• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UTrick'd2, OVER! Mafia wins!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Still don't like Soup
and don't like Gorf
Meadow leans town/scum atm

Someone needs to explain why Acro is scum in terms I can relate with cuz Ryker I can see what you're saying definitely but I don't feel it yet so I'm gonna read more into Acro.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I see what you're seeing Ryker, but on the other hand, I've talked with Acro so often. He over thinks things massively and stuff like this happens.

Yeah I wanna see more from Acro. This Soupa stuff isn't enough to convince me. unvote, vote: Acro til I can stop second guessing him

Hey Inferno, what do you think about Acro? Can you analyze some posts for me? Make an Inferno-post.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I will do my best to explain my thought process repeatedly and in as many ways as possible until you are satisfied:

Fine and good. If that's all it was, I would leave you alone, but you yourself said that you think it was a discrepancy caused by a divide between his excitement and his role.
If you mean role as in flavor, then yes.

Ryker said:
The problem is that any townie understands and first thinks, "Yeah, or it could be that he came in with the intention of setting up a fake claim to refer back to later and he ****ed up just the same."
Soupamario stated that he was under a restriction. The first thought that came to mind was Red Ryu in Poke mafia where he was Charizard and forced to type in red. I will concede that if I didn't know Soupamario, I would have probably interpreted his answer differently. I would agree that I jumped to a conclusion based on past meta I have with Soupamario.

I did not believe he was fake claiming/setting up an alibi for confirmation phase. That could be in part to me being naive, but he wasn't crumbing information in the way that town|scum would do in order for town to look back and analyze. He was excited about this game starting... for six hours. From an objective approach there is merit that six hours is an awkward stretch of time for someone to retain interest. It could have been a charade or it could be the truth. Factoring in his change in gameplay that meadowsizzle pointed out, I was inclined to think that there was a charade between excited confirmation Soupa and drab armchair critic Soupa. I believed that one side was a "fake." Soupamario indicated his flavor, and the explanation justified the discrepancy that I was looking at from both sides. In my mind, he was excited because he liked his role. He was laidback because he was role playing the flavor he received, which he initially liked in confirmation phase.

I do not believe he ****ed up: Soupamario made a conscientious decision on how he decided to approach the game. This is noted by him being rather blatant with his "new attitude" that he did not deny. When mistakes are made, people backpedal, list excuses, and have generally shifty or questionable behavior. None of these traits were characterized by Soupamario, especially when it was noted by Meadowsizzle that such behavior wasn't typical of his slot.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Ryker said:
What about this is scummy?
The basis for the pressure case, as with most things stemmed from RVS is reaching and needed to time to develop by pressuring Soup. In particular, I wanted to look into Soupamario after Meadowsizzle noted that from prior experience, he had a level of familiarity with Soup and would potentially be able to assign an alignment read on him early into the game. During RVS, Meadow put a vote on Soupa indicating interest that he would be examining the slot. After Meadow's vote, Soupamario shortly donned his relaxed RVS persona. I considered that he was trying to obscure a read by intentionally deviating from whatever his traditional Soupamario style play would be and wanted to see if the possibility, albeit low, had actual significance. Another push factor for me to pressure Soupamario was what I construed as him buddying Kantrip, when Kantrip was getting barraged by pressure from others. In lieu of these two factors, I wanted to push on Soupa.

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
Hi kids, catching up.

He started by taking it a bit easy. Nothing major. Tell me what you think of Gorf.

@Gorf - Opinion on Meadow please.
Why is every post you make a general summary of **** either the player has said or others have said of them? Why are the questions you're asking for the sake of connections and nothing more? I know you're a bit more new to this but you were better than this in UPickemon.

Those quotes are a horrible butchering of my grammar, but eh.

That answer was reasonable, Soup.

Unvote

-sigh-

This happens to me every game. I'll stop posting now.
I don't like how you're pulling the whole "I'm wrong, so I'mma go" card but you admit you're wrong and rather than fight the losing battle, you step off and decease rather than continue to push a fruitless case. It wasn't exactly a messy step off either.

@Inferno: Coming from New Jersey, are you a Jew by any chance? I know that there is a strong Jewish community generally around the East Coast. I personally have some level of interest in orthodox Jews, reformed Jews not so much. Mazeltov.

@Werekill: I'm curious, why do you think that D1 has less importance than other days in a mafia game. Would you kindly give me some of your reasons?

@Meadowsizzle: Is everything okay? :l

Because if this is a joke, I don't get it. And is there any particular reason why you feel embarrassed? Is one of you going to go missing? :l

@Kantrip: The results of my random.org searches are top-secret and not for pedestrian knowledge at the moment. After all, if I told you my results, my mission would be jeopardized and I would have to hang up my super secret agent tuxedo.
What is the point.

Of any of this.

Vote: Soupamario

During RVS|Confirmation phase, Soupamario's tone in the following posts: #32 and #60 indicate that he has a sustained interest in this game for a duration of half a day. He even points out the fourth letter rule in order to speed the process through confirmation in order to have the game start. This "enthusiasm" doesn't last however, as we witness him taking on a very different tone three hours into D1:

Soupamario was as stoked about this game as Asdioh was to Skyrim. Soupamario made a conscientious decision within RVS to change how he decided to approach the game. Based on the information presented, I am under the impression that his reason is underlied by scum intent.

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaach.

Actually, it's just a restriction, though if i'm going to be accused for something as little as how i acted before game, i might as well out i have one, because that's a pretty chill thing to do. :cool:
what

oh gogdammit soup not this **** again

Soupamario didn't hard claim and I would prefer if he did not, I want to see what will come of it.

Unvote: Soupamario

Soupamario's flavor hint to my pressure vote was townie.
wait what the ****

unvote vote: Acrostic

How is soft-claiming a flavor in a game where flavor means jack **** townie? At all? What was the point of that gigantic pressure, especially if you came off it at the drop of a hat? It's so damn wishy-washy and I don't like it at all. Especially because you gained information out of it that I don't really think I like you having right now.

I am twelve and what is this?

Unvote Vote Acrostic
I like you.

Given my opening case against Soupamario, he decided to refute it by revealing his flavor. Even though both town and mafia would be wary of divulging such information, when it comes to revealing such information town has a tendency to crumb and reveal it gradually in order to cement their claim later on in the day. Scum usually don't concern themselves with establishing an alibi as they may need to be flexible with their flavor and claim in case they find themselves in a pinch. From my experience, scum tends to be more reserved with regards to outing personal information and wouldn't react in the manner that Soupamario did in the sense that he soft claimed to me in order to explain the contradiction between confirmation and RVS. I found my exchange with Soupamario to be more indicative of a town reaction as he forfeited his ability to wiggle out at a later point in this game.
Do you know what a fakeclaim is? Like, seriously, what makes you think any of this? You have to have played enough games with Ryker and I to know that scum do have a tendency to fakeclaim. Soup's also not exempt from this (I still remember your PGO claim in TTGL, kid), he just tends to suck at it. This isn't to say he's still just as terrible at it now, just that he has done it. I wouldn't know if he's improved or not.

You're backpedaling so damn hard. You found something that you didn't particularly like (that was a reach in the first place), and the second you were refuted with something as unprovable as a flavor soft-claim, you backed off and have been backpedaling ever since.

Incapability is altogether a different matter from implausibility. It is true that anyone can lie and feign emotion, but whether someone is likely to lie in a given situation is another matter entirely. The notion that Soupamario intentionally faked a discrepancy in behavior in order to fake a flavor is something that strikes me as frankly being convoluted and unlikely. I apologize, but I don't play mafia in terms of absolutes. I find unlikely conclusions, weigh them, and then move on from there. Yes, Soupamario could have faked the circumstances behind his claim. But personally? It's either one hell of a good lie or it's the truth. And my conclusion was that it was the latter.

He went from hot to cold. Factoring in his flavor claim, the conscientious decision factors in, which would be his behavioral shift was out of his interest to role play his flavor.

Ryker, I was satisfied with his response. It made sense assuming that I am not mistaken on his flavor. Most of the other material I would question him with centered around the discrepancy which I no longer had a problem with and had no more reason to press him on.

Disagreed. I felt that Soupa's reaction was a town tell. Yes he could have been lying, however I didn't interpret his actions as such. I assumed he was telling the truth and found how he shared his claim to be town telling. If you disagree then that's honestly a ****ing shame. I don't know how your disagreement over my analysis on Soupa has led you to conclude that I'm scum. You're seriously reaching big time on someone who tried to take this game out of RVS.
I skimmed this, thought "what was the point of this," went back, read it fully, and still couldn't find the answer. Agreed with Ryker's response to all of this. Instead of admitting your case was **** and you were wrong, you feebly tried to justify it and lead people in circular arguments while ignoring the core points.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Ryker said:
Nothing said after your accusation should have caused you to assume he was telling the truth and take that null tell as a town tell. The only reason you would have to think he wasn't scum anymore would be to realize that you were wrong initially. I also gave you multiple chances to say that and you've instead backed this bull****.
I was wrong initially with my presumption that he could potentially be scum. I did apply pressure on Soupamario in order to build content and to get out of RVS. These factors aren't exclusive to me being interested in why Soupa did what he did. My initial suspicious were a stretch. However that doesn't mean that they lacked justification. I don't have a strong case and frankly, case-making has never been my personal forte. The purpose of me making the case was to look into Soupamario's intent, I received the answer I was looking for and then backed off respectively. I assumed that you were questioning me in order to find out what my intent was in order for pressuring Soupamario. I told you why I was interested in Soupamario, you're telling me I should have prescribed to Kantrip.

My justification is logical. If you disagree with my reasons, then I admit it is a boon as I will not be able to convince you in the future. However, I wanted to look into Soupamario.

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
To add to what I just posted:
Kantrip looks townier now that the pressure's off of him. I'm not sure what I make of it but he's actually been really open with his information and views, he just needed an opportunity that I don't think he got initially or found initially. Either or.

Brosuke needs to step off the sidelines and not be so tentative.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The basis for the pressure case, as with most things stemmed from RVS is reaching and needed to time to develop by pressuring Soup. In particular, I wanted to look into Soupamario after Meadowsizzle noted that from prior experience, he had a level of familiarity with Soup and would potentially be able to assign an alignment read on him early into the game. During RVS, Meadow put a vote on Soupa indicating interest that he would be examining the slot. After Meadow's vote, Soupamario shortly donned his relaxed RVS persona. I considered that he was trying to obscure a read by intentionally deviating from whatever his traditional Soupamario style play would be and wanted to see if the possibility, albeit low, had actual significance. Another push factor for me to pressure Soupamario was what I construed as him buddying Kantrip, when Kantrip was getting barraged by pressure from others. In lieu of these two factors, I wanted to push on Soupa.
I was wrong initially with my presumption that he could potentially be scum. I did apply pressure on Soupamario in order to build content and to get out of RVS. These factors aren't exclusive to me being interested in why Soupa did what he did. My initial suspicious were a stretch. However that doesn't mean that they lacked justification. I don't have a strong case and frankly, case-making has never been my personal forte. The purpose of me making the case was to look into Soupamario's intent, I received the answer I was looking for and then backed off respectively. I assumed that you were questioning me in order to find out what my intent was in order for pressuring Soupamario. I told you why I was interested in Soupamario, you're telling me I should have prescribed to Kantrip.

My justification is logical. If you disagree with my reasons, then I admit it is a boon as I will not be able to convince you in the future. However, I wanted to look into Soupamario.
This is you trying to give me what I asked for AFTER I told you the deadline has expired.

The milk is sour now.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
So i started reading the ryker v acro stuff. I dont know how i really feel about em from what i read but it looks like just ughugh back and forth. Is there more to it than acro having bad reason for a soup vote and rykers fairly odd parents schpeel?

K back to reading.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So i started reading the ryker v acro stuff. I dont know how i really feel about em from what i read but it looks like just ughugh back and forth. Is there more to it than acro having bad reason for a soup vote and rykers fairly odd parents schpeel?

K back to reading.
Read it, you *******. There's four Acro votes at the moment, so you need to know what's up.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Do you know what a fakeclaim is? Like, seriously, what makes you think any of this? You have to have played enough games with Ryker and I to know that scum do have a tendency to fakeclaim. Soup's also not exempt from this (I still remember your PGO claim in TTGL, kid), he just tends to suck at it. This isn't to say he's still just as terrible at it now, just that he has done it. I wouldn't know if he's improved or not.
We don't even know if scum have fakeclaims or if flavor will even be recognizably scum. The scum will have the entire world of their imagination open for them to claim something, or they could probably claim to be whatever it is they are, but town. I mean, wasn't my hat scum one time?

#HBC | Gorf

I cant read acro posts right now theyre seriously giving me a headache.

I can say that i remember his opening post was balls, and in such a different way than kantrips. Like, you didnt even address anything of relevance, and CLEARLY read through. And the vote on soup, like... No words... unvote for now, ill vote when i read the acro v ryker schpeel.

Brosuke is pretty aight, i just wish he was moreof the controling type. It really gets me cringing from attraction when Brosuke takes the control in the relationship.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Might be v/la all day, sorry bros. :cool:

and actually meadow, i'm forced to use my restriction, if i break it that would mean big consequences, i'll be back later to comment on all this jibber-jabber sometime when i get back.
chao. :cool:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
To add to what I just posted:
Kantrip looks townier now that the pressure's off of him. I'm not sure what I make of it but he's actually been really open with his information and views, he just needed an opportunity that I don't think he got initially or found initially. Either or.

Brosuke needs to step off the sidelines and not be so tentative.
You're accusing me of being tentative
maybe in regards to Acro but besides that no
and I have reasons to be uncertain of Acro, did you even read all my posts?

Besides that your lack of content with regards to your attitude is off-balance. Stop hiding behind half-fluff and do something.

Either way I still want more from Acro so my vote remains

Meadow whaddya want from me and be less hyperbolic this time plz :urg::urg::urg::urg::urg:

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
You're accusing me of being tentative
maybe in regards to Acro but besides that no
and I have reasons to be uncertain of Acro, did you even read all my posts?
That's exactly what I was referring to and you sounded so wishy-washy when you made it that it inspired my quip. I get your reasons for it but in your second-guessing of Acro, you second-guessed yourself a lot and it came off as tentative.

Besides that your lack of content with regards to your attitude is off-balance. Stop hiding behind half-fluff and do something.
What do you expect me to do? The only voices we've prominently heard are from Kantrip, Acrostic, myself, Gorf, Soup, and Ryker (you're getting there), all of whom I've discussed to some extent. There have been a couple of minor voices in there and I've generally made comments on the ones I care enough to comment on.

Either way I still want more from Acro so my vote remains

Meadow whaddya want from me and be less hyperbolic this time plz :urg::urg::urg::urg::urg:
Just be more sure of yourself. Also explain your dislike of Gorf, I'm not particularly seeing it.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
@Brosuke - Acro isn't scum atm. Ryker is just pressuring people over really unimportant things to get information and his case isn't solid. I wouldn't trust your read on Ryker atm. I don't know if Ryker always does this, but I played in a game with him where he was town and when he was scum. His D1 play was night and day. This reminds me of when he was scum.

@Meadow - Why you no be patient? The only people who really posted things worth content last night were Soup, Kantrip, you and Gorf. I wasn't gonna ask someone for their opinion on someone who has no content to go off of.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm not going to be sure of a read that I know I can't depend on.
Thus my cry for more information from Acro which I haven't gotten yet (and greatly annoys me there)

On Gorf, lemme read some posts and pinpoint exactly what I dislike about him

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Dude I hydra'd with Ryker often enough to depend on my read of him 100% I don't need you for that

You're my Acro reader. Give me some Acro analysis.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So Gorf seems like he was attacking Kantrip without hunting at all. More of a "yo i did something" setup to fall back on later.

I noticed that both of your questions to me were almost directly alluding to me namedropping... which is weird to me. In fact, your questions to the more experienced players almost seem too casual and almost sychophantic...
There was no scum intent behind them though. [implying implications][offbeat post]

Oh my god don't be this all game.
What? Don't be town? [worst callout ever] [offbeat post]

OH MY GOD UNVOTE VOTE KANTRIP.

I honestly think you are a part of an anti town faction. And I think anybody should think this at this point..
Nope. Never thought so. [speak for yourself]

I would call out reaching, but Werekill and Meadz already beat me to the punch.
Yeah cool. [offbeat post]

Look, I have no meta on him, but I do have a feel for what kinda play he pulls off. He just doesn't sit well with me. The Kantrip push was largely unwarranted for and while I can see the whole get out of RVS excuse I don't like the way he brings forward his points.
A lot of the things he posts are just offbeat. There's nothing concrete I have on him, I just don't read a town intent from whatever the f he does.

dat RVS tho

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I believe the flavor crumb from soup says to me that he is of the same alignment as Acro. Currently I have soup as town and I have no problem putting Acro as town atm.

Because you JUST gave Soup a pass on it. I know I'm faking Crocker on this game working under the assumption that you will think if I'm scum that I would choose a more obviously town flavor and wouldn't be shoving this questionable alignment down your throat with the back-up plan of claiming indy if everything hits the ****ter.
Wtf is this?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Also Gorf why did you even answer that question about vigging the way you did
If you don't have a scumread by the end of a day you suck and I know people think you don't suck so I dunno lol

[offbeat post]

#HBC | Gorf

Arbitrary question, arbitrary answer. At that point I had no intentions of nailing him as scum, it came across as a noob tryna spark up discussion. But I didn't like it. Wanna look back at that post where I summed up what I didn't like about Kantrip and tell me where I'm wrong?

K reading the Ryker v Acro page.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm not gonna start a thing with you cuz my dislike of you is based on gut pretty much. You can be as right as God himself but idc when you give me bad vibes

#HBC | Gorf

@Inferno: Coming from New Jersey, are you a Jew by any chance? I know that there is a strong Jewish community generally around the East Coast. I personally have some level of interest in orthodox Jews, reformed Jews not so much. Mazeltov.

@Werekill: I'm curious, why do you think that D1 has less importance than other days in a mafia game. Would you kindly give me some of your reasons?

@Meadowsizzle: Is everything okay? :l

Because if this is a joke, I don't get it. And is there any particular reason why you feel embarrassed? Is one of you going to go missing? :l

@Kantrip: The results of my random.org searches are top-secret and not for pedestrian knowledge at the moment. After all, if I told you my results, my mission would be jeopardized and I would have to hang up my super secret agent tuxedo.
So much nothing in such a big post.

Acro said:
Vote: Soupamario

During RVS|Confirmation phase, Soupamario's tone in the following posts: #32 and #60 indicate that he has a sustained interest in this game for a duration of half a day. He even points out the fourth letter rule in order to speed the process through confirmation in order to have the game start. This "enthusiasm" doesn't last however, as we witness him taking on a very different tone three hours into D1:

Soupamario was as stoked about this game as Asdioh was to Skyrim. Soupamario made a conscientious decision within RVS to change how he decided to approach the game. Based on the information presented, I am under the impression that his reason is underlied by scum intent.
The reasoning here is just so incredibly unjustified... You think he's scum under reasoning of tone? Everything about this post is awful, but I digress... Seeing as how this could be old news... @Acro do you still honestly stand by a soup scum read cuz of this?

#HBC | Gorf

Acro said:
Soupa, I knew your flavor by the time I finished reading your initial post. I don't like the fact that my pressure case was refuted by a flavor claim. However the flavor claim addresses the discrepancy perfectly and you prevented me from pushing you further on your contradiction. Right now, I'm debating why you felt obligated to flavor claim so early instead of allowing me to flush out reads. Being open with your flavor strikes me on the surface as being a town tell due to commitment stupidity. However, flavor alone is a poor substitution for an alignment read.

Top Bottom