wifom wifom. I think she'd avoid her scum partners like the plague.

So the remaining scum if I haven't screwed up will probably be between Sir Bed/Dastrn/J.

If Tanny flips town or Indy (need to re evaluate if this is the case)

X1:
probs scum. I don't know why zen would find out he's been vote manipulated, but X1 seemed surprised to learn of this.

J: probs scum for assuming so quickly that xsy was a vig

And all my other soft town reads/tells on Gord/Rajam/Zac go down the drain...

#HBC | Gorf

@Van

Well, yea. I'm REALLY having a hard time seeing the flip as a pro town role, but if it does, I have some serious rereading ahead of me :/.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
^Do you want me to claim my role? You might be able to figure it our yourself.

And when I say restriction, I don't mean posting restriction (like yours I guess).

M.K

Level 55
No, not your role, why you had to wait to be the hammer?

You have to hammer to vote, do you not?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I have to hammer for it to "count." It still shows up in the vote count if I vote in another position, but I don't think the lynch would happen if I did.

But it's related to my 'ability,' so I assume that's why I can't break it and receive punishment from OS. If that makes sense.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
wait are you claiming Town Executioner?

Also the reason I have been seen as viewing the thread is because I keep multiple tabs open.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I consider myself a one man wolf pack.

But when my sister brought MK home. The wolf pack... it grew by one, and there were two of us in the wolf pack.

I was alone in the pack at first, but then MK joined in later.

But then when I met Zen, I thought

"Wait a second, could it be?"

And now I know for sure, I just added one more guy to my wolf pack.

Three of us wolves, running around the desert together, looking for strippers and drugs.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Sorry for my inactivity I've been really busy this weekend. I can take this weekend to read a little bit but was in a bit of a rush so didn't have time to post. I'm back now and catching up, will post thoughts in a couple of hours.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

FINAL Vote Count:
Xsyven (7) - X1-12, Zen, GorditoBoy69, EdreesesPieces, Dastrn, Meta-Kirby, Vanderzant,
Dastrn (1) - Xsyven
EdreesesPieces (1) - UTDZac,
Meta-kirby (1) - Tandora

Not Voting:
J, Rajam, Sir Bedevere,

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, Oct. 6th, at 3:00 p.m. EST

Tandora (Azrael, Town Vigilante) has been lynched!

Night 1 begins.
Deadline for Night actions is for Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. EST
Night will end earlier if the actions get in on time.

I'm making the first Night a little longer on purpose, other Nights won't be so generous.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Zen (Dr. Claw, Town Cop) has been killed during the Night!

UTD Zac has disappeared from the playing field!

He may post and vote as per normal, but no one is able to vote for him for the remainder of the Day.

Day 2 Begins!
With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for Friday, October 15th, at 3:00 p.m. EST

Rajam

Smash Champion
#183: Dastrn I think JVS is a lot more distracting than useful but I still think it isn't 100% useless

189: Dastrn, no one will read a whole other game just to check your points. I find scummy people doing that stuff

FoS: Dastrn

#229: "@Rajam, hi friend. (deadmau5 song i like...)" ... lol what's that?

#285: I agree on vander's point against X1

vote: X1-12

#276: Super scummy vote from Edreeses, at least from my personal point of view

#HBC | Gorf

Wait. You couldn't reread during the Night? Can you GET any more useless? You WON'T be caught up EVER in this game if you keep at this.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
UTD Zac - that doesn't prove you're town. Infact I don't like that you claimed when you weren't anywhere near having to claim (being lynched), and wasted a one shot ability. The fact that you can't think of a pro town reason for your ability to exist isn't encouraging either.

About Zen - Going to do a complete re read of all his posts and try to get anything out of his interactions. Will do that after this "catching up" post:

Sorry for my absence towards the second half of the Day. That kind of inactivity won't happen again, as I was extremely busy and when I got back to re reading during Twilight the day just ended.

So people were asking me, so I'll come out with it to start the Day. My top scum picks up til this moment.

-Gordito
-Rajam

Problem is Gordito is going after Rajam. I'm thinking one of the two are definitely scum but I can't figure out which. Going to try to find out.

I already made a small albeit weak case on Gord. However, I there's something towards the end of the Day that makes me think more so -

@Van

Well, yea. I'm REALLY having a hard time seeing the flip as a pro town role, but if it does, I have some serious rereading ahead of me :/.
Gordito manages to sneak in a comment about Tandora probably being scum but - also - if she's not he has to do re reading. Why mention this? Seems like an attempt to pre emptively dodge the flack everyone who votes Xsyven would potentially get - after the hammer has already been cast. I didn't see these reservations noted by Gordito before the hammer got cast, nor this attempt to re read be done before the hammer. Why wait til after the hammer? I don't know, it just seems fishy to me.
Next, an attempt at rolefishing:

No, not your role, why you had to wait to be the hammer?

You have to hammer to vote, do you not?
MK asks Vander about not being able eto hammer, but it seems MK already has an idea what it is. He's just confirming it (seen above)

wait are you claiming Town Executioner?
J also asks about the role/hammering but J also provides information and asks for verification rather than trying to fish it out from having no information.

Basically, I think neither J, Gordito, nor MK are on the same scum team. I think they would have tried to discuss Vander's role amonst themselves if they were. I think Gord is more likely to be scum than the others based on what I just explained.

FoS: Gordito

I'd like to hear your reactions to all this I've said.

As for Rajam, it seems Tandora was set on Rajam being scum. I did a re -read on his posts based on this, and thought about it. I've played with Rajam myself but I've only seen him as town. He doesn't give me anything similar to the feel he did in those games, and I don't think it's because of inactivity - his posts seem less commiting, less accusatory, and more of a "commentary" than I've seen him as town. Just look at his commentary style of play in the last two contributions - post and 286 and 426 - in both, he appears to try to catch up in the game as much as possible, but without doing detailed reading or really trying to find scum - ie, catching up for the sake of catching up, but no real attempt to find scum. Votes on X1 because he "agrees with Vander" but doesn't say much else about X1. Don't like this:

#183: Dastrn I think JVS is a lot more distracting than useful but I still think it isn't 100% useless

189: Dastrn, no one will read a whole other game just to check your points. I find scummy people doing that stuff

FoS: Dastrn

#229: "@Rajam, hi friend. (deadmau5 song i like...)" ... lol what's that?

#285: I agree on vander's point against X1

vote: X1-12

#276: Super scummy vote from Edreeses, at least from my personal point of view
Feel like he's trying to avoid being read. So I think either Gord or Rajam is scum, and I'm going to find out which.

Also, I'm liking Sir Bevedere's contributions a lot. Only played one game with him before but his play is in sharp contrast of his play in that game where he scum, in addition I feel his words, when he posts them, have good meaning, helpful and are well thought out.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I don't want this being the only thing we talk about today (and I mean today as in Wednesday, not even the Day as a whole), but why the hell did we lynch the D1 claimed vig? Don't you guys realize how much of a spot Xsy/Tan (calling him Xsy from now on) would have been in, even if he had not been a town vig? As an SK we would have had extremely firm control of the game. Xsy would basically have had to kill everyone we pointed him at or we'd lynch him. We would have basically 2 lynches at that point, and then, in the unlikely event that we hadn't won by lylo, we could have lynched Xsy before we entered it and be in the clear. That's what I was hinting at when I said this:

xsy kill them please, don't care if you're vig or sk. :<
I thought town would be able to realize that Xsy would be good to keep around regardless of whether he was a vig or an SK. :/

As for Xsy being mafia, 1. I didn't think he was scummy (and vig claim pushed that into almost obvtown), and 2. it'd become pretty obvious by the 3rd Day that Xsy didn't have a killing role, at which point we'd lynch him. I guess this is where opinions can differ, because I wouldn't mind not lynching scum that's so clearly put into a serious spot than I would lynching other, more useless people like Rajam/X1. Yes, we would perhaps lose out on some information, but there would have been so, SO much to gain from having a vig directly under our control.

And perhaps the best part was, even if Xsy was the vig and mafia weren't relying on the town's general distrust of him to get him killed, mafia would either have to keep roleblocking him (which would allow our other PRs, i.e. Zen here, to use their abilities without obstruction) or kill him outright (which would allow our other PRs, i.e. Zen here, to not die :/).

tl;dr Don't make/rush lynches when there is someone who is quite clearly opposed to it (in this case, me), especially when you are risking losing something as powerful as a killing role on your side.

/end rage

---

I think I'm actually OK with clearing Zac on his ability, just because it'd be pretty dumb for scum to have a role like that ("hey guys, I'm the last scum and it's lylo, lol you can't lynch me!"). Indy, possibly, but I think he would rather keep a role as powerful as that with him until endgame, and drawing attention to yourself is more often a sign of townieness than a sign of indyness (see: MK), though that isn't always true (see: Cello). So long as he's still playing the game I'm fine with him living forever, or at least until lylo.

---

Yeah I'm just gonna continue where I left off.

Vote: Rajam

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
2 town, 1 scum. A and B are town, C is scum. A and B are VTs, C is Zac's role.

C makes himself unvotable.

A and B cannot vote for C. They must vote for either themselves, the other townie, or no lynch. No lynch is best.

C kills A or B.

C/scum wins.

Town beats up OS.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Gordito, cause my ability is useless in lylo. How else can I effectively use it if I'm a vanilla townie.

@Edreeses, "The fact that you can't think of a pro town reason for your ability to exist isn't encouraging either." That's not entirely true. I thought about how to best use my ability, and I couldn't think of any uses where the unvotable status would actually be helpful. I did, however, find a way to be useful. I use it as soon as possible to show town that I'm 1) Not a threat, 2) Probably not scum (why would they have an ability like this?), and 3) Remove one less distraction for town, which increases our chances of hitting scum.

I'm curious Edreeses, what would you have done? If you were a Vanilla Townie + ability to become unvotable 1 Day, how would you have used it?

Rajam

Smash Champion
About Xsyven & Tandora:

#18: vanderzant asking Xsyven how many games has he played
#22: Sir Bedevere voting against Xsyven in RVS
#50: vanderzant FOSing Xsyven in RVS
#109: Xsyven saying M-K post restriction is lame and thinking M-K is Indy
#117: M-K asking to Xsyven why he would claim his pr if he is indy
#121: Xsyven saying to M-K he can still be pro-town
#130: Voting against Xsyven (RVS?)
#151: vanderzant saying Xsyven needs to say more
#152: Xsyven still not comfortable about M-K
#153: vanderzant asking Xsyven and Dastrn why they think M-K is indy (and not regular scum)
#155: vanderzant saying Xsyven last post, last part was wifom
#159: Xsyven response to vanderzant
#160: Dastrn explaining his vote on Xsyven
#162: Xsyven reponse to Dastrn explanation; asking vanderzant about which blabbermouth player is he suspicious of
#163: vanderzant saying he'll answer later
#165: vanderzant saying that both Xsyven and Dastrn are likely scum because they were convinced M-K is indy
#191: Xsyven thinking vanderzant is the blabbermouth scum; upset at vander for pressuring inactives only after 24 hours the game started; FoSing vander
#193: vanderzant defense
#194: J asking to UTDZac his thoughts on Gordito, X1 and Xsyven
#197: Xsyven explaining his FoS on vander
#200: UTDZac response to J (about Xsyven among others)
#206: X1 asking to Zac what he thinks of vander and Xsyven
#211: Gordito's appreciation of vander vs Xsyven
#219: Zac response to X1 about vander and Xsyven
#225: vander's defense on Xsyven's FoS, and voting Xsyven
#229: Dastrn asking Xsyven why he thought M-K was indy; asking to vander to keep the pressure on him and Xsyven
#234: X1 accusations on Xsyven, and voting against him
#235: Me agreeing with Xsyven about M-K case
#257: vander asking M-K his thoughts on Xsyven
#259: M-K response to vander
#260: Gordito putting Xsyven at the top of his scummy candidates
#262: Edreeses asking Zen why he voted Xsyven for no reason
#268: vander saying to people to be on Xsyven's wagon
#270: Gordito voting Xsyven
#272: Xsyven asking to be replaced and saying vander is doing good
#276: Edreeses pressuring the replacement and voting Xsyven
#277: M-K finding Xsyven scummy and "voting" against him
#281: Edreeses explaining his vote on Xsyven
#282: Zen asking to Zac his posture about Xsyven
#283: Xsyven asking people to be nice to his replacement
#284: M-K response to Xsyven's 283
#285: vander unvoting Xsyven and waiting for his claim
#286: Me accusing Xsyven of rolefishing on MK
#293: Gordito asking Zen who are his two scum picks after Xsyven's lynch
#294: J saying Xsyven will be the play, asking me what do I think of Xsyven replacing out, and asking vander, Zen, Edreeses and X1 who should they look after Xsyven
#296: Zen saying I confused him with Xsyven at 286

Gonna continue later; I still think X1 and Dastrn are scummy; add Gordito there as well... and maybe J but not very sure about him. MK, Zac and vander are fine... null read on Sir Bedevere and Edreeses.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the play today is going to be vander or Rajam.
If it's one, it's not the other. And it very well could be both.
Here's why.

I think that last Rajam post was either one of two things:

Option A: Rajam is town. His post seems to implicate vander quite a bit for pushing xsyven's lynch. Vander's name came up in there constantly, and in hindsight, most of it appears pretty scummy.

Option B(more likely): Rajam is scum. He posted all of that just to make it obvious that he wasn't on the xsyven bandwagon. I think this is more likely because if you look at all of his summaries, he hardly mentions x1 or myself OR gordito OR J, and yet considers all 4 of us to be scummy. Seems like a pretty weird conclusion given the data he scrounged.

Option C: Both are scum. Rajam wanted to appear useful for collecting all of that data, but couldn't come out and say "vander is looking scummy based on all this" so he had to come up with really unusual conclusions not based on the data about who are scum.

WHy in the world would he look at vander's name come up SO many times with xsyven and then conclude "vander is fine" ? Doesn't make sense. Something isn't right here.

I'm ok with either one getting lynched toDay, but for now I'll
vote: vander
as the most likely scum, and a huge FOS on Rajam. If we lynch vander and he flips town, we almost definitely have a scum in Rajam.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not saying that being against Xsyven is in and of itself scummy. I'm saying that when we get a town flip, it's a really good idea to look back at the interactions other players had with that player to see who was the most insistent on their lynch. One player in particular seemed to want xsyven dead all the way through.

We should get this Xsyven wagon rolling too btw.

As long as he's hops on the Xsyven wagon I'll be fine with him (and even more so if Xsyven flips scum) for another day at least.
I still want Xsyven lynched (and not sure how much is going to change that) but I want to do it on town's terms, i.e. wait for a claim, wait till inactives are replaced or have posted.

So unless another lynch pops up, no one quick hammer, ok? Else I'll take that as you claiming scum and make sure we lynch you tomorrow. I'll hammer once we've got everything useful out of the day. Not saying there can't be another lynch, just that I don't see a better option right now.

@Xsyven: I see no reason why you shouldn't claim right now if you're town. People are going to hop on your wagon solely because you're replacing out. If you can show that your replacement might be helpful for town, then I'd go ahead and do it.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Urg, so I'm sick and have been vomitting last night/this morning. So I'll just do short posts till I'm better.

Dastrn, you're telling me I'm scum because I voted Xsyven... yet YOU were also on the Xsyven wagon, so I can assume you thought he was scum too (or thought it was in Town's best interest to lynch him).

So why are you suspicious @ me for being the loudest player on a lynch that YOU agreed with.

You said "Vander's name came up in there constantly, and in hindsight, most of it appears pretty scummy."

How was my approach scummy? Elaborate.

And wtf @ you saying either myself or Rajam has to be scum. And that if you lynched 1 and they flipped town, you'd be pretty sure of the second being scum.

You've picked 2 players, stuck your fingers in your ears and gone "LALALLALALALALALALALALA these guys are scum." Do you have NOTHING to say about anyone else?

Vote: Dastrn

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
@Gordito, cause my ability is useless in lylo. How else can I effectively use it if I'm a vanilla townie.

@Edreeses, "The fact that you can't think of a pro town reason for your ability to exist isn't encouraging either." That's not entirely true. I thought about how to best use my ability, and I couldn't think of any uses where the unvotable status would actually be helpful. I did, however, find a way to be useful. I use it as soon as possible to show town that I'm 1) Not a threat, 2) Probably not scum (why would they have an ability like this?), and 3) Remove one less distraction for town, which increases our chances of hitting scum.

I'm curious Edreeses, what would you have done? If you were a Vanilla Townie + ability to become unvotable 1 Day, how would you have used it?
Well, I don't think it makes you scum, I just don't think it proves you're town. It's a nulltell.

If it were my ability I would have saved it in case I was one of the last few alive in lylo. better to have the power just in case it's useful than to use it. The other reason I would save it is so scum doesn't know that i'm not doc or cop so they don't narrow their search for those roles.

Top Bottom