• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UTM smash casuals (Mississauga, obviously) - This week: Friday March 12

SRTM

Smash Ace
Everyone was pretty beast tonight.
Crews are fun, we should definitely do those every week.
Also, we should start playing melee, so I will probably bring that next week.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
crews were beast **** talking at its best hahaha

Also i will continue taking foosball MM's

I"M LOOKING AT U ILLIAD

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Fun times, no doubt sauga beasting, we got this shizz in the bag. Ty for the compliment Mikey, I insist on you showing me your beastlike Penguin Skillz.

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
i get no shoutoutz mikey? weak...

thanks to EVERYONE for coming, all 9 of you guys! lets see if i can remember:
me
dimmy
rice
mikey
nickcam
raidos
troll
akariss
srtm
old guy

YES win

OLDGUY, really great to have you come, especially since its your first time. keep on coming and you'll get good fast. mikey will teach you the ropes... just come to me when you need to know about glide tossing ;)

Mikey7

Smash Lord
i get no shoutoutz mikey? weak...

thanks to EVERYONE for coming, all 9 of you guys! lets see if i can remember:
me
dimmy
rice
mikey
nickcam
raidos
troll
akariss
srtm
old guy

YES win

OLDGUY, really great to have you come, especially since its your first time. keep on coming and you'll get good fast. mikey will teach you the ropes... just come to me when you need to know about glide tossing ;)
FOR SPAMMING TURNIPS!!!

but naw yeah i knew was forgetting 1 person lol -_-

Gichan

Smash Champion
I...am....thinking on going next friday....I have a bad feeling sauga casuals will make york casuals obsolete...

Mikey7

Smash Lord
had to add this one in there:

draft crews, troll whispering in my ear the whole time, i honestly did not hear a word he said lmao

Gichan

Smash Champion
Alright, Troll would you mind giving me a ride to this if I meet you at York on Friday? Cause if I have to bus it, **** that it is two hours to get there. So far I have wednesday and friday off so I may go to both but I will 100% (for now unless my gay boss calls me in for work that day) be going to this one. So yeah troll pm me what time you get off of class friday if you're willing.

Mr. TD

Smash Journeyman
Wednesday I get off class at 12:30 bro, so if it's a wednesday we'd end up just chilling at my place or something before casuals(so we'd just do the usual...each other.) And Friday I get off class at 4:30, and though I am more than willing to drive you to casuals, I'm not willing to offer you a ride back to York Area. However I could drop you off at square one if that would make getting home any faster.

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
at the moment, it's only tuesdays and fridays. whether mikey and dimmy wanna do wednesdays or not, its up to them. BUT open to ideas since wednesdays i'd actually be able to go. (not this wednesday though haha)

Gichan

Smash Champion
I need the ride for Friday, and yeah a ride to Sq1 is great, it's the Sauga transit that makes everything sooo ****ing long, jesus christ what is wrong with those routes. So yeah, I can be there for 4:30pm if that is fine with you. Looks like I may be going this fri as long as my boss doesn't pwn me.

farb

Smash Rookie
Sup all, I attend UTM 2nd year and used to be really avid on smash during melee days, and was looking for people to smash with. Never knew there were weekly casuals going on in the student center. I can for sure bring my wii + melee + some of my friends as well, if we need anymore people. When is it?

Mikey7

Smash Lord
you would need to bring a tv also because most poeple want brawl setups. like if 10 people want to play brawl and 2 or 3 want melee, the setup is going to be brawl

but yeah if you bring a tv you would have 100% chance of it being used as a setup + people would play when bored...though not many of us can play well (melee community doesnt really come out to these, i guess because theyre mostly based in toronto)

EDIT: havent talked to dimmy about this, but due to popular demand FRIDAYS seem to be the only day that works for people. SO this week its friday again

Plz post and confirm

SRTM

Smash Ace
Sup all, I attend UTM 2nd year and used to be really avid on smash during melee days, and was looking for people to smash with. Never knew there were weekly casuals going on in the student center. I can for sure bring my wii + melee + some of my friends as well, if we need anymore people. When is it?
I'm down for melee if you bring that setup.

Also, Fridays are the best day for me.

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
hehe, i'll play melee, although im pretty bad XD

anyway, i got that loader thing working, so no need for wiimote/sensorbar to load up brawl

ALTHOUGH, if you wanted to turn off textures, you'd need a wiimote. cheatmanager doesnt have GC controller support

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Lolololol at Ham's Wii hating on Wario, that made my day. Grab Jab not working and chomp failing. LOL

nickcam

Smash Ace
Lolololol at Ham's Wii hating on Wario, that made my day. Grab Jab not working and chomp failing. LOL
Bite not working is really really bad but also his moves had like weird *** hitboxes and all his aerials were hella slow lol. Thank god it wasnt a serious set cause i woulda cried lol.

Also i might throw up some mm's next casual. nothing over $2 though im not made of money or something lol. Need those ghetto big macs

farb

Smash Rookie
you would need to bring a tv also because most poeple want brawl setups. like if 10 people want to play brawl and 2 or 3 want melee, the setup is going to be brawl

but yeah if you bring a tv you would have 100% chance of it being used as a setup + people would play when bored...though not many of us can play well (melee community doesnt really come out to these, i guess because theyre mostly based in toronto)

EDIT: havent talked to dimmy about this, but due to popular demand FRIDAYS seem to be the only day that works for people. SO this week its friday again

Plz post and confirm
I'm not too sure I can make it this week. But next week I can bring my wii + melee + tv (if my friend can drive me) Can't seem to find brawl anywhere.. and I have only one gc controller, but yeah im down for any type of smash really, just preferably melee and 64

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
well if more ppl wanna come dimmy gonna hav to make double trips on the dimmy shuttlebus haha =( if we do it again this friday same meeting place at mcdonalds though i still need tofind out how to fit raidos tv in my trunk lololol

Also, oldboy are you still around? was really nice to see a fresh face i hope you didn't get discouraged for it being your first time. I mean my first time at a casual everyone ***** me to. Now i **** Mikey like hes FREE

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I need the ride for Friday, and yeah a ride to Sq1 is great, it's the Sauga transit that makes everything sooo ****ing long, jesus christ what is wrong with those routes. So yeah, I can be there for 4:30pm if that is fine with you. Looks like I may be going this fri as long as my boss doesn't pwn me.
If I could get in on this deal, that would be sweet

how much is it from sq1 to york via go bus?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Wednesday I get off class at 12:30 bro, so if it's a wednesday we'd end up just chilling at my place or something before casuals(so we'd just do the usual...each other.) And Friday I get off class at 4:30, and though I am more than willing to drive you to casuals, I'm not willing to offer you a ride back to York Area. However I could drop you off at square one if that would make getting home any faster.
I have a class from 3-4:30 The earliest I could get to york is 5:15. Would u be willing to do the usual with Gi while waiting for me and then we all go to UTM?

Mr. TD

Smash Journeyman
I have a class from 3-4:30 The earliest I could get to york is 5:15. Would u be willing to do the usual with Gi while waiting for me and then we all go to UTM?
Yeah I suppose, only thing with that is that Dimmy has to wait longer, but I suppose if he has to make two trips anyways we can just be the second, and rush hour traffic on the 401 :(... Alright well, sure... I'll wait. But I hope you understand that I'm not driving you back from sauga, just to sauga.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Yeah I suppose, only thing with that is that Dimmy has to wait longer, but I suppose if he has to make two trips anyways we can just be the second, and rush hour traffic on the 401 :(... Alright well, sure... I'll wait. But I hope you understand that I'm not driving you back from sauga, just to sauga.
understood

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
i dont remember exactly how much UTM parking costs, but its not cheap

i THINK it was like $5 an hour, which is rediculous

ill double check tomorrow

The_Oldboy

Smash Rookie
Man, I was not expecting that caliber of Smash last Friday. There is a definate discrepancy between our skill levels and I appreciate you guys not dogging me for sucking so hard. That being said, I am humbly bowing out from future smash meet-ups. It's nothing personal. You guys were very friendly and helpful with the tips. But right now, I just don't have the time to get my smash skills up to snuff. And more than likely, even if I did, I don't think I could reach that level.

Again it's nothing personal and I'm thankful for the meet-up last Friday. Also, I hope I'm not discouraging any new players from going to future gatherings. Like I said, these guys are very welcoming and the mood there is very laxed. So go, if you're thinking of going.

oldboy is soooo beeaasst!! I ****ing love that movie man! Uber fail story time, I watched it when I switched on the wrong screening or something (you know, for a tv, it shows 3, video, cmpt, etc)? So yeah, it was black and white. but for some odd reason my girlfriend and I watched it like that throughout the whole thing but it gave the movie something, and it seemed soooo fitting to the movie. Hard to watch in colour though, lol, but man that movie owns.
lol. In b&w and you still ended up loving it. Just a testament to how great a film it is. Don't know if you've seen it yet but you should check out "Thirst". The true best film of 2009, not The Hurt Locker(**** the oscars). Park Chan-Wook is such a masterful director and doesn't get enough acclaim that he deserves. In terms of photography alone, you'd be hardpressed to find another filmmaker to match the quality of his compositions, although one can make a compelling argument for Jean-Pierre Jeunet.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Tin how about you and me just pitch in for parking? I don't mind too much.
Why u gotta pay for parking, how come u just cant go to south common mall and use the dimmy shuttle or walk lol

Top Bottom