• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] BAM6 announced, May 9-11 2014! Congrats to Dekar, SD and Shaya!

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
To the BlazBlue fans. It is official. BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma is now an official tournament at BAM6. If you haven't registered, register as soon as possible. Time to get your Smash and BlazBlue on.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Real talk.

We want to stream smash, but aren't sure if we have all the equipment needed.

Show of hands please?

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
I've just thought of an idea. Why don't we ask the CouchWarriors guys or the Shadowloo guys for some LCD monitors and capture cards. I just finished reading the article on how Mr Wizard bought an EVO LCD setup to Super Arcade to test Smash on it. Guys like Fly Amanita, DEHF and HugS say that there was barely any input lag, the graphics looked better and the gameplay was smooth. Why don't we try it out.

Juci

Smash Apprentice
I've just thought of an idea. Why don't we ask the CouchWarriors guys or the Shadowloo guys for some LCD monitors and capture cards. I just finished reading the article on how Mr Wizard bought an EVO LCD setup to Super Arcade to test Smash on it. Guys like Fly Amanita, DEHF and HugS say that there was barely any input lag, the graphics looked better and the gameplay was smooth. Why don't we try it out.
if you read the article it says its good but it stuffed up a few times, and they are still going to use CRT's at events. so theres no real need for an lcd i dont mind lugging CRT's anyway.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Well, I'm working late the Friday night, so having my recording setup there then might be a bit of a stretch. I'll do my best to have it there the saturday and Sunday.
I've fixed my Pal recording issues too, so no issues there now, apart from filthy interlaced signals.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Please guys. You gotta let me commentate. Melee, Brawl or even both. I don't care which one but I just want to commentate on any. I can bring hype, jokes, suspense which will lead to even more hype, technical detail on what is happening in the game and general knowledge on the smashers competing. Please guys, just give me a chance. I won't let you down. Speaking of commentary. Who are the commentators for SurPr15e vs the world.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
As certified best commentator au for all games including smash 64, you first have to prove yourself through commentating from within the crowd itself.

Also I don't think anyone would get your planned references to specific matches in 2009 ranbats that you somehow have an idetic memory of.

"Man that back air was almost as perfect as the one cobalt landed on shaz back in their semi-finals match on brinstar in 2009 at the July monthly to secure the win"

Pretty sure billy wasn't even born back then so thats 1 person out of the maybe 20 people that would watch the youtube vid I guarantee would not get the reference.

Juci

Smash Apprentice
I for one think he would be a good commentator, but honestly how many viewers would we have if it got streamed. I'm all for recording though.

S.D

Smash Master
I would question your ability to provide 'technical detail' and doubly your general knowledge of the players... you've been to how many events and know how many of us personally? This is not a criticism on you, but people who have been around the scene longer will inevitably know more about the player base... and probably the game in general. All this said I'd be curious to give you a chance, if everyone else is, sheerly for the enigma factor.

Hughie

Smash Lad
SS2013

Lol
There will be plenty of time for multiple commentators if people want to shuffle around, just dont be ****, stay hype all day
Ummm. lol. That was me being a idiot during friendlies between shuvl and scribble. Probably the least serious thing ever. Plz never let me commentate an actual match ever

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
There's heaps of chances for you to try your hand at commentating at these kinds of tournaments, it was my first time at Melbourne and I got to commentate quite a few matches. It's a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it. I'd say i'd be happy to do it again if it weren't for the fact that it seems like there's already enough willing volunteers. :laugh:

In the end, if worst comes to worst, you can always get some regular/well-known aus commentators and shove them on the mic for finals. :-)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
IMO the only way to really train up commentators is to get an idea of where they're at anyway. Considering most of our events don't even have commentary, it'd probably be a good chance to let some people try their hand at it.

Just my 2 (+2 from before so it's actually 4) cents.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I got placed on SS Brawl finals commentary duty - I'm sure there are plenty of people capable of doing a better job than me.
There really isn't.

I have a recording setup but considering that my computer is usually the one used for TIO, which means that it will be moved away from the TVs and to reduce everyone crowding around the computer I doubt I'll be using it.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
I have a recording setup but considering that my computer is usually the one used for TIO, which means that it will be moved away from the TVs and to reduce everyone crowding around the computer I doubt I'll be using it.
I can bring a tablet or a laptop for TIO if you prefer, more recording setups the better.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, QLD smasher here.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it, but is there a Melee/Project M stream confirmed? The OP says one stream, but I'm wondering if that is for a variety of games other than Smash.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
thanks for the invite to commentate brawl

it's ok, the stream will just miss out on my perfect knowledge about everything as a result of reading V115's threads, and my subsequent perfect theory-crafting skills about the possible and impossible (i.e. critical hits).

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Stream details are being clarified as we speak; i'm rallying pretty hard.

Can we not talk about who is commentating yet please, it's derailing purposeful discussion.

I need to know who has equipment, because this is a large factor in our ability to stream.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
The people doing the streaming are really good at having hdmi only setups, meaning they think they would have lots of trouble with smash. I have the solution but nothing confirmed yet.

I will look over this thread in the next few days to bring myself up to speed with your concerns. Sorry that I've been a bit lax.

MizzityMarth

Smash Rookie
Sorry for a stupid question, but since it's hosted in a hotel, I'm guessing there's an age limit. Could anyone confirm this? The only reason I ask is because it's not EXPLICITLY stated anywhere, but I'm ready to have the small piece of hope i have crushed.

Top Bottom