• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VIDEO UP Waveland/Reverse Moonwalk Advance Technique

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VmxHhy6JJJE (works with more than just Luigi, it works with every character, just watch the whole thing)

This is done simply by using the momentum of running, jumping forward and DIing back, and if you use one extra step as soon as you land, you get the full amount of what I call the CraqWalk. This has about the same amount of distance as a wavedash in Melee, and is a bit slower, but easy to do, and anything can be performed out of it.

The wave land was discovered by Deva (godly Link player) using Marth, starting with a dash, jump forward, backair, and DI forward, allowing Marth to slide forward. It's in the video.

Will post the video soon, I will make an edit to this post when I do.

Pi

Smash Hero
Okay, I read through the big advanced Melee Tech's guide and out of all of them, only found 2 advanced techs named after the people who discovered them. Not only that, but they put them to use in tournaments.

Vidjo Drop: Because of Peach’s float she has the unique ability to utilize the IASA-factor (Interruptible As Soon As-Factor) in a special way, known as the Vidjo drop. Under normal conditions throwing or dropping a turnip requires the loss of floating for that jump. However, if you perform an aerial attack and time hitting A or Z at just the right moment, you can actually cancel that attack and toss or drop the turnip while maintaining your float. The Dair is the easiest to perform the Vidjo Drop with because the move has 6 ISAI frames, meaning you can drop or toss the turnip 6 frames before the animation actually ends and still be floating.
Wobbling: Named after the player who first used the technique to success in a tournament (not to the discoverer, the move has actually been around since 2004), wobbling is when the Ice Climbers grab an opponent and infinite using the forward tilt in a well timed repetition. It works against any character on any stage starting at a low percentage until the Ice Climbers player decides to end the infinite. The only stipulations are that the Ice Climbers must land a properly spaced grab and that both Ice Climbers must be present to perform the infinite.

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
Well it certainly works thats for sure. I just tested it. But seriously man, naming a technique after yourself is so...lame.

Thino

Smash Master
ah I knew that being able to stop your jump momentum would produce something like that but still , u gotta jump first , nice find anyway

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Reverse Moonwalk? Wouldn't that be... walking forward?
It's hard to explain, honestly. Video will be up in a few, hold on until I get it up, you'll see. It's not just something stupid, it's actually useful for spacing and mind games.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Okay, I read through the big advanced Melee Tech's guide and out of all of them, only found 2 advanced techs named after the people who discovered them. Not only that, but they put them to use in tournaments.
You're stating the obvious, and no one gives a ****. Let's actually talk about the technique, shall we?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
You're stating the obvious, and no one gives a ****. Let's actually talk about the technique, shall we?
Video is in processing on youtube right now, been about 10 minutes since I finished uploading.
When it's finished I expect we can all further discuss potential use.

err

Smash Journeyman
ya i actually like that name. of course,, the community will probably decide to call it something descriptive (meaning no one will have any idea what it is just by the name alone)

seriously though i think this naming debacle is wiitawded. I think everyone's just afraid we're gonna end up with another "wavedash" (imo the LAMEST name ever.. why wasn't it just called 'sliding'?)

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I just watched the video. It looks pretty useful considering that you can use any smash while moving like this.

Are tilts possible too? Or does doing them cancel the slide? If you were to press slightly up or down on the left stick and use the right stick to tilt, could you use any tilt from one of these slides?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I just watched the video. It looks pretty useful considering that you can use any smash while moving like this.

Are tilts possible too? Or does doing them cancel the slide? If you were to press slightly up or down on the left stick and use the right stick to tilt, could you use any tilt from one of these slides?
All moves are possible, and the slide goes on. I'd imagine some moves might even improve the slide, such as Luigi's fsmash, but I just play as Marth, so I dunno. This is too good for using with Marth.

Also, note that Nana trips in the end of the video, and Popo doesn't, confirming the whole random trip thing. Unless I desynced her, or something. (I didn't.)

Arteen

Smash Lord
Naming some technique after yourself? How adorable. Keep the names descriptive and stop being conceited.

And seriously, "craqwalk"? Try pronouncing that: "Crack walk." Who want say that they can "glide cancel into a crack-walked, DLX-hit-canceled, hyphen smash ink drop"? This is why descriptive names are important.

pirkid

Smash Lord
While I agree that this is a phenomenal find, and is one of those techs that can change the "metagame" (A tech we've been waiting for), the name "Crack Walk" does not fit.

1. It does not describe the tech.
2. It's sounds like something out of European Gangster.
3. You name is icraq. In a few years no one is really going to remember it was you anyways, condiering you joined Feb 2007. This is not a name issue, it's a rep issue. Reputation is maint reason why people are naming techs after themselves.

I'm fine with Reverse Moonwalking (FOR NOW) and you're free to come up with a better name and stick with it, but a craq'dwalk doesn't seem too, prolonged right now, especially since we'd had the game for a week now and no one is clear on anything so far.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Is it possible to slide backwards, or just forwards? Sliding into Pikachu's up tilt would be pretty mean, for example.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
While I agree that this is a phenomenal find, and is one of those techs that can change the "metagame" (A tech we've been waiting for), the name "Crack Walk" does not fit.

3. You name is icraq. In a few years no one is really going to remember it was you anyways, condiering you joined Feb 2007. This is not a name issue, it's a rep issue. Reputation is maint reason why people are naming techs after themselves.

I'm fine with Reverse Moonwalking (FOR NOW) and you're free to come up with a better name and stick with it, but a craq'dwalk doesn't seem too, prolonged right now, especially since we'd had the game for a week now and no one is clear on anything so far.
hi
stop talking about the name
it'll work it self out in time
and don't take stuff so seriously.

just try to figure out some new ideas to do with this, like previous posters have mentioned, okay?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

i agree most with #3

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Is it possible to slide backwards, or just forwards? Sliding into Pikachu's up tilt would be pretty mean, for example.
as far as i know only jumping forward then DI'ing back works, but you can turn around mid slide, or slide towards your opponent

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...This is sweet, it could be useful...

I use luigi as one of my mains in Melee, and I always thought that WaveDashing was worthless, but now that i've gotten *slightly* better at it, it's improved my strategy.

I'm looking forward to using this move

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Cool video, but I'd like to see some actual battle uses.

TC, How long until you upload a video of you using it in a battle?

pirkid

Smash Lord
hi
stop talking about the name
it'll work it self out in time
and don't take stuff so seriously.

just try to figure out some new ideas to do with this, like previous posters have mentioned, okay?
The most I got out of it was that Marth could crack walk into a B-Air and slide towards the enemy that he hit. The B-air gives him the sort of momentum he always had, jsut now he's reverse jumping into it.

Luigi, I ponder, you could try U-Air or crack walk and tornado up again, mindgame style, makinga sort of wavelength shape. (Like a wave in physics).

Really, unless you prove me wrong I don't see much else. Hyphen Smashing is more useful in the fact that you keep sliding, which would work a loot better for Luigi's smashes. This walk makes you stop due to the momentum of the smash, so you have to have the enemy right there.

If the enemy is behind you then, and you jump forward preparing for a crack walk, the enemy will jump after you or jump up. Then your forced to defend youself or follow with a double jump and B-Air/N-Air him.

Call me silly, but I odn't see much practical use out of this outside of Marth and Fox, and some others with amazing B-Airs that need to mindgame it to hit.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
You guys are something else. I would bet money if people elected to name a technique after you because they respected your findings yall would have NO problem at all. However, someone is proud of their discovery and names it after themself(half jokingly probably, too) and you guys jump down their throat rather than give him his ****ing props.

Yall are what they call haters.

Craqwalk sounds pretty pimp. I agree with the guy who says it sounds gangster. Though if everyone has a problem with it's "non descriptiveness"(stupid, since plenty of Melee terminology wasn't descriptive at all) I'm sure something else can be arranged.

This technique looks sick, and could potentially really help characters out. Especially those who are slow and need proper spacing to set stuff up like Ike and Ganondorf.

Can't wait apply it to my game...in 29 days : (

Good find.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
So does marth have to bair to get that distance or can he do it the luigi way?
Edit: Never mind I saw it in the vid. This is a really nice find it has so much fake out potential which was a concern of mine. Does this work well with Pit?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
So does marth have to bair to get that distance or can he do it the luigi way?
Edit: Never mind I saw it in the vid. This is a really nice find it has so much fake out potential which was a concern of mine. Does this work well with Pit?
you mean by luigi way, to not back air at all and just fall with DI?
right, marth can do the same thing without the back air, just that the backair is like adding crack to your jump.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Craqwalk sounds pretty pimp. I agree with the guy who says it sounds gangster. Though if everyone has a problem with it's "non descriptiveness"(stupid, since plenty of Melee terminology wasn't descriptive at all) I'm sure something else can be arranged.
SH Bair Waveland into SHFFL Uair to Fsmash
Short hop Back-air Waveland into Short-hop-fast-fall-l-canceled Up-air to forward smash

^^ From Melee.

Are you telling me that's not descriptive?

How about we make it Muesli flip Pirkidair Superhitzel drop into Eaoded U2k to FS
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Top Bottom