• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
i'm gonna post mine probably later today. I don't no what to do though about the wifi thing. Nobody in my community knows what spacing is :p

Arikie

Smash Journeyman

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
-Play against better opponents.

-You missed a lot of grab opportunities.

-Work on spacing.

-Play against better opponents.

I only critiqued your vid against NL, considering how outdated your other vids are.

Went ahead and fixed the Snakeee link for you as well.

-Work on your spacing.

-Use more F-tilt/D-tilt.

-Try not to spot-dodge so much.

-Don't use Drill Rush as an offensive move, except maybe as a mindgame. Use it mostly for recovery.

I'm done critiquing vids for now until others contribute. I don't want to do this all on my own.

-Affinity

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I'm 12. How do I get "outside my community"? My paernts both work till 6:30.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Vs Rat (Snake)

Vs Trampoline (peach)

Yes ~

Wait til your older than good sir.
Way too many missed grabs. After dtilt only grab if he trips. MK can win without starting the "combos" with a grab. Instead of grabbing so much space some ftilts. Work on your shuttle loop control, you did it (and missed) a bit aimlessly at times. You should have been punished a lot more for you missed grabs but your first opponent was a bit weak.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
get a ride from someone else to a tourney.
nice idea. 1 question though: Do any of you guys play in OC?

I'll have the video up by 4:30 later today. Please don't judge hard, i finnaly realized that because of my strange deposition where I mash the a button after i press it once that I can only beat n00bs and cpu's. I have been fixing it, but... it's still bad.

I played the average competitive smasher and one 3 out of 7 times. They won 4 :p

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
if i want an extreame in depth like minute by minute play play discussion on a whole vid or two liek this one guy did to some of the peopels vids here should i post it here ormake a new thread. i need someoen to tear apart my gameplay so i an throw away what doest work lol will edit later with the vid

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
if i want an extreame in depth like minute by minute play play discussion on a whole vid or two liek this one guy did to some of the peopels vids here should i post it here ormake a new thread. i need someoen to tear apart my gameplay so i an throw away what doest work lol will edit later with the vid
All vids that you want to be critiqued should be posted here.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Finnaly... later today I'll have it up. Hey, I have a questin? Can it be wifi if were in the same city?

Edit- Okay, maybe I won't have it up. I've never uploaded a video and thoguhht all you had to do was stick an SD card into the comp. and then stick the SD card reader into the comp. Wow, i'm a youtube n00b... Well... I stuck my SD card in my camcorder and it worked. Now what? Do I just record as normal? How do I save vids to my SD card?

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Well, i guess it's worth the infraction. This thread was in a coma for a sec. since were not allowed to play wifi and my community sucks and I can't get outside it, do I just play with a level 9 luigi? That seems to be the strongest opponet that I have left. Whatta about two or three? Or would that just influence spamming.

Palpi

Smash Hero
No. Computer especially at level 9 have superhuman reactions. They will make you develope bad habits. All you can do is practice against level 3 or 4 and get the basics down.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
wanted: constructive criticism

Hey guys, ive been a member of the boards for quite a while, but I haven't ever had the chance to get any videos uploaded of my meta until now.

Any constructive criticism is VERY welcome--I am very eager to improve.

However, I'm not looking for obvious things like specific times I should have shielded or whatever... I know I made mistakes here... these are just the first two sets that got uploaded.

Mostly I am hoping people can give me tips on matchups, technique, playstyle, and overall strategy.

These were money matches from the game clucks tournament in washington on april 4th.
More matches will follow as soon as they are uploaded.
Also, I think they may be labeled out of chronological order.

(my tag is Ch0ke)

Ch0ke (mk) vs t1mmy (kirby)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N-bBuunibI&feature=channell

Ch0ke (mk) vs t1mmy (mk) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDD-xT9zQKE&feature=channel
Ch0ke (mk) vs t1mmy (mk) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W3FYzrw8cU&feature=channel

Edit: I have more videos, these were just the first 3. Whenever it's ok for me to post more, I can do so...

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Well, i guess it's worth the infraction. This thread was in a coma for a sec. since were not allowed to play wifi and my community sucks and I can't get outside it, do I just play with a level 9 luigi? That seems to be the strongest opponet that I have left. Whatta about two or three? Or would that just influence spamming.
No Wifi. No Computers.

Rules:

2) Try to keep the number of videos you post less than 3 at a time.

More than 3 will probably be more than most people will be willing to watch.
Don't overwhelm us :)
The rules in the OP aren't very hard to follow...

ckm

Smash Journeyman
sorry bout that affinity, its been edited.

how long do I have to wait before I post more?

hopefully you aren't just going to ignore the videos because of my oversight?

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
Anyone? Anyone at all??
I only had time to watch the first game, but one thing i noticed is that you didnt go out to get kirby much off the ledge. Don't be affraid to be aggressive against him when you get him off the map. you stuck around the ledge alot rather then going out and throwing out some Dairs. if you space your Dair well you will be able to easily overpower kirby and make him fall to his death.

Other then that you played pretty well...nice use of your F-Tilt, Fair. Could maybe use some more D-tilts tho. overall, great game

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Hey all! It doesn't look like this thread is very active... but I figured I'd give it a go! These are my first videos since having access to a video capture card. It's also my first since changing smashboards accounts. Details, details.

The match is out of four, but I'll just post the first three, two wins and one loss. It's vs snake, so any advice on my navigation of grenades and off edge game would be amazing.

R1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrL2bZCd6u4

R2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AxGBou3Y5Y

R3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a4ctLoWx-o

Regards,

Tuen

Fakinha

Smash Rookie
Hi there, I'm a Brazilian player from RJ and I had a tourney just yesterday :) I would love if you can give me some hints or advices. Thx. I'll post 3 of the 4 videos, you can watch the other in the related but I don't think you would like, bad choice from counter pick from Snake's part =P
It's the finals and only MK vs Snake.

1st
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaT2SO7VC1U&eurl=

2nd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czg7prQROV0&feature=channel

3rd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MB4JyQ8XvU&feature=channel

Enjoy.

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
Hey all! It doesn't look like this thread is very active... but I figured I'd give it a go! These are my first videos since having access to a video capture card. It's also my first since changing smashboards accounts. Details, details.

The match is out of four, but I'll just post the first three, two wins and one loss. It's vs snake, so any advice on my navigation of grenades and off edge game would be amazing.

R1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrL2bZCd6u4

R2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AxGBou3Y5Y

R3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a4ctLoWx-o

Regards,

Tuen
you downsmashed entirely too much, by the time snake got to percents where you could actually kill him with it...it was stale. neutral airs out of shield compared to downsmashes...or grabs, you did not grab him much. more short hop Fairs, spaced really well, its hard for snake to punish it. you need to focus on getting snake into the air more often and keeping him there, therefore using ur Ftilts in places instead of your Dsmash is also a good idea. Downthrow works well against snake too, i prefer it over my forward throw. SHUTTLE LOOP HIM OUT OF HIS CYPHER!!!!! the cypher will hit you and allow you to recover, even if you do it in an unsafe spot... once snake is off the map you should be shuttle looping his **** all day.

The snake in the vids is lacking some aspects in the mk fight IMO. He didn't have enough nades on the map. You could have tornadoed him all day and he wouldnt have a nade out to counter. He also recovered low instead of going high, which is the better option to prevent shuttle loops.

Overall you didn't do too bad, learn the match up and pick up on the things that the snake ISN'T doing properly and punish him for it

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
you downsmashed entirely too much, by the time snake got to percents where you could actually kill him with it...it was stale. neutral airs out of shield compared to downsmashes...or grabs, you did not grab him much. more short hop Fairs, spaced really well, its hard for snake to punish it. you need to focus on getting snake into the air more often and keeping him there, therefore using ur Ftilts in places instead of your Dsmash is also a good idea. Downthrow works well against snake too, i prefer it over my forward throw. SHUTTLE LOOP HIM OUT OF HIS CYPHER!!!!! the cypher will hit you and allow you to recover, even if you do it in an unsafe spot... once snake is off the map you should be shuttle looping his **** all day.

The snake in the vids is lacking some aspects in the mk fight IMO. He didn't have enough nades on the map. You could have tornadoed him all day and he wouldnt have a nade out to counter. He also recovered low instead of going high, which is the better option to prevent shuttle loops.

Overall you didn't do too bad, learn the match up and pick up on the things that the snake ISN'T doing properly and punish him for it
Hey, thanks for the tips!

About shuttle looping though... Every time I go for it, snake seems to dodge out of the cypher, so that's kinda why I was trying to bait an air dodge instead of shuttle looping the cypher.

Also, can a short hopped fair hit a snake without detonating a grenade? That's usually the result I get when trying to fair a snake.

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
Hey, thanks for the tips!

About shuttle looping though... Every time I go for it, snake seems to dodge out of the cypher, so that's kinda why I was trying to bait an air dodge instead of shuttle looping the cypher.

Also, can a short hopped fair hit a snake without detonating a grenade? That's usually the result I get when trying to fair a snake.
thats a good question, i think that depends on if the snake has his back to your or is facing you. not sure tho, i can do some testing 2marrow or something with my buddy who plays snake. Make sure that when you short hop ur Fair, you space it very well and mix up ur approaches, snakes Ftilt outranges ur Fair by a small amount, so mixing in Fairs, Dtilts, Ftilts and grabs is really good.

Back to the cypher note, can't remember if you did this or not, but if your going to bait the air dodge out of cypher, punish them with a Nair, if you hit it right the knock back can be enough to kill snake, or atleast set them up to get shuttle looped. One way that I determine weather to shuttle loop or Nair is based on height and distance from the stage. If i feel that they are high/close enough to air dodge and reach the map..i usually wait and Nair them. Snake will usually ride the cypher until they are very high and above the map or until they can safely airdodge and get back to the map. Fast falling UpAirs are good for keeping snake up in the air.

Sorry if this all blended together in a blurr lol...its late and im tired as hell.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
thats a good question, i think that depends on if the snake has his back to your or is facing you. not sure tho, i can do some testing 2marrow or something with my buddy who plays snake. Make sure that when you short hop ur Fair, you space it very well and mix up ur approaches, snakes Ftilt outranges ur Fair by a small amount, so mixing in Fairs, Dtilts, Ftilts and grabs is really good.

Back to the cypher note, can't remember if you did this or not, but if your going to bait the air dodge out of cypher, punish them with a Nair, if you hit it right the knock back can be enough to kill snake, or atleast set them up to get shuttle looped. One way that I determine weather to shuttle loop or Nair is based on height and distance from the stage. If i feel that they are high/close enough to air dodge and reach the map..i usually wait and Nair them. Snake will usually ride the cypher until they are very high and above the map or until they can safely airdodge and get back to the map. Fast falling UpAirs are good for keeping snake up in the air.

Sorry if this all blended together in a blurr lol...its late and im tired as hell.
Oh that makes sense! I tend to not track snake off the edge as much as I should, and by the time I'm comfortable hitting him, he's in the position to air dodge and DI back the stage. I'll look into going for that shuttle loop farther away from the stage.

Using ftilt to outrange snake's tilts is a really good idea. I end up pretty close to him with a shield up though (because it's a good way to bait a grenade to a shield roll, snake's anti-tornado/dsmash defense), so he tends to use his tilts to push me away, but ftilt still reaches anyways, so that works.

Does dtilt completely outrange his ftilt if spaced right?

--

I'd say something constructive about your videos, but I definitely don't have the skills. Everything you did was really impressive!

But yeah, thanks for helping me out. There's going to be a tournament here at Oregon State in a few weeks, and I want to be well prepared.

-Tuen

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
Oh that makes sense! I tend to not track snake off the edge as much as I should, and by the time I'm comfortable hitting him, he's in the position to air dodge and DI back the stage. I'll look into going for that shuttle loop farther away from the stage.

Using ftilt to outrange snake's tilts is a really good idea. I end up pretty close to him with a shield up though (because it's a good way to bait a grenade to a shield roll, snake's anti-tornado/dsmash defense), so he tends to use his tilts to push me away, but ftilt still reaches anyways, so that works.

Does dtilt completely outrange his ftilt if spaced right?

--

I'd say something constructive about your videos, but I definitely don't have the skills. Everything you did was really impressive!

But yeah, thanks for helping me out. There's going to be a tournament here at Oregon State in a few weeks, and I want to be well prepared.

-Tuen
np man...Mk Dtil does NOT out range snakes Ftilt, but an approach that i like to use vs a snake is a short hop Fair, to a Dtilt then running grab, this works depending on how the snake reacts to the Fair, if he shields and stays shielded through the tilt, then you will most likely be able to dash grab, sometimes you will be able to poke the bottom of his shield and actually trip with the Dtilt- which is good as well.

Top Bottom