• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Critique Thread

rayecho

Smash Ace
holy crap, it's darrel...(I met you when you were playing, I think hyuga...lol)

help my fellow californian guys...he *****

Try HQ. worked for me.
I remember you came up to me and i told you that i was the puff haha

:chuckle: good times at mango juice

Geist

Smash Master
lol TheLifeRuiner, I just realized, someone from my hometown went by the smashboards alias The Life Ruiner.
He's retired. He totally took your name before you did.
UNLESS YOU'RE HIM *points*

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
No, his alias was "Life Ruiner". I found him before. My alias, however, is THE Life Ruiner.

BIG difference.

lol

Still it made me sad that someone beat me to pretty much the same name.

This calls for...A NAME MATCH. But since he retired he has forfeit it to meeeeeeeeee. Besides...you guys know you like me better. :D

JUST KIDDING IT IS I MUAHAHAHA

not really

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
He's a beast.
Was a beast.
He might play again, then you have to face him because there can only be one.
noooo tell him to go away

pretty much all of socal knows me by liferuiner :(

lol

even my youtube account and aim are "theliferuiner"

Geist

Smash Master
You must fight for honor.
To the death, or something. Hit him with objects.

He'll probably end up changing his name again anyways.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
No ones watching ma vids :(
i wonder why...RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYecho

just kidding
your name is cool
my name is stupid
i mean...lite?
when you say lite, it feels so....
uncool

but everyone knows me by lite and i hear it as much as my real name so yeah i get used to it.

Desh

Smash Ace

LMFAO. This thread is way 2good.

I hope he name searches. XD
or you could ask >_>

if so:
desh desh desh desh desh desh desh desh desh desh desh desh desh

your wish is my command.
except im insanely lazy :chuckle:

edit: im bored. im gonna play samus for a while so I dont get bored XD i need to get out of brampton more =[
theres just like ... andy. D:

did i tell you how bad I got gay'd blowtoes?
I went to quebec for easter. Me and kage and chet and jarc and ppl were supposed to hang out D: or me and jarc were gonna try to get togethar, but I got gay'd by ' we have to leave early ' johns >_>

anywho, friend from CT might come and visit while ur here in the summer.
K im gonna leave.

BACK TO SAMUS YOU INGRATES. (I probably spelled ingrates wrong.)

also i lol'd at coreys math stuff when i was mentioned >_>

Geist

Smash Master
lol those posts were forever ago.
You definitely got ***** there lol that sucks.

you spelled ingrates right btw.
Now get out of here you **** doc player

Geist

Smash Master
LOL wut
I do much better against doc than fox. I should be able to fight fox better, but for some reason I don't.
I'll snack on your Falco though :D

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah, it's really good if you can spot a lot of your mistakes. If you can see what you're doing wrong, you can find a way to do it right, every time.
Some people can't see any of their mistakes. It's kinda sad when they get frustrated because they can't get around a person's strategies.

Desh

Smash Ace
Lol uhh sorta relevant? :
Me and my friend went to my other friends place, and her brother had SF4, so they were playing, and me and him were laughing cuz he was standing in one spot just doing light punch's LOL.
What was funny was it worked against her , she was all pissy and calling him cheap XD
Said something like:
me: How is it cheap LOLOL *tears of laughter*
her : THE ****ER JUST KEEPS STANDING THERE AND PUNCHING ME. ITS SO CHEAP.
me : Lol then dont walk into him D:

idk you had to be there. Basically she was oblivious to the fact that shes ********. ^_^

When you watch yourself play your like 'Lol I was walking into his light punches' XD

Alukard

Smash Hero
i'm back peeps !!!!

lets actually get sumthing done YO

ima have new vids after my weekly the 31st

Alukard

Smash Hero
so i ***** at my weekly =] 2nd place ^_^

and i did not disappoint with samus .. .just for all u guys ^_-

but in doubles ... i'm strictly falcon and some sheik =] ... falcon was my first char along with samus after all lol

ALSo ... there will be vids so u guys can critique ...

doubles also ... i really like my movement ... does anyone have movement tricks they would like to discuss ... i actually got to trick alot of people with her

Geist

Smash Master
so i ***** at my weekly =] 2nd place ^_^

and i did not disappoint with samus .. .just for all u guys ^_-

but in doubles ... i'm strictly falcon and some sheik =] ... falcon was my first char along with samus after all lol

ALSo ... there will be vids so u guys can critique ...

doubles also ... i really like my movement ... does anyone have movement tricks they would like to discuss ... i actually got to trick alot of people with her
good **** alukard can't wait for those vids
samus rep +10000

I like movement, but my problem is that I do it too much lol
I try to bait and then my spacing fails and I get combod and ****. At least it looks sexy while I'm doing it.
I use platforms a lot. Utilizing wavelands and air dodges with your dj can makes my Samus much faster than she should be. I think I see you do this a lot too. :D

Corigames

Smash Hero
Firstly, hi! Welcome to the Samus boards. Feel free to peruse the vast collection of knowledge that we have amassed here.

As a note, I write these things out as I watch the video. So if you read this as you re-watch the videos, it may help you understand what I'm talking about.

Video 1:
Right off the bat, Falco got a nice combo on you. The first rule of fighting Falco is don't fight Falco. Let him fail on you. Put up your shield and use that screw attack!
Don't chase Falco in the air from below. If he is above you, you can pretty **** sure he's going to drill kick you into next week. Predict his movements and punish him instead since you can't do much to overpower those happy feet.
Nice use of the tilts to keep him spaced.
When you Utilt'ed to stop his recovery and noticed he went straight up, a dash attack may have saved the day. My gut lunged for it when you Utilt'ed the second time.
Fsmash ducks the lazer :p
Nice call on his tech roll with the charge blast.
Don't throw Falco up. It just feels like a bad idea to put him in one of his most advantageous positions, even if it was from your own throw.
Be more ready for his get ups, you had a great chance to smash him but was still in your shield with ample time to drop it instead.
I think you are a bit over reliant on those standing missile shots. BF is a small stage and that coupled with Falco's lazer control makes it hard to get a step up in the projectile game. Standing shots also make you lag for a while compared to canceled ones.
When Falco starts camping you like that, just put up your shield and Up B him when he gets too close. If he doesn't approach, then try to WD out of shield to get closer and apply pressure by just inching your way up to him.
When he went off the edge, you should have grabbed it. There was no reason not to since you didn't do anything by not.
Your timing was really off with that Ftilt in an attempt to guard him. You should work on that.
You have to tech those down throws. There's no excuse because the timing is the same in every instance.
Nice elimination of his 3rd stock. It was greatly executed.
You have a habit of jumping on a platform and dropping a bomb. Almost any time you jump you follow with a bomb, yet I don't think it has benefitted you once.
You are also trying to hit with with the Up B without blocking with the shield first. This is causing you to do it early and miss entirely. Use the shield into Up B maneuver to get the results you are looking for.

Video 2:
Counter picked Dreamland, not a bad choice. I don't like the length of the stage itself in this match-up, but the recovery room makes up for it.
Starting below him, that's rough. As soon as that screen said ready, I would have had a finger on the shield button.
Missed the first Down throw tech, but you got the second. Just practice it a bit more.
You aren't taking his spacing into consideration on any of your approaches. He's just flailing around and, since you are in range, you end up with quite a beating. Keep your distance when he's feeling kicky, but not so far he goes back to pew pew'ing you.
Bomb jumping lazer dodging : D
Don't jump so much to move around. It's leaving you wide open. You have legs, use them for walking, running, and wave dashing.
If you are taking consecutive hits by the same move, you need to mix up your game plan. CC'ing Bairs all day will just get you killed, you have to step up your mind games or something to counter his attacks.
Be careful on your timing for the edge hog, if he had been close enough, that would have left him open to recover.
Dair spike : (
If you are being hit with that many lazers on your bomb recovery, stop trying to do it. The bomb recovery is suppose to slow you down so you can come back over large distances. When you are that close to the stage it isn't necessary and it only puts you further in harm's way.
Lucky getting hit by that fire bird :/
You jumped right into his trap /:
You CC'ed his Utilt but didn't do anything from it. You cannot pass up opportunities like that! If anything, WD back and retreat to get a better position.
Why...
...why did you dodge out there?

Anyway, it looks like this was taken from a tournament, so it's cool that you are already in the scene. Hopefully you have some good friends to constantly play with. It's not bad for a start, but there's a lot of room for improvement. Mainly, you seem to be cookie-cutting your moves. You only really used Bair, Dsmash, Fair, and the bombs. You didn't make any, if I'm not mistaken, missiles hit and lacked a strong edge guard game.
I did like how you were using the tilts, as any good Samus should, and weren't afraid to use the Up B to break the pressure. You obviously have a comprehension for the basics like crouch canceling, bomb jumping, etc., but there was a definite lack of trickery and punishment.
4/10
Thanks for posting and I hope this helped.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Don't throw Falco up. It just feels like a bad idea to put him in one of his most advantageous positions, even if it was from your own throw.
This is the only thing I have a problem with. You ALWAYS throw Fox/Falco up, it combos into an aerial or even a charge blast at pretty much every reasonable %, whereas every other throw leads into nothing.

rhan

Smash Hero
Corey and his amazing posts of knowledge.

I'll have Samus vids up in the next couple weeks or so.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Ok **** I can finally record so I did
so here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HcKNeGt1Jo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I3HopTSb74
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3srp22X4Z8

Ok, so I do a lot of stupid stuff that is obvious lol like killing myself twice first match. This is a set, so we "counterpicked" but as you can see i did not care to do so and instead went with being a ****ING BADASS and chose brinstar. you may see several parts where i'm just a total badass, so beware

i dunno
take it as you will

knock yourself out you guys

oh and thanks hahah

Corigames

Smash Hero
This is the only thing I have a problem with. You ALWAYS throw Fox/Falco up, it combos into an aerial or even a charge blast at pretty much every reasonable %, whereas every other throw leads into nothing.
I'll agree with doing it to Fox and maybe sometimes with Falco, but I know I hate having Falco above me. I don't want to be put into a bad position, so, to have a better statment, I'll change that to:

"Don't throw Falco up if you aren't going to follow it up with something fast before he can recover...

...and DODGE!!!"

And, Alukard... is that a joke or something :/

I sense sarcasm but am not for sure.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
My comeback tournament was pretty good. I played really well I think. Tell me what more i can do.

If you guys wanna write 3 pages for me for the falco matchup then please do so (even though it is shiz) Also...HOW DO YOU GET AROUND ****ING LASERS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3yv8iTqQu4&feature=player_profilepage (ESAM vs Uberice)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afePEm2DONo&feature=player_profilepage (ESAM vs DaShizWiz)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEAEsHUi7jM&feature=player_profilepage (ESAM vs Phanna) SAMUS DITTOES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zKI8CRul2o&feature=player_profilepage (ESAM vs Nicaboy)

I know i played fox in 2 of those sets, but whatever. Help me please :D

Top Bottom