• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UTrick'd2, OVER! Mafia wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't believe that you are seriously offended by what I said, so I won't have to apologize for it or take it back. Besides, I'm not taking back what I asked of Werekill. I'm apologizing if I offended him on a personal level. The questions still stand, but I think I got a read on him for his reaction already.

Also, yes I felt like something about my play is not and has not been working in games I've been playing recently. I guess this approach didn't really work either.

I like Gorf right now for being the first to vote me. The pro-town intentions there are pretty clear: He's never played with me and wanted to see how I reacted to the pressure of his vote. Soup and Meadow are null for it, it really only tells me something that Gorf thought to do it first.

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
Kantrip, let's talk.
a one on one feel huggy hurt feelings got dumped by a girl talk.

I really think you're starting off on the wrong foot, questions are nice and everything but if you're trying to make a statement you have to keep the pressure on, when you instantly apologized for your actions, it seemed like your were scared about how people would react to you, and that lead to a weird read on you, because it seemed like you wanted to come in with a BANG yet you fizzle sometimes.

keep your mind assertive but know what you are doing, you're tripping all over yourself which is making you scummy.
stop playing armchair mafia critic.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Kantrip said:
Yeah that's true. I wanted to address everyone in some way for a couple reasons, but I really had no idea what to say or ask some people. Then again, questions to me are less about the answer itself and more about what's behind the answer. You know what I mean?
Oh .

Kantrip

Kantplay
What I gain from the questions is reads. Be it in the form of connections to other players or just seeing how they react to the question.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
And learn to not be so brash, Mr. Ruby Brandy Meadowsizzle III.
There's nothing wrong with giving my insight on how i felt about Kantrip playing and letting him know how i felt about it, i can get reads from this, yknow.

Kantrip

Kantplay
And he can get reads from being brash, Soup.

Anyone can get reads from anything, and every person has methods that work for them.

#HBC | ѕoup

Then there was no reason for his pointless armchair comment if it was just spite.

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
There's nothing wrong with giving my insight on how i felt about Kantrip playing and letting him know how i felt about it, i can get reads from this, yknow.
It read less like a "hey this is how I read him" and more of a "hey, start playing like this and less like this" post. If that's what it was, clarify it better next time or just flat-out say "this is how I feel about him," rather than saying "hey, let's talk, you should do this rather than this because it's making you scummy."

#HBC | Gorf

Kantrip said:
I don't believe that you are seriously offended by what I said, so I won't have to apologize for it or take it back. Besides, I'm not taking back what I asked of Werekill. I'm apologizing if I offended him on a personal level. The questions still stand, but I think I got a read on him for his reaction already.

Also, yes I felt like something about my play is not and has not been working in games I've been playing recently. I guess this approach didn't really work either.

I like Gorf right now for being the first to vote me. The pro-town intentions there are pretty clear: He's never played with me and wanted to see how I reacted to the pressure of his vote. Soup and Meadow are null for it, it really only tells me something that Gorf thought to do it first.
OH MY GOD UNVOTE VOTE KANTRIP.

I honestly think you are a part of an anti town faction. And I think anybody should think this at this point.

Soup said:
...What?

Is Soup still the Soup I remember?

@Meadowsizzle... I spent a solid minute laughing at big baby licking his lips.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright, Gorf. Could you go over your case against me for others who don't see the same things you do? If you think I'm part of an anti-town faction, you have reasoning. Let's see it.

@Soup, that was a good point by Meadowsizzle and I don't like you all you had to say was "fair enough". Why were you telling me what to change about my play to look less scummy? How do you know I'm not actually scum? It seems kind of silly to tell someone what's making them look scummy so that they can change it if they are scum. Then instead of responding you say "fair enough"?

Vote: Soupamario

#HBC | ѕoup

You are a silly boy.
a very silly boy.

there was no need for other context, Meadowsizzle said what he wanted to say and we came to a solid conclusion, there was no reason to drag that point on anymore.

#HBC | ѕoup

Also, i was giving you a read and some pointers, you obviously did not listen as you're still a ticking time bomb ready to explode.

i did not say "hey, change this." i said "hey, you're all over the place, it's making you look scummy, watch it."

#HBC | Gorf

Kantrip said:
Alright, Gorf. Could you go over your case against me for others who don't see the same things you do? If you think I'm part of an anti-town faction, you have reasoning. Let's see it.
Hey Inferno, John, instead of lurking with your shirts off exposing your delicately cut arms, how do you guys think about Kantrip's play?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
@Kantrip: Fair enough. I've had a rough day, and I let that spill out on you. I apologize.

Here's the lowdown on me, for future reference, Kantrip. I tend to get emotional when I massively think someone is scum, when someone insults me (ESPECIALLY as a defence), and when I'm in real lynch danger. That's how I play, and it's how I'm gonna roll.

But yeah, you're forgiven. Next time, say something like: "Hey, try not to go so emotional at times, haha. A few times back in 'ole MM I thought that you were gonna kill everyone in sight." or something like that. The way you said it just didn't... Come across to me as nice, ya know?

Anyway, trying to form thoughts on the soupa and Kan wagons that are building.

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
He's been quoting it. non-stop. Go back and read every post where he posts "unvote vote: kantrip." it's not gogdamn rocket science.

@Soup, that was a good point by Meadowsizzle and I don't like you all you had to say was "fair enough". Why were you telling me what to change about my play to look less scummy? How do you know I'm not actually scum? It seems kind of silly to tell someone what's making them look scummy so that they can change it if they are scum. Then instead of responding you say "fair enough"?

reaching
deflection

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

I don't particularly like this. It feels like you'r reaching hard for something against Soupy.

#HBC | Gorf

Werekill your avatar makes me want to do that same thing to you.

I would call out reaching, but Werekill and Meadz already beat me to the punch.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's all well in fine, but the original action was still scummy. It was the scummiest thing I've seen all game, Soup, so my vote is on you. If that makes me a silly boy, or a ticking time bomb, or a barrel loaded with gunpowder being thrown into a herd of wild animals, then I guess I'll have to cope.

@Werekill, the reason I didn't say something jokingly like that is because I didn't want you to just write it off or anything. I did intend to get a read from your response, and I feel like I've done that (though obviously it's not a very strong read).

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
They call me Count Vote Counticus, slayer of confusion and tally taker of JUSTICE

Vote Count

Ryker [0]
Soup [1] - Kantrip
Brosuke[0]
Werekill[0]
Kantrip [3] - Gord, Soup, Meadowsizzle
Acrostic[0]
Joey[0]
Felipe[0]
LAK[0]
Inferno[0]
Zeke The Moth[1] - Inferno
Meadowsizzle[0]
Gordito [0]

Not voting: Ryker, Brosuke, Werekill, Acrostic, Joey, Felipe, LAK, Zeke The Moth

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Deadline for D1 is set at November 26th at 11:59 PM!

#HBC | ѕoup

So explain it, you have me down and pinned, your votes on me, everyone is focused on it.

show me dude

#HBC | ѕoup

off-topic, but werekill the Soupy name made me blush. *ahem* and ****.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I don't like Kantrip's play. He attempts to try and get a little information from the roster (which I liked) but as soon as WK gets angry he retreats as if he's really trying to stay off WK's bad side. His post including his vote on Soup is all sorts of unkosher. It's a really bad start out of the gate.

@WK and Kantrip - Please don't talk about MM mafia. I'm still alive in that.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip, let's talk.
a one on one feel huggy hurt feelings got dumped by a girl talk.

I really think you're starting off on the wrong foot, questions are nice and everything but if you're trying to make a statement you have to keep the pressure on, when you instantly apologized for your actions, it seemed like your were scared about how people would react to you, and that lead to a weird read on you, because it seemed like you wanted to come in with a BANG yet you fizzle sometimes.

keep your mind assertive but know what you are doing, you're tripping all over yourself which is making you scummy.
Alright. So your grasp on my intent is that you think I was trying to come in with a BANG, but I was scared of how people would react so I fizzled instead. You said I "fizzle sometimes". Does this mean you think I have done the same thing outside of this game? You then instruct me on how to look less scummy.

As a result I would assume you have a town read on me, as you wouldn't help scum to look less scummy, right?

Yet you vote me and join the wagon. What is your read on me right now?

Then when Meadowsizzle told you to stop what you were doing with the above post, you just said "fair enough". You just submitted and agreed. This tells me that you realized what you said was bad, because that's what I think Meadowsizzle was getting at. Why, then, are you getting me to explain it if you already agreed with Meadow?

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Inferno, I'm not trying to stay off of Werekill's bad side for the sake of the game. I didn't want something personal that would extend beyond the game and I feared that was what would happen.

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
Yet you vote me and join the wagon. What is your read on me right now?
Do the math.

I don't like Kantrip's play. He attempts to try and get a little information from the roster (which I liked) but as soon as WK gets angry he retreats as if he's really trying to stay off WK's bad side. His post including his vote on Soup is all sorts of unkosher. It's a really bad start out of the gate.

@WK and Kantrip - Please don't talk about MM mafia. I'm still alive in that.
Talk about Soup.

#HBC | ѕoup

Outside of game would not matter, i have no idea why you're bringing up that point.

But it's not about that, it's about you making a mess in the thread and people having to clean it up, i was concerned for the sake of the game yourself.
"but what about the read on me?"
i'm getting it right now, i'll let you know in a bit, my vote should explain it already though.
It wasn't about that, i already told there was no point of dragging that statement on, because it was a simple conversation.
"don't armchair."
"don't be blunt, i was explaining my read"
"Okay, i read it a different way, next time just say that's your read."
"Alright then."
the end.
there was no other reason to drag that on, it's called mutual agreement.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Meadow, I have done the math, and I have realized that:

Town =/= Scum

That's exactly the point I was getting at. I would like to hear the clarification directly from Soup, because there is a contradiction in the intention of the post I quoted and the intention of joining my wagon.

Also, Gorf, assume I am too dense to piece together what you're getting at with my scumminess (and for all you know I might be). Could you outline a few key points?

#HBC | ѕoup

also, i voted you before that spew of a read, your history is messed up.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You're right, your vote was on before that post of yours.

That makes it even more confusing. You were directly giving advice to someone you thought was scum.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I already did Soup. I read it and the intentions don't match up to me. Your only explanation was "it's for the thread's sake". Does that mean your advice wasn't meant to help me as a player, but you were just worried that the game would skew in a bad direction?

#HBC | ѕoup

Or just maybe i thought you were scummy and deserved a vote but could see your confusing and irrational play also being townie also but your latest plays have just been the same thing i have been seeing so i can't decide if it's scum flailing everywhere or a townie having no direction???

#HBC | ѕoup

i had some spelling errors and some words i missed, i can't edit posts nor do i want to, it was for both the threads' sake and your sake.

no, it's null leaning scum, because you're still flopping everywhere and have yet to find your motive, you literally move everytime someone says "jump."

Top Bottom