• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Mafia - X1-12 lynched! Town wins! X1-12, Indie survivor, wins a bit less!

M.K

Level 55
Not liking Gordito anymore. We should lynch him.

Also J, a Serial Killer could have that exact same role and I'm not sure I think Tanny is a Vig.
Agreed sentiments, Zen.

@Zen/Vand:

I know you two the best from prior games. All of these other people are new. Are you two having trouble reading them as well?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Tanny, #5 is the scummiest thing you or xsyven has done.

Could you elaborate more on number 2?

And did OS say which weapons you could choose from?
I'll expound on #5 below.

I cannot say what Xysven was thinking when he brought up the indy idea. I can only add my interpretation as an outsider reader. I think Xysven overthought himself. MK offers up this restriction and Xysven wonders "What advantage does MK get for saying that?" It makes for weak town, bad play for mafia as it draws undue attention to him, that leaves INDEPENDENT!

Obviously Xysven had a bad experience with an indy winning a game and so he's more alert for an independent making an unbeatable claim. If you can get yourself into that narrow margin of town won't lynch but scum won't NK, you're golden.

This whole "MK is indy" topic just got further and further out of control. Although I can see why Xysven got to that conclusion by his posts, I don't agree with it. I think MK really does have a posting restriction and just manned up about it now rather than down the road when his not voting was painfully obvious and OMGUS'ed looking.

Everything any of us say can and should be to some extent examined on why we decided to make that statement. It could be "I want to help town", "I want to fool town," or "I am so stupid I cloud the gene pool". Xysven tried to do that and other people reacted poorly to it. As townies tend to do, he dug in and pushed harder for this idea. Rather than convincing people of his intent, he fubared it and ended up with people suspecting him.

In all fairness, I leave room for an independent when I am scum hunting unless I have explicit reason not to. We don't know what kind of villains there are. I could speculate lots of different flavors and ideas, but it would be just speculation. As I wrote this, I immediately thought of Catwoman as a good independent Villain as she tends to be morally gray, but still a good guy in her own right.

Also, he just said I could choose whatever weapon I wanted. And for the record, I'm not going to do something rules lawyerly like "nuclear explosion". I think it is just intended for flavor when I reread it, but who knows.

I'm getting less and less comfortable lynching Tandora.
I'm not sure I want to vote for her. She's almost made up for Xsyven's play. Almost.
@Tanny, the only way you'd be showing me "respect" is if I were to vote for you, which is killing you. Why again are you voting for me?
I don't want you to vote for me. However, I am giving you the option to vote for me without penalty. I am giving you the perfect opportunity to get me killed because I trust you are telling the truth. You have very heavily voiced you want this role dead, I am laying my neck out on the line. You're nowhere near being lynched, so it's not like I am going to get you killed. I am simply trying to show my good intent by giving you some power back that otherwise was lost.

We have to take chances if we are going to win. Honestly, I am dead anyway because my predecessor couldn't wait for me to receive the role from OS, so I am working under a deadline. I might get lucky and doctor might save me if we have one, but then I have to worry about a Roleblocker, or maybe I have to worry about what type of weapon to choose and my NK is wasted. Then I'll have all of next Day to defend myself all over again.

Quite frankly, I'm going to NK Rajam. He was my partner in TOS and he played there like he is playing now. Few posts, relatively quiet, but when he does post it's long and not really helpful or good.

Rajam, if I live, I'm coming for you. And it's gonna be like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqq051BU2MY

Tandora

Smash Rookie
So...

3) Rajam is scum?

4) Was Zac town or scum in said game?

If the above wasn't what you were implying, then who are your two scum picks?
I think he's scum. We'll know by Tomorrow.

Zac was town. He actually cleared himself when pressure was applied. I am saying that Zac's inactivity is what I saw as his town moves, not that I am clearing him.

Don't have two yet, just got Rajam.

And Zen, you're tunneling this role. Seriously, let it go.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
There's so much going on in this mafia game compared to others I've played. So much content. Head exploding ><

There's talk of killing me off using the Vig, which is fine. However, I can save you guys some time by claiming so that you can pick someone else to kill.

I have a one shot, unvotable ability I can use during the Night called Super Jump that makes me unvotable the following Day. I've thought about it and can't really figure out how to use this ability lylo or mylo to help town. I think it would be more useful to prove I'm town now to avoid 1 distraction and focus on other things. Getting NKed isn't a big deal either cause I don't have any PRs. The only thing I'd be worried about are idies winning from this claim, idk how, but yeah.

I've answered Zen's question but J/X1 said I was missing some, but I couldn't find them. There's been so much content for Day 1, which is awesome but at the same time impossible for me to keep up with. I didn't expect so much with so many members being active and what-not, based off of the other 2 games i played here.

And just to throw this out there, it bothers me focus can shift towards one player so extreme (like me) when others are doing similar things (like EP). I know he plays differently, but the inactivity situation is the same for the most part. I guess this is why I dislike Day1

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
MK, the only reasoning your float against me is my inability to have a concrete standpoint. You got your concrete standpoint. What more can you want?

Although Tandora is doing a WAY better job than Xysven had been doing, we still have to look at Xysven. In Community Mafia, Clownbot was scum, and replaced out when there was pressure on him. In came Sworddancer as his replacement, and he eventually became the most obvtownie. I don't want to see that happen again.

M.K

Level 55
MK, the only reasoning your float against me is my inability to have a concrete standpoint. You got your concrete standpoint. What more can you want?
Your general inconsistent play is the reason my Float is on you. Your inability to take a standpoint is a mere factor of why you can go.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
ZAC- What are your thoughts on Tanny now? You said those were your thoughts before claim.

@MK I need to do a review on everything. I'm pretty confused lol.

Tanny I liked that post. But everything I know is screwed up D: But I guess you should live since if you're SK you could be used to our advantage.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
**** it with all this claiming.

I really just think we just have to go ahead and lynch Tanny.

It's fair enough to assume that she's a killing role at the very least. That slot is a liability especially in a 12 player game.

OS said stuff about liking the set up, so I'm willing to bet that there is an indy in the game. And if it's not Tanny then the idea of Mafia + SK + Unlimited Vig just seems like too much killing.

Meta-Kirby I really want you to put Tanny at L-1 and I will hammer.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
We should have things set by Tuesday Night (personally that gives me time to do a reread), But I don't think we should wait through Wednesday. I would like to hear from EP some more though and reamaining questions to be answered.

@mod: how long is the twilight phase?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
But you know, I don't know if Tanny has even read the thread yet, but If i were replacing in I'd be more concerned about giving town my detailed thoughts on who I think should be looked at if I were to die. Or at least be urging town to wait for me to post my suspect list. I wouldn't say "If I'm alive tomorrow, I'll go after XXX."

Also, random flavour thought, but I was just thinking about the claim that Xsy/Tanny can pick any weapon to kill with, and I don't know if flavour hints are that common, but I could see it as a way for scum to try and "frame" other villians. Mods usually do a kill scene right? Well if someone got killed in a certain way (i.e. frozen to death) and someone claimed Dr Freeze, then we'd be likely think that it was that player...

Might make sense considering OS gave us that warning about flavour.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I think Tan's "Oh I'll vote you so you can vote me" thing reall gambity and I don't like it. @MK: I would just drink up and vote her, if you don't please post your reasoning why not and what you think about her allowing you to vote her

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Assuming MK votes is there any objections to me hammering... now? I don't feel like waiting around. People can read up during the night phase with (hopefully) a scum flip in mind.

Re reading again and again on Day 1 is bad because you are likely to just WIFOM with yourself with no real evidence other then "Does XXX want me to think that?"

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Adding to that, the best info is going to be how everyone reacted to Xsyven initially after he was pressured, after he claimed, etc. And that's so much more concrete with a flip.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@mod: how long is the twilight phase?
After hammer until I post the Night phase. It's a varied length. Long when I'm not at PC, short when I am.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also yeah Van I don't really need the reread. I just want to hear from EP. And thoughts on the force vote.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Well EP is obvscum if Xsyven is scum. Most obvious attempt at a bus ever imo.

But I don't remember what you're talking about with X1. I remember people giving you flack for voting Xsy... Is that what you mean?

M.K

Level 55
Vote: Tandora

I can agree with Vand, but seriously, something needs to be done about the other members in this game as well. There is a huge pack of people that can go, and scum knows that they can go, so they'll start hammering off people like Zen/Vand so town runs around without a head, then dies.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Vote: Tandora

Zen how did you know it was X1? Were you told? Vote manipulation is weird... I don't see why the mod would tell someone when it happens to them if it's a scum thing...

Someone make sure I'm still alive tomorrow :D.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well if Tanny flips town it might be worth looking into, especially since I wanted to kill X1 then lol. Zac would be worth looking into as well.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
^Agreed, kill EP if tanny flips scum. Investigate if Tanny flips either.

Also MK what do you think about me being forced to vote xsyven?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
MK, here's a good question. Why does Vand want to be the hammer? Why didn't he man up and just put me at L-1? Why did he need you to vote first? Because he was afraid I'd unvote first? I don't have a reason to go back on my word unless I was scum. He knows I'm town so he's scaring you into killing me.

Seriously, he doesn't NEED your vote. Other players will easily help lynch me. He wants the hammer. I wouldn't doubt he gets something for being the hammer.

Town is welcome to go drown in it's own stupidity. Because I'm Azrael AND I BROKE THE G-****ED BATMAN'S BACK.

M.K

Level 55
S'okay Tanny. I see what you mean, but don't worry if Vand's got something to do tonight or not =P he's not doing anything.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cop: Investigate Dastrn probably
Doc: Protecting Vand is probably a good idea
Vig: unless you're a 1 shot try Rajam or UTD
Allow me to interpret this:

Cop: I'll tell you who to investigate so you don't hit me or my scumbuddies.
Doc: Be predictable. It makes nightkilling easier.

Vig: Kill someone random. I might even throw a scumbuddy on the list, so if you hit him, It'll semi-clear me.

X1, I have my eye on you.

Top Bottom