• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Various Matchup Analysis and Thoughts

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wait... future just complimented me?? @_@

me v rain is saved on alex strifes wii so itl eventually be up and its kind of awesome

Silhouette

Smash Lord
lol Chibo 2 gud.

but you could have lived at 1:50 with Fair > Up-B > Bair. Im telling you its a great momentum cancel.

I've got a new bag of tricks with ROB, got alot of good practice last week and I think Ive gone up another level.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i died early that time, i botched it. why does the upB help u with that? i dont get it.

but man that match is beautiful, the usmash kill i did on him he put his controller on his lap and clapped his hands as he was coming back on the platform at the top lol

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Well the Up-B substitutes for a jump, while actually Jumping negates your first momentum cancel, using Up B you can rise toward the corner DURING your Bair and the Bair seems to act like a bucket break. My original idea was to use Dair since we hit a brick wall if we use it during an Up-B, but Dair was way too slow.

I would also like to speculate that our aerials cancel momentum differently during our Up-B, that or Up adds something in the equation that allows the Bair to cancel more momentum than Fair > Bair. I would like to have someone test all this though, I think it was GWJumpman who did the testing before.

I've never died after the Bair comes out, and I've had some close calls.

I'd recommend practicing it in friendlies first though, its a very unique timing.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Doesn't the B-air increase the chance of your booty sticking out of the blast zone.?.?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Brawl Fact: Olimar can never beat Rob. The match-up is un-winnable.

//2cents
^ It's true, I 3-stocked Fino.
Oli seems pretty easy for rob
Hate to be late to the party, but what?

Olimar's always been one of my worst matchups, am i missing something here?

Or am I just playing Olimars that are so much better than me I can't win a matchup that I shouldn't be able to lose?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Ohhh so I'm just bad at sarcasm then.

I'd say is a 80:20 matchup, Sarcasm:Glyph

TeeVee

Smash Lord
ive never felt this comfortable with rob, i've been doing some pretty insane ****...ill get vids next tourny i go to

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Urk... Meta Knights have countered my WBGC now, so every time I do that (I even try to be unpredictable) I eat a Shuttle Loop or more Uairs... it's really frustrating. What to do?

Also, R.O.B. didn't rise in the Tier List, just like I said before, his days are over, not him being nerfed, but characters being buffed (and IMO Peach and Pit should be over him). I think his right spot is 19th place to be quiet honest. =/

2-DJeff

Smash Master
to every1 that think the zss MU isnt that bad for rob keep in mind that zss has a infinite specialized for rob.. its a foot stool infinite

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
That is a very good point!

How could have we forgotten that she has a footstool infinite on ROB?!

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Get the infinite on me and then I will be worried.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Some do, I usually expect higher level ZSS to know it, not gonna take risks.

but really, its SOO much easier to avoid than DDD's grab or the nado.
I would beware of it but I can't see many even learning the timing. There aren't many ZSS players nor ROB players out there lol.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well there aren't any safe methods to landing it so she needs serious mindgames to land dat downsmash which is slow as ****.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
You're just used to Meta Knight, right? ;)
Please look at the frame data.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
So against mk's who spam tornado, what can I do?
Predict it and space with a Nair or Fsmash. Retreating nair is what I tend to do.

While its kind of on topic, does anyone have a picture showing where we need to hit nado with Bair to beat it? It seems like a hit of nado clanks with bair or something and then I get caught in it >_>

TeeVee

Smash Lord
i think nado beats bair 100 percent of the time lol i honestly cant recall ever beating a nado with bair...it sucks because if bair went through it the nado would be useless

stingers

Smash Obsessed
bair beats tornado from above if youre moving downwards (or if you're moving up from an up b, because it sends you in a curve rather than a straight line like a jump) that's it.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Aight, thanks. I knew it could beat it sometimes from the top but I didn't know why it wasn't consistent.

Bees!

Smash Ace
MKs that spam nado are the easiest to beat imo. MKs that don't use Nado much on the other hand >_>

stingers

Smash Obsessed
nado spam can be annoying because there are times when you're vulnerable lol...but yeah most mks are dumb

Bees!

Smash Ace
Its weird. MKs that spam fAir give me the hardest time. Nado Spammers are really easy with stutter step fSmash, Pivot Laser and SH nAir. Its fAir that shuts me down and ftilt. I don't know how to beat them.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
just power shield the fair and grab if you are close or f tilt if you are far.

Top Bottom