• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Critique Thread

Corigames

Smash Hero
Epic epicness?
Not nearly as epic as an Hylian shield hanging on your wall. But it's pretty **** close. Lol.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/coreygames88/SSPX0037.jpg

I'm going to be hosting a tourny on the 4th and will record some matches then. It will most likely be against a bunch of scrubs, so... whatever. Then I'll be going to OH on the 18th where I may get some videos done, but I don't know if they know what they're doing and if recording equipment will even be available.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady

Farguade

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, just a question and a possible video to critique http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHEgCcU7lo8

How do you guys edgeguard Link, just ledgehop nair his upb/nair his chain? I usually play against falcons and foxes so his upb/bombs are throwing me. Any help/advice would be appreciated o7

Corigames

Smash Hero
Drop bombs off the edge. He can't get to the edge and sweet spot it if you keep dropping bombs on him. If he doesn't go for the sweet spot, then punish him for it. Done.

Also, the spin attack only hits once. If the first frame the attack is out hits your shield, then the rest of the move will not ever hurt you. So, if he's using that move a lot, shield it and do something massive to him. Grab and re-throw bombs, because that's fun and giving Samus more projectiles is cool.

As for that video, you should work on attacking the person you are fighting. It doesn't help to shoot and punch at things that aren't there or at least weren't there since a few seconds ago. Jabbing's fun, but tilts do something.

Farguade

Smash Apprentice
Hehe, thanks for the prompt reply there. I didn't know if his upb would cut through bombs or not, that's good to hear. Hopefully I'll be able to get a bit of practice so I can grab his bombs out from under him, but they seem fairly impractical to snag. I guess it's just a combination of my weak reaction time/never attempting.

Anyways, thank for another persons perspective. I'll try to put some of that to good use later on :)

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
@Farguade:

- Filt more. Dunno if you even used it.
- If Link overshoots his UpB when he's recovering and youre grabbing the ledge, Nair his face. I saw many opportunities for this.
- UpB more. That dude didnt space a single move he threw. UpB him into oblivion.

That's all I got after 1 watch.

Geist

Smash Master
How do you guys edgeguard Link, just ledgehop nair his upb/nair his chain? I usually play against falcons and foxes so his upb/bombs are throwing me. Any help/advice would be appreciated o7
If he goes for the grapple, I lazy-boy off the stage, hugs style. Just wd off the edge backwards and nair. If he's scrah-ing, bomb, like coreygames said. Use tilts too. Link has recovery that is capable of being on par with Samus's, so you have to be consistant and have gimps on the mind. Watch out for nair though. I don't know how many times I missed my timing and got naired and died.

Yesss Desh is amazing.
lol i knowwwww :3

We've practically been best friends since 4th grade.
I've known him for like half my life.

Corigames

Smash Hero
We've practically been best friends since 4th grade.
I've known him for like half my life.
Your life = x
Years you've known him = y
Years before you knew him = z

If you've known him for half your life:
y = z

So the problem is:
y + z = x

If you met him in the 4th grade (assuming) and you entered grade school at 5 years old:
4 + 5 = z
z = 9

So:
9 + 9 = x

x =~= 18

Are you 17, 18, or 19 years old?

Alukard

Smash Hero
Your life = x

y = z

So the problem is:
y + z = x

If you met him in the 4th grade (assuming) and you entered grade school at 5 years old:
4 + 5 = z
z = 9

So:
9 + 9 = x

x =~= 18

wow corey lol ... just wow

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Your life = x

y = z

So the problem is:
y + z = x

4 + 5 = z
z = 9

So:
9 + 9 = x

x =~= 18

Or you could just do...

x=age
y=years known friend

x/2=y?

lol

Corigames

Smash Hero
You didn't define your variables, you didn't give value to them, or solve the problem.

It may sound easy, but explaining Math is different from just doing it.

Also, programming.

wisl

Smash Journeyman
someone (funny and) skilled should do a q/a topic without vids. like cactuar's marth topic, or mexican's dk topic. I need it :grin:

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
You didn't define your variables, you didn't give value to them, or solve the problem.

Also, programming.
I made it into a question.
It basically asks "Are you good with samus?"
jk, all you need to do is divide his age by 2 and see if that equals the amount of years he known his friend.

Corigames

Smash Hero
someone (funny and) skilled should do a q/a topic without vids. like cactuar's marth topic, or mexican's dk topic. I need it :grin:
What do you think the Samus intro thread is? We have a lot of spam convorsation in it, granted, but that would be a place to ask questions so that the answer found, in not already there, will be added.

Geist

Smash Master
all you need to do is divide his age by 2 and see if that equals the amount of years he known his friend.

Also, programming.
or you could ask >_>

I hope he name searches. XD
if so:
desh desh desh desh desh desh desh desh desh desh desh desh desh

wisl

Smash Journeyman
What do you think the Samus intro thread is? We have a lot of spam convorsation in it, granted, but that would be a place to ask questions so that the answer found, in not already there, will be added.
yeah
I'm thinking about something slightly different.

rayecho

Smash Ace
Hello, My name is darrell and i've been around for a while. I got some vids that i was wondering if you guys could look at and throw me some advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6jFFcQzCKk&feature=channel_page (samus vs fox)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA1UlnqlNN4&feature=channel_page (samus vs fox)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oqB598I8HY&feature=channel_page (samus vs fox)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv9LPVaEYOQ&feature=channel_page (samus vs falco)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwgtNaRAzfo&feature=channel_page (samus vs falco)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_0viYlPEDs&feature=channel_page (samus vs falco)

I think the problem I was having was the spacing on each aerial, I'm not really sure.
Please and much thanks :) <3

Corigames

Smash Hero
I got some vids that i was wondering if you guys could look at and throw me some advice.
Wow, for shame my Samus companions. This man (woman... person?) posts videos and you talk about a different thread instead. How far have you fallen?

Anyway...

I started to watch the first video and I can't get it to buffer at all... so...

Geist

Smash Master
AW I didn't even see this thread lol
I'll see if I can get to a computer that can play videos later if I have the time.

rhan

Smash Hero
*Cries a little*

At least it isn't like you were there and I missed out in playing you. :)

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
holy crap, it's darrel...(I met you when you were playing, I think hyuga...lol)

help my fellow californian guys...he *****

Wow, for shame my Samus companions. This man (woman... person?) posts videos and you talk about a different thread instead. How far have you fallen?

Anyway...

I started to watch the first video and I can't get it to buffer at all... so...
Try HQ. worked for me.

Top Bottom