• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Mafia - X1-12 lynched! Town wins! X1-12, Indie survivor, wins a bit less!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I completely agree with you Van on the cop, doc. and Vig thing. I say cop should investigate EP, doc should keep alive whoever they feel (trying to direct it just becomes a game of wine so just go with who you want), and Vig should kill an inactive/someone on the DL (I say Sir B, X1, or Zac). But emphasis on investigating EP over Dastrn. Especially if Xsyven flips scum.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
OS give us a vote count please...

Zen I lok wekre your headss at. Saying if xysven flps scum to investigate ep is exactly what i have been thinking.

i probs shouldnt be posting now im kinda drunk, i just thought id do this cos i saw omni or omis or whichever one isn't 16... but man i really think xsyven is scum, like i havent seen 1 townie thing come from him. so zen i think your obvtown, but i really hope you are, and i think mk is too, but thats mainly cos of his role

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So **** it, I'm going to claim to hopefully sway a few people. Looks like OS is having a hard time finding a replacement anyway.

I'm Azrael, town vig. I can kill any player any night with whatever weapon I choose from.

I'll probably be the first or second to get nightkilled, but hopefully this claim will save the town a mislynch.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Was busy most of yesterday with school+an MTG draft, and went to bed late and woke up late. Sorry guys. :<

Want to do a full re-read now. *dives*

---

Pre-emptive ninja-edit: Woah wtf @ vig claim. Xsy wasn't on my lynch list for toDay in the first place and he certainly isn't now.

Xsy can you kill every night, or is it one-shot, or would you rather not say?

X1-12

Smash Champion
X1, can you answer this question as well.
Xys has made connections to 3 players, largely to MK and Vanderzant. Dastrn too, to a lesser extent. Xys's "Oh you're so indy" could be seen as a poor attempt to distance himself, and everyone else from MK. Its something to keep an eye on but I wouldn't waste a cop investigation on it or anything. Vand has connections too, where they were argueing, Xys calling Vand "too active" to be town (ridiculous) however with Vands current play I am happy with him as town. I would probably suggest the cop investigates Dastrn (agree with Vand)

I also don't beleive the vig claim, I fully suspect OS has given scum safe claims, and its possible Xys is SK claiming vig.

IF THERE IS A VIG OUT THERE: Think carefully before you counter-claim.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shrugs. Investigate me if I'm the best target. I wouldn't mind being cleared early. I think there's better targets thus far, though.

Xsyven, I don't think I believe you're town. Maybe indie vig but not town. I'll explain why after N1. I'll explain why I waited too.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I also don't beleive the vig claim, I fully suspect OS has given scum safe claims, and its possible Xys is SK claiming vig.
You honestly don't see how easy it is to see if Xsy's claim is true or not? :/

I wouldn't mind waiting for a counterclaim, though, as long as this doesn't halt talking/activity altogether, but I still think it's unlikely we'll get one, what with mafia+SK+vig being balls-to-the-wall ridonculous, and mafia claiming vig D1 is perhaps even more insane. Xsy be the vig yo.

That said, X1/Zen/Sir Bedevere/Xsy/Dastrn are not CCing thus far. Waiting on 7.

---

Done my reread. Had to do it twice because I came to bad conclusions the first time lol. Maybe I still have. >_>

Sir B., Top 3 scum picks and why?
1. Rajam, and subsequently 2. EdreesesPieces, and then somewhat subsequently 3. Dastrn.
#108: Agreed with the point about Edreeses. As scum he could've just let that pass and pressure M-K with the post restriction thing.

#115: Agreed with Zεη's points here. Lame case on J from Dastrn just because of J's inactivity in other game; pretty easy to use that as scum. And Dastrn's reaction gives me bad vibes
These two lines (from the same post) look really weird together. I really don't understand why he said the first thing; pointing out that Edreeses did not do something scummy when he COULD have is, uh...not town? Scum can do "not scummy" things easily, the fact that Edreeses did something "not scummy" when he could have done something "scummy" is pretty irrelevant. The same can be said for what Dastrn said.

Then Rajam's next line confuses things even further. He doesn't condone Dastrn's attack on J, as pretty much everyone else had, and says he gets a "bad vibe" from him. What, then, was the point of agreeing with Dastrn on Edreeses? It wasn't to make Dastrn seem townie, or he wouldn't have included it in the same post as he would getting "bad vibes" from him. I feel that the reason Rajam agreed with Dastrn was to further propagate the idea that Edreeses was town in order to make Edreese seem like a worse play; this is further backed up by the fact that this was effectively the only time Rajam ever had anything protown to say about anyone. Additionally, Rajam getting "bad vibes" from Dastrn could be a weak attempt at distancing, but it doesn't have to be in order for Rajam to be scum.

Dastrn, you opting to reveal the smart indie play makes me think you are either town or scum, and not indie. Don't know if that read helps but it might in the future. I agree with Vander though that you jumped to that conclusion a little too fast on MK, but I see it as an act of trying desperately to scumhunt when not much material is available, which is consistent with what you said about going after J over aggressively early as new technique.
Really wishy washy stuff, especially the first part. Most important though is that Edreeses was indirectly defending Dastrn at a time when the pressure on Dastrn from his bad attack on J was wearing off, to further put him into the range of "not being a play".

I don't like Dastrn for most of what's already been stated.

There are some pretty weird interactions between these 3, and though I could be wrong about them all being scum, I'm pretty sure there's at least 1 scum among them. I therefore think Rajam's the best play, as I think he's the most useless and the one most likely to be scum.

Vote: Rajam

also ok with Zac/X1 dying, for general uselessness. xsy kill them please, don't care if you're vig or sk. :<

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Xys has made connections to 3 players, largely to MK and Vanderzant. Dastrn too, to a lesser extent. Xys's "Oh you're so indy" could be seen as a poor attempt to distance himself, and everyone else from MK. Its something to keep an eye on but I wouldn't waste a cop investigation on it or anything. Vand has connections too, where they were argueing, Xys calling Vand "too active" to be town (ridiculous) however with Vands current play I am happy with him as town. I would probably suggest the cop investigates Dastrn (agree with Vand)
I do not feel you really answered my question on who you think we should go after if Xsyven is lynched. It seems a bit dodgey =/ So are you saying you want to look into MK and Dastrn more? All you really said was Xsyven has showed somewhat that he might have connections to Vand, MK, and Dastrn. Can you be more specific?

Also what if Xsyv flips town? Then who should we look into?

I wouldn't mind waiting for a counterclaim, though, as long as this doesn't halt talking/activity altogether, but I still think it's unlikely we'll get one, what with mafia+SK+vig being balls-to-the-wall ridonculous, and mafia claiming vig D1 is perhaps even more insane. Xsy be the vig yo.

That said, X1/Zen/Sir Bedevere/Xsy/Dastrn are not CCing thus far. Waiting on 7.

---

Done my reread. Had to do it twice because I came to bad conclusions the first time lol. Maybe I still have. >_>

1. Rajam, and subsequently 2. EdreesesPieces, and then somewhat subsequently 3. Dastrn.

These two lines (from the same post) look really weird together. I really don't understand why he said the first thing; pointing out that Edreeses did not do something scummy when he COULD have is, uh...not town? Scum can do "not scummy" things easily, the fact that Edreeses did something "not scummy" when he could have done something "scummy" is pretty irrelevant. The same can be said for what Dastrn said.

Then Rajam's next line confuses things even further. He doesn't condone Dastrn's attack on J, as pretty much everyone else had, and says he gets a "bad vibe" from him. What, then, was the point of agreeing with Dastrn on Edreeses? It wasn't to make Dastrn seem townie, or he wouldn't have included it in the same post as he would getting "bad vibes" from him. I feel that the reason Rajam agreed with Dastrn was to further propagate the idea that Edreeses was town in order to make Edreese seem like a worse play; this is further backed up by the fact that this was effectively the only time Rajam ever had anything protown to say about anyone. Additionally, Rajam getting "bad vibes" from Dastrn could be a weak attempt at distancing, but it doesn't have to be in order for Rajam to be scum.

Really wishy washy stuff, especially the first part. Most important though is that Edreeses was indirectly defending Dastrn at a time when the pressure on Dastrn from his bad attack on J was wearing off, to further put him into the range of "not being a play".

I don't like Dastrn for most of what's already been stated.

There are some pretty weird interactions between these 3, and though I could be wrong about them all being scum, I'm pretty sure there's at least 1 scum among them. I therefore think Rajam's the best play, as I think he's the most useless and the one most likely to be scum.

Vote: Rajam

also ok with Zac/X1 dying, for general uselessness. xsy kill them please, don't care if you're vig or sk. :<
I like Sir B.'s case against Rajam. It also got me to realize something when I did my re-read. A few people have had problems with what he had to say and I would like to quote them here.

But I'm not and he doesn't.

You can twist whichever argument by using the modifier "If you were (blank)", that simply creates the situation possible for your interpretation of the information to come true. It doesn't hold a valid point.
@Rajam

Is there any way for you to go faster? I mean, I'm happy that you're not being totally inactive, but you're not gonna be caught up for a while probably not until the Night phase. And some of the stuff you're saying is irrelevant at this point (like my mentioning other games, which OS talked about, and J NOT scumhunting).
@Rajam that discussion has been done to death. I've already talked about what I think of those who think I'm indy, that they have no basis for that and it makes NO sense based on either a) the job of indies b) MY playstyle c) blending into town (which is what indies want).

Nothing about me being indy makes sense. Why would I put myself out on a limb like this?
I can somewhat understand why you did this. Afterall, you did say you were only at post 165 so you couldn't have seen these posts yet but let me give you some insight.

This post is about me confronting the inactivity issue Dastrn, Edresse, X-1, and Gordito all had on me and pointing out Sir B. not doing to much at all.

This post shows what I think of MK's claim.

However I will elaborate for you. MK's play is a good at the moment. He is chasing people who he thinks is scum even with his restriction. Also once he thinks someone is scum he does not let it go and persues it. I really like this. I am pretty sure I answered this but if you want more please say so.

This post is me comparing UTD and Sir B. How inactive each are and how UTD's posts were somewhat lacking at the time.

This is me asking UTD about a post he made.

Rajam, please state your current top 3 people who you think is scum. Explainations for why each one would be nice. Also when you catch up, what do you think of Xsyven after he announced he is gonna replace out?
First point, if there are like 4 or 5 players just coasting how do we pressure them ALL at once, except with the threat that they do not improve we lynch them?

You don't need to have any real level of intelligence to determine who is inactive. Inactive =/= scum. I'd rather use my vote and pressure people who are legitimately SCUMMY.

Yeah I probably would lynch someone if they were totally inactive. No one really fits that criteria right now, which is why I want to lynch who I feel to be scum.

Second point: Well I might as well just copy paste the entire player list bar MK and a few others, because there were a LOT of people saying MK is dead weight and we need to lynch him before LYLO.

They can't ALL be scum, so I figured that they all were just parroting eachother, and probably just didn't think it through.
There is Sir B's post above which states he disagrees with it as well. Plus both me AND Sir. B being able to do a complete read-through before he has posted again is just ridiculous. Why should we be waiting again for him to re-read and catch up and then make posts that aren't necessarily being right? He has not answered any of our questions. And some of us have had problems with what he has said in all when he does put insight to what he thinks. He is a detriment to the town and I believe he is probably scum especially after what Sir B has pointed out.

FoS: Rajam

Also at the vig thing, I would prefer UTD over X1. He has said that he would be doing more however he hasn't posted since he said he would. Also I feel X1 is doing more than him. However it is completely up to you Xsyv.

Guess I'll take back what I said about not applying pressure xD. I'll just post-pone my projects til after the weekend. I'd much rather play mafia + FFXIV.
Where are you at UTD? Can you answer our questions?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

IF THERE IS A VIG OUT THERE: Think carefully before you counter-claim.
X1 is that all? What about all the votes on Xsyven?

Shrugs. Investigate me if I'm the best target. I wouldn't mind being cleared early. I think there's better targets thus far, though.

Xsyven, I don't think I believe you're town. Maybe indie vig but not town. I'll explain why after N1. I'll explain why I waited too.
Well, do you still think Xsyven is the play toDay? If you think he's scum now, we should still lynch him right?

What is this? Why is it insane for scum to claim vig on day 1 when they're on the chopping block? At worst, they can force the real vig out (if there is one) and if not, they may be kept alive based on their claim.

Do you think most people who want to lynch Xsyven would consider not lynching him toDay if he'd claimed vanilla townie?

I do not feel you really answered my question on who you think we should go after if Xsyven is lynched. It seems a bit dodgey =/ So are you saying you want to look into MK and Dastrn more? All you really said was Xsyven has showed somewhat that he might have connections to Vand, MK, and Dastrn. Can you be more specific?

Also what if Xsyv flips town? Then who should we look into?

Also at the vig thing, I would prefer UTD over X1. He has said that he would be doing more however he hasn't posted since he said he would. Also I feel X1 is doing more than him. However it is completely up to you Xsyv.

Where are you at UTD? Can you answer our questions?
J I get this vibe from your post that you already believe that Xsyven is the town vigilante? The way you're talking about him, there is no uncertainty... you're talking like he's 100% confirmed.

@All:

Why are we waiting on a counter claim? It's a closed set up, so if Xsyven is scum, it's not like he'd have a safe claim (and it's standard that mafia have safe role + flavour claims) that directly conflicts with a town role?

Anyway I'm loving this split in opinions and reactions to Xsyven's claim. @Xsyven what do you make of it? Are you prepared to direct your night kill at who town suggests?

I'm worried that we're not going to lynch him based on a claim, and the last game I played as scum, my 2 partners claimed Town Nurse and Town Jailer respectively and lived longer then they would have otherwise.

Thinking about possibilities for using Xsyven... I'm worried that scum are going to be able to manipulate not only Xsyven's potential nightkill, but tomorrow's lynch as a result of it, along with all the wifom.

BUT, the prospect of eliminating 2 of Rajam and UTD and X1 is too good to pass up imo.

I need to have a reread when my headache isn't so bad, but I think a better idea would be to lynch either X1 or UTD and have Xsyven nightkill one of the others. I need to figure out where the Rajam hate has stemmed from, but from memory, I didn't find Rajam scummier then X1 or UTD, but he seems to have a push on him for being scummy as opposed to useless (when it should just be useless).

@Zen/MK: what order do you think the above should occur if we are to not lynch Xsyven, and @Dastrn: in case I forgot to ask are you ok with Xsyven dieing toDay, and do you think he's the best bet?

M.K

Level 55
@Vand , I'm not really understanding what you are saying to order? You mean who dies and who's killed by Xsyven or...?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
2. I don't like xsyven's play, and I'm going to vote for him now, but I'll be fair and mention that xsyven and I always butt heads in mafia, and then get along just fine in normal interactions. Our joke votes at each other were because our last game was pretty tense during a critical D3, and I did everything I could to thwart his plans all day, since I was indy and had ALL the information in that game by then, and I had a pretty clear path to victory if I just ****ed with xsyven long enough to get my way. I don't expect to like his play in this game, since we so easily find ourselves arguing in mafia games. With that said, I don't think we've ever been on the same faction yet, and I wonder if our arguing is a result of us having completely separate objectives every time we play. I wonder this specifically because we get along fine outside of mafia games. that makes me think that we're not on the same faction AGAIN this game, meaning he's probably scum.

vote: Xsyven

Personally, I'd prefer we end D1 in the next 24 hours and get a little new information to work with, so we can get past a lot of the silly arguing that we've had to do this D1 (common D1 stuff, but I want something to compare it to.)
OMG how'd this go under everyone's nose, am I the only townie here srsly. Dastrn you vote Xsyven but in the same post exclude yourself from any responsibility if he were to flip town?! Saying "xsyven and I always butt heads in mafia" and "we so easily find ourselves arguing in mafia games" and to top it all off a little bit of "I don't think we've ever been on the same faction." I mean wow, I try not to second guess my thoughts too much, but I'm starting to think that Xsyven should never be a play ever.

---

@MK Ninja

Well considering the possibility that Xsyven is town, he's probably going to die if he's a vig targetting scum right? And everyone and their mother wants Rajam first (for barely no reason really). And I want to see who you would want to guarantee a lynch on. I know who I would (just want your perspective)

M.K

Level 55
Let me put it this way:

Rajam
UTDZac

X1-12
Zen
Dastrn
Meta-Kirby
J
EdreesesPieces
Sir Bedevere
Xsyven
GorditoBoy69
Vanderznat

Everybody in Green is good in my book for one reason or another.

Everybody in DeepSkyBlue is playing a decent game at this point, yet I also feel might be slip-sloppin' under the radar just a tad. I know it's alot of people, but this category is more or less neutral.

Everybody in Yellow, Xsyven, has played pretty badly, but has something going for him that allows me to believe that he's good in my book for at least one day. Let me put that into context: Should something come up that discredits his ****, then he falls immediately into the next category.

Those that find themselves in the Red category have made terrible or no impact in this game whatsoever. Many are playing defensive or passive-aggressive games that seem to focus more on emotionally toying with their opposition than defending their own positions. Many make blanket statements or huge generalizations that nobody could trust without prior knowledge. I'd suspect at least one scum is in this category.

---------------------

Let's take those in the Red Category and Examine them now:

Rajam:

Probably close to the top of the Red Category, near Yellow. He seems to be getting alot of flack for simply taking long to post his analysis. Whether this is because people don't find his analysis worth the time or because scum is trying to push an easy target, I've not a clue why people are pushing this hard. He's....decently suspicious, but I'm also somewhat willing to allow him to live.

UTDZac:

Where'd you go? I miss you so, seems like it's been forever, since you've been goneee~~Fort Minor.

But yeah, just in general playing a ****ty game, and now he's fallen back into a sort of inactivity thing that I'm not comfortable with. The ends he's claimed to tied up are still loose , in my opinion. Also, he seems to be getting alot of slack from other members in the Red group, something I do not feel is appropriate.

Dastrn:

Eww. Just.....eww. Bottom, of the red, for sure. Too much EVERYTHING is bad with his play. Trying to wiggle out of blame by applying pseudo-pressure, I've seen it done, and I know it when I see it XD. "So, yeah, we he flips town, even though I totally contributed to it, I don't actually think he was scum!" no sorry, that doesn't fly well with me.

GorditoBoyyyyyyy, wassup

No, not wassup. Vand, I'm not sure how uncomfortable you are with this guy, but I dun like him one bit.
Do you watch Futurama? If so, remember the part where Fry was trying to buy a Christmas present for Leela, and he was trying to decide between the 1 Parrot and the 500 lizards? He was like "The parrot, no the lizards, the parrot, the lizards, OKAY THE PARROT....

....LIZARDS!

..............THE PARROT!"

That's how I feel like this guy is playing. He makes statements (see: defending Zac), then retracts them when he gets pressured, making some excuse, but at the verrryyy end of his statement, he'll be like "....buuuutttt I still just think this way". Um, no, you don't, or you wouldn't have defended yourself like that. >_>
He can go.

So out of the Reds, I'm willing to destroy:

-Gord
-Dastrn

I'm willing to destroy if it CAME to it:

-Zac

I'm willing to let live for now:

-Raj.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
LOL I love that futurama episode. I could buy the parrot... or 500 lizards!!! Girls like swarms of lizards right?

I agree with your reads, except I just get this townish vibe from Gord. I'd still lynch him, but he's probably a deep sky blue for me.

I'd put X1 in your group of reds, and probably near the bottom. I might focus my thoughts on him a bit more later, but I get this feeling like he's just been lurking, and every now and then he'll have a little burst of trying to do something pro-town, except it just makes me think "...why'd he post that?"

And yeah Dastrn is a good lynch too. I can see him being town (which is why I'd probably prefer a cop investigation), but then I see that he's played a couple of mafia games before, and seems to be pretty smart... but he's done some ****ty things and generally played bad. It's just not very townie at all :/.

So I'd probably go for an X1 lynch. But I guess I'd be happy with Dastrn too... but GAH this is hard. But I don't really want a gord lynch or shot. The shot should be UTD over Rajam too.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Wow didn't realize my last post was slightly over 48 hours ago. I thought I had posted to answer your question Zen yesterday, but I guess hitting submit on my iPhone didn't go through. My bad.

Answers to your questions before Xys claimed (which I meant to post but it never went through): Yeah I think Xys should go, especially if he's opting for a replaced this late. As for Edreeses, I mean there's really not much I can take from that except he made an obvious slip. He responded with as safe of a response as possible, "I have no reason why I missed it, I don't really know myself how I overlooked those posts."

I'm sorry for the lack of posts. I spent all of today working on a college project and barely had time to skim any of smashboards during breaks.

I'll be back tomorrow afternoon (Sunday) after re-read all of the posts so far and then do some more scum hunting.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
**** it Zen with that voice of reason :urg:

I wrote out a big post trying to figure out how we can work this vig thing in our advantage

[collapse=vig]Zen if Xsyven is mafia we'll know by tomorrow. If he's alive and who we tell him to kill isn't, we lynch him.

If he's a Serial Killer, either the mafia will kill him because we're controlling who he kills... or we control who he kills and they die.

If he's mafia and kills who we say, then that's good because we get rid of someone we don't want as opposed to losing someone useful, and we'll figure what he his further down the track.

If he is town, mafia would be IDIOTS to try and role block him. Because considering the villians flavour, a tracker/watcher would be pretty likely. A tracker could check to see if Xsy targets whoever we say (if roleblocked) or a watcher could tell us if Xsy is targeted.

He wouldn't of claimed a town killing role if he couldn't back it up, so either way we use him, abuse him and throw him out if he is caught out.[/collapse]

But you know what? We don't know any of the mechanics. I just have a real hard time seeing how this isn't going to bite us in the ***.

@Dastrn: You need to explain why Xsyven can't be town.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@J: If Xys flips scum then look into dastrn, If he flips town then idk, I'd still want to hear more from Dastrn, His "Oh investigate me I'd love to be cleared" sounds really gambity, like he is an indy or godfather but idk for sure. Was it MK who said about Cello_Marl riding on his clear investigation to endgame when he was indy.

@Sir Bed: We'd have to wait 2 nights to find out if he is a vig or SK

@Anyone who is calling me more useless than zac, get your brain checked. Zac is actively prod-dodging with no content nor answers to questions, I'm posting when I can, answering everything at me and posting W/E stands out

@All who haven't said it: What is your thoughts on the claim?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Tandora has now replaced Xsyven.

Votecount incoming

(Xsyven, please post no more)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vote Count:
Xsyven (5) - X1-12, Zen, GorditoBoy69, EdreesesPieces, Dastrn
Dastrn (1) - Xsyven
UTD Zac (1)- Dastrn
EdreesesPieces (1) - UTDZac,

Not Voting:
Meta-Kirby, J, Rajam, Sir Bedevere, Vanderzant,

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, Oct. 6th, at 3:00 p.m. EST

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I haven't fully read what I've missed, but as far as that vig claim goes:

Does anybody wonder why Xysven was SO intent on MK being an indy? Because he KNEW that there was an indy out there. He was SO intent on MK being exposed as an indy, but he went at it from the completely wrong angle. There's no way to distinguish between a vig and an SK, but I can see Xysven being anti town, rather than a town vig. He doesn't have to be scum, but getting rid of the indy is still a good choice.

#HBC | Gorf

@Everybody

Do we want to give Tandora time to reread and possibly sway the vote from her? She might not be as bad of a player as Xysven, but still, everybody MUST remember: Tandora is STILL Xysven. The player slot is scummy. The PLAYER SLOT is getting ready for the lynch. So we can't just let Tandora hoodwink us so easily. Just a quick thought.

#HBC | Gorf

@MK

Have you ever heard of "looking at both sides"? Yea. That's what I did for the Zac scenario. I get more of a town vibe from his meta. But putting meta aside, I can clearly see why nobody would like him at this point. So I'm not coming down on anybody for thinking that he's scum, lynch Zac. I don't want a lynch on him toDay. Simple as that.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
As you all know, I'm going to be the replacement. I don't know why but it feels like whenever a replacement is called in, it's for a very suspicious player. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me, so feel free to throw the punches.

Here's a fast version of my thoughts since we're at page 9 and no one wants to read a novel length post.
1) I've been reading since Friday evening when I got OS's invite. I'm fairly caught up and ready to go.
2) I understand why Xysven brought up MK possibly being indy. I just think he got kinda tunneled on it.
3) I've been scum partners with Rajam and his playstyle was like this then.
4) I remember Zac being really lurky when I was scum in the same game.
5) I believe MK's town claim. As a show of good faith, I am going to vote for MK at this time. Not because I think he is scum, but because this will allow him to vote for me w/o being penalized. I will leave this vote on overnight so he will have time to vote me if he wishes. After that I will remove the vote.

VOTE METAKIRBY

6) Xysven did tell the truth. I'm vigilante. I am suspicious about this though. We're only a 12 player game and I have no restrictions on how often I can use my ability. If the player with this role was bad at knowing who to kill, it would be a fast end for town. The ability to choose my own weapon seems interesting too. Either it's just flavor for OS to throw at people or the type of weapon might have no affect on the chosen target. He did use Dracula as his opening example. I might need to use a stake or silver to be able to affect supernatural foes.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xsyven CAN be town. I just don't THINK he is. I don't like Indie hunting before Scum hunting, so I'm ok with switching lynch targets toDay if there's a better play. But my reasons for thinking X7 is not town:

1. The same posts we've all been linking citing anti-town mentalities in general. I won't search back through right now, since I'm sitting with my grandparents, uncles, brothers, and nieces right now, and I'd rather be LYNCHED than waste an extra half hour on mafia re-making the case we've all built on xsy already.

2. If he's anti-town, he's either scum or indie. he can't back up his claim if he's scum. Therefore, I think he's likely indie.

3. One possibility is that he IS scum, and he's just claiming to buy himself one day so we can mislynch today instead of hitting him first. Maybe he's got a night ability as scum that is a one-shot, and he just needs to stay alive today so he can use his ability once and then when he can't back up his vig claim, he gets killed tomorrow. that way, we mislynch potentially toDay, scum gets a night ability advantage, and then we have an obvious target tomorrow when only one person dies tonight, which slows down chat, since we know who to kill right away. It makes it hard to get ANY information until D3, and by then scum has had 2 night kills, plus we've mislynched already. Down to 6 town and 2 scum/indie.

If this scenario happens, look for one or two people to jump to xsyven't defense and say "here's why he might be telling the truth. One of those two will be scum. One will be gullible town. If we let xsy live through D2 we're screwed already. He's gotta die in 2 days or we're in trouble.

Lot's of options. I can appreciate the wisdom in switching targets toDay to let xsyven prove himself in the night. The question is who do we switch to at this point?

@vand I pretty clearly expressed why I was putting pressure on xsy. If you want me to be more aggressive and less fair in my posts, then you'll be disappointed. I don't see any reason to cover all the bases when making my posts. I know you think I was just trying to absolve myself from my vote while voting. But i think i'd be foolish to not put my thoughts out there to be used. Scum keep their motives secret and ignore certain possibilities to let stuff slip through. Town puts it all out there so we can work off of it. If I think that xsy is the play, but I have some reservations about which way he'll flip, I'd be DISHONEST to hide those thoughts. I don't wants to explain myself later. THAT will sound scummy. I should share my thoughts when I have them.

The only thing we should keep hidden is our reactions to potential night actions. I have a feeling that Xsyven's night actions will show who he really is. I'm going to let him screw up because I think I know what he'll do in relation to town's recommendation, and I think it will give us information. I don't want to show my thoughts on this one because then he can apply some yomi and trix us. Gonna keep my thoughts hidden on this one until nextDay and then I'll explain.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Tanny, #5 is the scummiest thing you or xsyven has done.

Could you elaborate more on number 2?

And did OS say which weapons you could choose from?

M.K

Level 55

Does anybody wonder why Xysven was SO intent on MK being an indy? Because he KNEW that there was an indy out there. He was SO intent on MK being exposed as an indy, but he went at it from the completely wrong angle. There's no way to distinguish between a vig and an SK, but I can see Xysven being anti town, rather than a town vig. He doesn't have to be scum, but getting rid of the indy is still a good choice.
Like seriously, Vanderzant, look at this above. How does any of this make sense? How did Xsyven KNOW there is an indy out there, and why exactly does that give any possibly insight to the game at hand other than "Xsyven was right, but wrong! But Right! THE PARROT!"

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm not sure how I feel about the way this is worded. I just don't really like it. "PLEASE kill them idc who you are." =x Idk seems off to me.

J I get this vibe from your post that you already believe that Xsyven is the town vigilante? The way you're talking about him, there is no uncertainty... you're talking like he's 100% confirmed.
I should be ashamed of myself for believing it just like that. T~T I did that in the DR game and it cost us greatly. TPK claimed Odd Night Doc and was able to survive the entire game when in reality he was the Town Traitor. The thing is however now I can actually believe what Tandora is saying more now. Let's look at the OP first:

Special Notes
  1. Knowledge of major villains isn't necessary to play, but it could help. Google some. Or something.
  2. Your character identity is important! Some people are given special information or hints about your character, so protect your identity at all costs.
Then when Tandora said this:

6) Xysven did tell the truth. I'm vigilante. I am suspicious about this though. We're only a 12 player game and I have no restrictions on how often I can use my ability. If the player with this role was bad at knowing who to kill, it would be a fast end for town. The ability to choose my own weapon seems interesting too. Either it's just flavor for OS to throw at people or the type of weapon might have no affect on the chosen target. He did use Dracula as his opening example. I might need to use a stake or silver to be able to affect supernatural foes.
Why would OS say to keep your identity on who you are a secret? Usually names mean absolutely nothing unless they have some sort of twist. (i.e. Mario Kart Mafia and this one Villains Mafia) The vigilante has to CHOOSE wisely on how she/he would want to kill their target. He reccommends we all look at major villains and also to never give out our secret identities. I assume to show our WEAKNESSES. Every villain ever created has a weakness of some sort. Reason being people have hints or "ways" at which to make it bad for us. So actually let's look at it like this scenario: (WIFOM by the cases)

We tell Tandora to kill UTD. She chooses Dagger, UTD is actually the Mummy (lol) in which Fire is what would only be able to kill him. She fails at killing him and then she looks WORSE then she already does to the town. We end up lynching someone who we can actually manipulate to help us. When we tell Tandora who we want to kill we are going to have to pick the most broad weapon that would be able to kill more than one villain. Otherwise we waste a vig kill.

Also this opens the question of why OS is letting the vig choose WHATEVER weapon they want. Normally a gun would be suffice or another normal weapon but this also brings to mind there are special conditions on how each one of us can be killed.

ToNight for the vig kill (if she really is the vig), I say she chooses a loaded gun with a silver bullet. Guns will kill anyone not supernatural. The silver will deal with possible Werewolves and Vampires. Or does anyone have any better idea on the weapon of choice? =x

To the claim I do not believe 100%. However I believe we should test it tonight. This kindof brings a different side to your logic Vand. Your right however, we have absolutely NO clue if this is correct. Also we do not know if this is the game's mechanic or not. But do we have a better guess to it? I am just looking at things and I can see no other way the game mechanic can work with such a broad mind. =S

Vand/Zen/MK - Thoughts on this WIFOM/theory/thingy and if you agree to allowing a test, who should be vig killed and with which weapon?

Gordito this confuses me ALOT @_@ I just don't get what you are trying to say. So is Xsyven correct or false? I'm gonna have to agree with MK on *i'm just gonna call this theory* "The Parrot Theory"

I'm gonna have to FoS you on that.

@Edreese: You have been awful quiet lately...where are you at? Also what are your thoughts on the claim, Gordito, and this complete WIFOM.

#HBC | Gorf

To go into more detail...

XYSVEN'S THE INDY THAT HE KNOWS WAS OUT THERE. I thought it was made perfectly clear.

And if it's not bolded, italicized, underlined, or highlighted enough, GETTING RID OF THE INDY. As in, THE ONE AND ONLY indy that Xysven was trying to make MK look like.

#HBC | Gorf

@J

That whole talk about the flavour... it makes sense. I never pieced it together.

What about we think of something that can kill anything, or anyone, no matter what the special conditions are? Like, for example, a nuclear explosion? The only known thing to survive one is a cockroach, and I can't see something like a mummy, or Dracula, or a werewolf, or almost anything survive one.

M.K

Level 55
Calm the **** down. The excessive use of expletives only makes me take your case less and less seriously.

Looking into what you say.

#HBC | Gorf

@MK

I'm sorry, but I thought that the message was crystal clear. Obviously it wasn't, so I decided to go into detail in my 354.

M.K

Level 55
I'm getting less and less comfortable lynching Tandora.
I'm not sure I want to vote for her. She's almost made up for Xsyven's play. Almost.
@Tanny, the only way you'd be showing me "respect" is if I were to vote for you, which is killing you. Why again are you voting for me?

#HBC | Gorf

3) I've been scum partners with Rajam and his playstyle was like this then.
4) I remember Zac being really lurky when I was scum in the same game.
So...

3) Rajam is scum?

4) Was Zac town or scum in said game?

If the above wasn't what you were implying, then who are your two scum picks?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Not liking Gordito anymore. We should lynch him.

Also J, a Serial Killer could have that exact same role and I'm not sure I think Tanny is a Vig.

Top Bottom