• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaMPs! The IN Crowd: Apr. 10th, Indianapolis Indiana!!

clowsui

Smash Legend
ss and i are most likely going to come to this along w/ composer's event (unless composer's doesn't have as much competition as OUGA)

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Actually if I could make one legitimate stage list suggestion, it would be that you add two more stages to the neutral list, making the list of Starters 7 (definitely pokemon stadium and probably halberd). I've been doing it at Holy House and a lot more places around the midwest are adding neutrals to help make the stage-striking process more worthwhile.

Just some food for thought though, I'm coming either way.

Edited to make my point more clear, sorry. o.o;

Actually if I could make one legitimate stage list suggestion, it would be that you add two more stages to the neutral list (definitely pokemon stadium and probably halberd). I've been doing it at Holy House and a lot more places around the midwest are adding neutrals to help make the stage-striking process more worthwhile.

Just some food for thought though, I'm coming either way.
Im considering swapping PS1 into Starters and putting L.Cruise into CPs, but no way is halberd gonna be a starter, its definately not a starter

Icyo

Smash Ace
So each person strikes 3? Lol. This will be interesting. What's your reasoning for pictochat?

Dart

Smash Lord
if i could construct additional pylons i could probably go...but i have a melee tourney the same day in chicago :(

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'll probably be at this for Count. Also, I think titleing a thread "Bi-monthly" is a good way to decrease attendence. Every thread with "monthly" in it is usually just a local thing.

Kel

Smash Master
Actually, after noticing the "I can DQ you whenever I want" clause, I think I'd rather go to Test your might.

Actually, after noticing the "I can DQ you whenever I want" clause, I think I'd rather go to Test your might.
if thats what you perceive it to be thats fine, but thats not what it is saying it like that would make it seem like that but seeing as how no one has ever clearly defined "stalling" and what its limitations are id rather assume to leave it up to a TO or Co-TO to decide at that point, would you rather have a ledge grab limit and no scrooging rule then?

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Not to be an ***, but rules are strict Kel and as a high-end player, you should respect said things, and it's not like you have anything to worry about, do you? (including with house/venue rules). Rules are rules and basically everything there is the same as any tournament. NO ONE should complain about rules, unless they have something to worry about or know they are going to break said rule and if they do, run your own **** tournament.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
"I can DQ you whenever I want" is an extremely and dangerously vague rule though.
If it's put in place to prevent stalling and scrooging it definitely needs to be more clearly refined than "I can DQ you whenever I want."

Kel

Smash Master
no one has ever clearly defined "stalling" and what its limitations are id rather assume to leave it up to a TO or Co-TO to decide at that point, would you rather have a ledge grab limit and no scrooging rule then?
That's because most forms of stalling are banned already, such as an IC player chain grabbing someone past 300%. There is a specific clause after the "stalling is banned" header that states "running away to gain a better position is not stalling". I'm sorry, I just don't feel like traveling to a tournament where it clearly states in the rules that you can have your friends win whenever you deem it necessary. I mean, people rooted against me in POOLS as if it were grand finals last time. I can only imagine what would happen if you had the power to DQ me this time.
I'd rather go to TYM, where people earn their wins.

Not to be an ***, but rules are strict Kel and as a high-end player, you should respect said things, and it's not like you have anything to worry about, do you? (including with house/venue rules). Rules are rules and basically everything there is the same as any tournament. NO ONE should complain about rules, unless they have something to worry about or know they are going to break said rule and if they do, run your own **** tournament.
I'm talking about this clause in the rules
* Stalling is banned, this is determined under MY discrestion and is not limited to running away, and im harsh, so if you think its "not stalling" you might think again, sorry to be a douche about this but i aint havin no BS.
I'm not talking about not being allowed into certain rooms. I completely 200% respect ANY and all house rules laid down by Vamp and his parents. I'm very thankful that he and his parents have opened up their home to a bunch of strangers.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I mean, people rooted against me in POOLS as if it were grand finals last time. I can only imagine what would happen if you had the power to DQ me this time.
I'd rather go to TYM, where people earn their wins.
It was a good match. Ook was fancy as hell. I Wasn't hype for the match because it was going to decide who would get what seed or whatever, there was, in my mind, nothing different in it from a normal bracket match, so I don't see why it being a pools match changes anything. It was a good set between two good players. I rooted for the under dog. It was nothing against you and nothing caused by personal feelings (other than Renegade's hatred towards meta knight). I had absolutely no problem with you before this tournament or during the day until you snapped at me downstairs.

As for the rule, if you see it as a "We Can DQ You At Any Time" rule that he's setting in place so you can't win, that's fine. I'm assuming you would plan to use a tactic that he would find banworthy, but maybe not. Not that I'm saying that I would find it ban worthy, but I'm going to respect his rules. I do not like rules against Ledge Camping, Air Camping, etc, however if he, the Tournament Organizer, wants to set those rules in place, that's perfectly fine. Just because I don't like the rules doesn't mean I'm going to come in here, mock his rule, and accuse him of setting them in place to "have your friends win whenever you deem it necessary".

Anyways, this conversation should drop. On another note, vamp, it's likely I won't be able to make this :( I'll see what I can do and I'll let you know more info later.

Kel

Smash Master
*sigh* Hilt you had nothing to do with this. I never told him to change the rules. I just changed my mind about attending because of them. Stop looking for reasons to bring stuff up with me. If you want to talk to me, you have my AIM.

I could post a wall of text about why a ledge grab limit is the worst idea ever, but I'm sure this community doesn't give a **** about logic.

Top Bottom