• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
toshi vs tak $20 mm to decide who is best fox in vic and who should be higher on pr

[22:30] <+Tak> kk

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
By that logic I've already beaten KO, Dekar and Em 4stock so I can retire as the best in Aus ever period?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Who's this Shaz noob? and who the hell plays Roy xD

Failing to IC cheaps sucks - infinite combo stuffs should either be totally banned or all allowed (stage bans on all walled stages why then?). Review competition rules with minds of your own not have Wife or his lame successor/s do your thinking for you k thx.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
Who's this Shaz noob? and who the hell plays Roy xD

Failing to IC cheaps sucks - infinite combo stuffs should either be totally banned or all allowed (stage bans on all walled stages why then?). Review competition rules with minds of your own not have Wife or his lame successor/s do your thinking for you k thx.
how dare ics have something viable that makes them a decent character, other than dsmash over and over

btw you can escape that dair cg

tibs7

Smash Champion
Pretty sure I beat all 3 of them Dekar, does that make me no. 1? =3

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Tibs always beats me. His doc is mad legit.

Makes me wanna pick up Marth. Just for one matchup D=

Oh, and Tak will beat me easily. He's got waaay more experience.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Haha Tibs you need to pwn up Dekar first - then re-ask him that question :)

Timic...IC's viable? Coz having two characters that have an array of hax such as awesome edgeguard+hog combo, block+breath, block + grab, double breath damage hax, grab+smash, awesome wd, someone to break them out of grabs, massive recovery both vertically and horizonally, decent crouch height, bouncing + falling projectile and high damage were never going to be enough xO.

I heard Tak competed in the first Olympic Games and has been grinding experience since then Tosh, so you'd better wear those circles on the thumbstick down at very least if you plan on pwning him up. As a note, I'd had a controller that I'd used since waaay back when....not just the grip-rings but the rubber itself on the thumbstick had also worn and torn off...so it can be done!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
quick question shaz, how many times can roy side b to recover before it becomes counter productive (just once?) and does double jumping reset it so you can use it to recover some more?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
It's similar to Marths Luke. The first one used aerially will give you a boost (generally - some exceptions like with hanging on the edge and such, which wont revive the forwardB). After that it can either stall your falling slightly, or be counter productive depending on your momentum at the time. :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok thanks bru, and does double jumping after let you get that first boost back?
does double jumping help at all?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Second jump doesn't refresh it sadly, and will actually stop your upward momentum if you use forwardB > second jump > forward B during jump.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
this poll is outdated
need a new one bout how much we all love mew2king
have to make the place look clean for him dammit

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Was just thinking of some hypothetical matches, and thought I'd share my thoughts.

Sheik vs IC's on Pokemon Stadium: I'd consider that Sheik does badly vs IC's, and maybe rethink my character....but if Sheik then I'd probably play the edges and platforms - a direct fight where I have little knockback to split them would lead to me being grabbed. I'd probably use my diagonally aimed fast projectile to my advantage, abuse my ability to outrange them with bair, and let them play into my tilts. I would probably avoid UpB'ing onto the ground also, favouring the edge, or in the event it's not free, I'd sooner go up and take my chances overhead while vulnerable.
Whereas if I were to try fight a technical foe like in
Sheik vs Fox on Brinstar, and it was outspeeding me, I'd consider that water quickly washes away mud, but has a much harder time again a stone wall, so I'd defend vigilantly and pick the hole in its offensive. Perhaps to better my chances, I'd stand beneath the right-hand platform, ready to tilt any approach, or crouch any incoming blasters set to coax me out of hiding.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Fads change, facts don't ;). The constructive and mature reply would have been to give an alternative solution. The door's wide open and the stage is yours.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Kulla is coming btw (first for the Zombie Shuffle then later on for the tournament) <3

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-We'll all have to catch up in Melb, show us some nice place to eat Cao =D
-I'll be in Melb from the 27th till the 12th of May, and if some guys wanna come with me bike riding to the city sometime, let me know (From Mt.Waverley area)
-Will also hopefully hold a smash/dinner party one night

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
can i fit into the bracket if i get there at 5? i'm actually having a lot of fun playing melee right now, and am actually wanting to get good at the game.

-I'll be in Melb from the 27th till the 12th of May, and if some guys wanna come with me bike riding to the city sometime, let me know (From Mt.Waverley area)
big yes to this. havent touched my bike in way too long.

tibs7

Smash Champion
ummm you dont ahve a bike you scrub.
dont be trying to be all cool like chris please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom