• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
OK so it seems to work, but only at some very limited % range. It works from like 0%-19 or 20%, but afterthat, Nair 4th hit to footstool is NOT guaranteed. I have no Idea why there is a hitstun reduction starting from 20%+, this is really weird. It's still a fun setup for attempting a Judgement. DI dosen't matter as you can follow with the Fair weak hit. It's also pretty hard to connect a Nair 4th hit after forced wakeup to properly attempt a footstool.

Makke, did you try to put the CPU to moving?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Go ask broly if you don't believe me. But I'm just saying, the human body by default has better dexterity in the face than it does in the feet, so it's easier to set up extra things on an extra controller by using your face to hit buttons or move the control stick. Or in broly's case, both at the same time.

Actually to be honest, if you only need a control stick input, the easiest thing to do is softmod your control stick outside the default position before plugging it in.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm always serious.

I'm not lying that it's easier to operate a controller with your face. Should you want to attempt it.

Though personally me, I have other solutions. Softmodding your controller before plugging it in is probably the easiest way to set up DI in a particular direction. As in holding the control stick in a direction before plugging it in. Then you can do whatever custom control shenanigans necessary and hit buttons with whatever extension of your body that you can imagine. Whether it's the back of your hand, or even the controller you're holding in your hands.

Using the debug pause code to play the game on frame advance however is probably by far the easiest and most practical way to actually test things.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
the reason broly plays with his face is bc he is unable to completely use his hands. he has some kind of disease that effected the growth of his muscles in his arms and legs. his "face" gameplay is legit too lol, were in the same crew so i know.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Ouch, match 2 was disappointing :(.

You got that slight lead at the very start, you should just ride that platform like it's your home. And I don't think I have to tell you to time your jumps better when you get cg'd spike. Honestly if you're not confident with that, just learn to sdi the spike into the stage; he can probably hit you again, but at least you for sure won't die.

izzy24

Smash Ace
@alphicans: dude i know :/ i seriously dont know why i started to freak out and press random 8uttons when he cged me, i felt really confident the first match and when this happened i felt horri8le. Next time i know for sure ill do that and not suck lol.

@Makke: yea dude my whole plan was crouching (avoids lasers) at the ends of the stages (avoid side8's since its close to the edge and it puts him in a 8ad place/make him sd) and yea 8eing above mk is 8ad, plus i kinda went rc cause i know its a good gaw stage 8ut to tell you guys the truth i 8arely play that stage, and vinnie also told me to put more gra8s in my playstyle too so ill deff work on that

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
lmao those matches were hilarious. Poor MK ran into so many D-smashes. Smart play on your part though, I commend it. I don't have much to criticize for you, since your overall gameplay was very very solid, and I felt you were very good about picking the best option in most situations. Maybe a situation or two where I would have recommended D-tilt (it's an easy move to forget). Nothing serious.

I should have videos coming fairly soon of both my Mario and my G&W. Some offline friendly matches against a competitive buddy of mine. They're pretty silly since my goal is to try to execute as many ridiculous things as possible.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Derk, I thought those matches were fantastic. The MK made some poor choices, but you played vs his style perfectly.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Zac, nobody can replace you. You will always be remembered as being the undisputed champion of the 9.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
derk, take my place!
Zac, nobody can replace you. You will always be remembered as being the undisputed champion of the 9.
QFT.

lmao those matches were hilarious. Poor MK ran into so many D-smashes. Smart play on your part though, I commend it. I don't have much to criticize for you, since your overall gameplay was very very solid, and I felt you were very good about picking the best option in most situations. Maybe a situation or two where I would have recommended D-tilt (it's an easy move to forget). Nothing serious.

I should have videos coming fairly soon of both my Mario and my G&W. Some offline friendly matches against a competitive buddy of mine. They're pretty silly since my goal is to try to execute as many ridiculous things as possible.
I want to see that! :)

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
DERK, i have 1 question... when ure inside nado u manage to u air, from inside the nado!!!!
how u manage to do that?!?!?!?!
to be precise at 0:47

Top Bottom