• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UTrick'd2, OVER! Mafia wins!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
And then Ryker was an easy read for the rest of the game.
i'm out good night dudes :cool:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Man, I sure wish Acrostic responded instead of deflecting.
Given my opening case against Soupamario, he decided to refute it by revealing his flavor. Even though both town and mafia would be wary of divulging such information, when it comes to revealing such information town has a tendency to crumb and reveal it gradually in order to cement their claim later on in the day. Scum usually don't concern themselves with establishing an alibi as they may need to be flexible with their flavor and claim in case they find themselves in a pinch. From my experience, scum tends to be more reserved with regards to outing personal information and wouldn't react in the manner that Soupamario did in the sense that he soft claimed to me in order to explain the contradiction between confirmation and RVS. I found my exchange with Soupamario to be more indicative of a town reaction as he forfeited his ability to wiggle out at a later point in this game.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
  • If Soupamario claims a flavor other than the one he soft claimed, then he's scum.
  • If Soupamario claims the flavor he soft claimed, however has contradictory abilities, then he's highly suspect.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's usually not too hard to find a claim that works when you need one to fit with your flavour. I don't really get what you're picking up on, but I don't think it would be hard to fit whatever role he might need to if it were to come down to it.

Your first point is useless because no one would do that with the knowledge that another player picked up on their soft claim.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Given my opening case against Soupamario, he decided to refute it by revealing his flavor. Even though both town and mafia would be wary of divulging such information, when it comes to revealing such information town has a tendency to crumb and reveal it gradually in order to cement their claim later on in the day. Scum usually don't concern themselves with establishing an alibi as they may need to be flexible with their flavor and claim in case they find themselves in a pinch. From my experience, scum tends to be more reserved with regards to outing personal information and wouldn't react in the manner that Soupamario did in the sense that he soft claimed to me in order to explain the contradiction between confirmation and RVS. I found my exchange with Soupamario to be more indicative of a town reaction as he forfeited his ability to wiggle out at a later point in this game.
Oh wow.

Soft claiming FLAVOUR leaves scum no room to wiggle when they need to claim later in the game?
I hope that's sarcasm.

• If Soupamario claims a flavor other than the one he soft claimed, then he's scum.
  • If Soupamario claims the flavor he soft claimed, however has contradictory abilities, then he's highly suspect.
No, no he isn't. And that's why you're scum.
Sure, I guess, but so is anyone.

I could say right now that I'm not Crocker and I am instead Trixie Tang, Town Pretty Princess. I would claim that I had put my "flavor" out there simply as a red herring so that I wouldn't be night killed because god knows that Crocker isn't going to be a cop or a doc, much less a princess. You know what you would do about it? Jack ****. I would have a perfectly plausible explanation and am town.

You know what? I could be Gaston, the manliest scum ever, and be faking Crocker completely. I have to act superior to everyone in the game, but that doesn't mean I can't post all caps messages about Fairy God Parents every few posts. You know what? You would never guess it AND I could change my claim to Trixie Tang, Town Pretty Princess, or anything else I can imagine so long as I make it believable. You know what you'll do about it? Jack ****.

No, what you're proposing has absolutely no bearing on Soup's alignment because, as scum, he could be hinting flavor to make you say he wouldn't hint at his flavor. You know that, I know that. It's common sense. No, you know he's town, as only scum or a mason partner would. Masons have no reason to act like that, so we throw out that possibility.

You're scum. You're looking to put Soup on your town list so you can get the credit for it and to help manipulate him because God knows he's obstinate when he's on anyone's scum list except mine or Kuz's. You want to keep him on your little list of townies until you can safely do away with him because he's an easy as balls mislynch to push at any point in the game and he doesn't enough **** that you can 180 off of him blamelessly.

****'s not rocket science. Go die forever.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ryker, what do you mean you hope it's sarcasm? I was asking acrostic if that's really what he meant, because it's absurd.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Do you agree with what I said though?

V/LA tomorrow and maybe Sunday.

Will probably make a few posts from a phone.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What you said about flavour and role correlations and how easy it is to fake them as scum? Yes.

Having Acrostic scum as a result? Possibly, but I'm not sold on it quite yet.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Good man.

What do you think of Laundry's (the active half of Meadowsizzle that will leave Stew all alone before the game ends) grab for control of the thread?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
No, no he isn't. And that's why you're scum. Sure, I guess, but so is anyone. I could say right now that I'm not Crocker and I am instead Trixie Tang, Town Pretty Princess. I would claim that I had put my "flavor" out there simply as a red herring so that I wouldn't be night killed because god knows that Crocker isn't going to be a cop or a doc, much less a princess. You know what you would do about it? Jack ****. I would have a perfectly plausible explanation and am town.
You're right. Soupamario would be able to shed off flavor expendable, if it wasn't for meta-information that you should be aware of, but refuse to take into consideration of your FoS. Theoretically your role is out there as far as I know, and I'm not attempting to play guessing games with regards to your flavor. However, I was led to the assumption that Soupamario's excitement was explicitly related to his personal interest and that coupled along with his "cool" phrases led me to the single conclusion that he has to be [redacted].

There remains the possibility that he could be lying with regards to his own flavor, however his supposed "lie" fit in my initial fos on his contradictive behavior perfectly that I assumed he was telling the truth. There are very few feigned flavors that can be used to explain a behavioral contradiction given the circumstances.

Ryker said:
No, what you're proposing has absolutely no bearing on Soup's alignment because, as scum, he could be hinting flavor to make you say he wouldn't hint at his flavor.
I don't see a reason as to why scum would reveal their flavor so early into the game. Especially as the consequence of an early pressure vote. If you're trying to reduce my assumptions to wifom, there are certain trends in behavior. Personally speaking I've never seen scum claim flavor openly and as an answer to a pressure vote. Out of all the possible responses to give, outing personal information within a pm is something that I do not attribute to being a common scum tell.

Ryker said:
You know that, I know that. It's common sense. No, you know he's town, as only scum or a mason partner would. Masons have no reason to act like that, so we throw out that possibility. You're scum. You're looking to put Soup on your town list so you can get the credit for it and to help manipulate him because God knows he's obstinate when he's on anyone's scum list except mine or Kuz's. You want to keep him on your little list of townies until you can safely do away with him because he's an easy as balls mislynch to push at any point in the game and he doesn't enough **** that you can 180 off of him blamelessly.
I don't need Soupa to be my buddy in order to find his post townie. Hell, he could lynch me and my read would still remain. I made a case against Soupa to read his intent, I got a response. I digested the response and came to the conclusion that it was a townie response. If you have a town read on Soupamario then share your justification on it. However your case on me is reaching and laced with commentary that ignores pertinence to actual reads given the players present.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I could tell it was Laundry just by how harsh he was.

That was my first impression really: He's quite blunt. I'm not sure what to make of his appeal to authority, because while he's hopping right up into the spotlight, he's doing it for the purpose of poking jabs at people and he hasn't actually gotten his hands dirty.

Acrostic if I claimed my flavour right now would you have a town read on me?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
It's usually not too hard to find a claim that works when you need one to fit with your flavour. I don't really get what you're picking up on, but I don't think it would be hard to fit whatever role he might need to if it were to come down to it. Your first point is useless because no one would do that with the knowledge that another player picked up on their soft claim.
Point taken. The two bullet points on stand alone are open to a number of fallacies that I didn't account for when it comes to an objective approach of the situation. I will also admit that I assumed that Soupa's role would have unique abilities connected with respect to his own role.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yes! With this, I will be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Timmy Turner does indeed have

!!!!!FAIRY GOD PARENTS!!!!!

You're right. Soupamario would be able to shed off flavor expendable, if it wasn't for meta-information that you should be aware of, but refuse to take into consideration of your FoS. Theoretically your role is out there as far as I know, and I'm not attempting to play guessing games with regards to your flavor. However, I was led to the assumption that Soupamario's excitement was explicitly related to his personal interest and that coupled along with his "cool" phrases led me to the single conclusion that he has to be [redacted].
Bull and ****. There is no meta information that could lead me to believe Soup, of all people, is incapable of faking a flavor.

There remains the possibility that he could be lying with regards to his own flavor, however his supposed "lie" fit in my initial fos on his contradictive behavior perfectly that I assumed he was telling the truth. There are very few feigned flavors that can be used to explain a behavioral contradiction given the circumstances.
Unless Soup decided that he wanted to fake a flavor prior to the start of the game and his excitement got in the way. None of Soup's actions have been worthy of putting him in hot water to date.

I don't see a reason as to why scum would reveal their flavor so early into the game. Especially as the consequence of an early pressure vote. If you're trying to reduce my assumptions to wifom, there are certain trends in behavior. Personally speaking I've never seen scum claim flavor openly and as an answer to a pressure vote. Out of all the possible responses to give, outing personal information within a pm is something that I do not attribute to being a common scum tell.
Because you JUST gave Soup a pass on it. I know I'm faking Crocker on this game working under the assumption that you will think if I'm scum that I would choose a more obviously town flavor and wouldn't be shoving this questionable alignment down your throat with the back-up plan of claiming indy if everything hits the ****ter.

I don't need Soupa to be my buddy in order to find his post townie. Hell, he could lynch me and my read would still remain. I made a case against Soupa to read his intent, I got a response. I digested the response and came to the conclusion that it was a townie response. If you have a town read on Soupamario then share your justification on it. However your case on me is reaching and laced with commentary that ignores pertinence to actual reads given the players present.
Nope, you don't need to have Soup as a buddy to find his post townie. But if you were town, you wouldn't find it townie, so that means you are scum and my analysis is correct. The post has to either be a townie tell or be understandably mistaken as one. This is neither.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I could tell it was Laundry just by how harsh he was.

That was my first impression really: He's quite blunt. I'm not sure what to make of his appeal to authority, because while he's hopping right up into the spotlight, he's doing it for the purpose of poking jabs at people and he hasn't actually gotten his hands dirty.

Acrostic if I claimed my flavour right now would you have a town read on me?
He likes playing mediator and not actually doing anything as scum. He's gotten better than that as town. Not a scum read yet by any means.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No, because there is no context behind your claim and no reads for me to verify it.
Kantrip has provided you with much more to base a read off than Soup has. Soup has not provided you any context to his claim that he did not create himself.

Kantrip

Kantplay
No, I will need to see more from Meadowsizzle for sure, that was just my observation, though as I said, I'm not sure what to make of it yet. Null for now.

So Acrostic, the reason Soup's sudden flavour claim is townie is because he did it in response to someone voting him?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Bull and ****. There is no meta information that could lead me to believe Soup, of all people, is incapable of faking a flavor.
Incapability is altogether a different matter from implausibility. It is true that anyone can lie and feign emotion, but whether someone is likely to lie in a given situation is another matter entirely. The notion that Soupamario intentionally faked a discrepancy in behavior in order to fake a flavor is something that strikes me as frankly being convoluted and unlikely. I apologize, but I don't play mafia in terms of absolutes. I find unlikely conclusions, weigh them, and then move on from there. Yes, Soupamario could have faked the circumstances behind his claim. But personally? It's either one hell of a good lie or it's the truth. And my conclusion was that it was the latter.

Ryker said:
Unless Soup decided that he wanted to fake a flavor prior to the start of the game and his excitement got in the way. None of Soup's actions have been worthy of putting him in hot water to date.
He went from hot to cold. Factoring in his flavor claim, the conscientious decision factors in, which would be his behavioral shift was out of his interest to role play his flavor.

Ryker said:
Because you JUST gave Soup a pass on it. I know I'm faking Crocker on this game working under the assumption that you will think if I'm scum that I would choose a more obviously town flavor and wouldn't be shoving this questionable alignment down your throat with the back-up plan of claiming indy if everything hits the ****ter.
Ryker, I was satisfied with his response. It made sense assuming that I am not mistaken on his flavor. Most of the other material I would question him with centered around the discrepancy which I no longer had a problem with and had no more reason to press him on.

Ryker said:
Nope, you don't need to have Soup as a buddy to find his post townie. But if you were town, you wouldn't find it townie, so that means you are scum and my analysis is correct. The post has to either be a townie tell or be understandably mistaken as one. This is neither.
Disagreed. I felt that Soupa's reaction was a town tell. Yes he could have been lying, however I didn't interpret his actions as such. I assumed he was telling the truth and found how he shared his claim to be town telling. If you disagree then that's honestly a ****ing shame. I don't know how your disagreement over my analysis on Soupa has led you to conclude that I'm scum. You're seriously reaching big time on someone who tried to take this game out of RVS.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Kantrip has provided you with much more to base a read off than Soup has. Soup has not provided you any context to his claim that he did not create himself.
I pressured Soup, not Kantrip. I was interested in getting an early read on Soup, not Kantrip. Based on the content I looked at, I saw an early discrepancy from Soup. I noticed nothing particular about Kantrip in my initial skim through the thread.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
So Acrostic, the reason Soup's sudden flavour claim is townie is because he did it in response to someone voting him?
First of all, I don't believe it is null to tell someone else your flavor. Second of all, I don't believe it is null to do it early D1 when there is no compulsion or pressure to force someone to out their flavor. Third of all, I received a satisfiable answer to something I genuinely wanted to look into as a fos. The fact that his response covered the question well pushed me towards the belief that he was telling the truth. The manner in which he appealed to me, he did so with interest on what my thoughts were on his slot despite me attempting to pressure him. That's more or less it tbqh.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Incapability is altogether a different matter from implausibility. It is true that anyone can lie and feign emotion, but whether someone is likely to lie in a given situation is another matter entirely. The notion that Soupamario intentionally faked a discrepancy in behavior in order to fake a flavor is something that strikes me as frankly being convoluted and unlikely. I apologize, but I don't play mafia in terms of absolutes. I find unlikely conclusions, weigh them, and then move on from there. Yes, Soupamario could have faked the circumstances behind his claim. But personally? It's either one hell of a good lie or it's the truth. And my conclusion was that it was the latter.
Fine and good. If that's all it was, I would leave you alone, but you yourself said that you think it was a discrepancy caused by a divide between his excitement and his role. The problem is that any townie understands and first thinks, "Yeah, or it could be that he came in with the intention of setting up a fake claim to refer back to later and he ****ed up just the same."

He went from hot to cold. Factoring in his flavor claim, the conscientious decision factors in, which would be his behavioral shift was out of his interest to role play his flavor.
What about this is scummy?

Ryker, I was satisfied with his response. It made sense assuming that I am not mistaken on his flavor. Most of the other material I would question him with centered around the discrepancy which I no longer had a problem with and had no more reason to press him on.
You faked an issue so you could fake a resolution. There's been no big reveal for you. Soup has done nothing scummy, but even if you legit thought he had, he hasn't done anything that would lead you to a reasonable town read.

Disagreed. I felt that Soupa's reaction was a town tell. Yes he could have been lying, however I didn't interpret his actions as such. I assumed he was telling the truth and found how he shared his claim to be town telling. If you disagree then that's honestly a ****ing shame. I don't know how your disagreement over my analysis on Soupa has led you to conclude that I'm scum. You're seriously reaching big time on someone who tried to take this game out of RVS.
Saying "Disagreed," doesn't make your opinion valid.

tl;dr

You had no reason to find him scum. No one did. You've backed that you actually thought his actions were scummy despite me giving you multiple chances to say it was just to get out of RVS.

Nothing said after your accusation should have caused you to assume he was telling the truth and take that null tell as a town tell. The only reason you would have to think he wasn't scum anymore would be to realize that you were wrong initially. I also gave you multiple chances to say that and you've instead backed this bull****.

Read my posts. I have given Acrostic MULTIPLE chances to give me an acceptable explantion for his actions (which I just admitted was possible) and he has failed to do so. Take that and add to it his AtE at the end of his latest post and vote him now. I want him at L-2 before the end of tomorrow.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I pressured Soup, not Kantrip. I was interested in getting an early read on Soup, not Kantrip. Based on the content I looked at, I saw an early discrepancy from Soup. I noticed nothing particular about Kantrip in my initial skim through the thread.
Doesn't matter. You treat them unequally with your statement that you have nothing to read Kantrip on.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Glyph, I see you viewing, talk to me.

First of all, I don't believe it is null to tell someone else your flavor. Second of all, I don't believe it is null to do it early D1 when there is no compulsion or pressure to force someone to out their flavor. Third of all, I received a satisfiable answer to something I genuinely wanted to look into as a fos. The fact that his response covered the question well pushed me towards the belief that he was telling the truth. The manner in which he appealed to me, he did so with interest on what my thoughts were on his slot despite me attempting to pressure him. That's more or less it tbqh.
Then it's scummy because claiming unprovoked gives town nothing and gives scum a shot at guessing your role.

Look, I'm saying you had no genuine reason to go after Soup at that point. Are you blind or stupid, Turner?

The fact that his response covered the question well pushes ANYONE to the belief that he knows the character he wants to claim.

What in the hell does caring what you thought about him, ESPECIALLY when you're pressuring, have to do with alignment?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ryker:
You're seriously good at this game. I'll be looking out for you massively, because having you as a solid town read would be nice.
I'll eat you up if you're scummy though. I mean, saying that I'll vig you would be sooo Ryker, but I'm not second guessing you. Slight town lean.

Soupamario:
I don't know a thing about you, but I didn't like your confirm. What do you think about hydras? Leaning Scum atm.

Werekill:
Isn't good at all from what I've seen. Is reading the rules towny or scummy? Though, name = green = town. So yeah, town read for now.

Kantrip:
Kantrip is pretty see-through from what I've seen/heard. Not somebody to lynch early on because he provides information. Also, name is green = town. Town read.

Acrostic:
I'm just gonna go ahead and refrain from reading you. I'll assign someone to do read you for me and I'll ask that person every so often... mhmmm... I'll ask Inferno :3 Non-read. Additionally, will you yourself tell me about your intentions/alignment every so often when you make posts? I don't feel like reminding you of doing so, though, so you better remember.

JO_OEY:
Seriously if you're gonna desert this game for marching band **** any more I'll vote you. Man up and make this game a good one. Who is the player you most look up to in dGames? Slight Scum Lean.

Felipe:
Nothing to say really. Your mouth is like a penor-orientated vaccuum in terms of mafia. Let's have you die soon, shall we? Scum.

Lovely Adorable Kanine:
Red Ryu's name is red yet John's name is green, what the hell, man? I can definitely see some malicious intent here. Whom of you two is better at posting? Who is the best at reading? Who is going to make the posts between you two? Indy, probably. (also role is Arcanine From PokeMafia1 doh)

Inferno:
How does it feel to be my reading guy? I'll trust you to be as town as possible, because else your reads won't help me now, would they? What's the hardest thing about mafia to you? Supertown obv.

Zeke The Moth:
Raziek is smug and town. Shadow Moth is far from smooth and shady as fkkkkk. Hoping that Raziek is going to do the bulk of the posts. Null for now, seen play that suggested both scum and town.

Meadowsizzle:
fo ma nizzle in da shizzle forizzle! Some hood *** posts this guy has. Nothing scummy tho. Whaddya think 'bout Ryker? tru Town Gangster.

Gordito:
So, I don't like this guys' play at all. At all. Scummiest of scum, and definitely where my vote is. Slot 13 isn't the most fortunate of slots, is it? Vote: Gordito.

So yeah, scumteam = between Soupamario/Jo_oey/Gordito/Felipe and if there's an indy it's Arcanine.

first

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Skimmed through, didn't like Soup, didn't like Gorf (mad RVS predictions). Thinking Ryker is misreading Acro but then again I suck at reading Acro so I'm not gonna comment for now.

Like I legitly thought Soup was scummy and just then Ryker voted him so I was like cool and then he switched to Acro and I was like oh god

Lemme do some better reading.

Top Bottom