• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] BAM6 announced, May 9-11 2014! Congrats to Dekar, SD and Shaya!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
also, brawl is boring
we usually only do melee amateur brackets in vic anyway

Bu$

HoC
Unless an event pulls in more than a certain number there is probably no point in an amateur bracket.
If Brawl (and Melee too for that matter) only pulls in like 20 entrants, there isnt really any point in amateur bracket
True. Hopefully melee pulls way more than that.

Hughie

Smash Lad
An amateur bracket is a bracket for the lesser-skilled people like me, and you don't have to worry about playing someone like Dekar or S.D in your bracket, because they'll be in the pro bracket. If I remember, winner of amateur gets entry into pro bracket?

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
An amateur bracket is a bracket for the lesser-skilled people like me, and you don't have to worry about playing someone like Dekar or S.D in your bracket, because they'll be in the pro bracket. If I remember, winner of amateur gets entry into pro bracket?
Okay, count me in for amateur bracket too.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
usually, after pools, those who don't qualify for the main 'pro' bracket are eligible for entry into the amateur bracket
amateur bracket is usually single eliminartion and has a separate prize for 1st place

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
usually, after pools, those who don't qualify for the main 'pro' bracket are eligible for entry into the amateur bracket
amateur bracket is usually single eliminartion and has a separate prize for 1st place
Just had an idea. With the amateur bracket, why doesn't the prize be entry into SurPr15e vs the world as well as the separate prize. Or do you want use another way to find out who the competitors are going to be for SurPr15e vs the world.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
There is also talk that Pokemon will make an appearance, but this will depend on the level of interest.
I'm guessing this is not happening? There's no mention of it on the website or facebook page.

Also, has anyone started organising housing yet? I'd be very interested in coming if I would have somewhere to stay.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'll place 4th or higher in melee guaranteed

vegemite triangles wouldn't make it past 9th at an aussie major

also I like those little party sausage rolls better
Oh golly i'm on that end. OH THE HUMANITY!

On a more serious note, I figured it was time I made a return. It's good to see you all again guys, and I apologise for my absence (not that it made a difference but it's formal and sounds nice n' such...).

I don't know if I can make it this year due to it being my final year - in any case I know for a fact i won't be able to come next year (well, not 100% but pretty close to it) so if I can't make it this year then i'll just have to make my epic return in 2016 lol.

But in any case, i'll ask around and it's really great to be back. To any new participants, it's a pleasure to meet you! ^_^

Bu$

HoC
I should be able to host OOS people (preferably melee) but if there is room i'll host anyone.

I'm also moving so i should have more room in the new place than the current one.

SHuVL-Smash

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm BAAAAAAAACK. I will be attending BAM 6 if NAPLAN doesn't take up too much of my time. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Also, is there any news on SLHQ?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey guys, I'm BAAAAAAAACK. I will be attending BAM 6 if NAPLAN doesn't take up too much of my time. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Also, is there any news on SLHQ?
Ohhh NAPLAN... boy, the good old days when the beginnings of mathematics exams read "find 79 - 35" because NAPLAN decided it would cater to the national standard.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
from couch warriors facebook - Great news everyone - Friday night for BAM6 is confirmed! We'll be looking at Exhibitions and special events to entertain everyone! The event is now MAY 9-11!
More soon. Love to hear about what rivalry matches, 5v5, or other treats you'd like to see.
friday night crew battles!

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
from couch warriors facebook - Great news everyone - Friday night for BAM6 is confirmed! We'll be looking at Exhibitions and special events to entertain everyone! The event is now MAY 9-11!
More soon. Love to hear about what rivalry matches, 5v5, or other treats you'd like to see.

friday night crew battles!
Aww yiss! Will this change pricing at all?

Actually, on the topic of pricing, what even are the fees for this event?

Splice

Smash Hero
Real talk though... Can I get some names for crews?
I don't know exactly what you mean.
Do you mean people who will be playing in crews? I guess you only need that from OoS attendance, since VIC should be bl00dy well able to find players for crews to match OoS numbers.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I doubt it's be needed this year - but if I manage to come and you somehow have a shortage of good players then yeah I can jump in. It's just letting you know, though.

Top Bottom