• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Presents Level Up: Pre-Pound Warm up. 1/9/10, Gaithersburg, MD, *Rules*

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice

VGBootCamp, in association with Deez, is proud to bring you Level Up: Level 1.

MD/VA needs to step it up for *Pound* 4 and this tournament will be the warm up needed to be fully prepared for it

This Tournament will be at The Ultimate Gaming Zone:

LakeForest Mall
701 Russell Ave
Gaithersburg MD, 20877

Fees:

Venue: $10
Singles Brawl: $10
Doubles Brawl: $10
Singles Street Fighter: $10

Payouts:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Schedule:

10 AM: Doors Open, Doubles Registration Starts
12 PM: Doubles Begin for Brawl/ Singles for SF4
3:00 PM: Singles Sign Ups Start
3:30 PM: Singles Pools Start
5:30 PM: Singles Bracket Start
12:00 AM Latest: Tourney is over​

Rules:

Brawl

Singles:

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

Items are set to "off" and "none"

-If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

-First round consists of players choosing their characters. During this time either player can call for a double blind pick . The first stage will then be determined by the stage striking method. One player strikes one stage and then the next player strikes two stages. Next, the original player chooses a stage out of the final two that are available to him or her.(If both players can't agree on who strikes first a best 2/3 game of rock, paper, scissors will be played. The winner chooses who goes first.) After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counter picks.

-Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.

-You may not counter pick a stage you have already won on earlier that set unless your opponent agrees to it.

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

* Counterpick Stages:

o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium 1

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then the participating player Who has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but are not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth's standing infinite chain grab on Ness and Lucas, etc.
-All Ice Climber chain grabs are legal until after their opponent is over 250%.
-The Ice Climber's fusion glitch is banned.
-Meta knight's Infinite cape glitch is banned
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Doubles:

- Same standard rules and stages as singles.
--In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
- Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
-Stock sharing is allowed.
-Team Attack is on

SF4:

Street Fighter IV

-No Characters are banned

-Each player will have 2 lives

-the timer will be set to 99

-You will have to beat your opponent in a 2/3 set to move on(Not 2/3 Rounds)

-Winners Losers Finals will be 3/5

-Grand Finals will be 4/7

-Life will be set to 5 stars

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
How is Yoshi's worse than FD as a neutral? Why, so you can allow D3/IC/Falco to CG all day? So Diddy can control the stage with bananas? So Oli can camp? Get outttta heeeere

I don't see how this is a warmup for pound 4 with such bad neutral rules, there's not even striking.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Won't be here

Edit: Do strikes with those 3 stages, that way anyone who hates FD can strike it, That was the whole point of this ruleset when I created it, then they can ban it game 2 if they win

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Yeah it was late last night and I didn't notice them neutrals, change that madness and add Yoshi's, it's one of the better neutrals.

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice
Rules fixed, they are now Pound 4 rules. Plank hasn't updated with stage striking yet though.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
pound 4 warm-up!!!! will sova be here? i got things to settle >.<
btw... will be here... but me and a tourny is obvious by now

Kenrawr

Smash Master
You could always compete with this

But i doubt you should, VGBootcamp just wants to get moving
Nah, they exposed theirs first.

I just think it's a little pricey considering that lots of people are/will be spent after the holidays/pound. But if you can afford it, go!

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Will come if I don't work. We'll see. Maybe I'll just make singles... I hope I'm just off though.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I might come, it really depends if my father would be willing to allow me to use his place...if I can get some free housing however...

=D

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
You best not be stealin Hackfest 5 attendance
To be fair, this is a Brawl tourney and Hackfest is a Brawl+ tourney (both have different crowds), I doubt people are going to be split between going to these two tournies

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
I might come, it really depends if my father would be willing to allow me to use his place...if I can get some free housing however...

=D
I generally host smashfests on fridays. You could come and stay here if you'd like... I just need to figure out my work schedule before I tell you any definites. I'm probably 40 min from the venue I think?

NightZander

Smash Apprentice
Smashfest before Pound 4 warmup tourney to warm up for the Pound 4 warm up tourney? I'll be there, most likely! What's the information for Sassy's place? D:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I generally host smashfests on fridays. You could come and stay here if you'd like... I just need to figure out my work schedule before I tell you any definites. I'm probably 40 min from the venue I think?
Awesome, keep me posted.

edit: Pyronic Star I swear I see you trying to money match people everywhere I go.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Awesome, keep me posted.

edit: Pyronic Star I swear I see you trying to money match people everywhere I go.
i used too, then i set my sights on 1st place... theres more money there, go figure... but lie asked me about this mm, this wasn't my doing lol

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
GUESS WHAT. Without even asking, I'm off on friday and saturday... Meaning AMAZING SMASHFEST + this tourney awwwwww yeaaaaaaa

Top Bottom