• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] I like video games, lets play them together this weekend!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
People took **** from my fridge without asking.

It's already on the OP of this thread that my stuffs off limits.

If this happens again I simply won't host any further meets, or restrict everyone to the back house the whole time.

Consider this a final warning before the bi-weeklies get canned.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Wow, that's crap. Hate it when that sort of thing happens.

On another note, last night made me want to play more brawl lol

:phone:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Sorry to hear that Phil...I drank some cordial but that's it, You already know that.

Good to know Attila lol. I don't know if I boosted your ego or challenged you enough to keep you interested but at least the result was positive lol.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
rather not splurge details or attempt to dob on anyone.

I'm not looking for who did it, this is more of a general warning.

I had mad fun though regardless, kidz sports gaems yeeee

also me n dd mad good at rhythm heaven

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Derp I forgot my GC controller.
Phil will you be attending the tourney at all next Saturday? Even just to open the venue or whatever?
Alternatively I could go by your house earlier (10am-ish) and pick it up on Saturday morning.

Attila_

BRoomer
Good to know Attila lol. I don't know if I boosted your ego or challenged you enough to keep you interested but at least the result was positive lol.
more than anything i was just having fun playing.

although i did like thinking out the process necessary to outcamp you, and succeeding. things like that make me really love the game.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
"Ladies and gentlemen, Meet The Worst Wii Game Ever."
—ONM, Issue 51

The magazine awarded Wheelspin 11%

features 8 player splitscreen

Dekar289

Smash Hero
we actually played that one at tak10 or tak11, luke
seriously give it a playthrough, the review doesn't do it justice

8 player rugby? yes please

Splice

Smash Hero
1/10? How dissapointingly Good.

That's well above the standard for Dave

I was expecting a second coming of Nicktoons Baseball Failtastic
It was so bad I actually didn't want to play as Gaz anymore (and she's hot too!)

I also didnt want to play as Zim anymore
Or hear Gir speak anymore
Or live.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i can't make it to 26th lol... have prior engagement
ah well, shovelware party 2k11 will have to wait

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
punch time explosion is ****ing amazing, tak left just before i started playing blossom and gave billy the business

no but seriously the game is really fun, blossom is totally top tier, grim/aku are pretty good too

rest of u are missin out

Attila_

BRoomer
It's like... Smash 64... But the stages are massive... Everyone moves like jiggly puff... And all the moves look the same.

Except for KELLY AND MANDY

:phone:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i played one match with friends, ben10 ***** everyone with his dinosaur charge...
we didn't know how to shield though lol

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i played one match with friends, ben10 ***** everyone with his dinosaur charge...
we didn't know how to shield though lol
me and billy just played like 14 hours, we got all the characters/stages and made a tier list along with a list of neutral/cp stages rofl

ben10 is like bottom of high

top characters = aku/blossom/buttercup

Splice

Smash Hero
Cartooon Network Punchtime Explosion Competitive Ruleset

STAGE RULES
Strike 4 starters in 1221 format.
Play on the remaining stage.
Losing player gets to counterpick, winning player gets TWO bans.
Repeat until 2 matches are won by the same player.

All matches starting from Winners Semi Finals are to be Best of 5.

You can not play on a stage you have already won on.

STARTER STAGES
Samurai Jack 2
Ben10 1
Ben10 2 (poison walk off mechanic smartest idea ever, so balance)
Fosters 2
Final Showdown 1

Counterpick
Samurai Jack 1
KND 3
Grim 1 (these three stages were neutral, but we had 8 starters. Due to these stages being so close in neutrality, all of them were shafted to Counterpick, for they have minor details that are simply a tiny bit more odd than other starters. These stages are NOT TO BE BANNED)
Chowder 1
KND 1
KND 2 (git on da busssss, Grims best stage, give powerpuff girls the 3 stock anyday, defs ban vs Grim)
Fosters 1
Dexters 1
Dexters 2 (My fav, Aku offstage gimp with laser ***** Philly here)
Grim 3 (note: Other stages were banned due to campiness such as chowder 3, and flapjack 3. This stage is the campiest legal stage, benefitting Aku and maybe Grim, although Grim is like Marth if you get below Grim. But there is nothing about this stage that guarantees campy characters the win, it just gives them space vs Rushdown. As long as no-one plays "Him" and runs away in fairy mode for hours, this stage is A-ok. We will just ban this strat, the fairy f****tery.)

Banned
Chowder 3 (Have u got a projectile? GG u win. And if both have a projectile that just makes it worse rofl)
Samurai 3 (Walk-offs. We tried to play normal, and it really did just become a game of Bthrow)
Chowder 2 (Imagine a neutral stage... that spawns 150% healing hearts. yer no)
Powerpuff Girls EVERYTHING (All these stages just make you their *****. No-one really wins, one person just doesn't taste as nice in the stages opinion)
Flapjack Everything (The first level could be CP, but there is a running bit at the start of the stage. If I get in front of u with Aku or Grim, i can just spam Laser/Scythe in front of u until the stage catches up to me - at which point you will die)
(The second level is alright... we just found it really dumb and because you cant die unless whales mouth is open - or you are ******** and die to the right - that's not very legit)
(The third level is like Hanenbow fused with Green Greens fused with not being good for friendlies at all)
Fosters 3 (honestly forget what this stage was but TRUST ME IT'S **** OK?)
Dexter 3 (mandarks lab... have fun playing chicken dittoes. Coz the stage turns you into a chicken.)
Grim 2 (This stage is another stage i forget. probs coz broken as **** and waste of time to play on)

Cartoon Network Explosion Character Tier List
vaguely ordered within tiers

TOP TIER
Aku - laser comboes into laser to get them offstage, shoot their upb they die. Imagine falcos laser but people cant upb again if u hit them. That's basically Akus laser. He also has Shuttle Loop. :)
Blossom - Little Powerpuff nerd girl. Destroys any rushdown you wanna play with ice breath, edge guards with thunder (like Pikachu) and cant be gimped by anyone except aku since her UpB is like "where on the stage do you want to be? Sure thing gurrl"
Buttercup - Good like Blossom, has a projectile so she deals with Aku better, but in general, Buttercup is worse as her UpB is not as good and she has to put effort in to deal with rushdowns.

High Tier
Grim - Space Fair if you verse low range enemy with no projectiles. Just smack 'em with Side B when you're near and they might die at 60%. Your projectile is also almost as good as Akus, and there is also some frame advantage **** you need to know. If there is a grim ditto, you get a free SideB if you sheild another SideB. The range on this move and its knockback are preposterous, it's just grim has NO OFFSTAGE ABILITY and his recovery is low tier. THus, he ***** himself, first SideB wins, spectacular dittoes.
Young Ben Ten - SideB only does 2%, but has awesome knockback lol. His basic speed and attacks are ok. You really have to play hard to do well though, you need to be good. Although both Ben Tens will always get slaughtered by Aku.
Ben Ten - HUMONGOSAURRR!!!!!
Him - SideB does 50%. Vulnerable on startup, but Invulnerable around 1 second into the charge. B is a great killmove, but hard to land, but your uncharged smashes are also formidable. UpB is almost as good as blossoms. Like blossoms you cant really attack out of it though. No real projectile is a downside. Probably better than the Bens in MY opinion.

Bubbles - Makes Tak go home if you spam scream. Worst powerpuff, no priority, no speed on her powerful moves.

MID TIER
Vilgax - Best Explosion Ultimate thing in the game. Attack Upwards to ****. Decent recovery. DownB is amazing and it's really easy to smash gems out of your opponent to charge Explosion Time. I thought he'd be high tier. But then I played against him with a projectile character. He stands a good chance against blossom still, but Aku/Grim/even buttercup just trample all over him.
Samurai Jack - So average. just make swords go every real fast, decent upb decent counter, nothing special anywhere though.
Scottsman - like Jack with a good projectile, but he's slower in general. Worse UpB too.
Monkey - To play Monkey you have to go rushdown. Side B and side A and all the roll attacks. Speed is your friend, because if the oponent has anytime they will camp your ***, or space you out, or generally outprioritise. It felt this character had a few genuine comboes though you just run at them and hit stuff then back off, then wait for opening then hit them. I beat Redacts Blossom on a small stage where he couldnt time his Ice Breath very well to beat my Rushdowns
Chowder - Swallow is a great move, and DownB is good for killing. Ulti is pisspoor, but swallow is what puts this guy into Mid tier rather than low tier. It is an anti-air, and an anti-charge and it beats rushdowns. I can see this guy contending with Buttercup in the MU.
Johnny - Looks so broken. Isn't. Combs are probably the second best projectile in the game, and his Nair is like foxes, so if you SH it im pretty sure it comboes. But have fun killing me, or hitting me with anything that isnt those two moves.

LOW TIER
- Mac and Blue - just average everywhere. SideB a great kill, your Ulti is good... like Chowder with no answer to charges and air attackss that are fast.
Flapjack - seems weak, Fair is a good move though.... we cant say much about this little ****ter
Dexter - I didnt play as him much, but he has no assets, maybe a more solid low tier than Mac and Blue but no answer to a lot of things.
Ross - Slow as. Good hitboxes on his moves though, decent priority. Just so slow he is bad. Kinda like ganon in some ways.

BOTTOM TIER
Captain Planet - Like brawl captain falcon with no sweetspot on Knee and no Down Air
Father - How can you make a character so bad>? WOW. If he ultis, sheild and roll away it wont do anything. He has no priority and he feels like fighting wielding a wet paper towel as a weapon. His charge is fast but if they press a button you are the one that dies. Everything just feels so wrong, the end lag, the start lag, the fact i cant find the move that was supposed to happen in between...
Toilenator - And this guy? ... anyone heard of Jojos adventure? Imagine you're petshop, but the other way around. Reversed. Yeah, like you're so bad that no other character can even get hit by you? So you're imaging that character now? Well the character you are thinking of now, is like Petshop for real when versing Toilenator. For people who havent played Jojos - Toilenator is so bad he loses to Father, id say probably 80:20 or 70:30

Characters we don't know enough about to rank (although Im pretty much certain they are all Mid or Lower):
Mojo, C. Ternacles, Billy and Mandy, Number One

Splice

Smash Hero
We didn't find any knee sweetspot or anything good in the 3-4 games we played C.Planet

Regardless, Play my aku/grim/vilgax/buttercup/jack with your C.Planet Tim and it wont be fun

Why would you call me dumb? That seems unnecessary

Splice

Smash Hero
Its just the weird angle sourspot yeah?

Im confused did you find something new or not? :s

Kier.F

Smash Apprentice
What's that Phil??.... Another meet this weekend? Sounds like a great idea!

Top Bottom