• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Presents Level Up: Pre-Pound Warm up. 1/9/10, Gaithersburg, MD, *Rules*

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Good stuff sassy and after this last touny I went to I really want to follow up with this one now.

It's going to take hell furry (hopefully not in a form of a deer this time) to stop me from coming.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
OK so apparently my roommates decided to have a party on friday, so I'm gonna smashfest/tourney on thursday. Tristan, you can still stay over friday if you don't mind that there's a party going on lol. I'm still totally attending this tourney in the morning!

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
will there be hot girls? there XD if so i wanna come hahahaaha

btw, i'm guessing everyone is gonna be here to make sure we're ready for pound... everyone step it up for this event!!!!!!!!

edit: apostle wants to team with you korn

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
read the alphazealot TO thread
do poooools

edit: someone wanna pick me up from where JC's tourney is? i think id rather go to this lol

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
you know that i'm very picky in teams.. :/
Well, your time's running out and your choices are withering away so choose wisely soon or you won't have anyone left to choose:chuckle:

Coney

Smash Master
oh wow, pools! neat!

i can't make it to this but wanted to tell you that i completely support this decision. i personally would like pools at more events, especially since coming to a tourney runs about $30 on average now. so hold more events, GIMR! u da best
but not with ness
!

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
How do pools make a $30 tourney more enjoyable?

Gonna take a lot of time, but whatever.

Korn, teamsies?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
There should be a minimum attendance requirement for pools, as doing pools for a 25 man tourney won't be practical

Edit: People harassing Kornn is silly, he just won't enter if he doesn't feel he has a shot at winning, you guys know him, come on now, he'll probably team with Vik or Takeover or something or not enter at all

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
omg, this has SF4!? i may have to reconsider coming especially if my GF may have work this weekend.

also, HAT im not comfortable with doing Pound 4 teams anymore. you and i really have no experience at teaming together and i honestly dont see us doing well together. gonna have to raincheck that my friend. sorries.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If you're gonna do pools, at least make it interesting, I have an idea (as always)

Since the attendance for this will be about 30, you can do 6 pools of 6 (room for buffer) top 2 advance.

From there you van either do a 12 man bracket, top 4 records get byes, OR you can wild card the best 4 records remaining in pools and do a 16 man bracket.

Teams would be half as many, obviously.

I personally think the wild card idea is perfect, it prevents people from getting jewed when a top seed will let the last player win just to help them out and it also helps against death pools.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
This **** doesn't end b4 11 WITHOUT pools and now you want to add them, seems annoying.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
NO POOLS PLEASE!

Concentrate on finishing Singles as fast as possible. Then we may all have enough energy and time to do Draft Crews with everyone present.

Sassy, will you be at this? 'Cuz if I can go (not sure yet) I'mma need a ride.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
I vote no pool as well.... ****s will take forever.......

Well, your time's running out and your choices are withering away so choose wisely soon or you won't have anyone left to choose:chuckle:
:/ i wonder why you talk like that.....

i got teammate, it's cool

korn, im gonna see if i can take off work so we can practice teams. don't make a decision yet
we could practice during pound, since I'll be free.. because I only entering teams like you know :o
korn can i get your autograph
other way around, buddy :chuckle:

Aposl

Smash Ace
oh wow, pools! neat!

i can't make it to this but wanted to tell you that i completely support this decision. i personally would like pools at more events, especially since coming to a tourney runs about $30 on average now. so hold more events, GIMR! u da best
but not with ness
!

Aww, No one ever pays me in gum :(

On another note, guys the pools will only be for singles, and, yes if there is a practical number, however that number will lower than usual( probably 20 to 25) cuz we iz trying out the Alpha Zealot idea thingy... We are hoping this will make people's tournament experience more fun, as far as will this end on time? Dont forget what the best MD/VA tourney of 09 was suckers!! We run our tournaments on schedule!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Aww, No one ever pays me in gum :(

On another note, guys the pools will only be for singles, and, yes if there is a practical number, however that number will lower than usual( probably 20 to 25) cuz we iz trying out the Alpha Zealot idea thingy... We are hoping this will make people's tournament experience more fun, as far as will this end on time? Dont forget what the best MD/VA tourney of 09 was suckers!! We run our tournaments on schedule!
Coincidentally, you also held the worst tournament of 09

I'd say you need a minimum of 36 players for pools. with 16 man bracket. There should be some official limit

Top Bottom