• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VIDEO UP Waveland/Reverse Moonwalk Advance Technique

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Uhm, I wouldn't xall that a technique. Ever ran and then stopped with luigi? Then he glides as well. It's nothing more than the basic mechanics.

Deva

Smash Lord
Watch the part of the video with Marth you'll see how useful it is. Then watch the part with Link to see someone with a lot of traction start sliding.

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
Maybe I'm a nub, but not calling it cragwalk. We're not discovering new territories. I'm not naming calling any move the name of who found it.

Giff

Smash Rookie
what a waste of a topic. a tech that no one will use? stupid name? wow.....

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Uhm, how can you "Discover" something like this anyway? Wavelanding with the new airdodge will have been one of the first things many people tried.

Darqion

Smash Cadet
Hehe you guys are funny, making such a problem because someone named a find.

Is the find.. useless, easy, slow... perhaps, but giving him a hard time because he named something random is a ton more stupid then someone just naming something for kicks

If everyone just sticked to possible utility, and it was found to have none to really speak off this topic wouldve been no bigger then 1 MAYBE 2 pages. way to drag it out

Ill be sure to name my first find the Darqion manoeuvre, and ill be even more sure to "find" out i can punch people first

Gekigarion

Smash Cadet
My gosh, I'm just trying to read to learn more about applicable uses to this technique and I have to read through a billion posts talking about whether it's "advanced" or not or how stupid the name is before I find one actual informative post buried in the middle of it all.

I admit, this technique doesn't seem overly useful, but it doesn't seem useless either. It's certainly not something you can use as often as a wavedash, but does that make it useless? More options are more options. I'm thankful to see topics like this all the time because with every little extra move I learn, no matter how situational, I'll be happy that I learned it when that situation arrives, even if that situation barely ever occurs.

Icraq gave us information, and yet instead of discussing on how to apply this information we're all discussing on how we should classify it. When it comes down to the gameplay, the name doesn't matter. What matters is that you know it exists and you know when to use it and how to use it.

I noted in your comment in youtube that you must be sure to finish your attack animation before landing to do this, so I definitely agree that only characters like Marth will have some true use for this, which is a bit of a pity because the sliding speed might have been useful for some of the slower characters. Although, I haven't tested this out yet, so it may still have some use for them, so I'll keep that in mind.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I did this without knowing it with Marth when I was edgeguarding.

Its just sooooo simple. I dont know why it would be advanced.

Zeenof

Smash Rookie
Too bad all of these "advanced" techniques are just as pathetic as the ones in Melee. All it is is abusing the in-game mechanics then calling it an "advanced technique." It's just cheating and basically glitching. Go and play some Halo if you wanna spend all day abusing the game instead of fighting with skill.

Gekigarion

Smash Cadet
Too bad all of these "advanced" techniques are just as pathetic as the ones in Melee. All it is is abusing the in-game mechanics then calling it an "advanced technique." It's just cheating and basically glitching. Go and play some Halo if you wanna spend all day abusing the game instead of fighting with skill.
If it was a game mechanic that overall wrecked the game as a whole and made it less challenging and competitive, then I could agree with you. But what's wrong with trying to find new information about the game that could possibly reveal the game to be deeper than what was originally thought to be and raise the level of competition? People can call it cheating and unfair, but in the end, it's who wins the competition that comes out with the prize, not the people who "played fair".

I can go to a Melee tournament and tell people that wavedashing is cheating and that I refuse to use it, but that's not going to stop them from using it to destroy me. In the end, the only loser would be me.

You can fight with skill and use "advanced techniques". And you can fight with skill without using them. But really, what's the point in judging people over it?

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtIK-96g0Pc

I think that this "craqwalk" was just some spurt of luck found by someone who actually doesn't know what he is talking about. The starting run for momentum is completely unnecessary to accomplish a dash from a jump. I would have posted this much sooner since I found this out the second day I got brawl, but didn't think anyone would disgrace this technique, giving it a stupid name like "craqwalk", or stupidly post this without full knowledge of how it works. I think a better name for this would be the original name derived from melee - wavedashing - so people won't get all confused about the name. This is just a newer version of the wavedash except on brawl and more limited.

Zeenof

Smash Rookie
If it was a game mechanic that overall wrecked the game as a whole and made it less challenging and competitive, then I could agree with you. But what's wrong with trying to find new information about the game that could possibly reveal the game to be deeper than what was originally thought to be and raise the level of competition? People can call it cheating and unfair, but in the end, it's who wins the competition that comes out with the prize, not the people who "played fair".

I can go to a Melee tournament and tell people that wavedashing is cheating and that I refuse to use it, but that's not going to stop them from using it to destroy me. In the end, the only loser would be me.

You can fight with skill and use "advanced techniques". And you can fight with skill without using them. But really, what's the point in judging people over it?-----
-----

The difference is? The difference is if every moron like you sinks down to the level of cheating just to win, then every other moron like you will sink down to the level of cheating just to win. So in the end you just have a bunch of morons in a circle jerking competition while the few people who actually have skill are in the back embarrassed about how bad you are. There is nothing deep or purposeful about glitches and abusing the game, twisting the hitboxes, and distorting the characters. If they wanted you to be able to break your character in half, and then fly across the map getting one shot kills, then they would have implemented a way to do so without destroying what is great. Instead, worthless individuals who have no true skill have to go out and discover all of these "advanced techniques" just so they can win. Then their excuse can eventually be that "everyone else does it too." No; I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that. It does not prove any amount of skill to win by glitching. Any individual who has ever thought differently should seriously consider killing themselves. Play the game how it's suppose to be, and stop exploiting what they forgot to fix and naming it "advanced techniques." Wanna know a true advanced technique? It's called me putting my foot up your ***** with the actual skill I have, then walking away with my point proven.

Uck

Smash Journeyman

You can fight with skill and use "advanced techniques". And you can fight with skill without using them. But really, what's the point in judging people over it?-----
-----

The difference is? The difference is if every moron like you sinks down to the level of cheating just to win, then every other moron like you will sink down to the level of cheating just to win. So in the end you just have a bunch of morons in a circle jerking competition while the few people who actually have skill are in the back embarrassed about how bad you are. There is nothing deep or purposeful about glitches and abusing the game, twisting the hitboxes, and distorting the characters. If they wanted you to be able to break your character in half, and then fly across the map getting one shot kills, then they would have implemented a way to do so without destroying what is great. Instead, worthless individuals who have no true skill have to go out and discover all of these "advanced techniques" just so they can win. Then their excuse can eventually be that "everyone else does it too." No; I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that. It does not prove any amount of skill to win by glitching. Any individual who has ever thought differently should seriously consider killing themselves. Play the game how it's suppose to be, and stop exploiting what they forgot to fix and naming it "advanced techniques." Wanna know a true advanced technique? It's called me putting my foot up your ***** with the actual skill I have, then walking away with my point proven.

Cmon the advance techs in melee can be done by anyone who took anytime to practice them.There by no means broken like you act them to be.I mean listen to yourself!

Your a sore loser who blames others for your losses when you should be looking within yourself for you inability to truely want to get better at the game.

http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm Read this.

Zeenof

Smash Rookie
I actually have never lost to anyone who has done those petty techniques, ever. And I've taken on plenty of tourny players. There is no getting "better" at cheating. If it doesn't take skill to do in the first place then it will never take skill to use. You couldn't physically beat anyone without the glitches, just admit it. That's why you sink to that level, and then try to justify what you've done. It's not an opinion, it's fact, whether it's easy to use or hard to use, a glitch is a glitch, and abusing the mechanics is still abuse. No skill: Fail.

Gekigarion

Smash Cadet
But what happens when you combine skill AND techniques? I didn't claim to be a skilled player, and I'm not going to debate whether you are one or not either, because that is completely irrelevant to the discussion. Theoretically, if you had two people of the same skill play each other, but one had techniques that allowed him to space/move/attack/mindgame more efficiently, it would be the deciding factor that allowed him to win. And as I said before, the loser can say that the winner was cheating, but that doesn't change the fact that he lost. Unless I was a player of unmatched caliber, I can't go to a tourney knowing that there are people there just as skilled as I am and expect to win with the mindset of not using important moves that I know I have at my disposal.

Also, not all "Advanced Techs" are glitches, so please don't make assumptions. Dashing and then shielding and grabbing is not a glitch. Neither is dashing and turning around and then jumping in the air using the momentum from your run to carry you forward a glitch.

Also...please, I never meant any hostility at you. I respect you for your opinion. I'm just trying to have a discussion with you, not a war. The last thing on my mind is trying to offend you right now.

NorrYtt

Smash Cadet
Kinda pompous to name a technique after yourself. In reality, everyone else should be naming it after you.

Top Bottom