• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm sure someone will lend you their controller on the day.

Just give me the call guys (when you get to Macleod)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
March Ranbat Results!

Singles:
1: Erick (Win Ratio accumulated over the 2008 season - 100%), (10pt)
2: CAOTIC (75%) (9pt)
3: Chris (67%) (8pt)
4: Atticus (67%) (7pt)
5: Cobalt (71%) (6pt)
5: Devil (67%) (5pt)
7: Atlas (60%) (4pts)
7: Nay (60%) (4pts)
9: Myst Walker (60%) (2pt)
9: Benji (60%) (2pt)
9: Kagix (50%)
9: Tak (50%)
13: Strider (50%)
13: D-Yoshii (50%)
13: Jei (50%)
13: LemonMan X (60%)
17: Mikul (34%)
17: Dougy (0%)
17: Iced K (34%)
17: Linx (34%)
17: Redact (34%)
17: Alex (50%)
17: Forte (34%)
17: Hero (34%)
25: Plasia (0%)
25: Bryan (0%)
25: Shimkada (0%)
25: Aether (0%)
25: Liz (0%)
25: Riku (0%)
25: Loki (0%)
33: Crimson Child (0%)

Teams:
1: Erick + Nay (Team Maple ... -_____-)
2: Dekar + Forte (Team We Love Forte)
3: The Forte Fan Club (Atticus + Redact)
4: Tak + CAOTIC (Team Foxywoxy)
5: Plasia + Benji (Team Parry)
5: Myst + Jei (Melty Blloooooodd)
7: Noel + Heartless
7: Black Jack
9: Zan + Batasan
9: Atlus + Linx
9: Chris + Bryan
9: Strider + ZTV
13: Michael + Scott
13: Carlo + Owen
13: Nick + Tim
13: Dougy + Riku
17: Team Rocket
17: Alex + Ahmet

Great times, full shoutouts and impressions later

Dekar289

Smash Hero
erick wins

wtf redact in singles

dekar + forte is purest of win

caotic singles wtf ok win

was fun fun fun

<3

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Benji (V1p3R) beat Redact in singles. Partly because metaknight is so awesome and partly because Redacts' c-stick was playing up (I think).

After teams I developed an epic headache and sucked at everything (even Street Fighter lol), still have it now.

gg to everyone I played in teams. Next time I should be healthy enough to play properly in singles, so looking forward to redeeming myself then.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
I had an awesome time playing brawl and melee, i impressed a few people with my dorf and falon. I wish that they didn't suck now in brawl ;_;.

Triple kill with Ike's F-Smash ftw! And LMX, I rule at Ike ditto's lol.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
I had an awesome time playing brawl and melee, i impressed a few people with my dorf and falon. I wish that they didn't suck now in brawl ;_;.
yeah when i started the day i impresses people with puff/marth, and i thought i still had it, then you and cobalt really put me in my place. thanks ^_^

sLibs

Smash Cadet
Hey all erick here, had some real fun today was really good seeing how people grasped brawl n wat not. Props to my team-mate Nay (toon link) for getting us to the top this time around, and also congratz 6/7th also grats to Jei for coming 13th i know that he could've done better but i guess it just wasnt his day.
Dekar badluck this time around but i think your skill level isnt too far off mine. CAO i love how i whoop you in brawl after many torturous matches on melee =]
Props to the Chris doode i donno if he checks these boards but he was definately the underdog to root for today, Badluck Redact can't win them all you were easily top 2. Anyways all and all i had fun sorry if i missed anyone kinda rushing it, if you wana contact me for whatever reason msg jei lol. -sLibs out

p.s - im open for smash meets so if you wanna vs the west. suburbs give us a holla yo! hahaha

Nay Nay

Smash Rookie
Yeah good times.

Nice moves Erick with the 1st place, Dekar you impressed me alot! shame about missing the singles. Jei-bee baby dissapointing that you only got 13th, same with Redact you were one of the best today just unlucky I suppose. Cao look foreward to playing with you again! Benji, awesome Metaknight I had fun playing you. Devil great Wolf I want a rematch u next time ^__^

Yeah all up great meet! I'm just happy to finally be on the upper ranbat boards and show the people what Toon Links got.

Too many people impressed me today to list, see you all next month! ^__^

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Yeah great game. My brawl came in last week but my Wii is broken so I have to send it back to the states for repair (which should take about 2 months!!!).

Stupid foxy woxy. Next time I'll use falco. Also Dave I wanted to play you in melee and SHOW YOU MY MOVES!. I need practice in melee for Rambo.

Last in teams. My partner, Alex, and I were so pro at brawl that we decided to lose right away because we felt bad for everyone. Sheik really sucks now.

Let's see how many peoples' controllers I burrowed. 1,2,3...............8+ people.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Here is the updated Victorian Ranbat Rankings completely redone for Brawl. It is created solely through tournament results of current and upcoming RANBATS.

*Summary of impressions*

The transition into Brawl - Initially I had reservations about how Brawl would fare in a compeititve tournament. Opinion of it is split right down the middle with Melee fans, and there was a bit of specualtion most people would eventually come back to Melee after they've had their fill of shallow antics in Brawl. How very wrong this seemed today. Melee was resigned to a corner of the room for a half-dozen nostalgists (more or less), and the focus and momentum has purely shifted into Brawl. After seeing today's turnout and competitive edge, it's pretty safe to say R.I.P Melee 2008. The game will always be around and always be played, but the scene here has definently opened Brawl with open arms. The community is set to become much, MUCH larger and increasingly Brawl oriented. Rambo is likely to be the last Melee tournament I will run.

Running the Tournament - It may have been the influx of tourney virgins, or the confusing nature of running the game as a tourmament, but Brawl took a ****load longer to run than your average Melee tourney. With resources stretched to the max (about 5 playable Brawl sets) and a combined Brawl attendance of around 40 people (nothing massive), the event went from 1pm - 8pm. This is far too long, and something I'm looking to address. I think the efficiency will improve as the months go on and as the new legion of players gets used to it, but right now it's very hectic to explain multiple times to people what needs to be done. The disappearing smasher (at the notorious lunch breaks) seems to be more rampant than ever before. People really are stupider in large crowds.... ~sigh~

Rambo is definently going to be a seeded single elim event until things run faster.

The rules - OK, so some people didn't unlock everything yet, but there was very little enforcement and implementation of basic rules, such as the 7 minute time limit. This will improve as everyone unlocks the full options, so I'm not too fussed. I'm amazed everyone forgot stage cancelling and stage banning existed. I suppose since this was the first Brawl tourney, people don't really understand what suits them yet.

Eldin Bridge is fine. (Will stay as a Basic stage)

Corneria is fine. (Will stay as a Basic stage)

Castle Siege is fine. (Will stay as a Basic stage)

The Dedede rule is spectacular. (But will need some further investigation)

Delfino Plaza is not fit as a Basic stage. (Will be a coutnerpick)

Spear Pillar is spectacularly fail. (Will be banned)

Those who oppose my ideas are happy to run their own tournaments :)

Brawl is the **** - Sooo many matches were close, sooo many matches were intense, soooo many WTF MOMENTS, and likewise for initial skill level. I'm pretty sure everyone had a ridiculously good time seeing how everyone else played. Props to all, I wub you and so does Woxy

PS - Yey Tak we got 4th with Foxywoxy <3

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
?_?
!_!
broken rankings are broken
separate ranbat rankings from actual power rankings imo
power rankings done by panel again imo

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sorry to mislead you, it's not a power ranking, it's a Ranbat (Ranking Battle) Ranking (I confused myself). I'll change the title

By the way, i won't be involving myself in any regional power ranking for Brawl. It's too much time for too little gain and its too opinionated. I'm very happy to leave things as a ranbat ranking only, and let people figure out for themsevles who is truly the best (as they have always done regardless of any PR)

But by all means, those with the initiative can step up and create one which I'll publish for them on their behalf - following PR guidelines set by Smashboards of course.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
ffs, get some more sleep mr. red eye, LOL

isn't everyone planning a Brawlfest tomorrow??

PS - i'm gonna beat you next month :lick:

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone, it's Chris here. I just wanted to introduce myself so I'm not totally random anymore =)
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that I played with and a big thank you also to those helped organise it, because it was quite a lot of fun regardless of winning or losing!

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
On some of the confusion during the tournament, I think a loud explanation of the rules and a clearly visible list of the legality of stages would help. If I wasn't on smashboards I wouldn't have had any idea either. Also it'd be nice if people wouldn't fuark with game options they don't understand, someone enabled auto-handicap on Redact's JP setup and it ended up getting mistakenly used for at least one tournament set.

But overall, the first ranbat was awesome! Lots of intense matches, funny moments and different faces placing high - it should be an interesting season.

Power rankings are unnecessary imo, people can just make up their own mind as to who the best players are without a panel telling them.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Mikul, Ike off's are too manly. The only real winner in an Ike off is Ike himself. But yes, you best'd me.

Ike ftw.

And curse that ******* Wolf of yours Devil, lol. I'll have my vengeance one day.

And it looks like Team Rocket blasted off again...

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
yes, chris and I had a good time and was our first tournament, whether it was casual or not. I never knew there was a serious smash scene until late last year so it was nice to experience it all yesterday; we just wanted to get another chance to play brawl and....chris got the most out of it. argh why did i have to play against 2 Marths in a row?! :p
anyways as Chris beat me to it, i'd like to say thanks for organising it and everyone being hospitable.
t'was an awesome experience.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
REDACTS power rankings
ok go

1: captain falcon
2: Redact
3: captain falcon
5: pikachu
6: redact
7: spider man
4: Forte
over 9000: Shaz

accurate rankings imo

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
IFFFF
cao gets his cheepy tv AANNNDD not too many people want meety tommorow AANNNNDDD no one else offers to host
i MIIGGGHHTTT have a meet for like uhh... 5-8 people?

oops double

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Marth/sheik? I never used marth in singles. I only used him once in doubles. You might as well put mario up there because I used him in one match against some stupid woxy. It was my first time playing but I still scored top 5 :).

Dekar289

Smash Hero
ranking, clearly, redact.

for example, dekar is ranked high

not you

lol

not you YET ;)

actually i'm not ranked high, but who cares, man. no draw johns.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if those 2 are the best

the loser will go through loser's brackets and they meet again in the final

no problem

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
the next ranbats are seeded single elim dekar, it took wayyyyy too long this monthly so were going to give that system a shot

the situation i pointed out = what i hope doesnt happen
or do i hope it happens? hmmmm.......

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Wow Brawl is awesome I had so much fun yesterday, its good to see people embracing the new game and not just disregarding it for not being Melee 2. And I don’t care what everyone says the ice climbers aren’t that bad lol, But their no Wolf.

Erick- cant believe I drew you in the first round ☹ lol, Your Ike is too good…

Nay- you play an awesome Toon Link man, definitely rematches next time

Lemon Man X- haha then we’ll play again next time for sure, stage gimps are win lol

IceK- Black Jack FTW, I still cant believe you found ANOTHER character that you can spam… maybe even harder than peach.

Btw let me know if anythings going on tomorrow ive gotta work during the day but anything after 5:30 and I’ll be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom