• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp's 2010 National Circuit ----Canceled, Read the OP for more Details

Aposl

Smash Ace
We didnt take Anti's stream down and leave Albert. Just so you know. He put his stream up when ours went down, we needed our computer to get it back up, but he used ours for the time being. Then when I saw that his page was up I got angry and ranted to my brother GIMR, who told me to chill (I didnt know what was going on). And then Anti worked hard on getting ours back up, which took a while. IDK what happened to the stream because im not a tech person. But I have invested thousands of dollars and hours of time into trying to get this VGBootCamp thing going so being upset that I drove 4 hours to provide a stream with my equipment is an appropriate reaction, i do get mad. But let me clarify, i was ranting at my brother, I wasn't mad at Anti. He helped out alot and I am very glad. We didnt just leave either, we streamed and recorded matches till the end. One other thing. Me and my brother are VGbootcamp. We have a few other smashers who help/partners, but we are people who play this game. We have created the professional face of VGBootCamp because we believe this community deserves more, and are trying to give it to you. I apologize if anyone was offended by anything I said on the stream or in the background etc... it was not aimed at Anti. Nor was anything I said meant to put anyone down. I really hope you all realize that me and my brother are just trying to provide a more professional level to our gaming community. So once again I apologize for the unprofessional aspects of the way this stream was ran, and I hope this answers any questions. Also, points will be updated within the week, as well as the announcement of our next event!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey guys,

just so you know, you did the rankings wrong. Unless its just weird.

if there are ties, it should be the next available position. for example, you're melee should look like this:

1: Vidjo: 60 points
2: Lucky: 50 points
2: Mango: 50 points
2: M2K: 50 points
5: Darkrain: 30 points
5: Silent Spectre: 30 points
5: FEAR: 30 points
5: MegaChuck: 30 points
9: LOZR: 20 points

like that

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Just a thought, but I think points should also be weighted based on attendance. In any case, I look forward to see what the next event is, hopefully I'll be able to make it.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
What does the person with the most points (at the end?) get / win?

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

just so you know, you did the rankings wrong. Unless its just weird.

if there are ties, it should be the next available position. for example, you're melee should look like this:

1: Vidjo: 60 points
2: Lucky: 50 points
2: Mango: 50 points
2: M2K: 50 points
5: Darkrain: 30 points
5: Silent Spectre: 30 points
5: FEAR: 30 points
5: MegaChuck: 30 points
9: LOZR: 20 points

like that

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out, we did it for Brawl but mistakenly missed it for melee

What does the person with the most points (at the end?) get / win?
That'll be annnounced in the future

Iliad

Smash Lord
yo you guys should join forces with mlg. that'd be so **** :D
MLG doesn't share. And TBCH, their induction of Brawl into the pro circuit spells bad news for VG Bootcamp which is a ****ty deal cause I liked their tourneys.

For those who aren't familiar with MLG. Once you're a pro, you're their pro. You are no longer permitted to enter any tournament that is not ran by MLG unless they give you permission that says otherwise. Given that VGBootcamp is more or less a rival, don't expect players like M2k, Ally, ADHD, mikeHaze, Dehf, CO18.. etc etc... coming out to big name tourneys if they get signed.

That being said. Keep this up as long as you can boys, VG Bootcamp is serving as an inspiration to others who want to do the same thing in the US and abroad.

Laijin

Smash Hero
MLG doesn't share. And TBCH, their induction of Brawl into the pro circuit spells bad news for VG Bootcamp which is a ****ty deal cause I liked their tourneys.

For those who aren't familiar with MLG. Once you're a pro, you're their pro. You are no longer permitted to enter any tournament that is not ran by MLG unless they give you permission that says otherwise. Given that VGBootcamp is more or less a rival, don't expect players like M2k, Ally, ADHD, mikeHaze, Dehf, CO18.. etc etc... coming out to big name tourneys if they get signed.

That being said. Keep this up as long as you can boys, VG Bootcamp is serving as an inspiration to others who want to do the same thing in the US and abroad.
wtf is this?
Why would MLG ban you from traveling on your own expense to attend tournies?

Atrion

Smash Apprentice
actually signing with them is different from just being granted "pro status" for placing in the top 16. They would still be allowed to do whatever they want unless they actually sign some sort of sponsorship deal like T2 did.

thx

Smash Ace
this should only be for melee now IMO seeing as brawl has MLG now and you shouldnt have put a tourny in indie no one is around there just do it in major smash places like florida cali new york ect. i only see those places really getting high attendance

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman

waaaaaaaaat? :confused:

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iliad View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is absolute BS.
I have MLG Halo3 pros at events EVERY MONTH!
I have the commissioner of MLG at events every once in a while.
We are not talking low level Pros either....
Neighbor, Hysteria, SK... at GameClucks Halo3 monthlies EVERY MONTH.
Anakin, MLG Commissioner, been to GC a few times... one of his good friends, at GC almost every month... so if MLG did not want these guys doing that, I can pretty much guarantee that it woul dhave been stopped by now.
OH ALSO TP3 has these same guys at it...

So while if you a "Pro" at MLG, it is true you are a signed Pro (under a contract of sorts with MLG) but it is that you will Represent MLG in a positive light at events you go to and that MLG events will take priority... so if you are say M2K and you are an MLG Pro and there is some large West Coast event and an MLG event on the same weekend, you will go to the MLG event.. not the other one.

How does stupid crap like this guys rant even get posted?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iliad View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is absolute BS.
I have MLG Halo3 pros at events EVERY MONTH!
I have the commissioner of MLG at events every once in a while.
We are not talking low level Pros either....
Neighbor, Hysteria, SK... at GameClucks Halo3 monthlies EVERY MONTH.
Anakin, MLG Commissioner, been to GC a few times... one of his good friends, at GC almost every month... so if MLG did not want these guys doing that, I can pretty much guarantee that it woul dhave been stopped by now.
OH ALSO TP3 has these same guys at it...

So while if you a "Pro" at MLG, it is true you are a signed Pro (under a contract of sorts with MLG) but it is that you will Represent MLG in a positive light at events you go to and that MLG events will take priority... so if you are say M2K and you are an MLG Pro and there is some large West Coast event and an MLG event on the same weekend, you will go to the MLG event.. not the other one.

How does stupid crap like this guys rant even get posted?
Wow, thank you very much for clearing things up!

I was scared I was not going to see my favorite smashers anymore due to them most likely getting sponsored by MLG.

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice
We at VGBootCamp put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this circuit. Due to unforeseen circumstances though it has been canceled. It's been an honor and we really enjoyed smashing and working with the community.

Does this mean VGBootCamp won't be involved in the community any more?

No,

For the past couple of months we've been traveling to tournaments to give them a quality live stream(Viridian city 7, Herb 3) and put the videos up soon after. Also, we are a big part of Apex 2010 which will probably be the biggest smash event of the year. In short, we are working hard to make smash bigger and better and to make the tournaments as professional as possible.

Another big thing we're working on is our site. We want to have it up early next year so we're working feverishly to make the strategy guides, videos, etc, as in depth as possible. It is going to be amazing.

That being said, we apologize to all who worked hard to get their points and we thank all who supported us.

Sincerely,

VGBootCamp

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Thought id start posting in diff threads

Apex is only a few months away guys, May 30th is the last day to register before the price is raised, so come on and register. Right now only about 17 ppl have registered. http://apex.vgbootcamp.com/
Im trying to help out Strife by doing this.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Gameclucks already hit this but...

This is not true. A close to complete fabrication.

Top Bottom