• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video proof that I can 0-Death with only 3 grabs.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
TGM doesn't believe me, and I like to back up my arguments with proof.

Here is me demonstrating just one of many ways I can 0 - Death without grabbing more then 3 times in a row:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu43gvZfRmg

1. This is not an infinite combo. It doesn't really work past 80%.
2. The Down Throw to fair chain can be DI'ed out of.
3. I don't actuall even need to grab more then once in a row to do this. I just do it because it builds damage faster.

Discuss.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Is there a way to tech from a footstool or is it impossible and they just fall to the stage?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well then this is a perfect way to circumvent the "3 grab" rule. You could also just immediately regrab after the footstool but I guess they would still consider that to be a consecutive grab. I just got an idea from seeing this; after the footstool do an up smash. While they are flying up footstool them back down and do up smash again and repeat the process. I'm almost positive people could probably easily DI away from this but it sure would look cool if you got that off 2-3 times in a row.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well then this is a perfect way to circumvent the "3 grab" rule. You could also just immediately regrab after the footstool but I guess they would still consider that to be a consecutive grab. I just got an idea from seeing this; after the footstool do an up smash. While they are flying up footstool them back down and do up smash again and repeat the process. I'm almost positive people could probably easily DI away from this but it sure would look cool if you got that off 2-3 times in a row.
I have actually been working on something like that.

Jump with nana while you are holding someone and upthrow. You can use nanas DJ to footstool them immediatly out of the uthrow if spaced right. Then you can regrab or Iceblock. This is very hard and I cannot donit consistantly yet.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
****, there's no way to outsmart or think ahead of you Hylian now is there lol?

I though about the upthrow to footstool as well but I've only done it like twice on accident. The list of stuff that IC can do now is insane. The possibilities just keep on going up.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
****, there's no way to outsmart or think ahead of you Hylian now is there lol?

I though about the upthrow to footstool as well but I've only done it like twice on accident. The list of stuff that IC can do now is insane. The possibilities just keep on going up.
^_^. I am pretty creative when it comes to things like this. I make it a point to know and be able to preform everything with my characters.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Hahaha, way to work your way around stupid Texas rules. :) Also, Hylian, I'm going to be in Texas for the summer. I'll be in Euless. Off the top of your head, do you know if that's close at all to Austin?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Nice, nana footstooling out of a grab looks so funny too xD. Looks like you'll still get in your 0% deaths, I'll just stick to fighting normally and using grabs only for dammaging and finnishing.

Ulevo

Smash Master
This is just hilarious. Kudos to you Hylian. You and Sethlon are some **** good Texas players.

What I find stupid about this entire ordeal is that there isn't going to be a positive way to handle situations when someone CG's a player more than three times in a match. Unless a judge is on standby watching the whole thing or someone's recording, it could simply be hearsay. And even if it does happen, are you really going to disqualify someone for making an easy mistake? I'm quite sure that if you're in an intense match trying to outwit your opponent, the last thing on you mind is counting how many times you grab someone to make sure you abide by a rule. You could easily miscount, or act on reflex.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hahaha, way to work your way around stupid Texas rules. :) Also, Hylian, I'm going to be in Texas for the summer. I'll be in Euless. Off the top of your head, do you know if that's close at all to Austin?
I have no idea. I will look it up.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The rule is, once you do 3 grabs you must throw or hit your foe AWAY.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The rule is, once you do 3 grabs you must throw or hit your foe AWAY.
And I followed that rule. I never did more then 3 grabs in a row.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i know. i was saying it for the others. what the vid showed me is legal. and if u are correct about it cant be done after 80%. its even more legal.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i know. i was saying it for the others. what the vid showed me is legal. and if u are correct about it cant be done after 80%. its even more legal.
Awesome. We agree on something then :).

KRDsonic

Smash Master
oh, so you having Nana spike into another grab doesn't count towards the 3 grabs? That's handy. I was planning on doing that twice, then have Nana smash and then have her use blizzard while I throw the opponent down, looks like I'll have more options with this though.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
oh, so you having Nana spike into another grab doesn't count towards the 3 grabs? That's handy. I was planning on doing that twice, then have Nana smash and then have her use blizzard while I throw the opponent down, looks like I'll have more options with this though.
The fair to grab can be DI'ed out of, and is not two grabs in a row. Its throw ---> fair ---> grab.

Straylit

Smash Cadet
I like this, Hylian. Very well done.

I actually noticed this was demonstration 2 so i watched demonstration 1 as well. I was very impressed with those extremely quick backthrow chains, ive always had a a slightly problem with those.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's handy then. I know it can be DIed out of, so I guess it makes sense. I'm assuming release grabs don't count towards the 3 grab rule too.
I haven't been telling people about the release grabs yet XD. I was saving it for tournament :).

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I haven't been telling people about the release grabs yet XD. I was saving it for tournament :).
Well, that's what I was planning to do when I said I could do an infinite as long as marth's chain grab against ness and lucas wasn't banned :D

Doesn't really matter though :p since I already have it in part of a video I made showing stuff I'll do now that the grabs are banned past 3. It doesn't work on all characters though, and people like Luigi slide too far away o.o

IDK

Smash Lord
so are you saying the 3 grab rule is official now? meaning in tourneys people actually follow it? or are said to? or is it just in some? or still just an ambition of icey h8rs.

IDK

Smash Lord
no offense but... i just started IC and i already figured out the release grab. So I assume other people had known that too.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
yo hylian, does the timing of the footstool jump varies if u did it from 0% - 80% as u go up?
and the place where you do the footstool jump can be anywhere as long as it is in front og popo?
btw, that was freakin amazing and creative, are u developing more techniques right now? haha

Top Bottom